User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Results 851 to 866 of 866

Thread: Product : Brake Pads Discussion

  1. #851
    Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    SBF Phantom Knights Hydher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,551
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default



    I know sbs is noisy and dusty if i recall from reviews.
    Do update please.

    Vesrah green pads from eversuccess.
    Ebc hh from amazon.
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

  2. #852
    hachi
    waiting to down grade
    SBF Lacer hachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    9,752
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SBS as quiet as OEM brake pads.
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

    Current bikes: NIL

    Gear 4th

     

     
  3. #853
    Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    SBF Phantom Knights Hydher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,551
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you.I will consider it for my next change.
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

  4. #854
    woodlandsmen
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    19
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how much is the SBS breakpad for phantom? i recently bought one for 25 ( including installation ) at LAB..

    from what i see its kind of ex.


    pls advise on the price.

  5. #855
    normanlai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    472
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydher View Post
    I know sbs is noisy and dusty if i recall from reviews.
    Do update please.

    Vesrah green pads from eversuccess.
    Ebc hh from amazon.
    hi, i'm looking for an update! EBC HH ate my previous rotor, i'm not keen on it, though it is really good price on amazon, and i don't need to ride 24km to the dealer. a long time ago Bro Hachi suggested Vesrah as a really good alternative, but i'm not sure VD JL(Sintered) or SD (resin)

    i am also considering Goldfren S3 (not S33) for a balance of grip and rotor life, but not sure if its decent. the AD (red) ones are terrible in the rain.

    yep, i woke a very old thread.

  6. #856
    hachi
    waiting to down grade
    SBF Lacer hachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    9,752
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by normanlai View Post
    hi, i'm looking for an update! EBC HH ate my previous rotor, i'm not keen on it, though it is really good price on amazon, and i don't need to ride 24km to the dealer. a long time ago Bro Hachi suggested Vesrah as a really good alternative, but i'm not sure VD JL(Sintered) or SD (resin)

    i am also considering Goldfren S3 (not S33) for a balance of grip and rotor life, but not sure if its decent. the AD (red) ones are terrible in the rain.

    yep, i woke a very old thread.

    Just get the SD ( Semi Metalic compound), used them for more than a decade. Never failed me on track or tour. Maybe I am slow.
    Goldfren AD dont bother, waste money. Used on my S4, changed it within 2 weeks. S3 nv used before, so no comments.
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

    Current bikes: NIL

    Gear 4th

  7. #857
    normanlai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    472
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hachi View Post
    Just get the SD ( Semi Metalic compound), used them for more than a decade. Never failed me on track or tour. Maybe I am slow.
    Goldfren AD dont bother, waste money. Used on my S4, changed it within 2 weeks. S3 nv used before, so no comments.
    thanks bro. anyone who has been to track is definitely more speed hungry than me. i got my first vesrah SD. Trust japan tech. eversuccess $20. ah boy now only carry EBC and the usual hopeless brakes.

    Update: first day with Vesrah and clean calipers, thunderstorm. The brakes felt no different from the mscp, and on the road. Perhaps I ride too slow. Good stuff suitable for my style. Brake is progressive, not the intense initial bite from ebc hh, I like it. Look forward to try d2moto.
    Last edited by normanlai; 18-05-2016 at 06:11 PM.

  8. #858
    hachi
    waiting to down grade
    SBF Lacer hachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    9,752
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by normanlai View Post
    thanks bro. anyone who has been to track is definitely more speed hungry than me. i got my first vesrah SD. Trust japan tech. eversuccess $20. ah boy now only carry EBC and the usual hopeless brakes.
    For the past 10 years, it only increases $2, one of the most underrated brake pads. I am very slow on track, cant even break the 2 mins barrier. LOL.
    Anyway safe ride. Make sure your tires are in good conditions. No point having a good brake pads with wore tires.
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

    Current bikes: NIL

    Gear 4th

  9. #859
    Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    SBF Phantom Knights Hydher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,551
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thru the years, i learned that caliper servicing, fluid quality and rotor condition is equally or more important. Im cheap so i get my rotors from china(50 compared to 300-500)and they all performed better than the grazed oem ones. If you want more sensitivity and modulation u can also change to steel braided (i roll with china 17vs 80 per line ).

    Ebc hh was fantastic but i now roll with kelvar pads from usa(d2moto/volar) for about 1/5 the price they last somewhat about 70k i think. my friends love them too because they are cheap and we cant tell the diff with ebc.

    The vesrah green/fizzpower and goldfren was disappointing.

    Ah boy sbs was fantastic. Thanks hachi for the intro.

    I track, tour and carve the mountains. Im very slow too
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

  10. #860
    normanlai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    472
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydher View Post
    Thru the years, i learned that caliper servicing, fluid quality and rotor condition is equally or more important. Im cheap so i get my rotors from china(50 compared to 300-500)and they all performed better than the grazed oem ones. If you want more sensitivity and modulation u can also change to steel braided (i roll with china 17vs 80 per line ).

    Ebc hh was fantastic but i now roll with kelvar pads from usa(d2moto/volar) for about 1/5 the price they last somewhat about 70k i think. my friends love them too because they are cheap and we cant tell the diff with ebc.

    The vesrah green/fizzpower and goldfren was disappointing.

    Ah boy sbs was fantastic. Thanks hachi for the intro.

    I track, tour and carve the mountains. Im very slow too
    Do you have a link for your rotors bro. Better still do you have link for sprocket. I got to change soon. Chain perhaps DID is fine.

    Thank you for the brake pad suggestion, I will try those when I ship in other things from usa.

  11. #861
    hachi
    waiting to down grade
    SBF Lacer hachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    9,752
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A quick search reveals that the price is unbelievable from USA d2moto/volar. Can give it a try when my current pads run thin.
    Does D2moto ships to SG? The brake pads and sockets look good. I don't mind giving it a try.
    Last edited by hachi; 18-05-2016 at 11:09 AM.
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

    Current bikes: NIL

    Gear 4th

     

     
  12. #862
    Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    SBF Phantom Knights Hydher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,551
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    dont buy their chain sets.
    I ship thru ezbuy ive only tried e kevlar and its good man.

    rotor get from www.taobao.com . type your bike model n year. good luck
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

  13. #863
    Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    SBF Phantom Knights Hydher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,551
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hachi View Post
    A quick search reveals that the price is unbelievable from USA d2moto/volar. Can give it a try when my current pads run thin.
    Does D2moto ships to SG? The brake pads and sockets look good. I don't mind giving it a try.
    My fren volar brake pad detached from the backing plate!
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

  14. #864
    normanlai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    472
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydher View Post
    My fren volar brake pad detached from the backing plate!
    thanks for the update. my vesrah is half eaten i was thinking of bring it in with my next batch of US hoots. The Vesrah vibrates in the caliper i was lookin forward to try a different brand. any suggestions?

  15. #865
    sumiphuc
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    0
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  16. #866
    pufferfis
    Its CLOBBERING TIME!
    TeePee pufferfis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    StUcK iN bOrInG SiNgApOrE...hAiYaHHHHHH
    Posts
    1,504
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just wanna ask the folks here...the following type of flower brake disc can clear inspection or not?

    http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/For-Suzuk...sAAOSwZQxW6aHG

    http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Rear-Brak...EAAOSwFNZWx11O
    I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •