User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: first bike

  1. #1
    icaruse
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb first bike



    Guys, I am about to get my 2b license and I am considering getting one of the following (used) bikes at ~7000.

    CB190R: nothing wrong about this bike only hit me twice in the nuts in BBDC. And the fact that they stops selling new bikes worries me.

    Duke 200: also seems decent and popular, and Yamaha FZN150i is as popuplar, so can anyone share some experience riding these 2 models?

  2. #2
    kokseng_wong
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    just get your 2b lic 1st. think abt what bike after u gt yur lic.

     

     
  3. #3
    buttbutt8
    has no status.
    Class 2 buttbutt8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    1,230
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kokseng_wong View Post
    just get your 2b lic 1st. think abt what bike after u gt yur lic.
    Not harm doing forward planning.
    May 2005 - July 2007: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU 3*** S)
    July 2007 - Dec 2016: Honda CB400 Spec III (FBB 7***X)
    Dec 2016 - Aug 2017: Yamaha FZ1N (FBD 4***E)
    Aug 2017 - Present: Kawasaki Z1000SX (FBF 6***B)

    Boono

  4. #4
    laviz
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    44
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icaruse View Post
    Guys, I am about to get my 2b license and I am considering getting one of the following (used) bikes at ~7000.

    CB190R: nothing wrong about this bike only hit me twice in the nuts in BBDC. And the fact that they stops selling new bikes worries me.

    Duke 200: also seems decent and popular, and Yamaha FZN150i is as popuplar, so can anyone share some experience riding these 2 models?

    I wouldn't recommend any CB190 models although they came up with a few variation some quite nice looking but the bike engine and everything from China. They are China Honda..not honda honda.... And when i went bike shopping a lot of the mechanic were like shaking their head and were against me buying it. Ask to consider get other bike like R15 etc...

    I am more into street bike so i would say can consider CB150R (I am riding this) and XSR155 (but ya no used one just release). If not R15 is good if u are into sport bike.

  5. #5
    icaruse
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laviz View Post
    I wouldn't recommend any CB190 models although they came up with a few variation some quite nice looking but the bike engine and everything from China. They are China Honda..not honda honda.... And when i went bike shopping a lot of the mechanic were like shaking their head and were against me buying it. Ask to consider get other bike like R15 etc...

    I am more into street bike so i would say can consider CB150R (I am riding this) and XSR155 (but ya no used one just release). If not R15 is good if u are into sport bike.
    hard pass on the racer...
    I saw a lot of cb150r last week at a bike shop, but only a few of cb190r.
    what is wrong with the engine?

  6. #6
    icaruse
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kokseng_wong View Post
    just get your 2b lic 1st. think abt what bike after u gt yur lic.
    Hi KS,

    I just took my bike from the shop last week, but now I found its clutch has a weird noise and the fuel consumption is higher than online comments.

    Is it still covered by lemon law? Can i go back and ask the shop to fix for me? I can accept pay some cost...

  7. #7
    kokseng_wong
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icaruse View Post
    Hi KS,

    I just took my bike from the shop last week, but now I found its clutch has a weird noise and the fuel consumption is higher than online comments.

    Is it still covered by lemon law? Can i go back and ask the shop to fix for me? I can accept pay some cost...
    which shop u bought the bike from? u can go back there to check with them for your clutch.But for fuel consumption, there's nothing u can do abt. what bike u bought? where u stay? u can google abt the lemon law. this is my wechat cwks7300
    Last edited by kokseng_wong; 02-04-2020 at 08:30 PM.

  8. #8
    kokseng_wong
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=kokseng_wong;8687215

  9. #9
    icaruse
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kokseng_wong View Post
    which shop u bought the bike from? u can go back there to check with them for your clutch.But for fuel consumption, there's nothing u can do abt. what bike u bought? where u stay? u can google abt the lemon law. this is my wechat cwks7300
    Thanks!
    It is GP Motoring on macPherson road.
    Everything seems alright so far…

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •