Gh0st _R11der
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Honda NT700V/650V Deuville

Any Deuville owners out there wanna comment abt their bike? pick up..mid-range..fuel comsuptions..cost of maintence..etc?
    Last edited by sino74; 31-05-2009 at 11:16 PM.

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

It's spelt Deauville after a Spanish town .....

fuel consumption from 21km/ ltr down to about 17 if you full throttle top gear.

Pick up?..... not really worth commenting, want pick up better buy CBR

Mid range, good. Over taking is seldom a problem (unless you are trying to over take Greg;s Busa or Bobo the "lacer" )

Maintenance is cheap. 2.5ltrs of golden syrup every 4-6000km (recommended is 10000). Standard Honda filters. No chain to adjust or lube. Conservatively tires last over a year.

Overall, nice small bike with big bike virtues.

BoBOKik
    BoBOKik
    has no status.
    Edit

whey whey... ur bike 650cc leh.. mine only 400cc leh..

josh
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rider fierce... more impt that bike fierce...

Just joking!!!
    Scare.. Scare... Safety first!

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

rider fierce... more impt that bike fierce...

Just joking!!!

RobVanDam
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No chain? So it is belt drive or shaft drive, i believe?

Gh0st _R11der
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paiseh paiseh... incorrect spelling. Sounds good value to mi. I heard from my friend tat the latch won't last..izzit true? so far urs got problem ? I also heard 02 spec is a bit diff in term of appearence...not so much on performance, think the same as 00 spec. Wat's ur comments?
    U said pickup not worth commenting but at least can par with s4? Although hp per wt s4 is a bit so call pwrfoo than NT ( 0.28 vs 0.24 )but both diff eng config, twin eng build pwr faster than a inline but goes out of breathe faster.

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

I heard from my friend tat the latch won't last..izzit true? so far urs got problem ?
    U said pickup not worth commenting but at least can par with s4? Although hp per wt s4 is a bit so call pwrfoo than NT ( 0.28 vs 0.24 )but both diff eng config, twin eng build pwr faster than a inline but goes out of breathe faster.
    What latch?

S4 will probably out drag you in 1st 2nd or 3rd. Top speed is about same.

I don't think anyone buys this bike for performance. V-twin is smooth and torquey. Nothing to do with building power faster or anything like that, it's just the design.

If you want to find out more see the following

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/detail?...ocumentID=92577

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes/detail...ocumentID=60101

Gh0st _R11der
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much for the NT 650. Another bike i'm interested in is nvr in sg: Fazer 600. it's actually evrything i want on a bike. Good standard riding posture, big fuel range (22L), a centrestand, a fairing, pwr should come close to a CB 750 but lighter in wt, can put top box somemore, won't spoil the looks of the bike....is it difficult to import this bike?? The motortiams got NT 650, Hornet 600 but y no Fazer 600?

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

Problem with mid size (600cc + -) bikes is due to the licensing structure and COE, they are generally not in great demand in sg.

For ex, R1 costs about $21k OTR, R6 about $17. IT's only 4k diff over 10 yrs.

However, with insurance premiums on the rise , i suspect demand for mid size bikes will increase.

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there, I'm also very interested in getting a Deauville, have read everything about it , and all are positive. What pulls me back is that I would rellie love to get a big bike that catches attention and gives me the kind of satisfaction to not buy another bike (since this would be the last bike I buy). I'm only into tourers and for my budget I'm stuck with choosing either Deaville , African Twin or Varadero 1000. The deauville would save me heaps of money to buy and maintain, but if I get it , I would keep thinking to myself why didnt I buy a varadero or AT for more power, and I would get jealous whenever I see them haha ... I hate regrets...

Oh and one more question , if I get deauville I hope that it can at least have more power and drrive than S4 , since I'm riding a VTEC now...

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

If you want more power than the S4 then u should be looking at other bikes. Top is about the same although the fairing would make the DV a much more comfy bike at higher speeds.

Varadero is not recommended, a friend had one and lost a fortune on it when he sold. Also said it drinks petrol like water.

Perhaps u might consider the Diversion 900 (see TP bike at national day) or a 2nd hand ST. Still, i don't think u can find another tourer that is as good value (price and maintenance wise) as the DV.

How much is your budget and when u wanna buy? If you wanna buy towards the end of the year let me know.

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my budget is to pay about 200 bucks per mnth haha , I'm having FT plate Vtec , should be able to sell about 8000+ I guess. And yup I gonna buy near yr end. I'm seriously considering deauville... but still it puts me off when I see AT or Varadero ..

Gh0st _R11der
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well..tats depend on ur brain vs ur heart (rational vs emotional). If u can put up the dull looks of the DV & want practical function DV sounds like a good investment. other wise AT sounds good also for rugged good looks, don fancy a Vara personally though. Most importantly u must feel rite for ur bike lor.Sometimes if u get wat u really wan it might not feel good to u afterall. Life is tat complicated at times. For mi, my ideal bike got 2 be a Fazer 600 but sg don import it *sign*. Will try to c whether it's possible to import 1, if not i will resign to fate & get a DV...

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if the DV performs worse or the same as my vtec now , I would really be disappointed and rather keep the S4 ... this is most prob gonna be the last bike I'll buy... Any other options?
    I would rellie love the R1150GS, but juz too ex... so I might settle for varadero or AT. Cash wise , I would choose AT for fuel econmoy but I heard it's not quite faster than DV (in fact some reviews showed it had lower top speed), probably just more torque and acceleration.
    Then again , the price of AT and Vara same leh , then for same marny I get 250CC more...
    The old ST1100 comes into view but too ah peh looks...

arrrghh...........

my top choice now is Varadero , pls tell me everything thats bad about it

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And how much is the XJ900 TP bike? that wan I oso can consider sia

Gh0st _R11der
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... A Varadero owner juz get the engine stripped apart, a FU plater . All the owner did is juz remove the spark plug, clean it & put it back. When he started the bike, IT sounds normal until he reved the engine & it produce a horrific sound! Sounds like amplified clankin of the con rods!! He don dare to ride it & sent for a tow to Gopa shop. Initial accessment was c/o with partial strip down but everything seems normal with no wear or anything sort of break, so last resort : stripped down the whole engine!!! now the engine is chuwee chuwee but the con rods is fine!!! So Strange . Gopa suspected it's a late nineties model but i don think so, i didn't ask for the manufacturing date anyway but i know ther's a recall to change the whole engine at that pt of time but judging it's a FU, it shld be a 01/02 model, shldn't be affected, so far i oni hear of this isolated case & the owner bought it under parallel import, so he got to bear all the costs. The oni lucky thing is wat i heard from Gopa he's a richman, so shldn't be a problem to him. If it's happens to mi, i will die cork standing!

Palary
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Month while I was at looi's Motor,

He quote me the Deauville at $15.8K OTR and the Diversion at $18K OTR (comes with Yamaha Panniers)
    Looking the Power side, the Diversion is definitely more powerful than the DV.

And how much is the XJ900 TP bike? that wan I oso can consider sia

RobVanDam
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah if you get the Diversion, you can finally compete with the TPs already. And go around the national stadium track for NDP, no one will know that you are different. Seriously speaking, 18k is a reasonable price for a big tourer. An even bigger tourer like XJR1300 or STX1300 will be more than 20k or even 25k!

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ey nice idea leh , then I think most of the TPs would say hi to you on road , then you could make rellie good frens wif them! hahaha , but still , haizz I think I got budget liao , so deauville most prob . Ey guiness or whoever can tell us how the power/torque/acceleration compares to a VTEC?

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ey nice idea leh , then I think most of the TPs would say hi to you on road , then you could make rellie good frens wif them! hahaha , but still , haizz I think I got budget liao , so deauville most prob . Ey guiness or whoever can tell us how the power/torque/acceleration compares to a VTEC?

RobVanDam
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that the NT650 is smoother and much quieter than the hyper vtec (chain noise), mostly because it is shaft driven.

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

standing start sure the S4 will pull away.

rolling runs about 100 will see your torque come into play although i don't think you could out run a determined vtec.

Past about 140 and your extra capacity will pull stronger up to max of 200 on the speedo. Actual speed is probably about 185-190. One thing is no one will ever "jio" you sitting on this bike, and if you go "jio" others on this bike you are just asking to be humiliated.

Saying that, at any speed over 100 or for any long distance you are probably going to be MUCH more comfortable on the DV.

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm then how about compare the stability (vibration) and comfort(sitting position) of the deauville with trailers like AT or dero?

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can sumone give me more details about deauville? me reallie interested , but looks like guiness the oni guy riding it and he's gonna change liao too

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

For the right price, I'll give you ALL the details u need......

In fact, you can test ride all the way home and take your time to slowly examine all the individual component.

Or you could bring down Science Park Rd and scrap the foot pegs. Or to N/S highway and clear the meter!

-----------------------------

RE: stability, up to 160 sitting up no problem, 180 you'll want to bend over but bike still stable.

2up riding, up to 140 is comfortable, 150 bearable and anything more you can bend over but pillion willl suffer (Not recommended).

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rellie ah ? ey after I complete my class 2 TP test/s I lend and test ride for 1 hr can? I give you my vtec key if you scared hehe.

Anywayz I dun even ride up to 140km/hr , so its great if 140 is still nice and comfy , I think I'll get it but I still wanna test ride it.

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

I said "for the right price....." ie: you can buy the whole bike and test to your hearts content! hahaha

hmsa2112
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo! Guinness...
    hows the pickup and height clearance (for humps), corner (footpeg) clearance?
    pickup can win super4?

Deauville8888
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, The DV pick up can anytime faster than a S4.
    When the going gets Tough,
    The Tough gets Going.

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

Yes, The DV pick up can anytime faster than a S4.
    Yes, DV with SAF!!!!!

DV on the move rolling on torque in 3rd might pull harder, but there is NO way (except perhaps with SAF!) that the DV will out gun a S4 on a "standing start".

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DV got HISS meh?

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

DV got HISS meh?
    Rattlesnakes also HISS....

Sotong
    Sotong
    has no status.
    Edit

Guinness, just out of curiosity but what bike are you changing to from DV?

Pardon my interuption, but I have chosen an old FM ST11 over newer DV650, Div900 and even PC800.
    Reason: Its got style, comfort, storage, power (Notice I didn't say speed...), wrenchability (can DIY on it cos its still carb injection and not EFI) and stability.

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

Pardon my interuption, but I have chosen an old FM ST11 over newer DV650, Div900 and even PC800.
    Reason: Its got style, comfort, storage, power (Notice I didn't say speed...), wrenchability (can DIY on it cos its still carb injection and not EFI) and stability.
    Actually all the bikes you mention all also run on carbs....

Still.... everyone has diff opinions and percieved needs. So as long as you chose the bike you want, most of the time you can't go wrong.

Sotong
    Sotong
    has no status.
    Edit

so whats your next call? I am just using it for reference. Kawa? I kind of love my ST so much that these days, I ask myself, whats next... or rather what else...

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

Maybe a Bird..... just maybe.....

porker
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guinness, just out of curiosity but what bike are you changing to from DV?

DIY an ST11??? you must be joking! any of the above bikes will be easier to DIY than an ST11! Everything is concealed!
    Why I ride....\"Modern travelling is not travelling at all; it is merely being sent to a place, and very little different from becoming a parcel.\" -- John Ruskin

Sotong
    Sotong
    has no status.
    Edit

To Porker:
    Not joking... there is always a first time...

To Guinness:
    Interesting choice! but EFI = low DIY option

jaho
    jaho
    has no status.
    Edit

Yes , Deauville NT650V2 2002 has a HISS(Honda Ignition Security System) . I'm currently riding one. Fuel consumption base on my exp. is as follows:
    1. 300km w/o reserve valve on.(about $15 for Shell fusion)
    2. Heavy but good handling while on the move.
    3. Pick up was faster compare to my Ex. super 4 Ver. R model.
    4. Top speed was 170 km/h (tested) but with pillion was more diffcult to achieve in 5th gear.
    5. My ger say it look like X9 from far.
    6. Satisfied with the petrol consumption and lower road Tax rate.
    7. Plenty of storage space.

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes , Deauville NT650V2 2002 has a HISS(Honda Ignition Security System) . I'm currently riding one. Fuel consumption base on my exp. is as follows:
    4. Top speed was 170 km/h (tested) but with pillion was more diffcult to achieve in 5th gear.
    2002 version ah , den the linked brakes got pose any problems? like unable to apply rear dipping to dampen breaking effect on pillion?

mini-dero
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about giving us a short review of the new bike based on u're riding experience...i think it would benefit the future buyers of the bike....i surely would like 1...

chrisonance
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about giving us a short review of the new bike based on u're riding experience...i think it would benefit the future buyers of the bike....i surely would like 1...
    Why don get a ST1100???? the difference in ins n rd tax fuel a lot???
    cHrIsOnAnCe
    OnE tHaT s|tS oN PoRcH sW|Ng
    aPaRt By E mOOn N sTaRs
    LoOk|nG @ skY tH|NkInG oF CB1000/Fz1000 !!!

Sotong
    Sotong
    has no status.
    Edit

For comparison purpose, For my ST: I pay $380 for rd tax a year and $450 for insurance (3rd party, no NCB) and my fuel consumption is 16-17 km/l on singapore traffic. I usually hit reserve at around 400km with another 60km more to go on reserve.

IMHO, I chose ST over DV because of storage and power. The two side boxes of the DV to me is really non existence, too small... In addition, manuvere with ST on highways with 2 up is really a breeze with lots of power to back you up. Heavy but rock stable, definitely a worthy buy.

MrBoliao
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup in total (tax, insurance, instalment (bike price), maintenance (hard to diy) , fuel economy)quite a lot ...

jaho
    jaho
    has no status.
    Edit

Personally, I like a bigger CC bike. My favourite is Haya and B.bird follow by ZXR750(the one with only one air intake in the front).
    I'm standing 1.7m tall, frankly speaking my foot is not flat on the ground as the DV is rather high sitting. Moving the bike backward is difficult for a 223kg bike.
    The temp. torlance for this bike is not as good as the japan made bike as it gets hot easily while at idle. The red warning light will lit up in no time if idle for too long. The fan will turn on after the red warning lit up for some time. (Spanish bike no summer?) The ex-DV owner say big bikes are like that, they say red light carry on and speed to cool the engine. He said that his Blackbird even puke coolant when it gets too hot...
    However, for cornering and U-turn with just two car lane is not a problem. I bought this bike for its slimer look than ST (morning travel on Loryang and Changi village to Air Line Hse is not a joke.) My colleauge riding ST frequently has to give way to other smaller bikes as they like to squeeze throu. ( of course sometimes I also have to give way lah,,.. but not as much as he does)
    Never ride an ST b4.. so cannot compare the comfort but power wise no need to say rite.
    Bought this bike mainly bcos of pillion comfort unlike racer.
    My bike cost $15,600 plus half yr rd tax, 1 yr insurance, IU and ....that's all. Sell my FN super4 ver r R for $5,500 so trade in the bike with annual interest 4.5% monthly @249 for 48 months

jaho
    jaho
    has no status.
    Edit

2002 version ah , den the linked brakes got pose any problems? like unable to apply rear dipping to dampen breaking effect on pillion?
    Hi,
    The combine brake system dun give me any problem in fact it is good in the way it forbid me to use only my front brake too often...but my rear brake did give me headache. The first day of collecting my bike was an unpleasant one. The rear braking pad got jam and the rear wheel lock. I have to wait for 10 mins to cool down the braking fuel so as to release the lock of my rear wheel. (Maloo man..FU plate somemore) got it fix it for free of course.

jaho
    jaho
    has no status.
    Edit

yup in total (tax, insurance, instalment (bike price), maintenance (hard to diy) , fuel economy)quite a lot ...
    Engine Capacity

Engine Capacity (EC) Existing Road Tax Formula (per annum) New Road Tax Formula* (per annum)
    EC = 200 cc $100 (flat rate) $80 (flat rate)

200 cc < EC < 1,000 cc $100 + 0.4 x (EC - 200) $80 + 0.3 x (EC - 200)

EC > 1,000 cc $420 + 1.0 x (EC 1,000) $320 + 0.6 x (EC 1,000 )

redtail
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Porker:
    Not joking... there is always a first time...

To Guinness:
    Interesting choice! but EFI = low DIY option
    Hi jeffery,

Are you Philip's friend? The one selling his St11?
    So how's it going for u?

Regards,
    John,

GuiNNeSS
    GuiNNeSS
    has no status.
    Edit

You should be able to clear the speedometre, but at the top end, there will always be a larger discrepancy.

You got 300 w/o reserve! Good..... i usually only manage 280ish.... i once managed 385km (inc reserve) and still managed to get to a petrol station. A little harder to achieve once you run in the engine, cos you will tend to hold the gears for just a little bit longer.

Overall GOOD everyday bike.

Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast