Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

the four pipes for the exhaust on my version s started to rust liao, anyone how to get rid of them ? or is there any black paint (high temperature) that can be used on them and where to get it ? thanks !

smokin
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u can use the high temperature black paint from most hardware shops. they come in spray cans about $5 each. however they won't last, you have to be hardworking enuff to spray the pipes every few months to maintain blackness.

lychee
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    where pigs fly and tps wear shorts and slippers
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or at some gas station there is a product call the rust master that oxidises the rust to form a blk coating. should be sold in all reliable hardware store as well.
    Killing for peace is like farking for chastity

tianz
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm so what do we do actually?

Spray rust master first? follow by high temp back paint?

eraone
    eraone
    has no status.
    Edit

Wat's the effect of having rusty exhaust?

BoonHean
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys. i'll try to see if i can find the rust master thing, and try it out to see the effects.

effects of rust ? the rust seems to spread, i was worried that it might corrode the whole exhaust pipe ! think better to do prevention now then to regret later......

smokin
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course the rust will spread but it won't be that
    fast to corrode everything off. i use to apply used engine oil around on the exhaust header area frequently(once every few months) just applied a thin layer with a piece of rag will do. it will look black as well but cannot really stand the smell when it get real hot. hahaha, that you will have to bear with it. WD 40 will also do the job.
    the anti rust is worth trying and used it together with the hi temp paint.

cbkooky
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

the four pipes for the exhaust on my version s started to rust liao, anyone how to get rid of them ? or is there any black paint (high temperature) that can be used on them and where to get it ? thanks !
    hello bro.
    Iv respray my header b4. U can get the heat temp spray for abt $8 plus, RJ. Jus clean with a damp cloth arnd the header to clean off any dirt , grease mark...THen u cover the parts that is not to be spray.Then u spray the header not to close.Make sure spray even.After the coat has dry u can jus respray another coating to cover the gaps...shouldnt take long to dry in open space.Cheers!!

Noah
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can ask the bike shop do for you, if you dun want the mess and dun have the time.
    You cannot just spary over the rust. You need to sand away the rusted portion, then clean it, then spray the high temp paint. My mechanic always take out the whole pipe, sand, smoothen and spary the whole header. But of course think mine easy to take out, 2B nia, yours, 2A bike, think is much more lei cheh ....
    If the rust not treated, may eventually cause a hole in your pipe. Mine costs around $300 (header only nia). So it's better to do regular maintenance ....

mospeada
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIme for Abit of DIY session try this buy a.fine sandpaper(FIne types)
    b.water c.High temperature spray cans(cost about 5 bucks) d.on a sunny day would be the best

a.distmantle exhaust pipe besure that you will be really to catch it(if the screws are deadlock try spraying some WD40 or use power drive screwdriver) because it would be heavy or better get a professional to do it for you

b.take the sandpaper dip it water and buff it till the surface is fine keep doing for 10min or so lar should be able to smell a strench phew!

c.take those spray cans (i used about 6cans on my frens kR150, stomachpipe) spray it BACK(letgo) and FORTH(LETgO) leave it to dry then another layer repeat the process

d. PreStO!! ya have did urself a DIY anti rust exhaust

hope my info would be useful to you TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK cheers!
    If you quit cause you are losing,how do you think you\'ll ever get better!?!??!

skygege
    skygege
    has no status.
    Edit

yo does anyone know how much motodiams charge to derust and then spray hitemp and so on? cos really quite lehchey to diy

BoonHean
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just work on my s4 exhaust last weekend... basically they're already black when i got my 2nd hand s4, but recently the paint at the 4 pipes coming out from the engine starts to dropoff when i wash them and can see some rust... this is what i do ..

i bought something call "one-step" from a hardware shop, it suppose to convert the rust to those black stuff and stop new rust from forming.. its some smelly chemical, just use brush to appy.. it cost abt $9

then i bought a can of high-temp black paint, cost abt $8. spray it on the pipes, w/o removing them. just have to be careful not to spray onto other parts, wipe off immediately if kena, i also use a small cardboard to block etc...

now the pipe looks quite nice, black black. but i dunno how long it will last

skygege
    skygege
    has no status.
    Edit

actually u can just try normal enamel paints from hardware shops, damn easy to apply, no need to dismantle as well, just need a small brush and skilful fingers. true, u may think that the paint will come off easily cos its not hi-temp resistant, but not true as well, cos after some heating of the pipes u find that the paint actually DO stick on to the 4 hot pipes( at least mine do) futhermore, u get the benefit of having the pang pang smell when it heats up (due to the paint), something like the car freshener that they use, except that this wan is for the rider only..but er...too much whiffing of the paint may kill la

MotoRex
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try going to Ma Motor Spare parts....at dunlop street that side..... ask him for the exhaust manifold spray...... its cost abt $10..... get some sand paper to sand off the rust....and then repsray it...

rgds
    U can Play Wif My Money,
    U can Play Wif My Wife,
    BUT when U Play Wif My Bike........
    U are Playing Wif Ur Life....

reaper_y
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried DIY on my header on my last bike, SP. Took out the whole header, sand to remove rust, clean then spray on black enamel paint. After about 3 months, the paint wear off. Rust starts to show up again.

Got any other methods? Is there any shop that will do chrome plating or other similar plating on the headers? Feel like doing it to the headers on my current bike, CBR.
    Ride fast but safe... Skills matters most... the slow ONE... I WAS TOO SLOW at 1min 50.9sec

Past rides: Quite a few and different types

R3sistor
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

Happened to my brother's S4 also. remember to sand away the rust before u spray. that's what he did.
    Nike - Just do it!

STORM
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

planning to spray my s4 header this sat provided got sun........this is the third time i m doing tat!!! haizzzzz.........wasting time oni man!
    Fcuk U! Kawasaki is back!

enHANZed
    enHANZed
    has no status.
    Edit

how about a rusty chrome pipe on a SP ? how ah ?

STORM
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just work on my s4 exhaust last weekend... basically they're already black when i got my 2nd hand s4, but recently the paint at the 4 pipes coming out from the engine starts to dropoff when i wash them and can see some rust... this is what i do ..

i bought something call "one-step" from a hardware shop, it suppose to convert the rust to those black stuff and stop new rust from forming.. its some smelly chemical, just use brush to appy.. it cost abt $9

then i bought a can of high-temp black paint, cost abt $8. spray it on the pipes, w/o removing them. just have to be careful not to spray onto other parts, wipe off immediately if kena, i also use a small cardboard to block etc...

now the pipe looks quite nice, black black. but i dunno how long it will last
    i put two coat of rust master(in between 4hrs to dry) then spray on the hi temp spary(3 coats).
    during riding got a stench then when to check , notice the rust master tend to melt causing the paint to drip........haizzzzz
    yesterday rain whole day , spotted a few pecks of rust liao!(so fast!!!)
    wasted one whole day

Sex4
    Sex4
    has no status.
    Edit

Anyone out there bought stainless steel or chrom exhaust pipe?
    Any ideas how much?

Sphinx
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Offer u some tips of mine..... Dunno if will work for u guys.... Sand off the rust..... get air compressor to blow the area..... apply high temperature primer..... primer apply 2 coat on a hot sunny day..... each coat apply between 2 to 3 hours..... spray high temp black paint...... must wait for 24 hours before spraying black paint...... 8 months liao..... still look as good as new..... only occasionally spray black just to have that fierce look....

STORM
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Offer u some tips of mine..... Dunno if will work for u guys.... Sand off the rust..... get air compressor to blow the area..... apply high temperature primer..... primer apply 2 coat on a hot sunny day..... each coat apply between 2 to 3 hours..... spray high temp black paint...... must wait for 24 hours before spraying black paint...... 8 months liao..... still look as good as new..... only occasionally spray black just to have that fierce look....
    what does this hi temp primer do?
    u mean u don't see any rust on ur header for abt 8 mths already?
    thanks for sharing!

Xach
    loves 2wheels
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any specific brand for the primer? and vinmart got or not?

StreetFighter63
    StreetFighter63
    has no status.
    Edit

Rusty already then LL ... must rechrome. I suppose u had a fall therefore leaving some scracthes and the scratches rust rite? Like that cannot help. Unless u want to spray all black or high temp silver or else u need to send the thing for rechrome. Another option is for u to send the end can for plating.

Sphinx
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cant seem to find the high temp primer cos the shop close down already..... basically u can use anti rusting paint suitable for high temperature..... it works as well..... the paint u should be able to get it at major hardware store.... yes.... my header not rusted till now....

enHANZed
    enHANZed
    has no status.
    Edit

Rusty already then LL ... must rechrome. I suppose u had a fall therefore leaving some scracthes and the scratches rust rite? Like that cannot help. Unless u want to spray all black or high temp silver or else u need to send the thing for rechrome. Another option is for u to send the end can for plating.

so clever ...... ....can spray red anot ?

Sphinx
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so clever ...... ....can spray red anot ?
    red???

StreetFighter63
    StreetFighter63
    has no status.
    Edit

U want to spray red .. CAN .. no one stopping u .. but make sure find the high temp ones. I saw a high temp red color spray at AutoBAcs. That's the only place I saw having red high temp spray.

STORM
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any body knows how much n where to get a second hand s4 vtec exhaust minus the end can. or exchange wif the bike shop n top up some $$
    cos my header i see liao i sianzzz (all rust)

STORM
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone knows where to find high temp PRIMER not the high temp spray , been to quite a number of hardward shops they dun have it.
    thanks

STORM
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmm.....nobody knows??

skydude
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hav tried sending to the bike shop for them to spray bt the blk paint did not last to 2 months... think the bike shop did not do a good job...

guyver
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?? what's high temperature primer?? so u riding a Super 4 as well??

aiya4
    aiya4
    has no status.
    Edit

Eek taught me to apply a thin layer of used engine oil over the headers to make it have a blacker look.

Andy
    is gonna be at SBF Anniversary 2013 @ Scape!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eek taught me to apply a thin layer of used engine oil over the headers to make it have a blacker look.
    when it heats up, aint the smoke choking?
    Your best friend in forum :: Search ::

guyver
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just bought a can of high temperature spray paint from one of those DIY shop about $8..... according to what's shown... it can tahan temperature up to 1200 deg F.... so it's about 400 deg C to 500 deg C.

So will be doing up my Super 4 exhuast soon... and will see how long can it last.... will keep u guys posted...

aiya4
    aiya4
    has no status.
    Edit

when it heats up, aint the smoke choking?
    It will, so its best to give the bike a good warming up after applying. That will make the engine oil dry onto the headers first. After that then ride as per normal, after a day, there will be no more smell.

tOngEh
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible to organise a DIY sessons for those who want to coat their headers black.

Im in sat or sun?
    There are too many coincidences in life,
    Sometimes even a pair of parallel lines meet.

aiya4
    aiya4
    has no status.
    Edit

Is it possible to organise a DIY sessons for those who want to coat their headers black.

Im in sat or sun?
    Idea, tongeh you have the high temp spray? Else we need to purchase. Share share la.

1) newspapers
    2) adhesive tapes
    3) black high temp spray, and what else we need

Location, tongeh house... (lets discuss)

Andy
    is gonna be at SBF Anniversary 2013 @ Scape!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im in sat or sun?
    Idea, tongeh you have the high temp spray? Else we need to purchase. Share share la.

1) newspapers
    2) adhesive tapes

and also a camera, snap snap DIY guide.
    Your best friend in forum :: Search ::

STORM
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im in sat or sun?

1) newspapers
    2) adhesive tapes

guys , try the spajaard high temp manifold n exhast paint(its a spray) from mah motor.
    i feel tat better then the rj brand high temp spray.
    someone in the s4 forum intro to me n i tried it , he told me 5 mths still black.
    the rj one i try but after two weeks symptons of fading shown but this spajaard brand after two weeks still looks very good(although 2 weeks but got feeling going to last )

no harm trying!

aiya4
    aiya4
    has no status.
    Edit

Wow, thanx for the recommendation. I wonder would the end result be better if I spray 2 different brands of high temp spray.

STORM
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, thanx for the recommendation. I wonder would the end result be better if I spray 2 different brands of high temp spray.
    heehee i dunno leh!
    but i m veri please to see my headers going black after two weeks still no sign of fading
    one more problem off my bike!

aiya4
    aiya4
    has no status.
    Edit

Very good, use your recommendation then, anything wrong at least can blame someone. heeheehee... just kidding..

tOngEh
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im in sat or sun?

1) newspapers
    2) adhesive tapes

guys , try the spajaard high temp manifold n exhast paint(its a spray) from mah motor.
    i feel tat better then the rj brand high temp spray.
    someone in the s4 forum intro to me n i tried it , he told me 5 mths still black.
    the rj one i try but after two weeks symptons of fading shown but this spajaard brand after two weeks still looks very good(although 2 weeks but got feeling going to last )

no harm trying!
    Its ok having it at my place.
    But i do not have the spary so we can share $$ and purchase required items.
    Im definitly going to DIY on this sunday!!!

tOngEh
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So hows the update
    if we r going to do it tomorrrow then by today we gotta buy those essential items.
    whos in?

aiya4
    aiya4
    has no status.
    Edit

No other people responded. Looks like only me and you. How about we can purchase the spray at mah motorparts, then we'll do the DIY over there? Or even at the multistorey carpark near Ahboy. Save the trouble of running around. I'll bring some used newspaper and scotchtape over.

Let's set it on sunday.

tOngEh
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I start the list.Tomorrow 2pm at serangoon central BLK203, water tools will be supply. But the vital tool that we need to remove the exhuast will not be provided!!!!

1) tOngEh
    2) Aiya4
    3)

Any more comers
    call me at 94385666 asap!!!
    I will be buying those sprays according to head counts, soory to say that late comers may not be able to share the supply!!

Im calling aiya4 now to meetup!

guyver
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aiya... too late again... anyway... i was sick... so can't join u guys anyway... so how was the session?? messy? like the result?? pls post the outcome.... = )

aiya4
    aiya4
    has no status.
    Edit

Heh guyver you hadn't sprayed yours?

Actually I did not take out the manifold for spraying, only tongeh took his out as his quite bad condition. Generally I suppose we are both satisfied with the end result. Nice black new look.

As for how long it could last, this we'll have to see.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast