Thread: Honda NT700V/650V Deuville

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes , Deauville NT650V2 2002 has a HISS(Honda Ignition Security System) . I'm currently riding one. Fuel consumption base on my exp. is as follows:
    1. 300km w/o reserve valve on.(about $15 for Shell fusion)
    2. Heavy but good handling while on the move.
    3. Pick up was faster compare to my Ex. super 4 Ver. R model.
    4. Top speed was 170 km/h (tested) but with pillion was more diffcult to achieve in 5th gear.
    5. My ger say it look like X9 from far.
    6. Satisfied with the petrol consumption and lower road Tax rate.
    7. Plenty of storage space.
    2002 version ah , den the linked brakes got pose any problems? like unable to apply rear dipping to dampen breaking effect on pillion?

Hi,
    The combine brake system dun give me any problem in fact it is good in the way it forbid me to use only my front brake too often...but my rear brake did give me headache. The first day of collecting my bike was an unpleasant one. The rear braking pad got jam and the rear wheel lock. I have to wait for 10 mins to cool down the braking fuel so as to release the lock of my rear wheel. (Maloo man..FU plate somemore) got it fix it for free of course.
    How cum brand new will liddat wan? this is major problem sia , imagine when high speed and you want to slowly tap brake but then lock!

jaho
    jaho
    has no status.
    Edit

Hi,
    Deau. travel for 300km w/o res. is ok but bear in mind I travel on Expressway(TPE). So I think crusing will tend to burn lesser fuel compare to traffic on stop and go kind where I tend to speed up fast after the green man turn angry.(red)

jaho
    jaho
    has no status.
    Edit

The rear brake that jam is not a sudden one. When the symptom occurs, you will feel your bike slowing down dispite you maintain your trottle grip at high speed (like 100kph). Only when you slow down further and come to a complete stop on the road shoulder, then you realise your bike cannot move any more no matter how hard you push it. You know the engine was ok bcos it sound alright.
    I got the same experience with my ex-TZR250. I got the front brake lock instead, that is why I know how to react when the same thing similar occurs. I travel at 150kmh and did alot of hard braking . Good that I can share this with you all.

There is one more thing I like after I bought this bike. The mannuel say that this bike engine oil change is every 12,000km(everytime the same) and shaft oil is every 36,000km. The rest is normal. (e.g brake pad, air/oil filter). Can't believe it is so low maintenance. What do you think?? Now I have travelled for 9,000km already and have not change engine oil since the last change at 1,500km.

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rear brake that jam is not a sudden one. When the symptom occurs, you will feel your bike slowing down dispite you maintain your trottle grip at high speed (like 100kph). Only when you slow down further and come to a complete stop on the road shoulder, then you realise your bike cannot move any more no matter how hard you push it. You know the engine was ok bcos it sound alright.
    I got the same experience with my ex-TZR250. I got the front brake lock instead, that is why I know how to react when the same thing similar occurs. I travel at 150kmh and did alot of hard braking . Good that I can share this with you all.

There is one more thing I like after I bought this bike. The mannuel say that this bike engine oil change is every 12,000km(everytime the same) and shaft oil is every 36,000km. The rest is normal. (e.g brake pad, air/oil filter). Can't believe it is so low maintenance. What do you think?? Now I have travelled for 9,000km already and have not change engine oil since the last change at 1,500km.
    yah lor its well-known for its reliability and low running costs thats why I had a hard time between the DV and Divvy haha (even names are pronounced same...) . My Divvy manual states engine oil every 10000km and shaft oil every 20000, oil/air filter both 20000

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

Personally, i would suggest you at least change oil and filter soon. Our Singapore traffic conditions have much more "stop-starts" than those Spanish villages.

My shaft oil, i changed after 12 months. There was some deposits in it, i suspect due to running in. 12 months after that, i changed again. On the 2nd change, hardly any deposits liao.

Generally, the bike very low maintenance though.

pufferfis
    Its CLOBBERING TIME!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah lor its well-known for its reliability and low running costs thats why I had a hard time between the DV and Divvy haha (even names are pronounced same...) . My Divvy manual states engine oil every 10000km and shaft oil every 20000, oil/air filter both 20000
    wats Divvy?...i know DV is Deuville..

Andy
    is gonna be at SBF Anniversary 2013 @ Scape!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diversion 900.
    Your best friend in forum :: Search ::

pufferfis
    Its CLOBBERING TIME!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diversion 900.
    i read somewhere dis DIvvy is air cooled right?

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diversion 900.
    i read somewhere dis DIvvy is air cooled right?
    air cool + oil cool that is

jaho
    jaho
    has no status.
    Edit

HI, Any one here has problem with the Deauville when it comes to a bump and you clutch in your gear you heard knocking sound form ..I think shaft or....?
    Do hear of that sometimes. Check with mechanic from agent (Boon Siew) when my bike is one month old. They cannot find any fault with the bike clutch nor engine. They just tune down the engine idle.
    Any either Divvy or Dv owner has a similar problem with their bike .

redtail
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone selling Deuville?
    Is so pls let me know at redtail@pacific.net.sg

Regards.

jaho
    jaho
    has no status.
    Edit

Got a quotation from Ubi MxxxrSxxe 1 year old 2001 model deauville dark green at $12,000. One month $ 180 for 48 months with my S4 trade in (FN plate). Ithink it is abit ex.

redtail
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a quotation from Ubi MxxxrSxxe 1 year old 2001 model deauville dark green at $12,000. One month $ 180 for 48 months with my S4 trade in (FN plate). Ithink it is abit ex.
    So you riding s4 now or deuville?

jaho
    jaho
    has no status.
    Edit

didn't buy that 2nd hand one... got a new 2002 model deauville instead.

redtail
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didn't buy that 2nd hand one... got a new 2002 model deauville instead.
    Got any pictures of your bike to show?

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

HI, Any one here has problem with the Deauville when it comes to a bump and you clutch in your gear you heard knocking sound form ..I think shaft or....?
    Do hear of that sometimes. Check with mechanic from agent (Boon Siew) when my bike is one month old. They cannot find any fault with the bike clutch nor engine. They just tune down the engine idle.
    Any either Divvy or Dv owner has a similar problem with their bike .
    Never had this problem. Most likely you have something under your seat or in your panniers which is bouncing around.

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MxtxrSxle is freaking ex , my new divvie from hong leong costs 16.8K flat without insurance loading, but I went to ask MxtxrSxle , and they said some thing "san qian" in chinese , then delightedly I said "wah shi san qian?" , then he said no , "er shi san qian". I nearly pengz immediately walk away and immediately bought the divvy from hong leong haha , perhaps they had some kinda conspiracy hmm hmm haha

anywayz I dun have the knocking noise problem , perhaps its juz some mild glitch on the '02, dun think too much

jaho
    jaho
    has no status.
    Edit

Hi, folks
    Thank you for the advise, I will temporary ignore that problem. Dun have any picture of my bike. (Will post it here when I have one.). Anyway, would like to share my thoughts on the making of future Dv.
    1. Fuel gauge(although tripmetre can tell but still prefer the gauge)
    2. non-chrome exhaust pipe bcos the chrome tend to chip off when hit by debris along the road. Will get rusty after some time.
    3.lighter in weight(Never encounter a 650cc bike so heavy one.)
    4. bigger side box to put a helmet. dislike motorbike with rear top box as it spoilt the look. I think the Divvy is cool with its side box.
    5. The rider foot pad is a little obstructing would prefer it to be a litte forward or backward.

What I like about Dv.
    1. cheaper in road tax.
    2. Dun look like TP bike.(Some people dislike TP and may disfigure my bike if they mistaken when they are drunk. )
    3. Shaft driven

In all, Both Divvy and CB1000 are also one of my desire street bike beside Dv.

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

Fuel gauge or not, i still go by odometre, so actually, have or not also same lah. But would be nice to have a light to tell you "on reserve". Mind you i guess that is what the fuel switch is for.....

...problem is my fuel switch permanant on reserve.....

Sotong
    Sotong
    has no status.
    Edit

Redtail, you tried DV before liao ah?

redtail
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redtail, you tried DV before liao ah?
    no leh... but couldn't wait to try on one..

jaho
    jaho
    has no status.
    Edit

Hi,
    Just have my Dv service on engine oil, shaft oil, oil filter, and two front brake pad.(rear one ok, on need to change yet). Any one have any idea on how often should the spark plug get change as well. The mechanic advise is every 10,000km. but i think too soon leh. what about until you find that your bike get difficult to start in the morning then go and change.

Andy
    is gonna be at SBF Anniversary 2013 @ Scape!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    Just have my Dv service on engine oil, shaft oil, oil filter, and two front brake pad.(rear one ok, on need to change yet). Any one have any idea on how often should the spark plug get change as well. The mechanic advise is every 10,000km. but i think too soon leh. what about until you find that your bike get difficult to start in the morning then go and change.
    spark plugs, when its working its working. When it dont, it dont anymore. by then tooooo late.
    Your best friend in forum :: Search ::

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

Hi,
    I changed mine after 12 months (about 20000km) When the plug came out.... it was nice and shiney..... waste time But since it was out, i changed it anyway.

It's a lot of work to change the plugs on the DV, 4 plugs. 2 are easy to get at, the other 2 involve removing part of the fairing (make sure your mech remove the compartment box together, otherwise you are likely to break off 2 tapping screws inside the fairing.) and the fuel tank.

If the nothing wrong, i would suggest leaving it. So far i changed twice. Both times, the plugs were as good as new. "Na Chai Mai liao !"

jaho
    jaho
    has no status.
    Edit

Hi,
    Any Dv rider and owner have any problem with this bikes. Do share your advise and problems.

redtail
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard from a mechanic that the Deauville is not a European bike ( like the ST11 ) and rather, it's made in Spain.
    Hence the parts are even more expensive than the parts of a ST11.

Can anyone tell me whether it's true? Especially those riding a Deauville now. Thanks.

How abt the maintainance cost compared to a ST11?
    I'm deciding whether to get a newer Deauville or get a old ST11.

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

I've heard from a mechanic that the Deauville is not a European bike ( like the ST11 ) and rather, it's made in Spain.
    Hence the parts are even more expensive than the parts of a ST11.

Can anyone tell me whether it's true? Especially those riding a Deauville now. Thanks.

How abt the maintainance cost compared to a ST11?
    I'm deciding whether to get a newer Deauville or get a old ST11.
    The last time i went to geography class, SPAIN is in Europe. It is a member of the European Union..... in fact i think it is even using the Euro as it's currency.

What kind of parts are you talking about? Nearly all honda use same oil filter. Plugs you can chose from a whole list. the various oils and other consumerbles are readily available.

Maintenance is confirm cheaper than ST.

Kenneth Lee
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this Deauvile selling at Ban Hock Hin, 4mths old, 3k mileage, with topbox,combine brake model, only $11,800. was at $16k when purchase new. Owner give up cause the bike is too heavy for him to handle. Cheap huh.

chrisonance
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this Deauvile selling at Ban Hock Hin, 4mths old, 3k mileage, with topbox,combine brake model, only $11,800. was at $16k when purchase new. Owner give up cause the bike is too heavy for him to handle. Cheap huh.
    that a good buy...

but kinda of underpower...
    cHrIsOnAnCe
    OnE tHaT s|tS oN PoRcH sW|Ng
    aPaRt By E mOOn N sTaRs
    LoOk|nG @ skY tH|NkInG oF CB1000/Fz1000 !!!

roytanlk
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all, just to revive this deauville thread abit.

u see, i bought this bike recently and was wondering on how much does a normal and a K&N air filter cost each? Is it true that K&N air filter is cleanable and reusable for a long time using its cleaning kit?

One more qn, what is the best top box to go with the deauville. My bike comes with GIvi Maxia E52 box, still in good condition. Selling cheaping at $120 neg. anyone interested pls sms me at 9238 0600 to quote ur best offer.

OMD
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u see, i bought this bike recently and was wondering on how much does a normal and a K&N air filter cost each? Is it true that K&N air filter is cleanable and reusable for a long time using its cleaning kit?

One more qn, what is the best top box to go with the deauville. My bike comes with GIvi Maxia E52 box, still in good condition. Selling cheaping at $120 neg. anyone interested pls sms me at 9238 0600 to quote ur best offer.
    FYI, there is no K&N filters available to fit the Deauville. For the top box, just get the Givi Simply E450 with the Deauville base from Chiap Lee.

OMD
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi to all,

Would like to contribute my share on the ups and downs of riding a Deauville. This post is mainly targeted at those people who are considering to own one of these bikes, to give them a real and down to earth view on owning the Deauville.

As mentioned before, by others, it is not a revv till the redline, knee-scrapping, 0-3 sec quarter miler hooligan sports bike. It is a mild, predictable and comfortable mid-range tourer. It is made in Spain, one of the 2 models by Honda that's made there ( the other is the Varadero 1000 ).

As far as comfort is concerned, you and your pillion will not be disappointed. Seats are plush and wide enough for touring. Riding posture is more relax due to the positioning of the pegs and height of your handlebars. Bike height is a little tall for Asian standards but most will be able to manage. Instruments are fairly basic and functional without the latest gadgetry. Due to the fact that it is a European model bike, you have the option of switching on or off your headlights, which are designed for the left-hand drive roads of Europe ( lights dips to the left instead of right ).

Fuel consumption is normal for a 650 class bikes. You get about 18-20 km/l with a 19.5L tank ( 3.5L reserve ). Other than the regular maintenance of oil, filter and gear oil change, there is pretty nothing much else to do.

Insurance bit is a little tricky, because, insurance companies classify the Deauville as a full-faired bike, which translates to a higher than normal premium. A comprehensive insurance would be in the range of $900 plus.

The downside of the Deauville comes in the form of it's spare parts. Since it comes from Spain, prices for replacement parts are expensive. Even a speedometer cable replacement cost as much as $50. So, potential buyers, be warned, you can't get parts from LAB ( there's none available ), everything has to be Honda Original parts from Spain.

Overall, it is a pleasant bike to ride, very economical ( except for the spares ) and does not spring any surprises on the riders. Those who have never ridden or owned a V-engined bikes would find the "vibrations" a little disturbing, but is is part and parcel of owning a V-Twin bike. In a nutshell, the Deauville appeals to a niche community of bikers in Singapore.

From,
    OMD

marcopolo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all

just sold off the deauville; and i must say I've had one full year of adventure with this bike.

UK BIKE magazine rate it as "THE WHITE BREAD OF BIKES"
    and I think i cannot agree more!

The deauville does nothing spectacular in particular but does get you where you want to go. You will not feel the fatigue of KMs until when the bike starts jerking to tell you to switch to reserve tank.(another 50-70km more to go)

the only thing that gave way in my deauville was the out-dated rectifier...which came originally w/o cooling fins.

In fact, after owning the TDM for a week or so...
    I'm missing the deauville for

1)wind protection
    2)more forgiving gears(cos a vtwin propels on even if you're on the wrong gear)
    3)SOFA seats
    4)the storage space (2 glove compartments and 2 side panniers)
    You have travelled to places others have not ventured....You read books that others have never heard of....You see humour in unusual places. And you've always gone your own way. Why, then, should you ride a bike that's like all the rest?

when you travel, you experience, in a very practical way, the ART of reBIRTH
    a r t o f r e b i r t h . b l o g s p o t . c o m

william_liu
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dream commuter bike..........

You guys make me gian only....... money fall from the sky pls?
    Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

shebiker67
    shebiker67
    has no status.
    Edit

hi hi

Congratulations in riding such wonderful bike. However, bad news is that there isn't any K&N filter for Deauville... Guess you have to buy stock filter when due change.

justmelah
    justmelah
    has no status.
    Edit

i remember someone did tried to mod a k&n for cbr919 into the nt650..

Bieffe
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also like this bike. Looks so much like our TP bike seen a couple in white, silver or other light tone colours really scared me.

But i wonder till date why isn't a fuel gauge provided for this bike after all its a tourer ya? Parts wise bo pian like HD and Ducatti....parts are limited.

I am yet to own this bike but hope there will be a Jap version soon.

bigman_185
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can someone tell me how much does the oil & air filter cost ? can i do the change of engine oil, air & oil filter at "Lim Ah Boy"?

JuzMe
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can someone tell me how much does the oil & air filter cost ? can i do the change of engine oil, air & oil filter at "Lim Ah Boy"?
    I was charged $18 for the oil filter & $68 for the air filter when I did the servicing at new southern half a yr ago.

bigman_185
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone out there recommend workshops to servicing for DV? I need to do oil & filter change.

bigman_185
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone out there attending this event?

shebiker67
    shebiker67
    has no status.
    Edit

Anyone out there attending this event?
    huh? What event???

Ride safe & defensively,
    Shebiker on White STa11ion

bigman_185
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a Singapore Bikes Anniversary at Europa Beach Bar @ East Coast on 13 Dec 2003 at 1400hrs. Anyway anyone going?

huh? What event???

Ride safe & defensively,

shebiker67
    shebiker67
    has no status.
    Edit

There is a Singapore Bikes Anniversary at Europa Beach Bar @ East Coast on 13 Dec 2003 at 1400hrs. Anyway anyone going?
    Won't be able to go as I'm going for a trip. Enjoy yourself guys...

Ride safely & defensively,

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

You actually dare to let those clowns touch your bike?????

bigman_185
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If just change engine oil & oil filter only. Why not? Other things can go other places to do.

You actually dare to let those clowns touch your bike?????

bigman_185
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Deauville owners out there have respray for their bikes? How much done it cost? At where?
    Guess which word had this meaning.

1. Any code or set of principles containing different provisions for one group of people than for another, esp. an unwritten code of sexual behavior permitting men more freedom than women.

2. A set of principles permitting greater opportunity or liberty to one than to another, especially the granting of greater sexual freedom to men than to women.

3. A set of principles establishing different provisions for one group than another; also, specifically, allowing men more sexual freedom than women.

has no status.
    Edit

When can i change my air filter? My milage abt 11500.
    And anyone fix crash bar on their deaville where and price?

bigman_185
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much does the handle bar ball bearings cost?

1. Any code or set of principles containing different provisions for one group of people than for another, esp. an unwritten code of sexual behavior permitting men more freedom than women.

2. A set of principles permitting greater opportunity or liberty to one than to another, especially the granting of greater sexual freedom to men than to women.

3. A set of principles establishing different provisions for one group than another; also, specifically, allowing men more sexual freedom than women.

bigman_185
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone tell me where is the coolant bottle?

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast