DM
    is pretending to be a
    SBF Moderator
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh* why do people still make purchases with these shops after reading the motor tiam rating thread? not to forget the posts on other threads about unhappy after sales service. PEOPLE! STOP BEING CARROTS!
    SingaporeBikes Forum Rules & Regulations
    Please use the search function if you have a question.

Mark Ng
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Pierrot@Mar 10 2005, 08:41 PM
    *sigh* why do people still make purchases with these shops after reading the motor tiam rating thread? not to forget the posts on other threads about unhappy after sales service. PEOPLE! STOP BEING CARROTS!
    My previous bike from there too, but its before i came to know about this forum, totally agree, wanna get chop also go other place, kena chop abit but still happi, but for this,

varadidie
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True.. i just came to know this forum a week ago. I was telling a close friend of mine.. how regretful i am.. If only i had read up this thread before.. i definitely am not stupid enuff to go and sign that HP document with them.

Like i said. This is gonna be the first, and the last time i ever deal with them.

The disappointing thing is, SYM Service Centre, which i called up b4 purchase recommended Ah-Tiong from Southern Strongly saying that he is someone nice to talk to, and someone who can explain things better to me.. Upon recommendation from them only, did i went to approach southern. Their sales is great, just that they shud improve more on their customer service and their company's representative.. The staff there all are just plain lazy idiots and that sucks.. They dun bother rendering any assistance or giving better explanations, and there are soo many hidden charges imposed, which is soo unfair.

quizesilver
    quizesilver
    has no status.
    Edit

guy let me share my exp abt southern
    well they are quite gd to me at least
    buy my spec 3 from them

with 4% interest
    add up to 14k+
    include all erp insurance rd tax or watever lar to get the bike on the rd

got my spec 3 then notice some scratch. tell them abt it they say nvm one. u ride 1st i will get a new set for u
    my rear and front mud guard got the scratch live on the trust so i go off
    take abt 2-3wk before change. awaiting for shipment. agreeable anyway change liao

then fix up volt meter then not the one i wan so i ask them to change lucky is also the meter got something wrong ... then tell ah tiong nt rite lei ... i wan this voltmeter but i am nt gett it and i show my frd volt meter to ah huat and ah huat also blur how come agent say only tis type and now totally different... let ah tiong know and he say nvm i will get for u ... did that for me also.

i feel they are overall gd and i do hope maybe try asking before commit anything

quizesilver
    quizesilver
    has no status.
    Edit

btw all bike shop would not include the iu in the price cos it is cost by the lta not the bike shop earn.
    so u go where all the same
    150 + 3 (bracket) + 5% gst.

varadidie
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by quizesilver@Mar 12 2005, 01:43 PM
    btw all bike shop would not include the iu in the price cos it is cost by the lta not the bike shop earn.
    so u go where all the same
    150 + 3 (bracket) + 5% gst.
    But at least they can / must explain to me during purchase. Instead of telling me Everything is inclusive.. transfer.. bla bla bla. I was under the impression that everything is everything lah. Cos when i bought my bike @ Mah.. they put on everything for me.. even my p plate was sticked on the bike during collection.

Nevertheless, thank god things went smoothly today. Went Southern this morning, and managed to settle the lost key issue. I spoke to them regarding the free box, and they said will call me again once the bracket is ready. (funny rite) i told them, wah.. bracket took soo long to arrive? two months already leh.. and guess what? they make a call, and told me to come on tuesday. Maybe its just a call away.. but they just dun bother to do it. Lucky i asked them, otherwise? When will i ever get the box anyway? Next year? or once i full-settled my instalment?

RVF32
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by varadidie@Mar 13 2005, 12:56 AM
    But at least they can / must explain to me during purchase. Instead of telling me Everything is inclusive.. transfer.. bla bla bla. I was under the impression that everything is everything lah. Cos when i bought my bike @ Mah.. they put on everything for me.. even my p plate was sticked on the bike during collection.

Nevertheless, thank god things went smoothly today. Went Southern this morning, and managed to settle the lost key issue. I spoke to them regarding the free box, and they said will call me again once the bracket is ready. (funny rite) i told them, wah.. bracket took soo long to arrive? two months already leh.. and guess what? they make a call, and told me to come on tuesday. Maybe its just a call away.. but they just dun bother to do it. Lucky i asked them, otherwise? When will i ever get the box anyway? Next year? or once i full-settled my instalment?
    use ur mei ren ji lah.....

blackheart
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Status update. Fixed the nut lose problem ald. At Planet, ah beng tried to remove the nuts inside the housing but it's sort of stuck (think it's too old?) and i told him to try lah, he very good tried best effort to help me, got a blow torch and burn it and dig n try remove it till he sweat so hard but to no avail. In the end they say bo bian have to change and help me order on the sopt and got one of their guys to go get it. For all this they charged me $80 for it. So luckily to get a new one at this price as Ah choon told me his done earn from this.

Althought they r unable to fix it for me, the new parts is so much cheaper than wat Southern quoted me....

If dunno what i'm talking abt, refer to my earlier post.
    28th Jan 05 - 16th April 06 Honda NSR SP150 (Pro-arm)
    1st Apr 06 - Nov 06 Honda CB400SFYJ HyperVTEC, 17th Oct 06 - ???? Honda TA200 Phantom, Nov 06 - Apr 07 Honda Wave-R, Apr 07 - ???? Subaru Impreza AWD

<u>Official Road Trips</u>
    7th-8th May 05 - Malacca (460km round)
    2nd April 06 - Mersing (240km round)
    6th-10th July 06 - P.Pinang ; Hatyai, Thailand (1900km round)

siaopig
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Southern Motor is the last shop i would go to.. Hidden cost everywhere.. + GST. + document fees, + transfer fees + extra &#036;300 if you trade in ur bike to other shops without finishing all the instalments.. hiaz.. one more thing, they say all ok, change this change that but to me, all talking but no work done to the bike..

LastDance
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quote from SM

k5 22800 OTR 31yrs old interest @ 4.5% yrly

that&#39;s another 2% if i loan for 4yrs...
    1998 RS Aprilia & KTM200
    2000 License gone
    2002 Honda SP
    2004 Honda CB400
    2005 Honda CBR1000RR5 FZ9xxxZ
    2007 Honda Fit 1.5 Vtec SGU2xxxR
    2008 Mitsubishi Colt Version R SJF9xxxG

jae_guan
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys, u know why u pay so much for the interest in southern. Go take your receipt and see. they times the interest 1st b4 minus the down payment u paid. so add up of cos lots more. how can they do that.

I find out these when one day i took out my receipt to calculate, find out paying few hundreds more for a phantom.

Thats y i dun buy bikes from them anymore. but the problem is, they got lots of big bikes like R1 which i wanna get. But still NO to them.

vsgbike
    vsgbike
    has no status.
    Edit

Originally posted by jae_guan@Mar 19 2005, 04:21 PM
    guys, u know why u pay so much for the interest in southern. Go take your receipt and see. they times the interest 1st b4 minus the down payment u paid. so add up of cos lots more. how can they do that.

I find out these when one day i took out my receipt to calculate, find out paying few hundreds more for a phantom.

Thats y i dun buy bikes from them anymore. but the problem is, they got lots of big bikes like R1 which i wanna get. But still NO to them.
    Wa like that how can&#33; Tot there&#39;s some sort of Hire-Purchase Act to follow ???

arsenal83
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juz brought my CBR 400 at southern the price was ok. But i could not test the bike as they cliam the batt is spoil cannot start. They said tat they will give mi 1month if any problem i juz push back they will change for free. I feel insucure now becos i am afriad that the bike might have problem. So any advice from ppl here? They took my IC for the transfer of bike. I did not pay them any &#036;&#036; and also my trade-in bike log card i did not pass to him yet. But i sign all those doc already. If i wan to withdraw from the deal can i do so?

yoshi
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by arsenal83@Apr 24 2005, 11:33 AM
    Juz brought my CBR 400 at southern the price was ok. But i could not test the bike as they cliam the batt is spoil cannot start. They said tat they will give mi 1month if any problem i juz push back they will change for free. I feel insucure now becos i am afriad that the bike might have problem. So any advice from ppl here? They took my IC for the transfer of bike. I did not pay them any &#036;&#036; and also my trade-in bike log card i did not pass to him yet. But i sign all those doc already. If i wan to withdraw from the deal can i do so?
    u have sign already and pass them ur ic there no way u can back up .
    those or tiam bikeshop just sweet tok u into paying deposit then will come out hideing price.then say give 1 mths warrenty ,got thing spoilt wheer will change free of charge hahaha,they will say u bring to other shop servicing make spoilt all kind of craps.

even if u are caution u also will kana carrot by them ,once pay deposit they can say still got the paper work fee ask u to pay

arsenal83
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But they did not have my trade in bike log card leh... they can transfer meh?

BuZZBeaM
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by jae_guan@Mar 19 2005, 04:21 PM

there r alot of shops with big bikes beside tis
    go look ard.. dun jus stay at 1 place

*~it&#39;s not WHAT u ride, it&#39;s HOW u ride~*

[R]eplica
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by arsenal83@Apr 24 2005, 11:33 AM
    dun worry lar... if they say give u one month warranty then shld not have any problem... i personally bought few bikes from them, they did give me their words... btw, u buy ur bike from who?... new southern or southern?...
    speed is nothing without control!...
    with greater power comes greater responsibilities!...

MC28
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If u noe them well,this kind of problems wont surface..i got my current ride from them,they write down the prices in black and white before i sign the documents so no extra cost or things like they calculate the interest first before they minus ur downpay..

DM
    is pretending to be a
    SBF Moderator
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah basically if anyone wants to make a safe deal, list everything out in black and white. if the boss tells u verbally, tell him his word is not good enough (don&#39;t be afraid to offend them, YOU are the paying customer. YOU can always take your purchase elsewhere) and get him to put it in writing plus company stamp and his signature. calculate everything out properly before you do so and make sure the final costs are inspected by you and countersigned by the boss.

if anyone wants to save all this trouble and misunderstanding, hong leong and boon siew are always open. there are other official dealers as well so don&#39;t be suckered in for &#39;cheap&#39; prices that accumulate in the long run.
    SingaporeBikes Forum Rules & Regulations
    Please use the search function if you have a question.

LastDance
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anybody got bike under finance from southern and they allow to coi + tranfer ownership?
    1998 RS Aprilia & KTM200
    2000 License gone
    2002 Honda SP
    2004 Honda CB400
    2005 Honda CBR1000RR5 FZ9xxxZ
    2007 Honda Fit 1.5 Vtec SGU2xxxR
    2008 Mitsubishi Colt Version R SJF9xxxG

hahamen
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone recommend southern for major bike repair?? like complete overhaul??

or izzit better to go to JB as i got a fren living there and cud recommend me his mechanic..

im in 2 minds as in to go for singapore parts or JB cheap prices..

riding SP btw..
    a good friend once said to me, "You will only be truly happy if you give your best in everything you do..."

and i thought to myself...

how true...

eq87
    S4
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woh , i was Just Thinking Of GettinG bike from them and I asked them to quote the price. (when i was there to survey )
    The guy was pretty friendly he just play the calculator but nv write out in black and white which i could really refer to .
    But after survey there found they gt a better price. so was wondering
    Ride saFe - PlaY haRd

eq87
    S4
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw any recommendation of shop to get 2nd hand s4 non vtec? In terms of down payment (&#036;500) low in interest and no hidden stuff.? Thks alot
    need advise ..
    Ride saFe - PlaY haRd

devillish
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heyy peeps&#33; i recently bought my bike from them...i jus got one piece of advice for u guys...if u r getting a small bike lyk me...pay in full..lyk tt no way to kenna chop by e high interest...one more thing.. if u cant test ride e bike..check out EVERYTHING else then...check e fork oil seals, e chain worn out or too tight or too loose, any oil leaking aft u sway the bike from side to side, if can start e bike hear e sound..is e pipe cut, does e engine sound different from any of ur fren&#39;s bike of e same model, r e lights on e speedo n rpm meter working, brake lights signals n headlight working n not illegal, any loose fittings tt rattle about..when engine started jus clutch in n kick down to 1st gear then go back to neutral a few times...is it smooth or muz u drink red bull first then can shift..hahaha.. if any of these dun meet ur satisfaction then tell e guy tt u wan ALL these changed b4 u collect e bike or no deal... tts wad i did on my bike n i paid in full..for e 1st month to honour e requirement of e warranty jus go to them for servicing n other stuff...then aft tt if u feel tt they&#39;re hopeless feel free to go to other shops n it wont affect u cos u paid full..noone can say anything cos e whole damn bike belongs to u mah&#33;&#33;

jus my 2 cents worth to my fellow rider friends&#33; pls feel free to comment...
    Nov '06 - Mar '08 -------> '01 NSR150SP [Red/Black Honda Wings]

Mar '08 - Feb '10 -------> '07 CB400SF 'SuperFour' Spec III [Gun Metal Grey]

Nov '10 - current --------> '08 CBR1000RR 'Fireblade' [Candy Red/Black]

eq87
    S4
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woh. Thks dude
    Ride saFe - PlaY haRd

liangcha
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After signing the document, u still can back off from the contract. If Im correct, we are protected by consumer&#39;s right act where by there is a cool down period which u can consider to back off from the deal.

Pls read the contract carefully&#33;&#33; The cool down period is stated clearly.

They cant do anything to u & u can seek yr deposit back

cArRotZ
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by LastDance@Apr 25 2005, 10:54 PM
    anybody got bike under finance from southern and they allow to coi + tranfer ownership?
    no they dun. I bought my spec 1 from them. wanna sell. go back 2 weeks back.

they asked to clear off any outstanding if there is accordingly to e market price of ya bike. and also i was asked to sign a "pact" with them that i can only sell my bike back to southern or any other private buyer. if to any bike shop, have to fine &#036;300 on top of all outstanding debts.

therefore to ans ya qn, u have to clear off all outstanding (Installments left minus e price they are taking in for ya bike) den can transfer to another buyer. no COI + transfer.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    |...BEER TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
    |_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -
    "(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@

D_midtriy
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dun EVER buy from this shop. i bought a bike here. kena chop like minced meat. better take care guys. for all newbies, go ard surrvey first dun just believe all the sweet talk and dive str to sign.

jeremyteo
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just went down to southern motors but dont know whether new or old one....got a quote of 9.8k for a R1 01 model...everything included...den if drag 3 yrs loan...monthly 270+...feel like its on the high side...did not ask for breakdown...should have ask for a break down...but in the end i just went off...cause i feel that the bike looks very lousy...

ramen71
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

01 r1 at 9.8k looks kinda ex,last 2 years bought 02 model at 14.5k,now shld be cheaper,
    do more survey..

davidww81
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cArRotZ@Dec 4 2006, 03:44 PM
    no they dun. I bought my spec 1 from them. wanna sell. go back 2 weeks back.

they asked to clear off any outstanding if there is accordingly to e market price of ya bike. and also i was asked to sign a "pact" with them that i can only sell my bike back to southern or any other private buyer. if to any bike shop, have to fine &#036;300 on top of all outstanding debts.

therefore to ans ya qn, u have to clear off all outstanding (Installments left minus e price they are taking in for ya bike) den can transfer to another buyer. no COI + transfer.
    not only to other bike shop have to pay &#036;300. even u sell back to them and do a full settlement wif them,u have to pay the &#036;300.

2001 Kawasaki ZX150 FS9884K
    2002 Aprilia RS125 FN8800K
    2002-03 NSR150 FS7287Y
    2003-04 Kawasaki ZX150 FT4246E
    2004 ZXR400L8 FS8706Z
    2005 Piaggio 125 FL6767Y
    2005-06 CBR400RRR FQ3681D
    2006-2007 Suzuki GSXR400MSP FK1005B
    2006-2008 Wave-S FW4357C

feng10516
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don&#39;t like that place.. services is bad.. kinda regret buying my bike from there..

Cybernation
    DOMANT
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by feng10516@January 06, 2007 12:26 am
    don&#39;t like that place.. services is bad.. kinda regret buying my bike from there..
    Wat is your experience with them?

It is when power is wedded to chronic fear that it becomes formidable.

xsebastx
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lolz.. wad a shop.. bought a fw kr over there.. service wise damn fu*k up.. quote mi 2900 plus paint work machine price.. then a lot of hidden fee nv say.. end up payin 156.9x 24 months.. wait for 2 weeks to get bike wihich was promise 3 days... best part. on the day i get the bike. rode off no long piston jam. called back shop close... i told him nx day, ppl already let u chop why still like tat.. dont mind payin high price but at least every thing suai suai wad ? the sale man was THOMAS.. remeber guys.. dun go to him or New southern..

D_midtriy
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; he&#39;s the %@#&#33;%&&#036;#@*&^&#33;&#036;@#O#@%&*#^@%#&#036;@^#*@&#%&#036;^@*@&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

xsebastx
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by D_midtriy@January 10, 2007 11:26 pm
    Yup&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; he&#39;s the %@#&#33;%&&#036;#@*&^&#33;&#036;@#O#@%&*#^@%#&#036;@^#*@&#%&#036;^@*@&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    u bought ur bike from him also ar ?

xsebastx
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by LastDance@April 25, 2005 10:54 pm
    dont think so bah.. thought they practice a contract where by u cant transfer owner or sell to other&#39;s when still in installments ?

xsebastx
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by davidww81@January 01, 2007 03:20 am
    not only to other bike shop have to pay &#036;300. even u sell back to them and do a full settlement wif them,u have to pay the &#036;300.
    tat means if ur installment drag 2 year, even when u pay full with 1 year u still have to be fine if u wanna sell ur bike ?

davidww81
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by xsebastx@January 12, 2007 02:07 am
    tat means if ur installment drag 2 year, even when u pay full with 1 year u still have to be fine if u wanna sell ur bike ?
    bingo &#33;&#33; u r rite

2001 Kawasaki ZX150 FS9884K
    2002 Aprilia RS125 FN8800K
    2002-03 NSR150 FS7287Y
    2003-04 Kawasaki ZX150 FT4246E
    2004 ZXR400L8 FS8706Z
    2005 Piaggio 125 FL6767Y
    2005-06 CBR400RRR FQ3681D
    2006-2007 Suzuki GSXR400MSP FK1005B
    2006-2008 Wave-S FW4357C

D_midtriy
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes bro sebast...i bot from him ya

fatherrider
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys..
    so far so good on new southern motor..purchase a FJR earlier from ah keong(SAM) together with my cousin(FJR oso)..maybe because my cousin used to know him long time ago,tat&#39;s why we got a good deal..anyway,SAM is a problem solver,and find him on enquiry..

desmondekker
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi peeps, after reading all the nasty comments, i feel a little fortunate that i didn&#39;t experience anything like that at new southern. i went to quite a few shops before making my purchase. service wise i feel new southern is one of the better ones. ah koon attended to me btw. he dun push a particular model to u (coz maybe higher commission). he sort of tell u pros and cons etc.

it might be a little pricey, maybe by 100 bucks. but for the assurance, service and invaluable advise it&#39;s quite worth it lah. he did the break down for me quite clearly for me, so i assume there&#39;s no so called hidden cost. interest is not compounded too, but i realise that&#39;s the practise for alot of bike shops.

workshop wise no comments, never go before. i&#39;m a planet supporter.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new ~ Albert Einstein

xsebastx
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well.. for the new southern.. i think u need to knoe the sales man long in order for a better service lor.. will never forget the day i went there to buy my kips

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought my bike there 3 years ago when i just pass my license...went to buy there with my fren....kena con like hell sia...Bought the bike full cash...never receive anything free....First stated price was 1.8k...suddenly when abt to pay,change to 2.4k....lucky that day got money liao...if not he say bike cannot take...thats not all...

First 3 weeks of riding my bike...3x my bike kena tow&#33;like one weeks ones....first they say got many leak in my bike...2nd times they say must overhaul...And all of this i have to pay charges...cause they say my bike no warranty...i buy cash but no warranty...

3rd time kena tow...i damn sian already...i want to sell back my bike to the shop already...he say my bike cannot make it already...but he will only buy back for &#036;400...well its not even 1 month i bought the bike fully cash 4 2.4k...and now they take back only 400...Damn sian and donno wat to do...so called my father...

If anyone was there 3 year ago on a particular day...my father make a hell mess out of there...he **** the mechanic the salesman all and say to call his lawyer and complain to case....

what happen....Suddenly the salesman say....dont worry2...rxz very easy to fix....all probs can fix ones...heask the mechanic to fix my bike FOC and since that day...my bike never give me any major probs...as in enjine wise....and never been towed again...that is really nightmare 4 me with Southern motor...i dont want to go there again...donno i lose my money how much already overthere...Lucky my dad come to my rescue....

VSTROM SINGAPORE - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125329690831574&v=photos#!/group.php?gid=125329690831574&ref=ts

compfused
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by khaitronic@February 04, 2007 10:31 am
    Bought my bike there 3 years ago when i just pass my license...went to buy there with my fren....kena con like hell sia...Bought the bike full cash...never receive anything free....First stated price was 1.8k...suddenly when abt to pay,change to 2.4k....lucky that day got money liao...if not he say bike cannot take...thats not all...

First 3 weeks of riding my bike...3x my bike kena tow&#33;like one weeks ones....first they say got many leak in my bike...2nd times they say must overhaul...And all of this i have to pay charges...cause they say my bike no warranty...i buy cash but no warranty...

3rd time kena tow...i damn sian already...i want to sell back my bike to the shop already...he say my bike cannot make it already...but he will only buy back for &#036;400...well its not even 1 month i bought the bike fully cash 4 2.4k...and now they take back only 400...Damn sian and donno wat to do...so called my father...

If anyone was there 3 year ago on a particular day...my father make a hell mess out of there...he **** the mechanic the salesman all and say to call his lawyer and complain to case....

what happen....Suddenly the salesman say....dont worry2...rxz very easy to fix....all probs can fix ones...heask the mechanic to fix my bike FOC and since that day...my bike never give me any major probs...as in enjine wise....and never been towed again...that is really nightmare 4 me with Southern motor...i dont want to go there again...donno i lose my money how much already overthere...Lucky my dad come to my rescue....

That&#39;s what parents do..
    09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

edlan
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i bought my sp there too. quote me unreasonable price. one month warranty on parts and engine. rear brake spoilt must pay, balancer drop also must pay. never gonna go to that shop ever. utterly disappointed by the way they do buisness

The[J]Man
    The[J]Man
    has no status.
    Edit

heh &#33;

southern motors...

a place i won&#39;t recommend to anyone afta gettin a bike from em...

Impy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm,......

if you ask me, i wont recomend this shop at all. i also got my FT plate SP from there.........

the outlook of the bike look good when i bought it, and after a few months, i spent quite abit to clear up the interior

worse of all, i wanted to do a full cash for my bike after a few installments,

pls be adv that they charge an extra &#036;300 for paying in full earlier than the loan period.... so pissed, want to upgrade but unhappy they will earn another &#036;300 from me... haha... so i am slowly paying my installment off.....

so pls ask about the financing term when buying from them.......
    A pebble in the water makes a ripple effect , every action in this world will bear a consequence

feng10516
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new southern not that bad.. it&#39;s southern that&#39;s really bad.. think they come out new southern to get back some trust.. but southern is bad.. really really bad.. ever once went there to ask something.. before i even open my mouth, the mech just put his hand in front of my face and tell me to wait half an hour before asking him anything.. he too busy to entertain me.. is that the way to treat customer?? at least listen to what i have to ask mahz.. what i wanted is a 5 minutes job and i have to wait for half an hour before i can speak up?? after that i never go there for any kind of "services"..

ary#76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a non-biased view from me
    --------------------------------
    new southern motors
    trade in my runner for a srad bumbleebee. ah koon attended to me. quite a nice guy .. nv push me on a particular bike model. asked a few models, he patiently informed me of the pros and cons of each bike that i had pointed. when it comes to either a TL or the SRAD .. he gave me the full info on both bikes and let me have my choice .. but in all fairness, he did not even pressure me one bit on which bike to go for. even shared me his personal view on both bikes and asked me to make my choice after careful considerations. after all the paperwork was done, as usual .. one month&#39;s warranty.
    southern motors
    there was a few issues with the bike .. but within the one month, everytime that i went down , about 5 times, i was promptly attended to and the problems were rectified. even once when i came late at 7.45pm ... after they had closed, one of the mech went with me to open up their storage place to let me have my bike. in all fairness, their services ...to me, is quite

so far .. i have no problems with them ..
    rempiticon #76

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast