At NTUC Income, we understand that it can be stressful being involved in a motor accident. We want to ensure that your claim proceeds smoothly so you can get back your car promptly and in good condition.
What do I do if I am involved in an accident?
Stay cool and don't panic.
Collect the details of the other parties involved in the accident and those of any available witnesses.
The essential details are:
The registration numbers (number plates) of all other vehicles involved
The names and addresses of the other driver(s)/owner(s) and any witnesses
The names of insurance companies for the other driver(s)
Avoid discussing liability with others involved in the accident, or their lawyers. Refer all communications from them to your insurance company.
If an accident involves injury, do not shift the car, call the police immediately. You must also make a police report within 24 hours of an accident involving
1. Damage to a government vehicle or property
2. A foreign vehicle
3. A pedestrain or cyclist
4. A hit-and-run party
How To Make An Own Damage Claim for Repair of Your Vehicle?
1. You are advised to report the accident immediately at the Independent Damage Assessment Centre (Idac) within 24 hours. If you have made a police report, you need to furnish a copy at the Idac.
2. Please call INCOME's 24 hour hotline: 6788 6616 for location of the nearest Idac.
3. If towing service is needed, you can call Idac's 24-hour hotline at 1800 887 5151 for towing at no charge to you.
4. At the Idac, you will be required to file an accident report and submit a claim to your insurance company.
5. Idac will assess the damage to your car and we will authorise repair within two working days.
6. Your car will be repaired at a workshop selected by Income in accordance with the policy conditions.
7. Policyholders who are clearly not at fault and the third party is not insured with NTUC Income, can lodge a claim against the third party.
8. However if both parties are insured with NTUC Income, we would urge both parties to claim under own policy. The party who is not at fault will not be penalised with NCD reduction.
Note: The location of Idac is available on the reverse side of your Certificate of Insurance.
We will exercise our right under Condition 8 to terminate the policy if the policyholder fails to comply with the the above without a valid reason.
Accident in Malaysia
For accidents in Malaysia where towing services are required, you can call NTUC Income's 24-hour hotline: 6788 6616 for assistance.
You will have to pay for the towing service direct with the recommended service provider, based on mutual agreement. The service provider will tow your car to the nearest Idac, and you can then file an accident report at the Idac upon your return to Singapore. You can submit a claim upto $200 for the towing service as provided for under the Scope of Cover of your policy.
Courtesy car / Transport allowance
From the 2nd day your car is in our quality workshop or IDAC, you will enjoy either of the following benefits :
1. Upon availability, a courtesy car for the duration of the repair to a maximum of 14 days or
2. Transport allowance of $50 per working day for the duration of the repair to a maximum of 14 days
An administrative charge of $10 and a refundable deposit of $50 will be charged for the usage of the courtesy car.
Note : The above benefits are applicable to insured under Quality Plus coverage.
No Claim Discount
1. Our policyholder enjoy a 10% ‘No Claim Discount’ upon renewal of their motor insurance premium if there is no claim during the previous policy year.
2. For every ‘claim free’ year, the discount will be increased by 10% to a maximum of 50% over five years.
3. Our policyholder's 'No Claim Discount" will not be reduced if the policyholder's liability is 20% or less; when involved in a collision with a traceable vehicle or person.
4. If the policyholder is unhappy with the assessment of liability made by our officer, they can lodge a request for review to the claim officer.
If you receive a third party claim
If you receive a claim from a third party or a writ from a lawyer, you should refer the matter to us immediately. We will handle the claim or writ for you. We have to respond to a writ within 8 days, so you have to act immediately. Give us a call at 6788-6616.We may need your full cooperation in giving a full report of the accident, and to verify the extent of damages to the third party.
Third Party Claims
Insured who chooses to make third party liability claim against other insurers will have to make the claim on their own . If you are involved with Malaysian cars and making a claim against a Malaysian insurer, the process will take a longer time. Please be patient. You will need to liaise direct with the workshop who undertake the third party claim on your behalf. NTUC Income cannot assist you to claim third party as it is outside our control.
Repairing at your own workshop
If you wish your car to be repaired at your existing workshop, you can provide its name and contact number to us. We will invite the workshop to quote and carry out for the repair if the charges are competitive. If the workshop does not have a email we send a fax to them to quote. However, if the charges are too high and your workshop is unable to repair at the benchmark price quoted by our quality workshop, we may have to send your vehicle to our quality or authorised workshop. If this is done, we will ensure that the repair matches up to a satisfactory standard, in accordance to our underwriting.
Spare Parts unavailability
The insurer shall not be responsible if the spare parts are not available. Arrangement will be made for the unavailable spare parts to be shipped in at our cost. However, if the spare parts have to be air freighted, then the air freight charges shall be borne by the policyholder. During the period where spare parts are not available and due to this the repair is delayed, neither courtesy car nor transport allowance will be provided.