zelda1031
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

today noon .....
    i was about to change lane to my right .....
    traffic abit heavy , so i was riding about 20-30kmph and i was looking right ....

than a van from my left hit me ...........side by side and i fall
    minor injury and my tank was dented

but the van uncle insist i'm in the wrong ,..... i sudden move left and hit him , his van got scratches

so he said we note down each others paticulars and let insurance coy settle

i when to my bike shop he intro me to a motor claim company .... and said this shop will help me sent my bike to take photo and make claim ....

now i scare that if the van's insurance win the case that i go knock him how ???

my repair will all paid myself ??? scare e motor shop repair everything and charge me ex ex .........

haiz ....
    ta200 2003-2007
    cb400 spec1 2007-now

contrarian
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zelda1031 View Post
    today noon .....
    traffic abit heavy , so i was riding about 20-30kmph and i was looking right ....

but the van uncle insist i'm in the wrong ,..... i sudden move left and hit him , his van got scratches

so he said we note down each others paticulars and let insurance coy settle

i when to my bike shop he intro me to a motor claim company .... and said this shop will help me sent my bike to take photo and make claim ....

now i scare that if the van's insurance win the case that i go knock him how ???

my repair will all paid myself ??? scare e motor shop repair everything and charge me ex ex .........

haiz ....
    You should report the accident to your own insurer and alert them to the potential claim. You sound like you'd benefit from some advice from them.
    He who hesitates is lost!

Demon
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

today noon .....

If the accident happened like what you described, then it's each to it's own damage, and repair.

I seriously doubt any shop will undertake the repair of your bike before making a successful claim against the van's insurer. Because side to side accidents are almost impossible to pinpoint which party is to be blamed.

You have to be really careful here because some unscrupulous workshop will make you sign an undertaking that in the event of an unsuccessful claim, you will have to bear the full bill.

If the damage is not substantial, and the injuries are superficial, just logged the accident with your insurer, and separately get your bike repaired.

zelda1031
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh ~

i have gone to e bike shop and sign all those stuff =.=

really got unscrupulous workshop ????

i also scare claim fail .... so just only ask them to knock and respray my tank ....
    if claim fail i only need to pay the respray fee .....

but i also sign those papers like hire lawyer , buying documents etc ....

but the boss said if claim fail he will only charge me the respray tank fee ....
    wont con me bah ~

somemore now i very scare of riding on expressway .... jialat
    6 years of riding 1st time accident with other vehicles
    ta200 2003-2007
    cb400 spec1 2007-now

Demon
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh ~

i have gone to e bike shop and sign all those stuff =.=

really got unscrupulous workshop ????

i also scare claim fail .... so just only ask them to knock and respray my tank ....
    if claim fail i only need to pay the respray fee .....

but i also sign those papers like hire lawyer , buying documents etc ....

but the boss said if claim fail he will only charge me the respray tank fee ....
    wont con me bah ~

somemore now i very scare of riding on expressway .... jialat
    6 years of riding 1st time accident with other vehicles
    Hope you are dealing with an honest workshop, but times are bad, and they are as rare as the dodo bird

Like all other things in life, never commit until you have an official quote otherwise it's like an open cheque.

My suggestion is that you go and find out how much is the "respray tank fee" as at least you can be mentally prepared.

kurarensu
    is cute ^^
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorri if i stil sound noobs or wat..

so if accident:

ppl bang me

if he wan private settle:
    - take down his num plate
    - take down his num, ic, name, address
    - write black n white that he willing to pay all the damage and get him to sign
    - bring to ur bikeshop repair, give him receipt

but if he run away how? nv listen phone etc..?

--------------------------

If claim insurance for damages:

same as above, leave it to bikeshop to handle? or we stil mus contact our ntuc(for my case) then go idac? call police, make police report..?

Lousy Noob Rider

contrarian
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kurarensu View Post
    sorri if i stil sound noobs or wat..

so if accident:

ppl bang me

if he wan private settle:
    - take down his num plate
    - take down his num, ic, name, address
    - write black n white that he willing to pay all the damage and get him to sign
    - bring to ur bikeshop repair, give him receipt

but if he run away how? nv listen phone etc..?

--------------------------

If claim insurance for damages:

same as above, leave it to bikeshop to handle? or we stil mus contact our ntuc(for my case) then go idac? call police, make police report..?

Write to his insurer and make a third party claim against it. You have the vehicle number, you can search for his insurer at LTA or onemotoring by paying a fee.

bitterhahas
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

case has been closed
    Last edited by bitterhahas; 29-10-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Skull_Angel
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm ii dunnoe tis is my fault or the driver luh..
    there is 2 right turn lane..so i take the left right turn lane..i was far behind..so i lane change out..
    den lane change back to the left right turn lane..den go infront left side of the first car..i was slowling dwn to a stop..
    therefore the right turn light green ..den the car just accerate & langa mii..F**K he din see infront got bike sia..
    my back of the bike is under the bumper..lolx..the bumper spoil & he wan claim my insurance..so is whose fault?
    Class2B - 11 Dec 08
    Past - Honda Wave 125S
    Current - Kawasaki KRR 150
    Class3 - 26/09/09
    Current - Lancer GLX 1.6
    One Life, Treasure It

Future - YZF R6

dinddong
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to you Guys but I have no Idea on that!
    Im new here in this site!
    This is Dinddong!
    30 yrs. of age!
    I hope I can have more fun and friends here!
    Thanks!
    Good Luck!...

eBook Readers

jtzx
    busy man
    Feedback Score
    8 (90%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2_wheeler View Post
    If an accident involves injury, do not shift the car, call the police immediately. You must also make a police report within 24 hours of an accident involving

1. Damage to a government vehicle or property
    2. A foreign vehicle
    3. A pedestrain or cyclist
    4. A hit-and-run party

How To Make An Own Damage Claim for Repair of Your Vehicle?

1. You are advised to report the accident immediately at the Independent Damage Assessment Centre (Idac) within 24 hours. If you have made a police report, you need to furnish a copy at the Idac.
    2. Please call INCOME's 24 hour hotline: 6788 6616 for location of the nearest Idac.

if no injury and only damage to both parties vehcle, must i make a police report? cause i reported case to IDAC only. And stating "report only"

But "my bike shop" is helping me to make a claim against the driver. must i go back to IDAC to inform them that i'm claiming??

so if i decide to claim the driver for my replacement parts, do i get NTUC income to settle it for me? or my bike shop?
    JOSHUA
    class2B -26/2/09
    class 2A -27/7/10
    class 3 - 6/1/11
    class 2 - 30/8/12

chefiction
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi people, recently i met with an accident, where a taxi driver from oncoming traffic that is turning right didn't give way to me that is traveling straight. From the a passerby that help out, he told me the taxi driver admitted fault to the tp at the scene. I was conveyed to CGH at that point of time, due to fracture and dislocation of my thigh bone and right hand.

After 12 miserable days in the hospital, i was discharged and consulted a lawyer that instructed me to just go to make a police report first. After a week recuperation at home, i proceeded to a neighboring police station to make the report yesterday. I had informed my lawyer that i had made the report already, where he also asked me to photocopy all the documents.

Because of the injuries, i am on clutches and had difficulty of traveling far. My concern here is, i do not know the rest of the procedure of a third party claim that my lawyer mentioned. In addition, how long does it took for the IO to pass the verdict of the case?

nidede
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, can any1 help me? i was involved in an accident. i was travelling near farrer road underpass. When i was coming out of the underpass, (there is 3 lanes for the underpass, i was in the middle lane), when exiting the underpass, the middle lane and the left lane merge into 1 single lane. After coming out from the underpass, there is one accelerating lane on the left. A taxi was driving behind an sbs bus, and the taxi tried to cut into my lane and ovetaking the bus, the taxi brush against the left side of my car causing me to swerve to the right lane and hitting another mercedes. After the taxi hit my car, the taxi swerve to the left and brush against the SBS bus, and bounce back to the right hitting the back of my car and causing my car to spin 180 degree in an anti-clockwise direction, hitting a lamp post at the side of the road and landed just right in front of the sbs bus and since the wheel is still moving, i crash head on with the sbs bus. The bus driver had told me that he saw the taxi was trying to cut into my lane, and there are double white line between accelerating lane and my lane. What are the chances of me winning this case and can i claim everything from comfort since the taxi is the one who hit me causing me to hit the mercedes, lamp post and the sbs bus. I heard comfort is very good at giving excuses and they have higher chances of winning the case as the company is under government. i was driving a toyota previa (similar to toyota estima), the front of the car is crush, left side have visible scratches and the right back of the car was dented. Taxi uncle still blamed me and said his car was crash badly, but actually his car onli suffer scratches.
    Last edited by nidede; 17-02-2010 at 10:08 AM.

contrarian
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nidede View Post
    Hi, can any1 help me? i was involved in an accident. i was travelling near farrer road underpass. When i was coming out of the underpass, (there is 3 lanes for the underpass, i was in the middle lane), when exiting the underpass, the middle lane and the left lane merge into 1 single lane. After coming out from the underpass, there is one accelerating lane on the left. A taxi was driving behind an sbs bus, and the taxi tried to cut into my lane and ovetaking the bus, the taxi brush against the left side of my car causing me to swerve to the right lane and hitting another mercedes. After the taxi hit my car, the taxi swerve to the left and brush against the SBS bus, and bounce back to the right hitting the back of my car and causing my car to spin 180 degree in an anti-clockwise direction, hitting a lamp post at the side of the road and landed just right in front of the sbs bus and since the wheel is still moving, i crash head on with the sbs bus. The bus driver had told me that he saw the taxi was trying to cut into my lane, and there are double white line between accelerating lane and my lane. What are the chances of me winning this case and can i claim everything from comfort since the taxi is the one who hit me causing me to hit the mercedes, lamp post and the sbs bus. I heard comfort is very good at giving excuses and they have higher chances of winning the case as the company is under government. i was driving a toyota previa (similar to toyota estima), the front of the car is crush, left side have visible scratches and the right back of the car was dented. Taxi uncle still blamed me and said his car was crash badly, but actually his car onli suffer scratches.
    Yours is a complex case as it involves many vehicles. This is not the place for speculation especially if you believe in things coming from "I heard...". Work closely with your insurer as you and your insurer will have to defend against other claims anyway.

phuongtim39
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I accept with information: If towing service is needed, you can call Idac's 24-hour hotline at 1800 887 5151 for towing at no charge to you; At the Idac, you will be required to file an accident report and submit a claim to your insurance company; Idac will assess the damage to your car and we will authorise repair within two working days; Your car will be repaired at a workshop selected by Income in accordance with the policy conditions; Policyholders who are clearly not at fault and the third party is not insured with NTUC Income, can lodge a claim against the third party.

itsonfire
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys. in need of explanation.

i got into and accident on the 8th of july. it was a 3 lane one way road. centre lane and middle lane has directional arrows printed straight only. while the right most lane has a sharing arrow; straight and turn right. i was travelling on the right most lane(1st lane). and the car was travelling on the middle lane (2nd lane). he was ahead of me. but without signaling, he turned into the right from his lane and i haf a very short amount of time to react. so i hit the driver's door. as there wasnt serious injury involved, i managed to exchange particulars except for his insurance company and his address. however i didnt called the ambulance nor the TP. instead i towed the bike to my bike shop. and proceeded to the A&E @ CGH to do and xray and managed to get a 3 day MC. i then proceeded to make a police report.

this is where the problem starts. the very nextday i went to the bike shop and was told to head down to the idac and make a report. all was done. and idac has taken pictures of my bike. i got a call from the lawyer the next day and head down to his office. after that i never heard from the lawfirm for 3 weeks. and meanwhile my bike hasnt been done up. i was told by my bike shop that he cant do anything until he get a greenlight from the lawyer. but since we tried reaching the lawyer be it by phone or smses, all was to no avail. the bike shop arraged to get me another lawyer and a letter was sent to the previous lawfirm stating that i want them to stop acting for me. its almost 2 moths now and my bike shop still hasnt done anything to the bike. he kept on saying the surveyor hasnt handed over the quotation to him thus he cant do repairs to the bike nor can he start to order the bike parts.

Question is;
    1) Is he(bikeshop) right to say that the bike cant be done up due to the surveyor hasnt gave him the quotation?
    2) Am i right to say that the bike shop should order the bike parts and fix it even before the claim settles? And if he wants me to pay upfront, it shuld only be done when the bike is fix up am i right?
    3) the bike shop nw asks me to pay for my own fairings since i told him i got a connection that theres a set of fairing selling at a cheap price as he claims that he cant be able to find a set of fairings asap. i thought i could help him by telling him that. but instead he said if i want the bike to be out faster, i can go and use my own money to buy the fairings myself. should i do that? but if i do, i wouldnt need the bikeshop to claim for me after all right?
    4) maximum time for the bike shop to process and do up my bike is?
    5)if i want to stop using the bike shop service and the lawyer and i want to go to a better place, how should i do it? how much would the lawyer fees be since i cancelled their service as they had submitted the report to the law-firm?

your advices will be greatly appreciated. as till today nothing has been done to my darling bike and that i tried to ask the bike shop but got a scolding instead and ask me to wait. but its been too long now. what should i do. thanks guy in advance. any kind hearted rider willing to help? thanks..
    -=fire gives life but to also take them away=-

ldslds
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi i was involved in an accident with a black Toyota Mark X on 13 Jan 11 in between 6.30pm to 7pm.... i am trying to look for a few biker bros who offered to help me lift the bike and whoever witness the accident.... please contact me at 91883356 , thank you very much for your help, i am riding the cb400 boldor tri colou

BY GODSENDWORX=)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305185-ldslds-GARAGE-SALES!!

Jehuty
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If self skid, cannot claim must repair from your own pocket right?

karlz99
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help

I am an In'l student in Malaysia. I still dunno, Y d F*** did I buy a S'pore bike?
    It was on 2010 april 23rd, I got my '03 r1 4m a Malay private seller for about 25k
    But he refused 2 give me d insurance papers.I clearly remember, insurance was valid till AUG 2010. finally my worst night mare became true,On june 12th 2010( when worldcup football kicked off) sme ******** nicked my bike, breaching all the security 4m my apartment.Since U all knw, how foreigners are treated in Msia,especially those who can't speak bahasa Malayu, Police had blew up my case into ashes! They r damn confident tat I will neva get back my BIKE . Nw my net option was to claim insurance...
    when I called d previous owner, he straight fold lied to me tat, he misplaced insurance papers! Now WHAT SHALL I DO?
    I am HELPLESS...I need Justice!

nicdada
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been actively avoiding discussing this cheapest louis vuitton bag with you all. It is not because I wanted to keep the goodness from you, rather the fact that I am still shocked Louis Vuitton made this line. And I really quite like the Spring 2010 cheapest louis vuitton bags, being extremely pleased with my purchases from the Spring collection, the Monogram Cheche Bohemian and foxy tail.
    Then we have this bag, the Louis Vuitton Raindrop Besace. You must read on to see what I am talking about.

______________________________________________________________________________

A rare opportunity to discount of the cheapest louis vuitton!

coachpeo
    coachpeo
    has no status.
    Edit

Hello,everybody.I am a newer here.I like to make friends.If u are the people that like to make friends too,just contact me.Haha.

koshownsyou
    www.soundcloud.com/dj-kosh
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some help here.

Was hit by a taxi while giving way at a filter lane, he hit me from behind as a result of not stopping even when there were vehicles on the main rd.

Got up and took photos, and took down his particulars and license no etc.

He told me he wanted to settle privately, i agreed and we proceeded to a workshop of my choice.

Was quoted 800++ for the damages, and the driver said it was too much.

Then i decided to claim through his insurance, informed my insurance company, went to idac the next day ( within 24 hrs ) and got the accident report.

And how do i actually make claims for loss of income etc, if im holding a part time job?
    So now i submitted all documents to my workshop and they are doing the claim for me.

Is there anything im missing out, and does anyone know if i need to wait for the other party's insurance to cover the cost of the repairs or do i have to fork it out first.

XxPJYxX
    L Plate dropped in 2008.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koshownsyou View Post
    Need some help here.

Was hit by a taxi while giving way at a filter lane, he hit me from behind as a result of not stopping even when there were vehicles on the main rd.

Got up and took photos, and took down his particulars and license no etc.

He told me he wanted to settle privately, i agreed and we proceeded to a workshop of my choice.

Was quoted 800++ for the damages, and the driver said it was too much.

Then i decided to claim through his insurance, informed my insurance company, went to idac the next day ( within 24 hrs ) and got the accident report.

And how do i actually make claims for loss of income etc, if im holding a part time job?
    So now i submitted all documents to my workshop and they are doing the claim for me.

Is there anything im missing out, and does anyone know if i need to wait for the other party's insurance to cover the cost of the repairs or do i have to fork it out first.
    If the workshop assigns u a lawyer, u don't have to fork any money out... If they do not, then I'm not sure myself... Been involved in 2 motor vehicles accidents but both with lawyers... Took about 2-3 years to get the money... So I'm sure it will take longer without lawyer...

koshownsyou
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, they did assign me a lawyer.

It will take 2-3 years??? Its with T****cab.

So i have to pay the damage upfront first?

Mine is a motorcycle btw

XxPJYxX
    L Plate dropped in 2008.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need to pay upfront, they will get it from the lawyer assigned to u... Yours is a sure win case, so I don't think they will get from u...

koshownsyou
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for that info!

danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beside loss of income. U should of coz c doctor. And make sure full detailed check. Any small minor thing hair loss, itchy, small skin peel, scratch here or there, pee pain, knee, ankle watever pain.

Anyway u get e pic. Do a proper check and insist on checking any minor thing tat u feel. Even if it is very very tiny feeling get e doc check and claim.

This type of driver f up. Claim max. U shouldnt even ve considered private settle. Thankfully e driver dun wan pay. But i understand e emotion during tat moment beco my fren kanna before exact same thing as u except not taxi.

Remember c doc!! Can c 2nd 3rd time as long as u give all e reason i related to incident.
    WTS: Yamaha FZ1S 07
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/404820-WTS-Yamaha-FZ1S-07?p=8036785#post8036785

ocel
    Diversion 600
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was involve in a accident n till nw bike nt yet release frm tp base. Call up the i.surance they say wait.for bike release. Shop also stated the same. Bt aint we.suppose report 24 hr after accident?. I did made a police report n case under inveatigation. So should i just go to the i.surance office n get more clarification? N get a lawyer while since i hav a witness.
    do not DRINK n RIDE

koshownsyou
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielling1981 View Post
    Beside loss of income. U should of coz c doctor. And make sure full detailed check. Any small minor thing hair loss, itchy, small skin peel, scratch here or there, pee pain, knee, ankle watever pain.

Anyway u get e pic. Do a proper check and insist on checking any minor thing tat u feel. Even if it is very very tiny feeling get e doc check and claim.

This type of driver f up. Claim max. U shouldnt even ve considered private settle. Thankfully e driver dun wan pay. But i understand e emotion during tat moment beco my fren kanna before exact same thing as u except not taxi.

Remember c doc!! Can c 2nd 3rd time as long as u give all e reason i related to incident.
    Just got a call from the bikeshop, apparently the driver made some contradicting statement and the surveyor does not want to come to survey the damages -_-.

Luckily i got a witness that is very helpful.

- Loss of income due to Medical Leave issued by Changi General Hospital on 21st and 22nd June 2012.
    -Loss of use of vehicle from _____________ to ____________.
    -Transportation cost arising from loss of use of vehicle from ____________to___________.

Anymore i should claim?

danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medical fees from current checkup and anything future.
    Any injuries or watever thing tat may cause u to not be able to perform at ur optimum lvl arising in reduce income or pay raise
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/404820-WTS-Yamaha-FZ1S-07?p=8036785#post8036785

koshownsyou
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medical fees from current checkup and anything future.
    Any injuries or watever thing tat may cause u to not be able to perform at ur optimum lvl arising in reduce income or pay raise
    Thanks!

The bike shop told me the insurance surveyor doesnt want to come down.

Are'nt they breaching the rules here?

And IDAC did not ask for any photos from the accident.

danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koshownsyou View Post
    Thanks!

The bike shop told me the insurance surveyor doesnt want to come down.

Are'nt they breaching the rules here?

And IDAC did not ask for any photos from the accident.
    Not too sure but this type of thing very sensitive. Best if u put in more effort keep calling ur insurance and track closely wat is happening. Dun just assuming things r fine.

I think got rider before kanna a lorry driver spin story become bike fault an became court case rather than simple claim.

koshownsyou
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this has nothing to do with my insurance cause im claiming that guy?

danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm not wrong, ur insurance will pay then claim from e other guys insurance. If I'm wrong then i should rephrase and u should call HIS insurance company every hr to chase.

Just thinking abit wildly. But e insurance can later say e claim void becoz e inspection not done in 24 hr? Not sure if possible.

Insurance claim is a very complex claim. U should also call ur own insurance for clearer advice. If u very sure ur case can win, should also consider engaging lawyer to help fight and chase. Then all e lawyer fees will charge to e claim. Already wat 3 days?

Edit: read e older post and saw u got a assigned lawyer. Then pester e lawyer instead. Their time is paid for. Dun be scared to call and make them work.

koshownsyou
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm not wrong, ur insurance will pay then claim from e other guys insurance. If I'm wrong then i should rephrase and u should call HIS insurance company every hr to chase.

Just thinking abit wildly. But e insurance can later say e claim void becoz e inspection not done in 24 hr? Not sure if possible.

Insurance claim is a very complex claim. U should also call ur own insurance for clearer advice. If u very sure ur case can win, should also consider engaging lawyer to help fight and chase. Then all e lawyer fees will charge to e claim. Already wat 3 days?

Edit: read e older post and saw u got a assigned lawyer. Then pester e lawyer instead. Their time is paid for. Dun be scared to call and make them work.
    Inspection was done within 24 hours, and thanks for your replies

Will submit the handwritten statement of the witness to the bikeshop tomorrow!

XxPJYxX
    L Plate dropped in 2008.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toyota Vios, grey car, hit me and the impact sent me hitting the Hyundai in front... Backache, chest pain, swollen left thigh and arms aching from the impact which sandwiched me between the two cars... Took ambulance to NUH and given 4days MC... Follow up on 5th July at polyclinic... He offered to settle privately... But I was thinking ,"my Arlen Ness jacket scratched on the road, $850. My yoshi titanium fire specs legally modded bent beyond recognition, $850(pipe) & $250(legal mod). My full face helmet scratched on the road, together with my Bluetooth headset few hundred dollars. My number plate bent. My rear hugger break. My head fairing crack/scratch/trade paint with front car. My brake lever bent 90 degrees. My signal light break. My side fairings crack. My pillion seat tore. My tail fairing crack. My Oakley sunglasses scratched I dunno how. And FYI, this is only the visible damages. I can't tell about the rear rim alignment or the front rim or the rear suspension or the front forks... U got money to settle all this? 10k full cash private settlement including my injury? I think I better claim your insurance to play safe." so I took the ambulance to NUH... will update u guys again... And just to let u guys know, this incident happened at 10:30am along choa Chu Kang road on the 30th June 2012...

danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya better claim insurance. Car excess usually 5k. He must be thinking will be below tat amt tat y suggest private settle. Medical alone can easily above 5k.

Pls insist on full body check up including mri, brain scan, etc. Theres a lot to check for full full FULL detail body check.

samsontok
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XxPJYxX View Post

Toyota Vios, grey car, hit me and the impact sent me hitting the Hyundai in front... Backache, chest pain, swollen left thigh and arms aching from the impact which sandwiched me between the two cars... Took ambulance to NUH and given 4days MC... Follow up on 5th July at polyclinic... He offered to settle privately... But I was thinking ,"my Arlen Ness jacket scratched on the road, $850. My yoshi titanium fire specs legally modded bent beyond recognition, $850(pipe) & $250(legal mod). My full face helmet scratched on the road, together with my Bluetooth headset few hundred dollars. My number plate bent. My rear hugger break. My head fairing crack/scratch/trade paint with front car. My brake lever bent 90 degrees. My signal light break. My side fairings crack. My pillion seat tore. My tail fairing crack. My Oakley sunglasses scratched I dunno how. And FYI, this is only the visible damages. I can't tell about the rear rim alignment or the front rim or the rear suspension or the front forks... U got money to settle all this? 10k full cash private settlement including my injury? I think I better claim your insurance to play safe." so I took the ambulance to NUH... will update u guys again... And just to let u guys know, this incident happened at 10:30am along choa Chu Kang road on the 30th June 2012...
    Once ambulance called, it consider police case. Insurance will only pay whatever factory fitted on your bike, you can forget about your add on.

Just my 02 cents.
    Live To Ride, Ride To Live.

XxPJYxX
    L Plate dropped in 2008.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samsontok View Post
    Once ambulance called, it consider police case. Insurance will only pay whatever factory fitted on your bike, you can forget about your add on.

Just my 02 cents.
    Oh don't worry... My bike is 20 years old... I can assure u that parts are either very hard to find or very expensive... and I don't mind getting another stock end can to sell... and if what u said is true, den why bother paying money to LTA to get the pipe certification for your bike if insurance gonna pay for factory pipe if your aftermarket pipe gets damaged in an accident which is completely not your fault?

XxPJYxX
    L Plate dropped in 2008.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And my paintwork was just done... Now my tank is dented and my paintwork cracked... Can I get a new tank? No... Why? I dunno... Or how about my headers? It's bent completely out of shape... Can I get a new header? And my radiator I just changed recently, now it's leaking coolant, can I change a new one? And my fork is bent, can I change a new factory one? Or my rims? Or my chain and sprocket? Huh? I can assure u that its at least 10k there on my bike alone... Factory or non factory... Lmao... đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ťand I have to change the engine part which connects the header to the engine, because the impact was so big that the part there was completely dislodged from all the ports... Lmao... I think he's gonna sell his car after I claim against him... Lmao...

samsontok
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XxPJYxX View Post
    Oh don't worry... My bike is 20 years old... I can assure u that parts are either very hard to find or very expensive... and I don't mind getting another stock end can to sell... and if what u said is true, den why bother paying money to LTA to get the pipe certification for your bike if insurance gonna pay for factory pipe if your aftermarket pipe gets damaged in an accident which is completely not your fault?
    True, if the claim is more than the bike value the insurance company will pay market value of the bike.

danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically u can claim anything and everything base on stock parts value evaluated at current market value. U may be surprise how low e price will be for ur 20 year bike. It is how e fup insurance works. We end consumer will lose.

In ur case, u wont be getting a rand new bike nor parts. Becoz ur bike rvf? 20 ur? Value maybe around few k only.

Anything tat is after market will sux it up. Eg: u brand a 1st bike value 22k. U install after market exhaust worth 4k. If u sell to another owner can pray get 26k. But if claim insurance will claim BELOW 20k.

So u just hope to cut loss rather than make profit. Especially in e area of medical and health. Make sure proper checks. Ur bike, if repair cost more than value = claim value only. Basically whichever is lower.

XxPJYxX
    L Plate dropped in 2008.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically u can claim anything and everything base on stock parts value evaluated at current market value. U may be surprise how low e price will be for ur 20 year bike. It is how e fup insurance works. We end consumer will lose.

In ur case, u wont be getting a rand new bike nor parts. Becoz ur bike rvf? 20 ur? Value maybe around few k only.

Anything tat is after market will sux it up. Eg: u brand a 1st bike value 22k. U install after market exhaust worth 4k. If u sell to another owner can pray get 26k. But if claim insurance will claim BELOW 20k.

So u just hope to cut loss rather than make profit. Especially in e area of medical and health. Make sure proper checks. Ur bike, if repair cost more than value = claim value only. Basically whichever is lower.
    How to know the market value of my bike? Cbr400rr... Coe end next year April...

XxPJYxX
    L Plate dropped in 2008.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible to settle privately after TP came to scene?

danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rough estimate is ur scrap value++

not sure if after to come can settle private. But claim ins should still be higher than private. Dun think pple will offer riders good price. And risk of default also.

XxPJYxX
    L Plate dropped in 2008.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rough estimate is ur scrap value++

not sure if after to come can settle private. But claim ins should still be higher than private. Dun think pple will offer riders good price. And risk of default also.
    Lol... Scrap value how to check???

danielling1981
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go onemotoring.com and look for e e services and enquire about scrap value. I think its also known as PAR value.

samsontok
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motorbike no PARF, insurance company will market lower than current bikeshop selling price. Wish you all the best.

whitepomfret
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karlz99 View Post
    I am an In'l student in Malaysia. I still dunno, Y d F*** did I buy a S'pore bike?
    It was on 2010 april 23rd, I got my '03 r1 4m a Malay private seller for about 25k
    But he refused 2 give me d insurance papers.I clearly remember, insurance was valid till AUG 2010. finally my worst night mare became true,On june 12th 2010( when worldcup football kicked off) sme ******** nicked my bike, breaching all the security 4m my apartment.Since U all knw, how foreigners are treated in Msia,especially those who can't speak bahasa Malayu, Police had blew up my case into ashes! They r damn confident tat I will neva get back my BIKE . Nw my net option was to claim insurance...
    when I called d previous owner, he straight fold lied to me tat, he misplaced insurance papers! Now WHAT SHALL I DO?
    I am HELPLESS...I need Justice!

Karlz99,

You should read the legalities before buying any big think like a vehicle. At the transfer, you would have had to furnish insurance certificate at LTA. If you didn't do so, then you're on your own. probably the purchase might not even be legal for all you know. No bikes "come with insurance" when you buy from an individual (private seller). Bike shops settle everything for the buyer and insurance papers are given on the spot before the new owner of the pre-loved bike rides it away.

Read these on OneMotoring.

Take this as an pricey lesson in life's journey. If you learn from it, I hope that it'll save you from an even more expensive one in the future.

Take care.
    Why rush? It's the journey, not the destination ...
    Moto Guzzi Breva v1100ie '07
    Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92
    Honda Pacific Coast '98
    Yamaha V-Max '93
    BMW K100 '83
    Kawasaki GpZ900 Ninja '89
    Honda CB 750 FII '97
    BMW R100G/S Paris Dakar Classic '95
    Honda CB 250 RS '88

crazydj
    is the Master of Magical Fuel Penguins
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guys,

If you claim against someone, then if the other party don't want to reply and give and offer an i am summoned to court with my lawyer, what will happen in court? How does this process work? Anyone with experience with claiming from someone and the matter was brought up to court share their experience?
    [2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast