User Tag List

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 1070

Thread: Suzuki Impulse GSX 400

  1. #201
    samir
    has no status.
    L Plate samir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Yes, my bike is ready. How about all the Impulse riders meeting up soon:

    Quote Originally Posted by Manjan-Bhai View Post




    Hey your bike is ready?

  2. #202
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes, i think that would be good. who is in??

    1. samir
    2. Manjan-Bhai
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

     

     
  3. #203
    Frank y
    Commoner
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    547
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manjan-Bhai View Post
    yes, i think that would be good. who is in??

    1. samir
    2. Manjan-Bhai
    I don't own Impulse, but don't mind coming depending on whether free. Time/Place?

  4. #204
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was thinking of meeting up for coffee/tea at some slack-jack place. This might cater to the majority who might want to drop by for a chat. whoever is hungry, could carry on for dinner after a drink or two.

    ill suggest some place in bussorah street (arab street). ANy other suggestions that might suit the majority?
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  5. #205
    samir
    has no status.
    L Plate samir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manjan-Bhai View Post
    I was thinking of meeting up for coffee/tea at some slack-jack place. This might cater to the majority who might want to drop by for a chat. whoever is hungry, could carry on for dinner after a drink or two.

    ill suggest some place in bussorah street (arab street). ANy other suggestions that might suit the majority?

    Bussorah Street sounds good. Preferably weekend morning: I work late shifts during the week.

  6. #206
    Frank y
    Commoner
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    547
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Place sounds good. Confirm place/time, I'll make time for it.

  7. #207
    samir
    has no status.
    L Plate samir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank y View Post
    Place sounds good. Confirm place/time, I'll make time for it.
    How about this Sunday: Oct 14? Meet in front of Golden Landmark? Tentative suggestion. Will PM you guys my HP number.

  8. #208
    Frank y
    Commoner
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    547
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samir View Post
    How about this Sunday: Oct 14? Meet in front of Golden Landmark? Tentative suggestion. Will PM you guys my HP number.
    Place and date ok, but early morning breakfast better for me on Sunday.

    Er...exactly where meeting... according to this map - http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...062037&level=6

  9. #209
    samir
    has no status.
    L Plate samir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank y View Post
    Place and date ok, but early morning breakfast better for me on Sunday.

    Er...exactly where meeting... according to this map - http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...062037&level=6
    OK, how about meet at 9am (or earlier if you prefer, I can make it at any time): turn right from North Bridge Road and wait first in front of Golden Landmark. Thten once we have met, we go around to Bussorah St via Victoria St (turn right).

  10. #210
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i know the area.
    ill see you guys there abt 10am.
    hopefully i can wake up!
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  11. #211
    samir
    has no status.
    L Plate samir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manjan-Bhai View Post
    i know the area.
    ill see you guys there abt 10am.
    hopefully i can wake up!
    OK, see u guys on Sunday.

     

     
  12. #212
    Frank y
    Commoner
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    547
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok, will be there.

  13. #213
    samir
    has no status.
    L Plate samir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank y View Post
    Ok, will be there.
    Francis: it was great meeting you: thank you for sharing your knowledge about bikes: and it was great seeing your Suzuki Inazuma 1200: a rare bike indeed!

  14. #214
    Frank y
    Commoner
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    547
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's a pleasure meeting you too. I hope we can go Malaysia together, except that most of my rides are impromptu and spur-of-the-moment. And on weekdays .... also a bit faster.

  15. #215
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chikyblink View Post
    1. Mmm rock oil, never use it b4 so no comments. Try it den tell us! I'll stick with Maxima for now though.

    2. Yup those are the signs but i usually won't wait for them to show. I'll change my eo at ard 4000-4500km with new oil filter everytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsnow View Post
    rock oil heard is a very gd EO

    how come u keep on changing oil filter?? normally is 2 time EO than change once
    rock oil is really good to use..

    found out from my mech, he changed for me Semi-syn Rockoil when i took over the bike. Only experienced those signs once at about 4700km, but decided to do a oil change at 5000km.

    Changed to the Fully-syn now, $20/ltr at First Motor. i dont think ill need to experiment w other brands, becos im really satisfied w the current one.
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  16. #216
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi guys..

    shall we have another impulsive outing?
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  17. #217
    Frank y
    Commoner
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    547
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I also have an Impulse.

  18. #218
    GTR skyline82
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    353
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can all the bros here show me where i can have my bike respary at a reasonable price.Thanks alot.

  19. #219
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Full Blaze View Post
    Can all the bros here show me where i can have my bike respary at a reasonable price.Thanks alot.
    whats your budget.. full respray??
    A friend did just the tank alone, one color, is about $100.
    what are you riding btw.
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  20. #220
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank y View Post
    I also have an Impulse.
    oh.. when you got your impulse, 2nd bike?
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  21. #221
    Frank y
    Commoner
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    547
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manjan-Bhai View Post
    oh.. when you got your impulse, 2nd bike?
    Previous owners: neO, then samir, then me. 3rd bike. Also have a PX150.

     

     
  22. #222
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    aha.. so you took over Samir's impulse? mm..
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  23. #223
    samir
    has no status.
    L Plate samir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you guys do have an Impulsive outing, do call me

  24. #224
    Frank y
    Commoner
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    547
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manjan-Bhai View Post
    aha.. so you took over Samir's impulse? mm..
    Yup, only problem for me is that it has the streetfighter looks(quite nice) when I took over from samir, and I prefer the original classic naked bike look. So now, I'm looking into converting it back to its original look.

    Right now it has scrambler parts - cowling lights, meters, handlebar, indicators, shocks, anodized forks, single-seat, new switches, respray, etc. Imagine how much it will cost to replace these scrambler parts with original parts, including two-seater seat and subframe. Actually, samir made it look new and nice if you like the streetfighter looks. But I'm a rider not a streetfighter and, at my age(with 1 wife and 3 kids), fighting is way past me.

    Also, its COE expires 04/08. That means with $1k COE premium and spending $2k - $3k in conversion might cost me $3k - $4k more if I want to keep a lesser-value bike. How, keeping this bike or milk powder more important?

    Anyone about to scrap an Impulse wanna donate your bike to me so that I can gently, tenderly and reverently remove and transfer its parts to mine and thereby preserve the memory of your baby? - at least on my bike. Such a waste seeing nice bikes and cars being scrapped and cut-up, a bit like BumbleBee being scrapped and smashed to bits - BumbleBits.

    What to do? Moreover, samir kept it in very good condition. He spent a lot of time and money(not including heartaches) on it to make it look brand-new. It'll be such a waste if it is scrapped. Anybody wanna buy an excellent-looking streetfighter single-seat Impulse? (samir, I'll give you a cut)


    Quote Originally Posted by samir View Post
    If you guys do have an Impulsive outing, do call me
    samir, seems like not many people want to meet. Only you and I turned-up the last time ..... right? Manjan?

  25. #225
    samir
    has no status.
    L Plate samir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    29
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am always ready for an Impulse meet-up. Hope other riders can make it too.

  26. #226
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank y View Post
    samir, seems like not many people want to meet. Only you and I turned-up the last time ..... right? Manjan?
    yup.. im still keen on a meet-up.
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  27. #227
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Frank y;3641272]Yup, only problem for me is that it has the streetfighter looks(quite nice) when I took over from samir, and I prefer the original classic naked bike look. So now, I'm looking into converting it back to its original look.

    Right now it has scrambler parts - cowling lights, meters, handlebar, indicators, shocks, anodized forks, single-seat, new switches, respray, etc. Imagine how much it will cost to replace these scrambler parts with original parts, including two-seater seat and subframe. Actually, samir made it look new and nice if you like the streetfighter looks. But I'm a rider not a streetfighter and, at my age(with 1 wife and 3 kids), fighting is way past me.

    Also, its COE expires 04/08. That means with $1k COE premium and spending $2k - $3k in conversion might cost me $3k - $4k more if I want to keep a lesser-value bike. How, keeping this bike or milk powder more important?

    Anyone about to scrap an Impulse wanna donate your bike to me so that I can gently, tenderly and reverently remove and transfer its parts to mine and thereby preserve the memory of your baby? - at least on my bike. Such a waste seeing nice bikes and cars being scrapped and cut-up, a bit like BumbleBee being scrapped and smashed to bits - BumbleBits.

    What to do? Moreover, samir kept it in very good condition. He spent a lot of time and money(not including heartaches) on it to make it look brand-new. It'll be such a waste if it is scrapped. Anybody wanna buy an excellent-looking streetfighter single-seat Impulse? (samir, I'll give you a cut)

    QUOTE]


    Mine is the classic look.. and coe also due in May'08. the only thing i changed are the horns.. the stock ones didnt seem to deter other road users from cutting into my lane (without signalling) - i suspect the horns were definitely not as loud as it should be.

    so i got a pair of Hella Supertone.
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  28. #228
    fearless
    has no status.
    P Plate fearless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    171
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey, impulse and not implulsive owner here too..
    xr200/ypvs125/ts200/ypvs350/nsr250/fz400/kdx200/Vespasprint/kle400/gsx400v&cg125...wat else i wanna ride...
    ,,,RIDE TILL U PUKE BAY BEY!!!!

  29. #229
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mm.. another impulse dude. gd stuff.
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  30. #230
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey shall we meet up before chinese new year.
    say 21 Jan Monday?
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  31. #231
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow.. a lot of impulse on sale.
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

     

     
  32. #232
    jleo
    has no status.
    Kruzers
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    855
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys,

    Just recently took over an impulse from a forumer. Decent ride i must add and

    Anyway bike comes with a gold colour Pro-Taper Bar with clampdowns and the scrambler carbon fibre look type of mirrors. Gives a nice look but alas, wife prefers a ride with a slightly narrower original controls.

    Am looking to swap with any Impulse rider with a set good of Original Handlebars + Mirrors for the one i have.

    Of cos i can prob strip it out and sell onwards n prob cover a new one but would prefer the earlier choice.

    Contact me @ 90697926 if anyone is interested. A meetup, if time allows, would also be nice!

    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

  33. #233
    melvintay
    has no status.
    SBF Phantom Knights melvintay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    One Canberra
    Posts
    1,473
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jleo View Post
    Hi guys,

    Just recently took over an impulse from a forumer. Decent ride i must add and

    Anyway bike comes with a gold colour Pro-Taper Bar with clampdowns and the scrambler carbon fibre look type of mirrors. Gives a nice look but alas, wife prefers a ride with a slightly narrower original controls.

    Am looking to swap with any Impulse rider with a set good of Original Handlebars + Mirrors for the one i have.

    Of cos i can prob strip it out and sell onwards n prob cover a new one but would prefer the earlier choice.

    Contact me @ 90697926 if anyone is interested. A meetup, if time allows, would also be nice!

    Cheers
    Hey, this bar looks familiar... isn't it Full Blaze's bike?

    Anw, i juz gotten myself an impulse, wana ask about something...

    Does impulse get heated up easily? its like when i do harsh acceleration, i do feel the heat from the engine at my legs very quickly... is it normal to feel the heat?

    which bike shop do u all recommend for servicings and what are the servicings i need to do besides engine oil and spark plugs? coolant? how often? wat else?

    its really so rare to find an impulse on the road.

  34. #234
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melvintay View Post
    Hey, this bar looks familiar... isn't it Full Blaze's bike?

    Anw, i juz gotten myself an impulse, wana ask about something...

    Does impulse get heated up easily? its like when i do harsh acceleration, i do feel the heat from the engine at my legs very quickly... is it normal to feel the heat?

    which bike shop do u all recommend for servicings and what are the servicings i need to do besides engine oil and spark plugs? coolant? how often? wat else?

    its really so rare to find an impulse on the road.
    yes it is rare, tho i have come across 1-2 impulse on the road.

    regarding the heat issue: mine recently started feeling hotter after a road trip to KL. what i did was to top up the coolant water with normal water, and ever since i've been monitoring. This topping up was done in Feb 08. Now in Apr 08, the heat is starting to return. A perm measure would be to flush the coolant and replace w new coolant.

    Anyways, how the FC of your impulse like?
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  35. #235
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jleo View Post
    Hi guys,

    Just recently took over an impulse from a forumer. Decent ride i must add and

    Anyway bike comes with a gold colour Pro-Taper Bar with clampdowns and the scrambler carbon fibre look type of mirrors. Gives a nice look but alas, wife prefers a ride with a slightly narrower original controls.

    Am looking to swap with any Impulse rider with a set good of Original Handlebars + Mirrors for the one i have.

    Of cos i can prob strip it out and sell onwards n prob cover a new one but would prefer the earlier choice.

    Contact me @ 90697926 if anyone is interested. A meetup, if time allows, would also be nice!

    Cheers
    a meetup will be good.
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  36. #236
    melvintay
    has no status.
    SBF Phantom Knights melvintay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    One Canberra
    Posts
    1,473
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manjan-Bhai View Post
    yes it is rare, tho i have come across 1-2 impulse on the road.

    regarding the heat issue: mine recently started feeling hotter after a road trip to KL. what i did was to top up the coolant water with normal water, and ever since i've been monitoring. This topping up was done in Feb 08. Now in Apr 08, the heat is starting to return. A perm measure would be to flush the coolant and replace w new coolant.

    Anyways, how the FC of your impulse like?
    I haven monitor the fuel consumption yet... but i estimate it to be about 280km from full to reserve with pillion half the time and harsh acceleration sometimes. and i juz added a broquet in my tank.

    its been getting hot around the 2 chrome pieces near the leg whenever i travel for 15min or more... for the coolant, i can't find the place on my bike to top up, anyone can direct me? and how much to top up? top up with tap water can?

    Thanks Manjan for the reply. I'm on for a meet-up too!

  37. #237
    melvintay
    has no status.
    SBF Phantom Knights melvintay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    One Canberra
    Posts
    1,473
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    had been pretty satisfied with my impulse so far... anw, it used to be chiky's bike... wanted to buy it initially then it was sold to another seller, den eventually he sold it and i got it! and i like this bike a lot.

    feeling excited for a meet up, really would like to learn from the "lao jiaos" on impulse. anyone going for servicing soon please ask me to tag along.

    cheers for impulse!

  38. #238
    Frank y
    Commoner
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    547
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just scrapped my Impulse . But I've salvaged some parts - tail section, full exhaust system, tank, ignition coils, CDI, brake calipers with steel-braided hoses, bitubo rear shocks, fusebox, spark plug cables, carburettor set, airbox-to-carb rubber flanges, etc. Many of them useful as spares for that rainy day.

    Spent so many days dismantling - like a slow sending-off. Anyone wanna keep them as spares? Come have a look to make an offer. And I am sorry, it will have to be first-come-first-served, no reserve.

    Such a waste of a good bike. Somemore thought of buying Michael's bike to transfer parts.
    Last edited by Frank y; 12-04-2009 at 05:30 PM.

  39. #239
    melvintay
    has no status.
    SBF Phantom Knights melvintay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    One Canberra
    Posts
    1,473
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank y View Post
    Just scrapped my Impulse . But I've salvaged some parts - tail section, full exhaust system, tank, ignition coils, CDI, brake calipers with steel-braided hoses, bitubo rear shocks, fusebox, spark plug cables, carburettor set, airbox-to-carb rubber flanges, etc. Many of them useful as spares for that rainy day.

    Spent so many days dismantling - like a slow sending-off. Anyone wanna keep them as spares? Come have a look to make an offer. And I am sorry, it will have to be first-come-first-served, no reserve.

    Such a waste of a good bike. Somemore thought of buying Michael's bike to transfer parts.

    SMS 96733004 if you intend to come to have a look, cos can't answer when riding - still have other bikes.
    its a pity to hear a fellow impulse being scrapped... but at least u did salvage the parts.

    this thread is starting to revive again, hope to hear from more impulse riders!
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that's close enough.

  40. #240
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melvintay View Post
    I haven monitor the fuel consumption yet... but i estimate it to be about 280km from full to reserve with pillion half the time and harsh acceleration sometimes. and i juz added a broquet in my tank.

    its been getting hot around the 2 chrome pieces near the leg whenever i travel for 15min or more... for the coolant, i can't find the place on my bike to top up, anyone can direct me? and how much to top up? top up with tap water can?

    Thanks Manjan for the reply. I'm on for a meet-up too!
    well.. not really a lao jiao, had this bike for a little more than 6mths. to top up coolant, you need to remove the tank. very simple process -

    1. remove seat
    2. remove the 2 bolts that fasten the tank
    3. when you shift the tank, there are 3 hoses (1 big, 2 small)
    4. Only the 2 small hose can remove, so take note where it should go to.
    5. you will see a cap directly under the tank where the fuel cap is, on the tank.
    6. top up coolant from there.

    thats what i did the last time, and yes, with tap water. Been monitoring the situation. for me, if tap water can last 1-2 mths, then why not?

    Your fc is amazing. mine was 270+ km before reserve when i first started out. then i increased the idling to 1.2, cos it was not easy to start the bike in the mornings. Not sure why, and a friend suggested could be carbs need tuning. In the process, my fc has been consistent at 22.2km/ltr.
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  41. #241
    Frank y
    Commoner
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    547
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melvintay View Post
    its a pity to hear a fellow impulse being scrapped... but at least u did salvage the parts.

    this thread is starting to revive again, hope to hear from more impulse riders!
    I sent my bike to Ah Ahn Trading, 27 Jln Buroh to scrap. Ah Ahn(helpful guy), showed me another Impulse which was scrapped just a while before mine. So if you want somemore parts, go there. What he showed me was only the engine, the rest of that bike should be somewhere inside.

    I sent my frame with whole engine and inlet manifold, front forks(gold color - the tow-truck guy wanted this for his Spec3, but doesn't fit), front and rear wheels with tires(brand-new) and swingarm to his scrapshop.

    I'm checking whether some of of my Impulse parts can fit my present bike. Handlebar, headlamps, rear light cluster, and Bitubo shocks are generic motard parts which many S4 riders use.

    I wonder whether the Impulse fuel tank can fit my bike. Anyway, make an offer that's cheaper than Ah Ahn for any Impulse parts, and if you are an Impulse owner, you've got a deal. I just that it's such a waste to scrap all these stuff - also, save the world, recycle and all that.

    I also wonder whether the starter, CDI, both ignitions coils and spark plug cables can fit my bike. Very useful to bring along if I ride up Malaysia. Wah lau, bring spare parts for whole bike when riding up .
    Last edited by Frank y; 12-04-2009 at 05:33 PM.

     

     
  42. #242
    melvintay
    has no status.
    SBF Phantom Knights melvintay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    One Canberra
    Posts
    1,473
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manjan-Bhai View Post
    well.. not really a lao jiao, had this bike for a little more than 6mths. to top up coolant, you need to remove the tank. very simple process -

    1. remove seat
    2. remove the 2 bolts that fasten the tank
    3. when you shift the tank, there are 3 hoses (1 big, 2 small)
    4. Only the 2 small hose can remove, so take note where it should go to.
    5. you will see a cap directly under the tank where the fuel cap is, on the tank.
    6. top up coolant from there.

    thats what i did the last time, and yes, with tap water. Been monitoring the situation. for me, if tap water can last 1-2 mths, then why not?

    Your fc is amazing. mine was 270+ km before reserve when i first started out. then i increased the idling to 1.2, cos it was not easy to start the bike in the mornings. Not sure why, and a friend suggested could be carbs need tuning. In the process, my fc has been consistent at 22.2km/ltr.
    that's very helpful bro! so i just top up to full? there're should be a estimation i can top up to rite?

    my bike starts with just one crank any time of the day w/o even trottling! i'm not too sure about my fuel consumption yet. but with the broquet in the tank, i believe it should be slightly better than normal.

    thanks for the help!
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that's close enough.

  43. #243
    melvintay
    has no status.
    SBF Phantom Knights melvintay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    One Canberra
    Posts
    1,473
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank y View Post
    I sent my bike to Ah Ahn Trading, 27 Jln Buroh to scrap. Ah Ahn(helpful guy), showed me another Impulse which was scrapped just a while before mine. So if you want somemore parts, go there. What he showed me was only the engine, the rest of that bike should be somewhere inside.

    I sent my frame with whole engine and inlet manifold, front forks(gold color - the tow-truck guy wanted this for his Spec3, but doesn't fit), front and rear wheels with tires(brand-new) and swingarm to his scrapshop.

    I'm checking whether some of of my Impulse parts can fit my present bike. Handlebar, headlamps, rear light cluster, and Bitubo shocks are generic motard parts which many S4 riders use.

    I wonder whether the Impulse fuel tank can fit my bike. Anyway, make an offer that's cheaper than Ah Ahn for any Impulse parts, and if you are an Impulse owner, you've got a deal. I just that it's such a waste to scrap all these stuff - also, save the world, recycle and all that.

    I also wonder whether the starter, CDI, both ignitions coils and spark plug cables can fit my bike. Very useful to bring along if I ride up Malaysia. Wah lau, bring spare parts for whole bike when riding up .

    I'll try to make it if there's any meet-up. But no Impulse, only an Inazuma, hope you guys don't mind.
    An Inazuma! another rare one! it looks quite similar to an impulse rite? i dont mind definitely. i soon will need 2nd hand tires for my impulse, the grooves are going off. where to get? and tire pressure with pillion normally u all pump how much ah?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that's close enough.

  44. #244
    jleo
    has no status.
    Kruzers
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    855
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey guys,

    Never noticed the activities of this thread till today. Rather active esp recent.

    Anyway this bike's a 400cc with a rev-happy engine. Returns a respectable FC is ard 22-23km/l for 'normal' riding, esp considering its a >10yr bike with at least 1 rd extra on the odo. Nothing spectecular but definately decent enough..

    Wife's happy with the bike overall so nothing i would complain either. A meetup would def be nice!

  45. #245
    melvintay
    has no status.
    SBF Phantom Knights melvintay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    One Canberra
    Posts
    1,473
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jleo View Post
    Hey guys,

    Never noticed the activities of this thread till today. Rather active esp recent.

    Anyway this bike's a 400cc with a rev-happy engine. Returns a respectable FC is ard 22-23km/l for 'normal' riding, esp considering its a >10yr bike with at least 1 rd extra on the odo. Nothing spectecular but definately decent enough..

    Wife's happy with the bike overall so nothing i would complain either. A meetup would def be nice!

    wat's at least 1 rd extra on the odo? haha.... i really love this bike.... meet up meet up!
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that's close enough.

  46. #246
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melvintay View Post
    that's very helpful bro! so i just top up to full? there're should be a estimation i can top up to rite?

    my bike starts with just one crank any time of the day w/o even trottling! i'm not too sure about my fuel consumption yet. but with the broquet in the tank, i believe it should be slightly better than normal.

    thanks for the help!
    hmm.. is it? how much you spend on the broquet? Mine used to have difficulty starting, most likely due to poor carbs tuning. ever since i put in a headlight switch, it is easier to start the bike. cos once you switch on, the headlights take up quite a bit of batt pwr.

    the water, just top up to full should be sufficient. im assuming based on what i did, and the results have lasted since Feb 08. However, do take note, that this is a temp measure.

    btw, one round on the odo means the mileage meter has gone one round already.
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  47. #247
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jleo View Post
    Hey guys,

    Never noticed the activities of this thread till today. Rather active esp recent.

    Wife's happy with the bike overall so nothing i would complain either. A meetup would def be nice!
    hey, another impulse. how long have you been with an impulse?
    Someone suggest a place for meetup, i would prefer a weekday.
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  48. #248
    jleo
    has no status.
    Kruzers
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    855
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manjan-Bhai View Post

    btw, one round on the odo means the mileage meter has gone one round already.

    Bingo!!

    Been with this for just over 5 weeks. Wife and i share this bike with another Suzook Bandit..

    Anyway has anyone change the clutch friction plates before? If so how much is the costs eh? (Friction plates + side engine gaskets?)

  49. #249
    Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    457
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jleo View Post
    Bingo!!

    Been with this for just over 5 weeks. Wife and i share this bike with another Suzook Bandit..

    Anyway has anyone change the clutch friction plates before? If so how much is the costs eh? (Friction plates + side engine gaskets?)
    your bandit is P model or V model?? I'm assuming it is another 400cc.
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.


    1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

  50. #250
    melvintay
    has no status.
    SBF Phantom Knights melvintay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    One Canberra
    Posts
    1,473
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manjan-Bhai View Post
    hmm.. is it? how much you spend on the broquet? Mine used to have difficulty starting, most likely due to poor carbs tuning. ever since i put in a headlight switch, it is easier to start the bike. cos once you switch on, the headlights take up quite a bit of batt pwr.

    the water, just top up to full should be sufficient. im assuming based on what i did, and the results have lasted since Feb 08. However, do take note, that this is a temp measure.

    btw, one round on the odo means the mileage meter has gone one round already.
    Oh i see, now i know what u meant. thanks!

    I spent $125 on the broquet. there are 2 types for 2A bikes. there's another one at $195, more for touring and heavy usuage... got it from forum.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that's close enough.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •