Tashi
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Woopa!! Cbr1000rr Riders

This Picture Below is the latest to escape from Japan and could hint at the all new 2004 FIREBLADE so eagerly awaited by the masses.

What at first glance appears to be a race spec 2002/03 954cc Fireblade, is in fact if you look closer a fair bit different.

For starters the different shaped and centrally positioned ram air scoop. Sources at Honda have revealed this bike has a newly developed 1000cc in-line four cylinder engine, allegedly producing 150bhp at the rear wheel. Sources have also revealed that this bike is due to compete in the Japanese Superbike Series, which will give Honda a chance to develop this engine further into a road going bike.

Tashi
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30th April 2003 Update on the 2004 Fireblade Replacement
    2004 CBR 1000RR

So this is it then, The Fireblade replacement the CBR 1000RR, Inside sources at Honda claim the 998cc in line four cylinder engined Superbike is rumored to be putting out 165 bhp and weighs in at a positively anorexic 165kg, lighter even than the current CBR600RR. Notice the lack of the legendary FIREBLADE moniker.

Xiaozhu
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chio chio chio

Tashi
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? I hope the headlights won't be like that. My karma for making fun of the 636.

The front of the yellow one doesn't look as fierce as the red one.

Can't see the Unit Pro suspension.

kata_killer
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chio man.... BTW, hw much is it?
    Honda NSR 150 SP - FT4977D (June 01 - March 03)
    Honda CBR 400 RR- FL2119U (Dec 02 - Jan 04)
    Honda CBR 929 RR - FS4382A (Feb 04 - Dec 04)
    Susuki Hayabusa 1300- FX9524Z (April 05 - Oct 05)
    Susuki Bandit400- FL3540D (Mar 03 - Dec 05)
    Honda Super 4 Spec 3 - FZ9528C (Dec 05 - Jan 07)
    Honda Walve125S - FW8025J (Aug 06 - June 07)
    Yamaha Spark135 LE - FBB4..7C (March 07 - ???)

Tashi
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you guys (as a general term, also includes gals) think of the headlight?

I don't really like it.

For pricing, you'll have to wait till ... maybe around September for the announcement.

EJ2012X
    EJ2012X
    has no status.
    Edit

the concept picture at the top looks very exciting, looks like Duc 999....... but the actual headlight design a bit.... disappointing.... haha.

Never mind la, wont be able to afford it anyway

Jenova
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh.. but both bikes looks totally different lei...

haiz.. even e cbr600rr is not on the road yet(after beng showcased for like 1/2yr)..
    I LOVE u RS. Please dont breakdown. I\'m BROKE!!!

Tashi
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both are different.

Red one, I'm guessing is a new engine on a slightly modded 03' FireBlade.

Yellow one is probably the real thang.

joekia
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you guys (as a general term, also includes gals) think of the headlight?

I don't really like it.

For pricing, you'll have to wait till ... maybe around September for the announcement.
    it looks damn ugly to me... reminds me of a nsr125...

ViN^aR
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wahh will it be coming to singapore?
    One year to learn, one year to win.

mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh which is which now? the red and yellow cant possibly be the same bike on account of their exhaust. which is the new fireblade/CBR1000RR (or watever)? and how diff is it from the RCB1000 that i posted somewhere? or are they all same bike diff name?

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Ken
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the red one looks more meaner with the ram air scoop but the yellow one cant see leh except at the side of the piilion seat can see got like a small potion of ram air effect.
    both bike actually looks like a mixture of many designs together, as it look small n like the SP2, just that the pipe is hide under ur butt head like 954 but got R1 feeling
    both bike looks very compact but the overall design is not innovative n when u say bike that got pipes on your butt, u think of ducati n the head fairing oso started to have the sharp nose effect of R1, looks like honda is running out of new ideas on the bike design,.... maybe its time to employ new designer liao.

just a comment as i m very disappointed with honda liao, why cant they invent a bike that is as chio as R1 and as high horsepower then G1...then i no need to keep thinking which 1 is the best liao... they must invent a bike that is so like got this ("eh which class 2 bike u wanna buy huh?" "OF COURSE the new honda XXX lah") effect mah...
    Cant imagine the leader in japan to make bikes now is being taken over by others, cant imagine more if they lost Rossi to others.....

Jenova
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by others, cant imagine more if they lost Rossi to others.....

hee.. aprilia is rumoured to be neogotiating wif rossi to ride their rs cube..

Ken
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any machine he ride becomes a hit.

Dscheng
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow the red CBR.. damn stylo...

happyrider
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Picture Below is the latest to escape from Japan and could hint at the all new 2004 FIREBLADE so eagerly awaited by the masses.

What at first glance appears to be a race spec 2002/03 954cc Fireblade, is in fact if you look closer a fair bit different.

For starters the different shaped and centrally positioned ram air scoop. Sources at Honda have revealed this bike has a newly developed 1000cc in-line four cylinder engine, allegedly producing 150bhp at the rear wheel. Sources have also revealed that this bike is due to compete in the Japanese Superbike Series, which will give Honda a chance to develop this engine further into a road going bike.

this red one is a 954 for sure....the shape of the tank and the position of the "lobang" between the fairings and the frame is a sure giveaway.....
    eVeRyThIng hAs 2 gO...sOmEwHeRe...sOmEdAy...

Ken
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

954 got the ram air technology meh?
    i didnt notice it.

happyrider
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

954 got the ram air technology meh?
    i didnt notice it.
    RAM AIR can be mod into the head cowl and provide cooler and larger volumes of cool air to be fed into the airbox, but that would require hell lot of modifications....nt surprising....for all u noe..it could be there for "display" purpose only.....

VTECR1
    VTECR1
    has no status.
    Edit

the red one looks more meaner with the ram air scoop but the yellow one cant see leh except at the side of the piilion seat can see got like a small potion of ram air effect.
    both bike actually looks like a mixture of many designs together, as it look small n like the SP2, just that the pipe is hide under ur butt head like 954 but got R1 feeling
    both bike looks very compact but the overall design is not innovative n when u say bike that got pipes on your butt, u think of ducati n the head fairing oso started to have the sharp nose effect of R1, looks like honda is running out of new ideas on the bike design,.... maybe its time to employ new designer liao.

just a comment as i m very disappointed with honda liao, why cant they invent a bike that is as chio as R1 and as high horsepower then G1...then i no need to keep thinking which 1 is the best liao... they must invent a bike that is so like got this ("eh which class 2 bike u wanna buy huh?" "OF COURSE the new honda XXX lah") effect mah...
    Cant imagine the leader in japan to make bikes now is being taken over by others, cant imagine more if they lost Rossi to others.....
    I do not support Honda. FYI Honda do produce Very Powerful & Fast & Nice Bike pls view this example: http://world.honda.com/HRC/products/rs250r/index.html Then come back to the question will many rider be able to afford the $$$$$$$ Toking abt power how much do u really need?? Ask a G1 or R1 rider if they really fully utilise the power???? Ask them where their RPM usually is???As far as i know Honda always build Very User Friendly Reliable Bike. Try ride a G1 or R1,the raw power might bite. Try ride a Blade(less power but its so user friendly) trust me u will be more comfortable with it. Honda know wat they are doing. Remember this it was HONDA with their CBR900 FireBlade which change the sportbike scene back in 1992,untill 1998 came R1 then later G1. Another example is their CBR600F4I. Although it might not be the most powerful, nice,ultimate track bike or watever......etc but many magazine still recommend because its is so good is everything (all rounder)....ocassion track day,touring,street riding..etc.. All these are just my point of view any comment????

happyrider
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI Honda do produce Very Powerful & Fast & Nice Bike pls view this example: http://world.honda.com/HRC/products/rs250r/index.html Then come back to the question will many rider be able to afford the $$$$$$$ Toking abt power how much do u really need?? Ask a G1 or R1 rider if they really fully utilise the power???? Ask them where their RPM usually is???As far as i know Honda always build Very User Friendly Reliable Bike. Try ride a G1 or R1,the raw power might bite. Try ride a Blade(less power but its so user friendly) trust me u will be more comfortable with it. Honda know wat they are doing. Remember this it was HONDA with their CBR900 FireBlade which change the sportbike scene back in 1992,untill 1998 came R1 then later G1. Another example is their CBR600F4I. Although it might not be the most powerful, nice,ultimate track bike or watever......etc but many magazine still recommend because its is so good is everything (all rounder)....ocassion track day,touring,street riding..etc.. All these are just my point of view any comment????

couldn't agree more......

Ken
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey u got ur points there.
    think i m not really looking into their histories.
    came to think of it, the bike i m riding now is a mean machine in 2A anyway.
    hmm... zhen shi yi yu jin xing mong zhong ren~~
    pray that the new RCB1000RR would not be problematic.
    but still like the pipe to be beside n a chioer butt like R1 n Head.

taupok
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not support Honda. FYI Honda do produce Very Powerful & Fast & Nice Bike pls view this example: http://world.honda.com/HRC/products/rs250r/index.html Then come back to the question will many rider be able to afford the $$$$$$$ Toking abt power how much do u really need?? Ask a G1 or R1 rider if they really fully utilise the power???? Ask them where their RPM usually is???As far as i know Honda always build Very User Friendly Reliable Bike. Try ride a G1 or R1,the raw power might bite. Try ride a Blade(less power but its so user friendly) trust me u will be more comfortable with it. Honda know wat they are doing. Remember this it was HONDA with their CBR900 FireBlade which change the sportbike scene back in 1992,untill 1998 came R1 then later G1. Another example is their CBR600F4I. Although it might not be the most powerful, nice,ultimate track bike or watever......etc but many magazine still recommend because its is so good is everything (all rounder)....ocassion track day,touring,street riding..etc.. All these are just my point of view any comment????
    Hey!! Wat abt the KWACKERS man??tsk tsk..

VTECR1
    VTECR1
    has no status.
    Edit

Hey!! Wat abt the KWACKERS man??tsk tsk..
    U mean kawa??? they are powerful,fast but the engine rough. And maybe they were the 1st to introduce RAM air.

taupok
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U mean kawa??? they are powerful,fast but the engine rough. And maybe they were the 1st to introduce RAM air.
    Elaborate 'engine rough' pls....

VTECR1
    VTECR1
    has no status.
    Edit

Elaborate 'engine rough' pls....
    Noisy like the engine like not smooth

Seth®
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed the CBR1000 2004's design has taken a tad off the NSR125... the headlights, the rear seat. It seems it has the combination of both the NSR125 and RCV211. Though ducati made the underseat exhaust famous but still love it regardless of itz make.
    "Contemplate thy powers, contemplate thy wants and thy connections; so shalt thou discover the duties of life, and be directed in all thy ways."

Jenova
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not mv agusta meh?

Tashi
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed the CBR1000 2004's design has taken a tad off the NSR125... the headlights, the rear seat. It seems it has the combination of both the NSR125 and RCV211. Though ducati made the underseat exhaust famous but still love it regardless of itz make.
    Actually Honda had the twin rear exhaust on the NR750 too.

I'm guessing Honda is deliberately leaking some prototype pix to gather some feedback on design comments.

feng125
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NSR125 very ugly meh?

i think its one of the best looking 2B bikes around with a good paintwork.
    Sitting on my hands... Must... Not... Rebutt...!! ARGH~!@

joekia
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NSR125 very ugly meh?

i think its one of the best looking 2B bikes around with a good paintwork.
    to each his own... but seriously... to me it really looks like ****... a done up tzr will look alot meaner then the nsr125 to me...

Jenova
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to each his own... but seriously... to me it really looks like ****... a done up tzr will look alot meaner then the nsr125 to me...
    no taste...

joekia
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no taste...
    lke i said to each his own....

jeffchua
    JEFFZ1
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like this concept that is one exhaust by the side and another at the seat.
    although the colour doesnt look all that great....
    but really have the RC211V looks.
    somemore a V5 engine!!!!!

reaper_y
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa! jeffchua.....

If what the article said is true, i'll change my target class 2 bike to this new HONDA. 160BHP! Lightweight with good handling! Add some legalised race end-cans, headers, high-flow air filters & EMC, etc..... YEAH!!!!!
    Ride fast but safe... Skills matters most... the slow ONE... I WAS TOO SLOW at 1min 50.9sec

Past rides: Quite a few and different types

GuanTou
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa! jeffchua.....

If what the article said is true, i'll change my target class 2 bike to this new HONDA. 160BHP! Lightweight with good handling! Add some legalised race end-cans, headers, high-flow air filters & EMC, etc..... YEAH!!!!!
    hohoho.. good good!!
    its really damn attracting...
    read a few website introduce that... cant wait to class 2 ler...
    cheers!!!
    Life is short!!! Enjoy every moment!!!

RobVanDam
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa! jeffchua.....

hi, not trying to burst your bubble. But 160bhp may only be from the crank. True rear wheel horsepower may only be 140 to 145bhp. Nonetheless, still very good hp figures for a litre class sports bike.

+simon+
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but the design from honda is almost the same pattern one ..
    Cant reallie tell if it is reallie nice till u see the real bike ..

TO mi .. i still prefer the honda02' 600cc than this yr 600cc .. But now I think K3 is reallie damn chio .. cos i see it personally at Loois.

RoMaNcGal
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really like it.

i dun like the red's headlight...kinda weird..so wad's the diff btw cbr1000 and RCB1000RR? RCB1000 nice rite?

Smetimes lovin tat smeone means lettin go,
    Lettin go isn\'t the end of the world,
    But the beginnin of a new one.
    Cherish the memories,
    for they are all tat\'s left...

Karen03sg
    Karen03sg
    has no status.
    Edit

Wow cool bike. Wat a nice bike ?

Tashi
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dun like the red's headlight...kinda weird..so wad's the diff btw cbr1000 and RCB1000RR? RCB1000 nice rite?
    There's no official announcement on the name yet, it's either CBR or RCB.

"Red one" has no headlight (from page 1). LOL. Unless you're referring to Jeff's signature, that's a CBR600RR.

The "red one" is modded from this.

RoMaNcGal
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no official announcement on the name yet, it's either CBR or RCB.

"Red one" has no headlight (from page 1). LOL.
    oops! no wonder so funny...so cbr and rcb 1000 are the same ar?
    Smetimes lovin tat smeone means lettin go,
    Lettin go isn\'t the end of the world,
    But the beginnin of a new one.
    Cherish the memories,
    for they are all tat\'s left...

mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If what the article said is true, i'll change my target class 2 bike to this new HONDA. 160BHP!
    hold your horses. 'reliable rumours' say the 2004 R1 will have a target of between 165 and 175 bhp at the crank, and will have underseat exhausts too.

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

jeffchua
    JEFFZ1
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lots of opinion now...
    hahaha....
    i guess there will no longer be CBR models ever as the engineer making CBR's have retired and the last one they did was this CBR600RR.
    Me still a bit blur as to the RCB and RCV bikes that might appear....
    but if the R1 is going to come out with a splendid new bike....
    hehehe....
    iguess that will be my class 2 bike if possible...

RCB=Rider Can Brake
    RCV=Racing Corner Victories

reaper_y
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ye, RobVanDam, i know the BHP figures are quoted from the crank, no, u didn't burst my bubble. That's how most manufacturers quote their figures...

Still, if the new litre class HONDA superbike is gonna use a V5 engine, with a few mods, it should be able to rival the other manufacturers given the traditional good HONDA handling...

145BHP(in stock), V5 engines producing in excess of 220BHP(MotoGP), the commercial model shouldn't disappoint us by a lot...

Still, it remains to be seen what exactly will be on the market for 2004 for the litre class superbikes.... can't wait for the moment!
    Ride fast but safe... Skills matters most... the slow ONE... I WAS TOO SLOW at 1min 50.9sec

Past rides: Quite a few and different types

jeffchua
    JEFFZ1
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha....
    no more a K3....
    now got these picture u are more tempted to buy these....
    hahaha....
    i will c u ride a different bike...
    ahahhaa.

Sesshou
    old man
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the yellow bike lokks ugly , think the 600rr is better .but the red one looks much more cool

Tashi
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The red one is actually a 954, except for an additional ram air in front.

Jeff, which engineer are you talking about? I only know the project leader Tadao Baba moved to another department within Honda, so someone took over his place. The guy who is responsible for the 600RR will probably be in charged of the 1000RR.

Mechwira, I've heard about the 2004 R1 too. Found any pix to post yet?

jeffchua
    JEFFZ1
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The red one is actually a 954, except for an additional ram air in front.

Jeff, which engineer are you talking about? I only know the project leader Tadao Baba moved to another department within Honda, so someone took over his place. The guy who is responsible for the 600RR will probably be in charged of the 1000RR.

yup...
    i am talking abt him.
    a bit mistake....
    it is said that the will be no more manufacture of fireblade on all bikes of honda

me also very curious abt the 2004 R1 leh....

mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tried searching the net too but couldn find any. all i read was from latest issue FastBikes mag. they only provided artist renditions of the '04 R1. although the article itself u can take seriously, the artist renditions i not willing to accept even though it looks nice. thats coz all the artist did was to provide 2 hand-drawn pics, one with the '02 R1 with a CBR600RR backside and another with the Ducati999 type exhaust underneath the same sharp tail of the '02 R1. but in any case the drawings look nice.

the article did mention some very promising 'probable' and 'possible' details of the '04 R1 though.

Page 1 of 388 123451151101 ... LastLast