Thread: Accident related - What happen next? Private settlement? Look here

k9999
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay i have agree to pay him 180 sing dollars for his damage..
    is the damage worth the amount?

Gal_SG^Rider
    is here
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by k9999@Jan 27 2006, 12:56 PM
    okay i have agree to pay him 180 sing dollars for his damage..
    is the damage worth the amount?
    the amount sounds reasonable... replacing the brake light and painting the bumper...

but pls make sure that the amount paid is full and final in black and white and make sure that both of you have a copy and both of you had signed the black and white... keep the black and white... do give mitsui a call and confirm whether they need the black and white anot...

ermintham
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by dirt_man8@May 27 2003, 02:59 PM
    Guys

I just had an accident today...made me learn a lot of stuff that I would like to share with you all..

This morning , I was turning left in my sch and I have signal my intention to turn long ago. This reckless driver came from behind and bang into my ack wheel..why? maybe he was fast? maybe he was c***? maybe he couldnt care less ? but thats not the main issue.

At the first impact of the bang, I thought I corner too low on tarmac causing my back wheel to slide so I countered steer and managed to escpae from a fate of scratches and bruises. Upon stopping the bike, I expect him to come out of the car looking apologetic, instead, he dashed out giving a **** face and claimed that I stopped too soon and signaled too late..we started to have a heated agrument on whois right and whois wrong and that driver simply dun want to admit his mistake and insisted on claiming my insurance. That arsehole even challanged me to hit him.. DUN!! no matter under what circumstances , you should never lay your hand on the driver...road bullies are always wrong!~

without even giving a care to what he says, I phoned for the police knowing that there wouldnt be a case as theres no damage to public property, no injury, and doesnt affect cyclists or pedestrains. The police arrived and WOW! you see the change in attitude of that guy became instantous.. amazing!!

Police came and took down what happened and will keep it as referance...

When you are involved in an accident, dun panic or be agitated! analyse the situation and select your strong points and work on them!

No matter whether the driver ask for a private settlement or he wana make a claim, report the matter to your respective insurance company and file it under report...NTUC income policies holder can do it at IDAC (few locations) they could even provide free towing if your vehicle cant move.This is to protect yourself against double sided snakes that says they wouldn claim you in front of you but makes a claim behind your back..Your insurance company will access the situation and take down pictures of your bike and hopefully writes a report in your favor..

Next important thing..

If some driver has been performing some "tricks" on the road that you find its a hazzard to other road users safety, you can also do a write in to complain abt them.. all you need is that "stunt" driver or rider's plate number.

Write a formal fax letter to OC Violation Traffic POlice Department telling them what has happened. The fax number is 65474883, the telephone number is 65470000..

Your complain could probably save another rider or driver life.. :thumbs:

Regards
    for the stunt thingy....no proof then how will the proper authorities take action?
    24th Feb'06 - 28th Jun'06 NSR 150SP FR 8*9*Y
    29th Jun'06 -Dec'06 Crutches n Taxi
    Jan'06 - present day Public Transport
    25th May'07 Daihatsu Extol

bike sold on my bdae!!

spec07
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was involved in an serious accident few weeks back, now TP say court matters and either me or the other party going to be charge for dangerous driving depending on the investigation and if there is witnesses. But I have clearly written in my statement that its not my fault. And at the point of time, I was admitted to hospital straight, thus unable to find any witnesses. In this case, will I have to find witness myself? I have find a lawyer to do the claims for me. What should I do? Pls advice! Thank you!

spec07
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was involved in an serious accident few weeks back, now TP say court matters and either me or the other party going to be charge for dangerous driving depending on the investigation and if there is witnesses. But I have clearly written in my statement that its not my fault. And at the point of time, I was admitted to hospital straight, thus unable to find any witnesses. In this case, will I have to find witness myself? I have find a lawyer to do the claims for me. What should I do? Pls advice! Thank you!

CokeAddicT
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very useful... Thx a lot... Useful for new riders like me...
    Nothing in the world compares to the feeling of raw power between your legs..... well, except maybe a pint of cold Coke.....

C13
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my 2B license abt 6 months ago.

Would like to ask: if I am involved in an accident, but I only have the car's plate no., no contact details of the driver, still can make claims against the driver? Need witness?

Asking b'cos had a near accident recently. I am on left side going straight, car didn't signal and turn left. Fortunately, everything happen slow motion, but my front wheel still got bumped by the car, and fell on the side. Didn't check my bike then, as first time. And I am ok, luckily. Only later then I realise that I should have at least taken note of the car's plate no in case I find damages to my bike later. But will it help?

hahamen
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got into n accident 2 weeks back.. its under TP investigation...

the thing is... my bike is at my bikeshop now... how do i go abt it?? can i pay for the repair first n claim later?? coz my relative say that its hard to claim the costs n u nd to engage a lawyer to settle it...

nd help!!!
    a good friend once said to me, "You will only be truly happy if you give your best in everything you do..."

and i thought to myself...

how true...

contrarian
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He who hesitates is lost!

contrarian
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is a guide to how insurers apportion liability in certain accidents.

The Barometer of Liability Chart will apply in the following situations:

1.Violations of traffic protocol e.g. traffic on right has right of way, stop sign, yellow box junctions etc.
    2.Conflicting facts within an agreed scenario.
    3.Regardless of the decision of Courts and FIDReC, unless there are new evidences to support otherwise.
    4.Restrict to repair cost only.

Exclusion List

The Barometer of Liability Chart will not apply when there is :

a.Independent witness
    b.Action taken by the traffic police
    c.Repudiation of liability (based on GIA guideline)
    d.Admission of liability in the report of one party or there is photographic evidence supporting the version of one party
    e.Dispute of facts in respect of the type of scenario used.

http://www.gia.org.sg/BarometerofLiability...ement(BOLA).doc

teng_fred
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, had a accidental starting of this month.. hospitalised 8 days with i think more than 3 months MC... I had a bike shop ; recommended by my lawyer, to repair the bike. Currently unable to ride and is at bike shop. With the time frame of MC expected, can I cancel the insurance temporailly? How about road tax? Heard from my friend able to do it!! Also wondering, is it easy to make claims from NTUC? Meaning my insurance is NTUC, opposite party NTUC too. I am not at fault for I was travelling on straight road and veh came out of minor road without stopping (there was a stop-line).

glorygoh
    needs $$$
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too many Q, too less replies.. cant breathe... haha..

But huh really must take pic ah, my fren also tio 'A' for damages not done by him, asked to pay 7k...

Honda Freed
    Honda XL 200
    Suzuki DR200
    Yamaha Fino
    Piaggio LX150
    Suzuki Lapin
    Yamaha TW 200
    Gilera VXR 200
    Piaggio ET8 200

m3ng
    is a keyboard warrior
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys,I'm a new rider here with less than a month's experience and got into a accident last night.

I was travelling along east coast road and nearing a traffic light, i was moving behind a taxi and then he suddenly stop..i knew i could not break in time so i swirved away and I brushed past his tail light and bumper.

The result was his tail light and bumper was damaged, and my ferring gt 1 huge scratch. We pulled over and got into a heated arguement and both sides refused to exchange particulars as he keep claiming is my fault.He then called police to come down.

I failed to have get his particulars and photos of his cab and witness information, then out of the blue, 2 insurance claim consultants came and told me to ride off with my fren 2 see a doctor...blur blur..i did as told.

So now what do i do now guys..i really duno how to go about this case now

NOTE : I wasnt speeding..going abt 50km/h but my ebreak technique still newbish..i still P plate
    07-09 : NSR SP 150cc
    09-10 : Piaggio X9 200 EVO A

Current Ride : CB 400 Super 4

Soomp
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok mine happen today 7/3/2007 at bukit batok st 22..

im going straight to cka motorbike shop..

a junction before cka, it is still green light.. i saw taxi on my right.. alright..
    it is my right of way now.. cause im travelling straight..

but who knows the taxi driver turns out neglect my presence..
    i bang into the taxi.. i braked already when i see him turning but it is too late. i bang into the taxi left side near to fuel tank 's area..

he is nervous.. quickly got out of his taxi come to me. ask me anything happen 2 me..
    im there pointing at my bike saying.. my bike how?

he sae.. doesnt' matter u can claim it from insurance. he ask me anything happen 2 me bike not tat impt.. i sae i dunno not sure.. i give him a stun look cus im really stun dat time..
    he quickly call the ambulance.. and civic defense came.. fetch me to NUH.
    i been there from 7:30pm to around 11pm then i receive a x-ray . my reports shows im fit to be discharged..

now i wana know is.. my bike which is at the accident sence... how do i get it back? as i already called 999 and ask them bout my bike condition. they sae i can chat with the traffic police..

and also.. the insurance claim.. how do i go bout doing it ?
    the uncle is so nervous and keep saeing he is doom , end of work for him.. can retire or something like that..

ok im on 2nd party fire & theft...
    can anyone help now?
    i been discharged got 3 days medicial leave as i sprain my wraist and bruise my back. lucky im alright but my bike is gone case...
    ---unauthorised advertising---

ary#76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi bro,

if i'm not wrong ..ur bike is FX8666D , it's at the Traffic Police Pound at Airport Rd

if you need more info, please contact Traffic Police and ask for IO 97031, ur case ID is J/202 ..

hope that helps ..

get well soon bro ..
    rempiticon #76

Soomp
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by 7sixxer@March 08, 2007 03:16 am
    hi bro,

if i'm not wrong ..ur bike is FX8666D , it's at the Traffic Police Pound at Airport Rd

if you need more info, please contact Traffic Police and ask for IO 97031, ur case ID is J/202 ..

hope that helps ..

get well soon bro ..
    hello there! u are right.. how do you know my bike number? are u a traffic police?

thanks for blessing..

ary#76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Soomp!@March 08, 2007 03:18 am
    hello there! u are right.. how do you know my bike number? are u a traffic police?

thanks for blessing..
    no lah bro ...

i'm handling the towing of accident vehicles and such ...

for ur case, just call the IO ... liase with him when you can take ur bike back. once he gives you a date and time, liase with your bikeshop to tow ur bike to their shop (if ur bike is unable to be ridden .. if it is, ride to ur bike shop lor ) ... think ur bikeshop can do ur claim for you ..

and if u have any injuries, i think you can even claim from the other party for your injuries and so forth .. i'm not too clear on that, maybe you'll like to get advice from your insurance company ?
    rempiticon #76

Soomp
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by 7sixxer@March 08, 2007 03:25 am
    no lah bro ...

i'm handling the towing of accident vehicles and such ...

for ur case, just call the IO ... liase with him when you can take ur bike back. once he gives you a date and time, liase with your bikeshop to tow ur bike to their shop (if ur bike is unable to be ridden .. if it is, ride to ur bike shop lor ) ... think ur bikeshop can do ur claim for you ..

and if u have any injuries, i think you can even claim from the other party for your injuries and so forth .. i'm not too clear on that, maybe you'll like to get advice from your insurance company ?

if i cant ride now , is it ok if i ask my bike shop to do the tow too ?
    i will call the traffic police and my insurance company tml. thanks a lot.. your help is appreciated..

ary#76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

checked with my driver, think ur bike tank suffered quite a bad damage .. no fuel inside, all leaked out .. and u definately need a tow truck as ur bike wheels are jammed and unable to push..
    rempiticon #76

ary#76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Soomp!@March 08, 2007 03:30 am

if i cant ride now , is it ok if i ask my bike shop to do the tow too ?
    i will call the traffic police and my insurance company tml. thanks a lot.. your help is appreciated..

yups, you could .. juz check with the IO if u need to come down to sign any forms to release ur bike or if your bike shop can do that on ur behalf ..

no probs bro .. hope the info helps
    rempiticon #76

Soomp
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by 7sixxer@March 08, 2007 03:32 am
    yups, you could .. juz check with the IO if u need to come down to sign any forms to release ur bike or if your bike shop can do that on ur behalf ..

no probs bro .. hope the info helps
    ur info do help greatly.. im still figuring out what to ask the traffic police tml on the fone. but with ur case number i could get into the topic easier..

thanks again!!

ary#76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Soomp!@March 08, 2007 03:42 am
    ur info do help greatly.. im still figuring out what to ask the traffic police tml on the fone. but with ur case number i could get into the topic easier..

thanks again!!
    no worries ..

when u call, just ask for the IO, when the IO picks up , inform your name and ur case number. then just ask him if you can take back ur bike...

that's all .... if there;s anything else, he will inform you on it ..

rempiticon #76

farhanidris
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI GUYS,

Last week, a van reversed(blindly) and knocked into the front part of my bike. Only damage to my bike is the front mudguard broken. The driver say he will pay for my repair. So i didnt go n make accident report. Now i go repair oredi.... he trying to avoid paying me.... im currently insured under mitsui. can i go n claim his insurance?

Would appreciate any advice from u guys. Thanx...
    Many will call me an adventurer - and that I am, only one of a different sort: one of those who risks his skin to prove his platitudes

paiseh
    is back to DIY-ing
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by farhanidris@March 09, 2007 04:06 pm
    HI GUYS,

Last week, a van reversed(blindly) and knocked into the front part of my bike. Only damage to my bike is the front mudguard broken. The driver say he will pay for my repair. So i didnt go n make accident report. Now i go repair oredi.... he trying to avoid paying me.... im currently insured under mitsui. can i go n claim his insurance?

Would appreciate any advice from u guys. Thanx...
    sms him, say u r taking up legal actions against him if he does not settle payment (repair fees + lost of transportation costs) by, say, 20th March 2007
    No more regrets.

farhanidris
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sms him, say u r taking up legal actions against him if he does not settle payment (repair fees + lost of transportation costs) by, say, 20th March 2007

--------------------
    Thanks.....I will try that strategy.... see whether this fella scared anot. By taking legal actions u mean claim his insurance ?
    Many will call me an adventurer - and that I am, only one of a different sort: one of those who risks his skin to prove his platitudes

guwakzai
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wed i just kanna hit by lorry from behind...i stop at the slip rd give way line...i turn my head he toking on hp and just whack me from behind.he hit me my bike nv drop or wat, onli box scratch ..hi lorry dented......privately settle he compensated me...
    Is this real?
    http://sg-fashionz.blogspot.com/

Gnixer
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how much to claim for lost of transportation costs?
    信我就行﹐ 不信我就不行
    W - Wonderful
    E - Energetic
    N - New
    X - Xenophobic
    I - Important
    N - Natural
    G - Glorious

lang
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last time I claimed something like $15 or $20 /day for lost of transport.

BTW, I had to hire a lawyer to do my insurance claims. Paid him around $300, paid workshop around $400, I still have $300 extra. Something like that. Too long ago.... 2003.... The lady driver hit my rear fender, cracked. At first say she pay, but later decided not too. Tell me to claim her insurance. I fed up after talking to her and husband, so hire lawyer. So dum. Wonder if she lost her NCD or not...
    1st bike - Kawasaki chopper.
    2nd bike - 1 of the very few 125cc Dragstar... this bike went up Genting!
    Current - 400cc Dragstar..
    Next -.... 1100cc Dragstar......?

1st car - Starlet, 2nd car - Volksy Caddy, Current - Dat Terios
    Next car will be another Volksy!

Razgriz
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i kena accident saturday night @ yishun..

now prob is .. the taxi driver cnat b contact.. we agreed to settle outside..

the phone number he divert to else where.. i cant contact him

can i call police? and make a case..

We go see nearby clinic only since i hv no injury n decided to settle outside...

This is a computer generated msg, no signature is required

guanjie
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

copy of private settlement form
    Attached Files Attached Files

160207 - 170407: Honda NSR SP150
    230507 - 140807: Aprilia RS125 '99
    300712 - 290113: Ducati Monster 400 '02
    050213 - 190413: Honda CBR 400RR '96

090413 - Present: BMW 316i '12

Why fear the silence when it's already so noisy - Gj

taycheekiang
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, just got into an accident with a car,and driver says want to settle as she jus got her driving license..so i say ok , brought me for an xray which cost abt 110 and bike repair cost $2600 . We got black and white stating she will be paying the full cost of the repair by nxt tue 12/06/07. if in any case she decide to back out , does the paper cover as proof? and i got her plate number also , but car was not owned by her..its her friend.. so in this kinda scenerio, if she run away what should i do?
    Ride safely and enjoy it As quoted in the movie BIKER BOYZ...."Burn rubber,not your soul"

keeok
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i met an accident...... at woodland area and it my first time accident... and i need help.... cos it my first.... along wdland dr44 there left turn to carpark and later right to vista point... i was behind this vehicle abt to turn right to vista point. driver was not slowing down or signalling when i was turning right.. so i turn right upon reaching right turn while turning he also turn right and at that moment after turning right i guess he saw me last min and he signal right... but it was already too late.....i panic and hit front side part of his vehicle...now the problem is that he did not signal earliear last min signal and also no braking light...so what i would like to noe all motorist opinion...what i should do and don't...i went hospital for dressing my injuries statement from tp not yet taken... on monday... and how am i able to claim and procedure... plz help... thanks

Friday13
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taycheekiang View Post
    Hi, just got into an accident with a car,and driver says want to settle as she jus got her driving license..so i say ok , brought me for an xray which cost abt 110 and bike repair cost $2600 . We got black and white stating she will be paying the full cost of the repair by nxt tue 12/06/07. if in any case she decide to back out , does the paper cover as proof? and i got her plate number also , but car was not owned by her..its her friend.. so in this kinda scenerio, if she run away what should i do?
    You got her contact ad IC no rite? She also signed in the b&w document rite? Then if she back out, hire a lawyer and shoot her.
    It is better to keep quiet and remain a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubts...

Dirt_Diver
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got into an accident at aye last mth, i hit a wooden plank and skidded, no pther parties is involved, i have 2nd party and bike shop said i cant make a claim, can i claim from LTA? Anyone had a case similar to me? WEnt to TP headquarters fpr interview and i was not charged with anything.

iman87
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmmm...Possible to claim from LTA if accidents is caused by road hazards stuff like plank, chair. etc on the road?
    I kenna on a flyover and almost both lanes was covered with plastic tube etc provided i got a picture of it.

CoStar
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys, i got into an accident 3 months ago where i hit the back of a car. not because i was reckless but it was a traffic jam and accidently hit the back causing some minor dent in the bumper. the claim letter finally came yesterday. he asking for abt 3k in damages. what are the procedures my insurance company will take? will i have to come out money(other than raising the premium)? does it really take that long to process?

leoman
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got an accident on 25th MAY. Incident happen, Park at parking lot kana knock by a parking bike beside mine. And claim that his bike hit by other that not there.. (Run Away) wait for the owner to come and get his particular, write in black & white.
    Claimed dun know how come his bike knock my bike, after finish work to collect his bike, and write that I request the claim againt his insurance. Should be someone sitting on his bike and cause the bike drop and hit mine..

Went to Idac for a report and to my bikeshop for repaired withness by other partly surveyor and take some photo...

Now the case is. Other partly insurance rejested my claimed and a reason was not the other partly fault's to cause the bike fall on to my bike.. That why my claim not approved..

What can I do? I really want to get and win this case..

Appreicate someone can help..

ah_hong
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi just knocked into a car mirror,cause some stratch on its mirror by my clutch lever. may i know roughy how much to spray?

iMoDspanky88
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation just crashed.

i hit e rear bumper of a mazda 3.there was visible concave dent about 1/10 of the rear bumper. Police came.take statement or something.paramedic came. Is it possible for private settlement? I don't want my insurance premium go up the sky. how?

Non Stop Racing
    im the only one who can walk on both worlds - im Ghostrider
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how bout a simple situtation ? i type out if any part is wrong pls correct me

biker riding. car bang him from behind. he is injured ,bike also damage.

what should the biker do ??

1. take down no plate,ic. house adrress, find witness.

2. call police/tp /ambulance.

3. call ntuc or ur insurance no.????

4. go idac ???? (own bike shop cannot ? ) ??

im lost on 3. and 4. . any advise
    'R6' RedlineRocketRedesignRazor sharpRevolutionaryReward 6.

josephsbs
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Claim from LTA??? Wait long long

Quote Originally Posted by iman87 View Post
    Hmmm...Possible to claim from LTA if accidents is caused by road hazards stuff like plank, chair. etc on the road?
    I kenna on a flyover and almost both lanes was covered with plastic tube etc provided i got a picture of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by N.I.D View Post
    I got into an accident at aye last mth, i hit a wooden plank and skidded, no pther parties is involved, i have 2nd party and bike shop said i cant make a claim, can i claim from LTA? Anyone had a case similar to me? WEnt to TP headquarters fpr interview and i was not charged with anything.
    how we all wish we could file claims from LTA... haven't heard of any and seriously don't think we could be successful.
    if can, then LTA would have to set up a compensation department liow... coz there're so many things on our roads that could cause accidents.

my first and biggest complaint... the road markings are so slippery when wet that many bikers buang when going over them. i'm a very careful rider but also kanne before. can't they use better non-skid materials since technology is so advanced now??? but then, they can easily say don't ride over them lor

may all be well and happy

pengz
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

hey...i might be a little out of place here...cuz i was actually driving when an incident happened...was travelling along robinson road, turning into finlayson green.it was a right bend, and i saw a bike coming extremely close to me somewhere behind on the right side. the guy brake, and thus skidded, or he would have crashed into me. i was just following my own lane, but he claims that i caused him to skid when in my opinion is that he went was too fast and too close to me. he suffered some small cuts and theres a scratch on his bike. we have each others name and contact number and thats it, he did not take any photo or anything else. just wanna know would i be liable for anything as the only reason i stopped was that he skidded right beside me, and i stopped to see what has happened and if i could help but as i've mentioned earlier, he claimed that i caused him to skid.

Wildswans
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggest you talk to him and clear things up. Hope you had taken photos of his bike and injuries.

If still no go then might wanna consider TP and insurance

josephsbs
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is the lane you were traveling on only for right turn or also can go straight?
    if can also go straight and you didn't signal to turn right, then rider might have assumed you'll be going straight and thus thought he could pass you on the right. but to his horror, see you turn right, jammed brake like siow, skid & buang. hmmm... natural that rider will blame you for not signaling, driving "recklessly" and suddenly turning, causing him to buang

if the lane can only do right turn, then its i guess the biker made a pretty bad judgment trying to pass you on the turn. there's little you could do but to slow down or stop. biker buang, he'ld probably say you suddenly cut in or stop for no good reason

as a biker, i'm sad to say this but it seems like the poor chap is trying to find someone to pay for his repairs. sigh... its somewhat human nature to blame and transfer loss to others.

in my opinion, you should cover yourself by lodging a police report at any neighborhood post asap. tell the police officer recording the statement that its for record purpose only, just in case the biker lodge a police report stating a different story. you should also attach a drawing indicating the exact location and relative positions of your car and the bike. if the biker file a claim against you and you don't have any documentary to counter his claims, then you'll be in a very disadvantageous position. you may wanna check with your insurance if you need to fax a copy of police report to them

in any case, riding theory and defensive riding tells us (riders) to keep safe distance and not to overtake on the bend or at turning corners where many driver "piew chiu" 失手. the inner side of a turning vehicle is especially dangerous becoz the available gap for bike to go through closes in towards curb or another vehicle during the turn. worse case situation, kanna hamburger in between 2 vehicles, buang and go under one of them. i ever saw a courier delivery bike go under a lorry at a bend on Keppel Road heading towards railway station. bike gone case, one of biker's legs (shin downwards) also gone case. biker was darn lucky he didn't go under the wheels too. i saw the whole unfortunate episode as i was driving just behind and the scene still stayed in my memory after some 13 years.

cheers
    may all be well and happy

Qrisx
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bros.

do you guys have any lawyer that is very willing to go all the way no matter wat?

my accident goes like this.

my bike was going straight. this car on the opposite side didnt see me and turn right ( my left ) and i got into a head on collision. the green light was in my favor. so to cut the story short, i am right. he is wrong.

but the current lawyer says "you will win but i cannot garentee u get 100% claim." and i dont like that. so i need a lawyer who can confidently say he can win for me 100% of the claim.

so if you guys know anyone, and please not because that lawyer is ur friend or someone you know but more of a good reputation and history, please contact me at 97539764 Qrisx.

Thanks so much.

daniellovestodance
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoStar View Post
    hey guys, i got into an accident 3 months ago where i hit the back of a car. not because i was reckless but it was a traffic jam and accidently hit the back causing some minor dent in the bumper. the claim letter finally came yesterday. he asking for abt 3k in damages. what are the procedures my insurance company will take? will i have to come out money(other than raising the premium)? does it really take that long to process?
    so ex??
    ya hoh can sum1 advise?
    David named his son Harley who many refered to "that's Harley, David's son!"

thread is fast n hard to follow, anything appreciate it if you could pm me

guwakzai
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me share my scenerio, that time i stop at slip rd and 1 lorry hit my box from behind and my bike just roll forward, nv fall down. his lorry dented my box 1 small scratch. b4 he hit me i turned my head looking out for traffic and same time i saw this driver toking on his hp b4 he hit me,..

after he came out of his lorry 1st thing i asked him " r u using ur hp?" he said yes , i demand compensation $500, or i claim insurance..

finally settled for $450 private settlement.
    Is this real?
    http://sg-fashionz.blogspot.com/

PinKcHicK
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guwakzai View Post
    let me share my scenerio, that time i stop at slip rd and 1 lorry hit my box from behind and my bike just roll forward, nv fall down. his lorry dented my box 1 small scratch. b4 he hit me i turned my head looking out for traffic and same time i saw this driver toking on his hp b4 he hit me,..

after he came out of his lorry 1st thing i asked him " r u using ur hp?" he said yes , i demand compensation $500, or i claim insurance..

finally settled for $450 private settlement.
    wow.. ur box muz be some branded H & B box.. costs $500

Dun be an idiot. You live your life and I live mine.

the_scientist85
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had an accident jus now... my fault i makan abit into oposite lane around a bend and head on collision wif oncoming van. we were both slow ard 50km/h i hit the side onli n we both buang. so ya its my fault i admit n we changed particulars. den i told driver claim frm my insurance... den i ciao. so wat am i supposed to do next? btw ii onli got scratches on hands and swollen foot. went NUH n chek noting serious.
    good things come to those who wait

contrarian
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qrisx View Post
    bros.

do you guys have any lawyer that is very willing to go all the way no matter wat?

my accident goes like this.

my bike was going straight. this car on the opposite side didnt see me and turn right ( my left ) and i got into a head on collision. the green light was in my favor. so to cut the story short, i am right. he is wrong.

but the current lawyer says "you will win but i cannot garentee u get 100% claim." and i dont like that. so i need a lawyer who can confidently say he can win for me 100% of the claim.

so if you guys know anyone, and please not because that lawyer is ur friend or someone you know but more of a good reputation and history, please contact me at 97539764 Qrisx.

Thanks so much.
    Your lawyer is being realistic and setting the right expectations for you, instead of not telling you and leaving you to find out at the end when the damages are determined.

A lawyer can tell you when you definitely won't win; but no lawyer should tell you that you definitely will win the case for 100% of the damages because hardly any cases are that clear cut, including yours.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast