User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Independent Damage Assessment Centres (Idacs)

Andy
    is gonna be at SBF Anniversary 2013 @ Scape!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accident Reporting
    Independent Damage Assessment Centres(Idacs)

If you meet with a motor accident (CHOY*) and wish to make a claim, you will need to have damage to the vehicle assessed at the Independent Damage Assessment Centres(Idacs), from 1st August 2002.

All accidents must be reported at an Idac within 24 hours. The Idacs are open 24 hours, seven days a week to take in damaged vehicles. They are open from 8.00am to 9.00pm every day for assessment of damage and accident reporting.

You can call Idac's hotline: 1800 8875151 for assistance including towing services.

Income policyholders can leave their vehicles at Idacs for assessment of damage. Income will arrange for the vehicles to be repaired by their selected workshops.

Location of Idacs

[list]
    Central[*]Delgro Engineering - 205 Braddell Road[*]VAC - 385 Sin Ming Drive[*]SIAC - 302 Sin Ming Road

North[*]*VAC - 501 Yishun Ind. Park

West[*]VAC - 511 Bukit Batok Road St. 23

East[*]*VAC - 23 Kaki Bukit Ave, 20 Changi North Crescent[*]SIAC - 5 Ubi Close
    [list]

(Note: * will be operational in October 02)
    Your best friend in forum :: Search ::

spycraft
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the word 'vehicle' applies to bikes as well??

Andy
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, i think so.

eyke
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does this apply if you are claiming the other party's insurance?

marcopolo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my insurance policy was from last Oct...
    apparently, I'm not required to send my bike for inspection at IDAC
    You have travelled to places others have not ventured....You read books that others have never heard of....You see humour in unusual places. And you've always gone your own way. Why, then, should you ride a bike that's like all the rest?

when you travel, you experience, in a very practical way, the ART of reBIRTH
    a r t o f r e b i r t h . b l o g s p o t . c o m

Andy
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Andy, any idea with these new procedure, are we require to pay for these so called "assessment" or otherwise? thanks
    hi, i dun tink so. Its all supposed to save them money by going thru these assessment centres so revenue is drawn from there... kakaa... i'm not sure. Let's wait for someone with real-life experience to share. (not me, i'm not going to bwang!)

lutein
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No such thing as free... at least for car, must pay abt $200 per car for assessment if parties intend to claim through insurance. IDAC is an independent party.

Andy
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear XXX,

I appreciate your support in opting to insure your vehicle with NTUC Income.

The General Insurance Association has set up 10 IDAC centers (Independent Damage Assessment Centers) to allow motorists to send their vehicles for one-stop accident reporting and assessment of damages to their vehicles.

This scheme is aimed at providing a convenient service to motorists and to help insurers to minimise the inflated repair claims submitted by workshops.

If you should meet with an accident, please send your vehicle to an appointed IDAC center for the damages to be assessed.

You should report to the IDAC center in all cases, regardless of whether you intend to claim against NTUC Income or to claim against the insurer of the other vehicle.

Under an agreement with other insurance companies, NTUC Income will pay for the repair cost for our insured vehicles, even if the policyholder makes a claim against the other party.

By reporting to the IDAC center, you will help NTUC Income to minimise our repair cost. This will help us to reduce our premium rate for the benefit of all policyholders.

If we find that a policyholder has chosen to bypass the IDAC center without a valid reason and it has contributed to an inflated claim, we may exercise our right (under condition 8) to cancel the insurance policy and to refund the unexpired premium. Alternatively, we may exercise our right not to renew the insurance policy on its renewal.

Please co-operate with us. Drive carefully. If you meet with an accident, go to the IDAC center. A list of these centers is shown below. You can also call our hotline:67886616.

Tan Kin Lian
    Chief Executive Officer

Idac Braddell 205 Braddell S'pore 579701
    Idac Bedok North 1301 Bedok North Ave 4 S'pore 489945
    Idac Bukit Batok 511 Bukit Batok St 23 S'pore 659454
    Idac Sin Ming Drive 385 Sin Ming Drive S'pore 575718
    Idac Sin Ming Road 302 Sin Ming Road S'pore 575627
    Idac Ubi Close 5 Ubi Close S'pore 408605
    Idac Yishun 501 Yishun Industrial Park A S'pore 768732
    Idac Changi 20, Changi North Crescent S'pore 499613
    Idac Kaki Bukit 23, Kaki Bukit Ave 4 S'pore 415933
    Idac Portsdown 5, Portsdown Road S'pore 139296

Operation hours : 8am - 9pm, Monday - Sunday

'xXx'
    'xXx'
    has no status.
    Edit

So is he saying that even if it is not our fault & we are claiming against the other party, NTUC will pay for its members repair first.

Wah if like that good what, we dun have to wait lawyer letter and all that crap to get our money for repair....as long as they dun raise the premium

Care to correct me pls

guyver
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From dictionary vehicle means a device or structure for transporting persons or things; a conveyance: a space vehicle.

guyver
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does this apply if you are claiming the other party's insurance?
    Yes..... either way... must go IDAC.

guyver
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my insurance policy was from last Oct...
    apparently, I'm not required to send my bike for inspection at IDAC
    Think it's still better for u to send to IDAC... just in case they don't let u claim full amount in the event.... better safe than sorry.

guyver
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="Andy"]
    hi, i dun tink so. Its all supposed to save them money by going thru these assessment centres so revenue is drawn from there... kakaa... i'm not sure. Let's wait for someone with real-life experience to share. (not me, i'm not going to bwang!)
    Yah... i knew the process.... kana accident send to IDAC... wait there... then adjuster will be there to access the damage... take picture and produce a damage report.

What they want 2 prevent is fraudulent claims whereby pple abuse the insurance policy..... the charges will be bear by the insurance company.

guyver
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we find that a policyholder has chosen to bypass the IDAC center without a valid reason and it has contributed to an inflated claim, we may exercise our right (under condition 8) to cancel the insurance policy and to refund the unexpired premium. Alternatively, we may exercise our right not to renew the insurance policy on its renewal.
    Wah!! let's say claim is $15K... they return premium $500..... *sigh*

Sawadii
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wah!! let's say claim is $15K... they return premium $500..... *sigh*
    I heard cos' the huge number of accident vehicles going to IDAC everyday, these centres can't cope and always kanna complain. Now no longer necessary to bring vehicle to IDAC to claim insurance.Don;t know how true it that.
    A fool's pride makes him talk too much; a wise man's words protect him (Proverbs 14:3)

flex
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

erm....
    by right any vehicles that involve in an accident and intending to claim from insurance,
    must go to IDAC to do reporting
    then there is person in charge to take photo on the vehicles involve in the accident.

if ur vehicle cannot be drive/ride to IDAC, use a digital camera to take
    2 front (front left and front right) and 2 rear (rear front and rear back) pictures and pass to them while giving ur report.

chiacy80
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wat if after the accident, i ask my workshop to toll back then only go idac only after two weeks because of other commitment like exams?
    2002-2006: PX 150
    2006-Present: Hyper Vtec

Custom
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real life Story...
    Haf year back, kena accident with a car... the car runs over my bikes.
    Call police, police say no injury, bo chap... asked to call NTUC.
    NTUC ask me to call Idacs.....knn

Idacs tow my bike to their center.
    Write statment, take photos of damage area then ask me to find my own bike shop for repair.
    I've to pay the repair cost first, then fight with the other party for the cost...
    Unlike cars, they have destined workshop so don't need to find.
    In the end, I scrap my bike...

Sawadii
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real life Story...
    Haf year back, kena accident with a car... the car runs over my bikes.
    Call police, police say no injury, bo chap... asked to call NTUC.
    NTUC ask me to call Idacs.....knn

Idacs tow my bike to their center.
    Write statment, take photos of damage area then ask me to find my own bike shop for repair.
    I've to pay the repair cost first, then fight with the other party for the cost...
    Unlike cars, they have destined workshop so don't need to find.
    In the end, I scrap my bike...
    so you didn't claim anything from the other fellow's insurance?
    A fool's pride makes him talk too much; a wise man's words protect him (Proverbs 14:3)

Custom
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted 2 but late think think my bike veri old, repair cost about $200, if scrap can get back $300+, so I give up the idea and get another bike.... too lazi...

hilfiger
    is riding a fz1s
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accident Reporting
    Independent Damage Assessment Centres(Idacs)

If you meet with a motor accident (CHOY*) and wish to make a claim, you will need to have damage to the vehicle assessed at the Independent Damage Assessment Centres(Idacs), from 1st August 2002.
    Correct me if i'm wrong...so if the accident is caused by us, that is, the other party is making a claim against us, we don't have to send our vehicle to IDAC??

kopikian
    kopikian
    has no status.
    Edit

Correct me if i'm wrong...so if the accident is caused by us, that is, the other party is making a claim against us, we don't have to send our vehicle to IDAC??
    If you have NTUC insurances, you have to.

You need to bring your vehicle down to any iDAC for assements and pictures taking and then make a accident report. If never do that, NTUC will not process the claim and you have to pay for the repair cost.

Demon
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last week I was driving my car and bump a merz E200, denting the right side of the bumper. The owner took it to to IDAC at Braddel, and came back with a damage assessment, and quoted repair at $450. Of course he wanted cash compensation of $450, citing IDAC as reference. I took some photo of the damage, planned show them to the workshops at Alexandra, the first shop I went to quoted $250, and didn't bother to look around for a cheaper quote and ask the merz owner to bring the car there for repair. I got it at 45% cheaper than IDAC assessment, so I don't see how IDAC can help me to save money, more like helping the insurers from losing money, yet justifying high premium.

silversurfer2012
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Demon@Jul 1 2003, 04:09 PM

Last week I was driving my car and bump a merz E200, denting the right side of the bumper. The owner took it to to IDAC at Braddel, and came back with a damage assessment, and quoted repair at 0. Of course he wanted cash compensation of 0, citing IDAC as reference. I took some photo of the damage, planned show them to the workshops at Alexandra, the first shop I went to quoted 0, and didn't bother to look around for a cheaper quote and ask the merz owner to bring the car there for repair. I got it at 45% cheaper than IDAC assessment, so I don't see how IDAC can help me to save money, more like helping the insurers from losing money, yet justifying high premium.
    Hi i work at IDAC. Just wanna clarify with u something, IDAC does NOT quote prices, we just do vehicle assesment and report.

If you vehicle happends to be insured with either AXA, Zurich, Nippon or AIG, you just have to bring it to the authorised workshop. If u insist on bring it to IDAC, you have to pay $30 for the report and $100 for assesment.

Blurin
    is living in exile
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody can verify for me is this address (VAC - 385 Sin Ming Drive ) for one of the IDAC centres same as the Vicom Inspection Centre?

z1boy
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by silversurfer2012@Jul 12 2004, 03:16 PM
    Hi i work at IDAC. Just wanna clarify with u something, IDAC does NOT quote prices, we just do vehicle assesment and report.

If you vehicle happends to be insured with either AXA, Zurich, Nippon or AIG, you just have to bring it to the authorised workshop. If u insist on bring it to IDAC, you have to pay $30 for the report and $100 for assesment.
    Yes, IDAC just assess the damage. they neva give qoute. Thk that Merc driver trying to pull a fast one..

I miss my golden pipes...

silversurfer2012
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Blurin@Jul 14 2004, 02:18 AM
    Anybody can verify for me is this address (VAC - 385 Sin Ming Drive ) for one of the IDAC centres same as the Vicom Inspection Centre?
    yes its the same building as Vicom

~GarY~
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by silversurfer2012@Jul 14 2004, 10:23 AM
    yes its the same building as Vicom
    dun go to VICOM idac their services sucks~!@ go to the STA idac also at sinming.. their services best.. Because i work there.. hahaha
    2007 FEB -YZF R1 2004&WaVe S 125 wiT Audio SyS.---- YZF-R1 Puig Clear Windshield, HEL brake lines, GPR Twin Exhaust with Y-pipe, Bagster Tank Bra, ACumen Gear Indicator, Motivation Sliders-Balancers, Power Boosters, Harris Racing Footrest, Ohlin Damper and Corsa tyres

skai
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if i din go to IDAC within 24hrs of the accident?
    ~ You may be faster than the wind, but never time ~

~GarY~
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by skai@Sep 12 2004, 02:05 PM
    What if i din go to IDAC within 24hrs of the accident?
    nth will happen..
    2007 FEB -YZF R1 2004&WaVe S 125 wiT Audio SyS.---- YZF-R1 Puig Clear Windshield, HEL brake lines, GPR Twin Exhaust with Y-pipe, Bagster Tank Bra, ACumen Gear Indicator, Motivation Sliders-Balancers, Power Boosters, Harris Racing Footrest, Ohlin Damper and Corsa tyres

lightweaver
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey
    me riding ta200. 2 days back jus went to idac to report. My parked bike kena knock down.

Yesterday IDAC surveyor went to bike shop to take photos.

I got a few things out of shape can claim?

Major damages that was changed

Handle bar warped
    Front mudguard cracked

Minor damages tat was not changed
    Pillion eagle pad warped
    front left fork scratched
    Rite handle bar knob badly scratched.
    Rear box scratched

Bike shop say can settle another day. True? Cos not sure if surveyor noticed it.
    Will i be notified of the claim?

Somemore i heard there's this Loss of Use claim cos yesterday i took cab back n fro from work. How to claim?

Thx

2_wheeler
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by lightweaver@Oct 5 2004, 09:12 AM
    Hey
    me riding ta200. 2 days back jus went to idac to report. My parked bike kena knock down.

Yesterday IDAC surveyor went to bike shop to take photos.
    IDAC staff will not go to bike shop.... it was the insurer's surveyor that went to the shop

I got a few things out of shape can claim?

Major damages that was changed

Handle bar warped
    Front mudguard cracked

Minor damages tat was not changed
    Pillion eagle pad warped
    front left fork scratched
    Rite handle bar knob badly scratched.
    Rear box scratched

Bike shop say can settle another day. True? Cos not sure if surveyor noticed it.
    Will i be notified of the claim?
    3rd party itself already not easy to claim..... pls look at the report that the bike shop give to the insurer.... it will show what are the cost.

Somemore i heard there's this Loss of Use claim cos yesterday i took cab back n fro from work. How to claim?
    loss of use for bikes usually upto $20. it will be included in the report that given to the insurer

Thx
    answers are in blue
    Rare Honda Silverwing 600 for Sale!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/477349-Rare-Honda-Silverwing-600

2_wheeler
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idacs do

# Provide a hotline for motorists involved in accidents
    # Provide a towing service, if required
    # Receive vehicles (including trucks, buses and motorcycles) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
    # Provide qualified, independent inspectors to photograph and record accident damage from 8am - 9pm, Monday - Sunday (including public holidays)
    # Provide independent, trustworthy reports on accident damage
    # Help motorists fill out an online claim form

Idacs don't
    # Idacs do not charge motorists for the inspection service (expect AIG, AXA, Nipponkoa & Zurich)
    # They do not charge for towing damaged vehicles
    # Idacs do not repair vehicles or recommend repairers. Where the vehicle goes for repair must be decided between the owner and the insurer - as at present

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/477349-Rare-Honda-Silverwing-600

nivleK1985
    MIA since god knows when
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=X Hi Peepz
    I've got a problem here.

Today I kissed a car's backside.
    My bike is alright, but I did some dent to the car's bumper.
    The Driver ask if I've any workshop or not, I say no then he say he'll go get his work shop and do and call me.
    But after that he say his car bumper DROP! I don't know why or how either -.-
    ( I don't know how come Nissan Sunny has so weak bumper )
    Now he says it's better to claim insurance. He says he's going IDAC to report.
    Will I -points or anything ?

Pls advise asap. Thanks =D

Here's the dent
    April'12~Current - Kymco DownTown 125i
    June'09 ~ April'12. - Kymco Grand Dink 150.
    1st June'04 till now 30th June'09. - Honda TA150
    June'11~April'12. - Toyota Hiace '04
    Good ol' days with my Phantom~

"Baby"

2_wheeler
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by nivleK1985@May 3 2005, 10:00 AM
    =X Hi Peepz
    I've got a problem here.

Today I kissed a car's backside.
    My bike is alright, but I did some dent to the car's bumper.
    The Driver ask if I've any workshop or not, I say no then he say he'll go get his work shop and do and call me.
    But after that he say his car bumper DROP! I don't know why or how either -.-
    ( I don't know how come Nissan Sunny has so weak bumper )
    Now he says it's better to claim insurance. He says he's going IDAC to report.
    Will I -points or anything ?

Pls advise asap. Thanks =D

Here's the dent
    did you take picture of the damage at he scene? hitting someone front mostly at fault. so if you think that the amount is small to you, it is better to settle outside. if you think that you cannot afford to pay, ask him to claim your insurance (No Claim discount will be affected and premium may go up).

if you decided to let him claim your insurance, go report to IDAC with your bike (no need it you ARE with AIG) . Show the picture (if any) to you insurance co. and let them handle the rest.

things to bring to IDAC are:

1. NRIC
    2. Licence
    3. Insurance Cert
    4. Log card
    5. accident bike

NOTE: some insurance may have excess for 3rd party claim.... it is shown in your insurance cert.

nivleK1985
    MIA since god knows when
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not take the picture of him at the scene.
    I not sure on what to take so I just took the dmg I done.

Need to leave my bike at IDAC for some time or they do the checking on the sport ?

"Baby"

2_wheeler
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by nivleK1985@May 5 2005, 10:53 AM
    I did not take the picture of him at the scene.
    I not sure on what to take so I just took the dmg I done.

Need to leave my bike at IDAC for some time or they do the checking on the sport ?
    you only took ONE picture? you should take at least the whole bumper.

you do not need to leave the bike at IDAC if you can ride it. after making the report, they will take picture of your bike and you can leave with IDAC report. stead in your report that you have taken the picture of the car.

nivleK1985
    MIA since god knows when
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by 2_wheeler@May 5 2005, 11:08 AM
    you only took ONE picture? you should take at least the whole bumper.

you do not need to leave the bike at IDAC if you can ride it. after making the report, they will take picture of your bike and you can leave with IDAC report. stead in your report that you have taken the picture of the car.
    1 is including is number plate. ( i no pen at that time to write down his info )
    so i only got 2 pic. 1 on the dent, 1 on the no. plate and got his name card.
    that's all i have =X

"Baby"

Anthen
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by silversurfer2012@Jul 12 2004, 03:31 PM
    do we need to pay $30 for the report and $100 for assesment at the time of reporting?

Sometimes
    We just don't appreciate those people who really care for us
    Until they leave us
    Until we lose them
    Then we regret
    Outer beauty doesn't matter; it's the inner one that counts
    It's better to tell someone how much you love them

2_wheeler
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Anthen@Jun 15 2005, 12:04 PM
    do we need to pay $30 for the report and $100 for assesment at the time of reporting?
    if you are insured with AXA, Zurich, Nippon or AIG, yes, you need to pay the fee. However, if you are not at fault and you are claiming from NTUC Income, you need not have to pay the fee.

redbeacon
    does a double take...
    A metropolis bordered by dense forestation
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then what about Mitsui Sumitomo insured people like me?

Let's say (*choy) I kena accident and my bike buang. Do I bring it to iDAC first? Also, what do I do at the point after the accident (like exchange numbers with the other party, whatsover?)
    Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum
    Devout junkie » Windows • Mac • Apple iOS • BlackBerry OS

"Shut up and ride..."

sashie
    is busy working
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by utopic@Jun 18 2005, 11:29 PM
    Then what about Mitsui Sumitomo insured people like me?

Let's say (*choy) I kena accident and my bike buang. Do I bring it to iDAC first? Also, what do I do at the point after the accident (like exchange numbers with the other party, whatsover?)
    I would like to ask the same question.

I was involved in an accident, and I am covered by Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance. I wanted IDAC to help me assess the damage, but they told me that Mitsui Sumitomo did not need their help. Zzz.

My first accident, so I do not know how to go about doing anything. My lawyer told me to get my bike superficially repaired, as we may not be able to claim against the 2d party, which is a drunk jay-walker, as he may scream bankrupty. It's been almost a week now, but my bike is still in the workshop, not repaired. Planning on heading down later on.

One word.

Ugh.
    Drive : Proton Saga 1.3M SJN plate (11th June 10 - Present)
    Ride : Honda S4 Revo FBC plate (12th July 08 - Present)
    Former Ride : Phantom TA200 FV plate (9th September 05 - 12th July 08)

ET
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for NTUC income must i go idac to report and have my bike assessed?

sashie
    is busy working
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ET@Oct 16 2005, 07:09 AM
    for NTUC income must i go idac to report and have my bike assessed?
    Yup, you gotta ...
    Drive : Proton Saga 1.3M SJN plate (11th June 10 - Present)
    Ride : Honda S4 Revo FBC plate (12th July 08 - Present)
    Former Ride : Phantom TA200 FV plate (9th September 05 - 12th July 08)

m3ngl4ng
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by 2_wheeler@Nov 3 2004, 03:32 PM
    Idacs do

# Provide a hotline for motorists involved in accidents
    # Provide a towing service, if required
    # Receive vehicles (including trucks, buses and motorcycles) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
    # Provide qualified, independent inspectors to photograph and record accident damage from 8am - 9pm, Monday - Sunday (including public holidays)
    # Provide independent, trustworthy reports on accident damage
    # Help motorists fill out an online claim form

Idacs don't
    # Idacs do not charge motorists for the inspection service (expect AIG, AXA, Nipponkoa & Zurich)
    # They do not charge for towing damaged vehicles
    # Idacs do not repair vehicles or recommend repairers. Where the vehicle goes for repair must be decided between the owner and the insurer - as at present
    i just got an accident about 1 week ago... it was obviously the other party's fault since i was at a T juntion turning left to main road (riding) and he was driving from the main road turning left into the industrial park's carpark. as he was going a bit fast and he did a very late turning, thus causing his vehicle to lose control and mount onto a center divider before crashing into my bike and a lorry beside me. my motor bike and the lorry was stationary as we were waiting for the road to clear before turning out. after the accident i went to IDAC to report the accident and had my motor diam to bring it to IDAC for assessment at IDAC (ubi). and after that a surveyor went to the bike shop to take pictures of my motorbike.

i had taken pictures of the accident after the car crash into us. as we didnt sustain any obvious injuries, therefore we didnt get a medical check up for us. and i did file a report with the TP( just to protect my own arse) and i pass the developed picture to my motor diam.

now they are engaging a lawyer for me to make claims from the car driver who crash into us. ( he said that i fall myself and hit his car). i called the lorry driver and he was ready to be my witness if it became a court case (will it?)

My question:

Have i done all the necessary things to do a claim??

What can i do if the witness wanna withdraw being one?

I am now still riding on my bike as it is still good for road. is this allowed?( my motor diam asked me to use my bike after the surveyor had taken pictures of its condition)

please reply this one ^^

Thanks for all replies.

idun69
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys juz wanna noe... im insured bi mitsui sumitomo so do i have 2 go idac for veh assessment?? i accident 1 week ago n my bike is still at my carpark....

You Will Bring Me Everywhere I Wanna Go

Gal_SG^Rider
    is here
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ermm... let me try to reply you, as i'm not too sure if there are any changes.

is anyone claiming anyone? are there any other party involved?

if no to both qns, then its not necessary to make a report.

idun69
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have another qns... if i did not report 2 idac within 24 hrs then wat will happen?? bcos i accident 1 wk ago n i didint noe i had 2 report 2 idac...

You Will Bring Me Everywhere I Wanna Go

xb84
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just went to IDAC today after NTUC income asked me to do so.

the pedestrain i hit is claiming against me.

the accident was back in nov 2005, i didnt know i had to file report at IDAC. spent half a day going to NTUC income to get the printout of the previous insurance policy and to IDAC to file report. sian.
    i love dividends.

redbeacon
    does a double take...
    A metropolis bordered by dense forestation
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by idun69@November 24, 2006 01:34 pm
    i have another qns... if i did not report 2 idac within 24 hrs then wat will happen?? bcos i accident 1 wk ago n i didint noe i had 2 report 2 idac...
    Anything within 24 hours (assuming it isn't your fault when the accident happened) will make it easier for the insurance company to take your IDAC observation results to tackle the arbitration with the other party's insurance company.

You can still do so after the 24 hour period but there's the risk of the other party blaming you bluntly for being reckless (because you didn't bring it to IDAC to have your accident vehicle accessed -- no observation results).

But whatever the timeframe, bear in mind that the sooner you report, the better. Don't wait any longer if you haven't reported the incident to IDAC yet.
    Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum
    Devout junkie » Windows • Mac • Apple iOS • BlackBerry OS

"Shut up and ride..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast