Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Drive/Ride Poll

I know this poll has probably been done before but can I find out how many people in Singaporebikes.com ride and/or drive....

Maybe we can have a Singaporebikes 'car' outing......

siaoliao
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i only start to learn bike after my dad sold his car, can say its an alternative, sigh...
    has always been a car person, but beginning to enjoy riding bit by bit...

Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hopefully, you will enjoy it more.....

It is a really enjoyable hobby..... and commuting on it is not bad either.... just a bugger when it rains......

misterbean
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have been driving for past 10 years but recently got the opportunity to realise my passion for riding ...hope to rely more on bike as a mode of transport in future

would rather get drenched in the rain than to burn petrol in the traffic jam

Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, there are two kinds of riding, just as there are, two kinds of driving.... for work and for leisure......

Riding is more fun.... open and free.... no hassles when the jam starts.... and cornering, well, is just plain fun......

Driving on the other hand is primarily for transport, unless you drive a performance car like a 911 or 360.....or 575....... and even then, (in Singapore anyway) its for (not very comfortable) transport.

What I do detest are people who 'prefer' cars to bikes.... especially women who would only ride in cars..... sure, some of them have valid excuses but the majority I've met come up with lame excuses.... and the most common one being, ITS DANGEROUS........

Sure, its not as safe as being in a car, and the hassle of carrying a helmet is a bugger, but hey, its 'free' transport.... what are you complaining......

I find some of these people too materialistic..... I have some friends like that and when I meet them, I usually ride there....just to prove a point.... that I rode to the last meeting, and I ride to this meeting.... and I am STILL HERE.......

What are your thoughts on people wanting to or prefering to sit in cars????

ah_neng
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha... even got some ppl asking for sentimental song... think ur car is a jukebox... haha

Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very funny

ah_neng
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i not suaning u leh.. there are really ppl say such things... got once my fren air con spoil.. go pick up a chai and she say dunno is u suay or i suay... air con spoil... my fren piss off and drop her somewhere and drove off

Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people like that should take the public transport......

ah_neng
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha.. aircon spoil still can get refund...

Kyle
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well.. there's always people who ride or drive just for the sake of getting chicks, the feel of riding is feeling real free...
    life is just about living for people who loves u.

Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, all of us need to get around.... and I suppose if it aids procreation, then why not..... but personally I use it to get around......

daniujie
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes, my friends whom I tompang will complain about the heat lah, how dangerous when I squeeze traffic lah. So hor, i think it is quite normal for people to want to sit in a car instead of a bike. For the comfort and safety mah. But if it is a person who thinks that riding a bike is something of a lower class or a bike just cannot satisfy that person's materialistic instinct, then can ask that person go and die.

For me, I dun really have preference. Coz when I ride a bike, I can go anywhere I want, w/o having to ask other people for a lift or what.

buja
    buja
    has no status.
    Edit

theres the joys of driving too n the joys of riding too.
    both bring different kind of adrenalin n both expect different kinds of skill control.
    i think riding has a greater adrenalin rush, but i find driving a real challenge. when i say this what i mean is driving not as in the normal road driving but the cheong siao kind of pattern.
    anyway, logic logic logic, lets be practical...hmm....my personal opinion,
    i love it when i drive when it suddenly rains, i love it when i ride when i see a traffic jam.

as for that part on gers being choosy.
    yeah, i frown on that. and i do keep a distance from them. condemn !
    similarly, there r gers who look out for powerful n beautiful bikes.
    u get wat i mean ? be it their interest in car or bike, if they r materialistic, they would be choosing either a nice bike or a nice car.
    lets face it, this world is getting more evil..... if u cant beat it, join it....

witch
    witch
    has no status.
    Edit

for mi ar.. if i have car ar.. i sure drive one.. haha

but too bad my dad sold him car liao...

coz i think my riding skill very stupid ar.. haha so better drive car ar.. haa hmmm

Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May I enquire who only drives? PM me if you don't want to post your name on the forum... thanks........

victorhoo
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May I enquire who only drives? PM me if you don't want to post your name on the forum... thanks........
    MIVEC (maybe):smile:

Paultheball
    Paultheball
    has no status.
    Edit

for mi ar.. if i have car ar.. i sure drive one.. haha

but too bad my dad sold him car liao...

coz i think my riding skill very stupid ar.. haha so better drive car ar.. haa hmmm

hmmm i dunno about you... but after riding... i feel that driving is boring leh

hydrop
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no class 3 licence....no $ to learn and lazy to learn....haven't even got basic theory yet...

Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take your time..... it is a pity that obtaining Class3 is as easy as it is.... unlike the bike's style of 2B,2A and 2.....

Ah Teck
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

driving is a transport to me ... riding is the real stuff ...
    but when i need to buy stuffs or going shopping with gf , i prefer to drive cos have boot to put the stuff in . anyway for bike it dangerous to ask the pillion to carry lots of things behind , might lose balance and block up the rear view.
    Buddy greg how are you these days ... today i sick so on MC and at home hehehe

Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buddy or bloo*y Greg....

Yeah....long time no see..... how is your busa???? Ohlins rear shock.... shiok shiok or not????

Tonight free??? Usual place.... Maybe GSX1000R also come.... both at my place now......

Sorry

NoricK
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the past is drive more then nv ride.
    Now is ride and seldom drive. Cos riding more thrilling. U don have to go fast to get the thrill but cornering etc will make u satisfy also. I used to drive a lot becos back then my family forbide me to learn bike but i think that riding is a youth thing (no offence to senior riders) so i got on to learn my class 2b. ( i don 1 30+ already still carry p plate)

Now i'm riding a small bike without my family knowing. Hai... very hard for me. Bring helmet home also like stealing things.
    L i f e \' s a B i t c h , B u t I L o v e I t

fat_nerd
    fat_nerd
    has no status.
    Edit

for me, i aint rich.. tats why i ride. of cos i also enjoy riding. like what buja says... when it rains, i wish i had a car. when theres traffic jam, i tell myself its good that i ride.

buja... ever since u started driving, do u realise u got more chais anot ah? just very curious

Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very picky as to who I pick up in my car..... not so on my bike 'cause if she's too fussy, then all the better..... DON'T hitch a lift.......

But I try not to pillion 'cause I prefer to ride alone......

ZZR-Pilot
    ZZR-Pilot
    has no status.
    Edit

very picky as to who I pick up in my car.....
    Of course la... sportscar + ugly woman = spoil liao

Dunno about U guys, but I tend to get sleepy easily when driving. Sometimes driving home after work at 2am, I'd be so sleepy and forced to park someplace to catch some ZZZs for fear of falling asleep while driving (happened once, bloody lucky I was alive).

But riding my bike... whoaaaa.. I'd be wide awake, late nights are even better coz empty road can gasak the corners full tilt mannnnn...

Anyway, I'm thinking about getting an old Volvo 740 towards the end of next year... just for kicks... I've always wanted a Volvo, it's a fookin' tank!

Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I've fallen asleep on the bike before....on the way to Thailand.... even with the cool night wind....maybe too cool.....

But yes, ZZR, I find it easier to fall asleep whilst driving than riding.....

What have you been up to, ZZR??? Long time no see........

Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is another poll in "Female Riders" section where it is questioned whether people (women in general) prefer cars to bikes......

I think the answer is obvious but is it really true that the general opinion is that bikers are poorer and people prefer to ride in cars because they see it as a more prestigious mode of transport????

Most claim that it is more dangerous.... but is it??? I have heard about the Safiras crashing into railings (along the NS Highway) and the occupants end up outside on the railings....dead.......

I believe it is all about the rider, and of course, faith..... Although I agree that bikers are more exposed, it is not necessarily more dangerous.....

BaByZ
    BaByZ
    has no status.
    Edit

eh.. i counted or not?

KRT
    KRT
    has no status.
    Edit

takin class 3 now but i still prefer ridin bike leh .. everytime after my prac leave the centre with my bike feel very free and easy .. driving a bit more boring but still most ger like to sit car .. but if can i would reli like to have both but mostly will ride ..

Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh.. i counted or not?
    Well, you do move the car....and only taking class2b...so I guess I can give you ˝........

hyori
    hyori
    has no status.
    Edit

i only drive.

chickenbackside
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but if can i would reli like to have both but mostly will ride ..
    Tell me again when you have both, haha...

william_liu
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Driving does has its advantage, but if I can only choose between driving and riding, there is no question or doubt at all.

I'll choose riding anytime, anyday!

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Driving does has its advantage, but if I can only choose between driving and riding, there is no question or doubt at all.

I'll choose riding anytime, anyday!

I think not, when its pouring down (such is the weather now a days) and you have to fetch your girlfriend to a cold place after (such as a cinema or theater).....

william_liu
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think not, when its pouring down (such is the weather now a days) and you have to fetch your girlfriend to a cold place after (such as a cinema or theater).....
    Actually wat i meant was if i can only choose to do one (i.e. drive or ride and give up the other forever) I'll choose riding over driving!

And of course it would be nice to own a car for such situations as pouring rain, but if it was already raining heavily then we'll go public - bus/mrt/taxi!

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Greg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually wat i meant was if i can only choose to do one (i.e. drive or ride and give up the other forever) I'll choose riding over driving!

And of course it would be nice to own a car for such situations as pouring rain, but if it was already raining heavily then we'll go public - bus/mrt/taxi!

Sorry.... but I had that feeling too before....about using the bike.... I actually prefer to ride but sometimes, its a bummer 'cause you have to lug your helmet around..... unless you riding with box.... So now I choose to ridie alone (ie without pillion)....for pleasure....and sometimes, just to get away from it all.....

KRT
    KRT
    has no status.
    Edit

Tell me again when you have both, haha...
    .. wah~ den ur meanin is that i won't be able to get both huh? dun like dat look mi no up leh

cOLOr_pEnCiL
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aiyah back square one....when wil ther b a 4 wheelers outing???

ZZR-Pilot
    ZZR-Pilot
    has no status.
    Edit

Usual lah. Me & my dinky little bike. Altho I haven't been going up Genting ever since I stuffed my bike in the ditch there last November. Maybe I'll start going up again this weekend.

Anyway, these are interesting days here in Malaysia for car enthusiasts. Gahmen has been trying to dodge the AFTA thingy. Thailand's p!ssed off already, so they can't delay it any longer than 2005. As AFTA inches closer, new car sales have practically plummeted here. And I mean plummet... the guys are so deperate, we're seeing sh!t like 10-year loans, 2.9% interest.. But every-farking-body is still holding on to their wad of cash, waiting for AFTA to come into effect January 1, 2005.

Me, I'm still getting an old Volvo. Maybe.

ace-man
    ace-man
    has no status.
    Edit

sorry.. i still green in this forum...
    how do i vote???

chickenbackside
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.. wah~ den ur meanin is that i won't be able to get both huh? dun like dat look mi no up leh

No lah! That's not what I mean!

What I mean is when you get both, then tell me if you drive more or ride more.

I not see you no up lah. Sorry if you took it that way, but that's not what I mean...

At 1st I also thought I die die also will ride more, but in the end, my bike touch less than once a week, and only becos I don't want to let the battery die.

Sigh...

buja
    buja
    has no status.
    Edit

for me, i aint rich.. tats why i ride. of cos i also enjoy riding. like what buja says... when it rains, i wish i had a car. when theres traffic jam, i tell myself its good that i ride.

buja... ever since u started driving, do u realise u got more chais anot ah? just very curious
    haha...me super late reply ok ? heh
    err...in fact i started driving first....then after many months then got the desire to get more license n since camp mate hav same interest, i did it....oso bcos my camp mate whom i disliked see me no up...but after i passed, me n him bcome super arh....haha....

as for chais...hmm....
    ok la...pretty much e same chais i been out with ....my usual grp of frens... heh...jus tat since most ppl havin own transport liao, we get to hang out more often in the late nights n b able to go to wierd places....

Lmodel
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I've fallen asleep on the bike before....on the way to Thailand.... even with the cool night wind....maybe too cool.....

But yes, ZZR, I find it easier to fall asleep whilst driving than riding.....

The reason for drivers having tendecy to knock out while driving is because of the air-condition. I'm not toking abt air-condition makes us sleepy but rather, the carbon dioxide built up that is making us drowsy due to the small compartment space.

Lmodel
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

takin class 3 now but i still prefer ridin bike leh .. everytime after my prac leave the centre with my bike feel very free and easy .. driving a bit more boring but still most ger like to sit car .. but if can i would reli like to have both but mostly will ride ..
    When I m riding to work, I'd complain when it rains. When i got my car and can drive to work everydae, I still prefer to ride my bike to work as the jam is not as bad. So nowadays the car juz left it at home for dad to drive ard. Only use them when i go clubbing LoL~!

Throttle
    needs a holiday
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for two years, i ride on mondays tuesdays and wednesdays and on rainy days, the rest of the days i drive my car. first it was an RX7 then it was a 3 Dr Vti. then i got posted overseas so i sold my car but still kept my bike. when i returned i got a cabriolet and decided to drive to work everyday so the bike became secondary. then i sold the bike and just owned a car. after a few months i got itchy and bot a zx11. although i park it there and ride only a few times a month , i felt satisfied. now i drive everywhere i go and only use my latest bike a zx9r for touring or for track.

i have been riding for 12 years and driving for 10 years

i guess when you have been a rider, you'll always want to have a bike parked somewhere even though you know you ride it very occasionally.

by the way does anyone wanna buy my car?......... serious..........

E.V.ilyn
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Err... If money is no object then I'll want both. I'll use whichever mode of transport that suits my mood and the condition. Right now, I can only remain in envy of the well to do above who have the "luxury" to drive.

Tyrian
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u like bikes, i like cars...

u like cars, i like bikes...

u like bikes, i hate bikes...

u like cars, i hate cars...

the morale of the story?
    One Man's Meat is Another Man's Poision...

so, there is no use arguing which is better and which is worse... just be yourself n be unique from other people around u... there is no need to bother n be angry abt ppl who tink bikers sucks... coz at the end of the day, it will only shorten ur life...

anyway, i got both class 2b n 3... but i dun have own bike or car... wat's impt is that i LOVE riding to driving...
    05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)
    08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)
    09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)
    04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)
    05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)
    07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)
    11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

Demon_gal56
    Demon_gal56
    has no status.
    Edit

Originally posted by Tyrian@Jan 8 2004, 02:33 AM
    u like bikes, i like cars...

u like cars, i like bikes...

u like bikes, i hate bikes...

u like cars, i hate cars...

the morale of the story?
    One Man's Meat is Another Man's Poision...

so, there is no use arguing which is better and which is worse... just be yourself n be unique from other people around u... there is no need to bother n be angry abt ppl who tink bikers sucks... coz at the end of the day, it will only shorten ur life...

anyway, i got both class 2b n 3... but i dun have own bike or car... wat's impt is that i LOVE riding to driving...
    good job!!

furbykong
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ZZR-Pilot@Sep 24 2003, 12:07 AM

. Gahmen has been trying to dodge the AFTA thingy. Thailand's p!ssed off already, so they can't delay it any longer than 2005. As AFTA inches closer, new car sales have practically plummeted here. And I mean plummet... the guys are so deperate, we're seeing sh!t like 10-year loans, 2.9% interest.. But every-farking-body is still holding on to their wad of cash, waiting for AFTA to come into effect January 1, 2005.

was interested in wat AFTA tat u mentioned. dun mind can explain wat it is and how issit associated with us?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast