bobokw
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to ask, lets say I'm a P-Plate and my insurance cost $700~ per year.
    If I met with an accident and 3rd party is claiming from my insurance company, approx how much will my premium go up next year?

virux
    has status : NA
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Bikers,

I've got accident on last week and would like to get advice on claim process ( especially NTUC).
    I had done police report, NTUC ARC report, and bike is at workshop.
    So far from other party, I had been known that also from NTUC policy holder however my insurance is just normal ( i think classic not include Fire and theft, third party only).

My case is at fault by other party and police told me they will inform detail about the charged against other party.

Workshop report me that IDAC has not been done and not yet filing because both surveyor need to check/picture/assest the bike then able to file the IDAC and claim process can start, but the other party's surveyor has not come to check the bike. Looks strange to me. Any advice?

Help me advice on

Anybody got experience on claiming from NTUC and how things work?
    both party under NTUC and the claim will be from mine?

RaidoN
    ^^
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by virux View Post
    Hi Bikers,

I've got accident on last week and would like to get advice on claim process ( especially NTUC).
    I had done police report, NTUC ARC report, and bike is at workshop.
    So far from other party, I had been known that also from NTUC policy holder however my insurance is just normal ( i think classic not include Fire and theft, third party only).

My case is at fault by other party and police told me they will inform detail about the charged against other party.

Workshop report me that IDAC has not been done and not yet filing because both surveyor need to check/picture/assest the bike then able to file the IDAC and claim process can start, but the other party's surveyor has not come to check the bike. Looks strange to me. Any advice?

Help me advice on

Anybody got experience on claiming from NTUC and how things work?
    both party under NTUC and the claim will be from mine?
    Proceed to any IDAC centre if you haven do so, from there if you're unsure about what to fill up they will guide u.
    If i'm not wrong, if both party are NTUC, you can just claim under your own insurance, your premium and NCD will remain if TP final verdict out saying that is not your fault.

virux
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the info RaidoN,
    I can't get leave now and gotta go down to workshop and IDAC center on sat.
    Is there any time period limitation for the claim process like only within 30 days the claim must submit kind of?
    I know that Accident Reporting needs to be done within 24 hours and it has been done.

Lang55esan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagreed on the sum to be returned and so he's going to leave the case to his boss.

RaidoN
    ^^
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the info RaidoN,
    I can't get leave now and gotta go down to workshop and IDAC center on sat.
    Is there any time period limitation for the claim process like only within 30 days the claim must submit kind of?
    I know that Accident Reporting needs to be done within 24 hours and it has been done.
    Even after 1 year from the date of accident you decided to claim, you are still able to claim against third party that's what my insurance coy told me not sure about yours, give a call and clarify your doubt is the easiest and faster way.
    Police report / IDAC should make within 24hrs unless you're warded to hospital. Keep all your hospital bills, taxi receipt to hospital, everything related to the accident.

Royce675
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had a accident last night.. taxi making illegal U-turn and i went into it.. wat shd i do if i haven get the info of the other party cos i was sent to hospital right after it occured...

Oakley Sunglasses

RaidoN
    ^^
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Royce675 View Post
    i had a accident last night.. taxi making illegal U-turn and i went into it.. wat shd i do if i haven get the info of the other party cos i was sent to hospital right after it occured...

Oakley Sunglasses

After you discharged, go and make a police report or go ubi TP. Base on your situation, once ambulance was called, TP will be at the scene and your case will be handled by 1 IO. You will received a letter soon or later.

virux
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RaidoN seems much experienced

TP decision on whose fault , takes how long normally.
    The TP officer told me they will send how other party charged by post mail but so far no news.
    The Claim decision also relate to this how TP charge?

Let me check the spoil items during incident able to claim?
    My helmet/watch/shoes total cause more than 400 all unusable. Does these can be claim?

The insurance claim meaning only for the repiar costs? What about compensation, legal fees, medical fees?

Also another question, The legal fees during insurance claim, this auto deducted by lawyer itself after successful calim?
    Workshop quote price will be goes by Lawyer / one party to workshop or lawyer to workshop?

Thanks for your input guys sory i got many questions.

XxPJYxX
    L Plate dropped in 2008.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RaidoN seems much experienced

TP decision on whose fault , takes how long normally.
    The TP officer told me they will send how other party charged by post mail but so far no news.
    The Claim decision also relate to this how TP charge?

Let me check the spoil items during incident able to claim?
    My helmet/watch/shoes total cause more than 400 all unusable. Does these can be claim?

The insurance claim meaning only for the repiar costs? What about compensation, legal fees, medical fees?

Also another question, The legal fees during insurance claim, this auto deducted by lawyer itself after successful calim?
    Workshop quote price will be goes by Lawyer / one party to workshop or lawyer to workshop?

Thanks for your input guys sory i got many questions.
    Depends on the severity of the case and injuries... If hospitalized, normally take less than a month to see the TP charging the other party. If no visible injuries and not much damage, they might not charge the other party.

Claims, repair cost of the bike will be done by a damage surveyor appointed by the law firm to assess the damages. Loss of use claim also depends on the surveyor. U can only claim for the duration it takes to repair the bike. Example, your bike at the workshop for 3 months waiting for parts to arrive, the surveyor assess it takes 1 week to repair your bike, u can only claim 1 week loss of use. It happened to me before.

As for damaged personal items like iPhone, watch, helmet, jacket, gloves etc, u will have to provide receipt if possible to claim back partial amount from the other party insurance.

Legal fees, if u settle privately with the other party, u will have to pay for the legal fees incurred. If they offer u an amount, and u accept their offer, u will have to deduct the legal fees from the amount they offered.

If the amount they offered is too low and u go to court to fight the case, the judge award u with an amount higher than their offer, they will bear the legal fees.

If the judge award u an amount lower than what the other party offered, u will have to bear the legal fees.

Medical fees, keep all receipts from hospitals, clinics, taxi cabs from the date of the accident. It has to be produced in court to claim for the amount of medical expenses relating to the accident and cost of transport to the medical appointments.

Hope this information helps...

virux
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the detail info XxPJYxX . It helps much.
    Sory your nick seems like auto spam nick and was neglect to view update.

It is true that personal items, unable to claim, who will save all the vouchers for 1 year 2 year??????

Btw, can we know how much legal fees roundly?

RaidoN
    ^^
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the detail info XxPJYxX . It helps much.
    Sory your nick seems like auto spam nick and was neglect to view update.

It is true that personal items, unable to claim, who will save all the vouchers for 1 year 2 year??????

Btw, can we know how much legal fees roundly?
    If you win the case find a w/shop that helps you for your bike repair. For your own injuries, you can either find other law firm example HOH or usually the bikeshop itself got their lawyer to help you claim for your loss.

How much is the legal fee? We don't know need find out yourself.

If you won the case 100% lets say total 50k. As this is a huge amount, court will be involved. The lawyer then will tell the judge that this is the fee they gna charge the 3rd party. Lets say 10k. So, 15% of 10k is $1500. $1500 will be deducted from 50k and the remaining is yours. Why court will be involved? Like i said amt is huge, the lawyer and the insurance coy can buck up and cheat your money. It happend before =).

virux
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see Raidon, thanks for sharing. Hope everything fine with my case
    I just afraid finally i gotta pay myself then die die

XxPJYxX
    L Plate dropped in 2008.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see Raidon, thanks for sharing. Hope everything fine with my case
    I just afraid finally i gotta pay myself then die die
    Personal items like watches, laptops, hand phones are not covered in your insurance policy... But u can try to claim the amount from the driver who caused the accident if u have sufficient evidence to substantiate your claim, examples like receipts of purchase, or photographs of the retail price of the items. And raidon is correct on the legal fees part... But also must be aware that there is a court indication of percentage. Example I'm claiming $200k from the driver, court indicates that the driver is not 100% at fault, so the judge will determine the percentage that he's at fault, in my case 80%. The judge said I was partially at fault, for whatever reason... So I will get 80% of what the judge awards me with.

So I claim 200k, driver offer me 40k, I refuse to accept his offer. Court indication 80%. Fight in court, judge awards me 150k. 80% of 150k is 120k. Legal fees are about 30k. 15% of 30k is 4.5k. So after deducting everything, I only can take home $115.5k... Hope this helps...

Smintboy
    love life to the fullest
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My less than 2 month old CBR600rr '13 was parked at my carpark last Saturday. And it was hit by a Van on that night nearing to midnight. I only got to discover the accident on Sunday morning when I go to my bike, a letter was left on my bike by TP to contact the IO & was told to go make a police report and the necessary paper work. gotten all the photos from some neighbour bikers who parked at the same carpark & was told my bike was one of three that got hit, and the van was struck on the kerb unable to move.... police and all came down... but my neighbours only got to the carpark when all the involve bikes have been put up-right. Also the kerb were damage, therefore consider govt porperty dmg
    Today I have went down to Idac to report my accident, and approach the bike shop I got my bike from... They advice me this kind of cases usually the can only claim up to 65%... also, they will have to wait for TP to finalize who hits my bike...

Any advise on what I can do?
    1. if can only claim up to 65%..the other 35% do I have to fill up myself?
    2. Should I engage my own lawyer to fight the case for a 100% claim on all the damages or shlould I wait for the final result?
    3. Any good Lawyer to recommend?
    4. usually how long will TP conclude the case when govt properties are involved?
    2007 Dec: CBR 150
    2009 Mar: GSR 400
    2013 Aug: CBR 600rr

Life & Time is a PERISHABLE RESOURCES, therefore LIVE it to the FULLEST

loved
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smintboy View Post
    My less than 2 month old CBR600rr '13 was parked at my carpark last Saturday. And it was hit by a Van on that night nearing to midnight. I only got to discover the accident on Sunday morning when I go to my bike, a letter was left on my bike by TP to contact the IO & was told to go make a police report and the necessary paper work. gotten all the photos from some neighbour bikers who parked at the same carpark & was told my bike was one of three that got hit, and the van was struck on the kerb unable to move.... police and all came down... but my neighbours only got to the carpark when all the involve bikes have been put up-right. Also the kerb were damage, therefore consider govt porperty dmg
    Today I have went down to Idac to report my accident, and approach the bike shop I got my bike from... They advice me this kind of cases usually the can only claim up to 65%... also, they will have to wait for TP to finalize who hits my bike...

Any advise on what I can do?
    1. if can only claim up to 65%..the other 35% do I have to fill up myself?
    2. Should I engage my own lawyer to fight the case for a 100% claim on all the damages or shlould I wait for the final result?
    3. Any good Lawyer to recommend?
    4. usually how long will TP conclude the case when govt properties are involved?
    Wah don't tell me you're the chai chee case? Anyway help you up for answers! If possible try a few bike shops for their take as well. Cause you never know of your bike shop wanna makan you. Good luck!

Smintboy
    love life to the fullest
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loved View Post
    Wah don't tell me you're the chai chee case? Anyway help you up for answers! If possible try a few bike shops for their take as well. Cause you never know of your bike shop wanna makan you. Good luck!
    mine is the one at Bedok North Ave 2..
    Best part I only have that Van veh nos. the rest of the bikes involve i dun have detail.. Asked for the other veh nos fromTP IO today. She ask me to get my shop to proceed with the reports thru my workshop and get them to get the lawyer to buy the report...
    damn **** up...

I am thinking of running to some bike shop for a 2nd, 3rd opinion...
    2007 Dec: CBR 150
    2009 Mar: GSR 400
    2013 Aug: CBR 600rr

Life & Time is a PERISHABLE RESOURCES, therefore LIVE it to the FULLEST

leong77
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys,

Just submit a claim to the insurer insuring the van. Once you got the vehicle plate number, it is easy to trace.

If small case, need not go to lawyer. It would be much faster if you could get someone who knows how to settle with insurer deirectly. I always believe in fast compensation. Unless there is serious injury, i would get a lawyer to assist me.

Good lucks

yongboyboy
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I stopped by at filter lane behind the give way line, this car from behind kissed me and cause me to lose balance and fell. thereafter my bike could not start and had a few scratches. what the driver offered was only $150... should i file a claim against him or should i request for more for private settlement. riding spec 2 btw

jayz
    ORD LOH
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yongboyboy View Post
    As I stopped by at filter lane behind the give way line, this car from behind kissed me and cause me to lose balance and fell. thereafter my bike could not start and had a few scratches. what the driver offered was only $150... should i file a claim against him or should i request for more for private settlement. riding spec 2 btw
    got evidence? witness?

claim is better.
    Yamaha x1
    Honda super 4 spec 1

yongboyboy
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too bad for me. i didnt manage to take down number from any witness. however i have the pictures of the scene.did not suffer any injury.

W.L
    ORD
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Afternoon bros,

Just wanna check if anybody know what will be the waiting time,roughly how many months, will the third party insurance company get back to us regarding the third-party claim(finalized).

Is there a time frame? Or they can take as long as they want?

Thanks in advance!

@swat_
    is wondering if anyone reads this..
    Lat (DMS) 1° 21' 24N Long (DMS) 103° 53' 27E
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was wondering on how much can a premium escalate for nxt renewal aft being claimed by other party?

Other than ncd back to 0% what other factors wld contribute to an increased premium?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

RaidoN
    ^^
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my case, I got claimed about 1.9k. my premium increased double...

Andr3w
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any bros or sis has any experience claiming from a drink driver?

anyone claims against the driver for bike damages was refuted and had to paid first then ask lawyer to proceed with civil sue?

if uncomfortable with revealing certain details , pls pm me.

cheers!!
    Die hard Fan of Modern Creation Munich.

gardian87
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted ...
    Last edited by gardian87; 13-07-2014 at 09:36 AM.

y0shimi
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andr3w View Post
    any bros or sis has any experience claiming from a drink driver?

anyone claims against the driver for bike damages was refuted and had to paid first then ask lawyer to proceed with civil sue?

if uncomfortable with revealing certain details , pls pm me.

cheers!!
    I know its kind of late for this reply. But for benefits of other road users, like to share this.

Drink driving = insurer repudiate liability (layman term = wash hand and say "none of our biz")
    2 scenarios
    For property damage (Costs of repairs and loss of use)
    -GG.com, no hope, insurers dun give a damn
    - can try to claim from the owner of the third party vehicle. 99.99% cannot get anything back

For Personal injury (Pain and sufferings, medical bills etc)
    - Get a lawyer, please go to those which specialise in accident claims (will touch on this later)
    - Long process which involved commencing legal actions and going to court all the way to trial (1 - 2 years)
    - Third party insurers will pay you whatever the court indicated and later by their own means get the money back from their client. (nothing to do with us, so dun care)

Ok as to why I am saying that it is important to go to accident claims lawyer. Normal lawyers will charge you for their legal fees. They will ask you to pay for it which end of the day makes your claim pointless.
    Accident claim lawyers know and understand that their legal costs will be paid by the 3rd party insurers end of the day. They will not ask you for any upfront payment. The only situation they will ask you for any payment is when they had advised you that you are at the losing end or evidences are not in your favor. Should you wish to pursue the matter, they will require you to make a sum of payment (unsure how much) and also advise you that in the event you really lose the case, you are required to pay additional legal costs to the 3rd party lawyers. So make sure you speak to your lawyer and clarify before making any harsh decision.

nasuki89
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone, need some help and recommendations...
    Also seeking for witnesses..

I had an accident on 23 Oct 14, along PIE(CHANGI), just entered PIE from jalan bahar. was at about 1130am.
    I ride a red hayabusa, whole bike was flipped over.. =(
    Pics found here(https://www.facebook.com/DynastyMoto...88941714615813)
    I can be contacted at 815seven154eight

after reading through several pages here, it seems that this claims can take forever.. can I get my bikeshop to repair my bike first and i pay cash? when the claims get through then the bikeshop pay me back.

virux
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class 2 rider so, assumed you aware most of the things
    Since oct then what did your bikeshop says? I hope depends on how shop's deal to agree though.

y0shimi
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thing first, flipped on your own or kena bang?

If you flipped on your own den you can only do own damage claim at authorised workshop.

If kena bang, must see situation.
    1. If 100% case, they can always repair immediately and claim 3rd party
    2. if 50/50, ws might wanna kiv till any police result. Or unless you sign under taking to top up any difference
    3. if you opt to pay first and kiv them to pay you back upon settlement, den you have to know, insurance will never pay 100% of what ws quote, they will push down 20% even if 100% case.

nasuki89
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class 2 rider so, assumed you aware most of the things
    Since oct then what did your bikeshop says? I hope depends on how shop's deal to agree though.
    bikeshop haven done anything cuz tp will havent say who is right and who is wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by y0shimi View Post
    First thing first, flipped on your own or kena bang?

If you flipped on your own den you can only do own damage claim at authorised workshop.

If kena bang, must see situation.
    1. If 100% case, they can always repair immediately and claim 3rd party
    2. if 50/50, ws might wanna kiv till any police result. Or unless you sign under taking to top up any difference
    3. if you opt to pay first and kiv them to pay you back upon settlement, den you have to know, insurance will never pay 100% of what ws quote, they will push down 20% even if 100% case.

abit complicated.. he swerved into my lane then i think i knocked into his rear.. thats why still looking for witness help..
    yea, was asking on opt 3.. dont mind about paying already.. just dont wan to when i physically recovered bt bike still not ready..

broke both my wrists, doc says 6 mths before i can ride again.. but have been reading that claims are taking 1-2 years..

*thanks for replies*

(still looking for witness~)

nasuki89
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just called my bikeshop, sharing info in case anyone else same situation in the future..

If claiming other driver/rider insurance.. then need to wait for the other insurance to come down and assess the damage first.
    but even before they come down and assess, need to wait for tp to come up with verdict on who is right..

*my accident on 23 oct, now almost 1 mth le still nth heard from tp..

y0shimi
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basically even before any tp result, they can still come down for inspection. It is called pre-repair inspection

spy69
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XxPJYxX View Post
    Depends on the severity of the case and injuries... If hospitalized, normally take less than a month to see the TP charging the other party. If no visible injuries and not much damage, they might not charge the other party.

Claims, repair cost of the bike will be done by a damage surveyor appointed by the law firm to assess the damages. Loss of use claim also depends on the surveyor. U can only claim for the duration it takes to repair the bike. Example, your bike at the workshop for 3 months waiting for parts to arrive, the surveyor assess it takes 1 week to repair your bike, u can only claim 1 week loss of use. It happened to me before.

As for damaged personal items like iPhone, watch, helmet, jacket, gloves etc, u will have to provide receipt if possible to claim back partial amount from the other party insurance.

Legal fees, if u settle privately with the other party, u will have to pay for the legal fees incurred. If they offer u an amount, and u accept their offer, u will have to deduct the legal fees from the amount they offered.

If the amount they offered is too low and u go to court to fight the case, the judge award u with an amount higher than their offer, they will bear the legal fees.

If the judge award u an amount lower than what the other party offered, u will have to bear the legal fees.

Medical fees, keep all receipts from hospitals, clinics, taxi cabs from the date of the accident. It has to be produced in court to claim for the amount of medical expenses relating to the accident and cost of transport to the medical appointments.

Hope this information helps...

Hi bro, sent u a pm. Pls check. Thanks
    ŦhΞ ΘŊε Dāŧ ħα+ē ц thΞ МθşT, i5 ŦhΞ ΘŊε Dāŧ rΞ@ĿĿy Ŀův$ Ύā

chestnuts94
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default URGENT Help on Bike Repair due to Accident

I am trying my luck if I get any response from here.

I am a new rider. 22 year old under P-plate. I just bought a 2nd hand Yamaha Spark 135 (Clutchless) FBE plate on one of the bike shops in Eunos area 2 days ago(28/10/16).
    I have registered my GF as a subrider as well.

Yesterday my GF was riding the bike on PIE just after Exit 9 to Jalan Eunos, when making a right turn, she skidded. It was raining heavily. She flew off the bike and sustained fracture bones near Spine/Pelvis area. Thank God no operation needed. She mentioned that 4 riders and 1 driver (Kudos to them) stopped and helped. The car driver helped to send her to her workplace at Eunos area as per her request. NO TP CAME into the scene and her colleague helped to push the bike out of the scene quickly. No other parties were involved also.

Bike Damages:
    - gear shifter/lever bent, seems really very tight and stuck. Can't change gears no matter how much force I put on it(even if I stand on it)
    - gear stuck on 1st gear. Engine is okay on idle but when i rev the throttle, engine dies. is this because the gear stuck or what?
    - front fork misaligned(front wheel and handle bar out of sync)
    - left fairing scratches
    - left mirror misaligned (stuck and can't bring back to original position)

I have some concerns/questions:
    - I have not contacted the shop yet as the day of accident was a Public Holiday and today is Sunday. Should I call the shop and claim that I had the accident on my own instead of telling them that the subrider was the one involved? (I have issues and worries about insurance not yet officially goes through the system for subrider)
    - For the bike repair should I or can I claim the damages repair to the insurance company without getting the police involved? Or should I just pay the repair cost without insurance agency coming in to the picture
    - Will the police know about this and give me or the subrider demerit pts + fine?
    - Can my bike still be rescued/saved? Around how much is the damage if I decide to pay it myself?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much riders!

mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i donno if i misunderstand your situation, or you misunderstand how your insurance works.

if you are on standard 3rd party insurance like most bikes, you have no claims to make.

your insurance is only when you are at fault and somebody makes claims against you. in your case, as i read it, no other person was involved, it was your gf fault, therefore all damage and medical expenses is you pay yourself.

no police report needs to made. police report is only if damage to govt property, or collision involving foreign vehicle.

no need to inform shop. all they care is you continue to pay your instalments. if you stop paying instalments and they repo a damaged bike, then your amount owed will increase due to damage.

so as i see it, all you have to do here is settle all the money yourself, nothing else.

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

chestnuts94
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mechwira View Post
    i donno if i misunderstand your situation, or you misunderstand how your insurance works.

if you are on standard 3rd party insurance like most bikes, you have no claims to make.

your insurance is only when you are at fault and somebody makes claims against you. in your case, as i read it, no other person was involved, it was your gf fault, therefore all damage and medical expenses is you pay yourself.

no police report needs to made. police report is only if damage to govt property, or collision involving foreign vehicle.

no need to inform shop. all they care is you continue to pay your instalments. if you stop paying instalments and they repo a damaged bike, then your amount owed will increase due to damage.

so as i see it, all you have to do here is settle all the money yourself, nothing else.
    Thanks for your prompt reply. Appreciate all the answers.

My insurance is 3rd part + fire and theft. I believe I had nothing to claim also. Medical costs, hospital bills all covered under my GF's Company Insurance as she was on the way to work. And for the bike should I send to the bike workshop(same company where I bought the bike) or should I find other workshop instead?

YEN96
    has no status.
    Mapputatsuni hiki sakuwayo ราชอาณาจักรไทย
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can try watsapp or call Terence 9362 3352 if need insurance. Car or motorbike also can. I use him for all my cars & bikes.
    KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *
    KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)
    YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z
    1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4
    1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X
    1991 MB 200E SBT2703M
    1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L
    1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

vibr0
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STAY AWAY from this lawyer company Catherine Lim LLC.if u found to be their claim insurance try to change to ur prefer lawyer firm.took me almost year plus to get my claim that is 100% won case and only able to claim me $1800 with 3 month unpaid leave,not included with transport taxi thru and fro to their place and bike damage but they profit almost $5k to fight the case and for their own expenses

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234