User Tag List

Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Running Shoes

  1. #1
    JPMontoya
    has no status.
    Class 2B JPMontoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    North
    Posts
    296
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Singapore where got those runner stores?
    anibody noes?

    those which u go there den they will see your foot type n recommend wat kind of cushioning u shd be looking at etc?

  2. #2
    furbykong
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    dun tink the normal shopping centres or shops haf this kind of expertise or service. but if u are able to get hold of the number of ASI*S merchandise salesperson there is a chance they will do it for u.

     

     
  3. #3
    JPMontoya
    has no status.
    Class 2B JPMontoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    North
    Posts
    296
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by furbykong@Feb 2 2004, 04:23 PM
    dun tink the normal shopping centres or shops haf this kind of expertise or service. but if u are able to get hold of the number of ASI*S merchandise salesperson there is a chance they will do it for u.
    singapore really lacks in certain kind of services...
    =(

    asics has no singapore official merchandiser..
    so unless if u r a national prospect, chances r low u will find professional assistance.

  4. #4
    xlim
    has no status.
    P Plate xlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    97
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe you will be interested to check out the store at peninsula plaza,
    2nd floor, there are 2 stores selling shoes of all kinds, mostly sports, and both are owned by an uncle and auntie.
    They should be able to provide the expertise and service you are looking for through their years of experience. They also supply running shoes at cheaper rates for some of the running clubs around too.

  5. #5
    SuRfGoD
    SuRfGoD
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    Theres a asics shop in Marina Square near Metro (now defunct), maybe u can try ur luck there

  6. #6
    siaoliao
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    343
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by SuRfGoD@Feb 3 2004, 06:57 PM
    Theres a asics shop in Marina Square near Metro (now defunct), maybe u can try ur luck there
    that shop sells at cutthroat prices, better be careful, after 40% discount still more ex than queensway, brrr...

  7. #7
    JPMontoya
    has no status.
    Class 2B JPMontoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    North
    Posts
    296
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by siaoliao@Feb 4 2004, 11:13 AM
    that shop sells at cutthroat prices, better be careful, after 40% discount still more ex than queensway, brrr...
    siaoliao..u the siao liao i noe ar?
    live tpyoh lor 8 one?

  8. #8
    siaoliao
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    343
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by JPMontoya@Feb 5 2004, 09:11 PM
    siaoliao..u the siao liao i noe ar?
    live tpyoh lor 8 one?
    haha no, i stay amk...

  9. #9
    JPMontoya
    has no status.
    Class 2B JPMontoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    North
    Posts
    296
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BORING

    i still cannot find a shoe shop!!!

  10. #10
    vicious
    is goin' slow...
    Class 2 vicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Eastern Anchorage
    Posts
    940
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by JPMontoya@Feb 6 2004, 01:51 PM
    BORING

    i still cannot find a shoe shop!!!
    U mean, those runner shoe with kinda 'spike' for competition?

    Check this Shop at Pennsula Sp Ctr level #04-38. They retail all kind of Sports item.

    It doesn't matter how good your bike is, but how long you can ride it
    Performance doesn't lie on the bike, it boost when the ego broke!!
    It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile...winning's winning..

  11. #11
    JPMontoya
    has no status.
    Class 2B JPMontoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    North
    Posts
    296
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by vicious@Feb 6 2004, 02:30 PM
    U mean, those runner shoe with kinda 'spike' for competition?

    Check this Shop at Pennsula Sp Ctr level #04-38. They retail all kind of Sports item.
    yo bro! how r u??

    =)

    i not looking for ordinary shoe shops..
    hate to use technical terms but i looking for shops dat measure your feet width n length n see if we over-pronate or under-pronate den recommend shoes to us.

    i had a memory of some shop doing it but i cant recall...

    aniwae ride safe everyone.

     

     
  12. #12
    vicious
    is goin' slow...
    Class 2 vicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Eastern Anchorage
    Posts
    940
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by JPMontoya@Feb 6 2004, 03:00 PM
    yo bro! how r u??

    =)

    i not looking for ordinary shoe shops..
    hate to use technical terms but i looking for shops dat measure your feet width n length n see if we over-pronate or under-pronate den recommend shoes to us.

    i had a memory of some shop doing it but i cant recall...

    aniwae ride safe everyone.
    Thanks. Fine always.

    Oh I see, those custom made shoe that fit rite to your leg. Sorry, no idea.

    Good day.

    It doesn't matter how good your bike is, but how long you can ride it
    Performance doesn't lie on the bike, it boost when the ego broke!!
    It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile...winning's winning..

  13. #13
    duanyu
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    My Ocean
    Posts
    81
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you guys from running club ? well i wanna take up jogging to lose weight... so need to get a good pair of shoes also... any tips or recommendations ?

  14. #14
    who_noe
    has no status.
    SBF Scooters who_noe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    20,055
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    get the latest new balances shoes from emart.....FOC somemore....


    SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

  15. #15
    JPMontoya
    has no status.
    Class 2B JPMontoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    North
    Posts
    296
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    free huh? army always privilledged.

    i gave up on looking for the services provided.
    instead i juz read shoe reviews online den got my shoes.

    currently on Asics Gel Kayano X.
    good shoe. gave me a psychological boost n improvement of 30 mins in my biathlon 2 months ago.

    now my feet r facing the seduction from Nike's Air Zoom Swift Vapor.
    its has the most beautiful blue on a shoe i ever seen.
    but Nike shoes never last long, n r more of a fashion accessory.

    good technical shoes will be Reebok's 'Running' Series, Asics, New Balance, Saucony.

    for more reviews visit www.runnersworld.com

    training has ceased since the last event. gave the JPMorgan a skip cos my mates not really interested.
    3 events on my mind now til end of the year.

    Nike Real Run (10km Road,Hill,Sand)
    Army Half Marathon (21+ km)
    Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon (10km/21km/42km)

    ORD on May 28th. Clearing leave soon, til den i pick up my training again.
    Anyone wanna join me running can PM me.

    PSSSS: ANYONE GOT LOBANG FOR RACERS? EXPLORING INTO TRIATHLONS.

  16. #16
    JusJus
    has no status.
    Class 2B JusJus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    395
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    JPMontoya, where do you stay?

    I stay at pasir ris... if you stay near my place maybe we can do training together.

    Long time didn't train liao.

    Justin Chan

  17. #17
    JPMontoya
    has no status.
    Class 2B JPMontoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    North
    Posts
    296
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by JusJus@Apr 30 2004, 09:11 PM
    JPMontoya, where do you stay?

    I stay at pasir ris... if you stay near my place maybe we can do training together.

    Long time didn't train liao.

    Justin Chan
    Toa Payoh~~~~
    haha..can always work something out.

    i dun mind east coast.

  18. #18
    MiCmAsTa
    has no status.
    SBF Moderator MiCmAsTa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Katong
    Posts
    13,856
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe you wanna try out Royal Sporting House? They do have the Measurement thingy... Running at ECP must Jio me... Haven't book my IPPT... Sian.. Have to take it by the end of this year....

  19. #19
    ^FOXY^
    has no status.
    TeePee ^FOXY^'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    pulau ubin
    Posts
    3,123
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    for running which brands do you all prefer buying ?

    i am a just a cute fox with nine tails

  20. #20
    Caocao
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    46
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ^FOXY^ View Post
    for running which brands do you all prefer buying ?
    I also want to know, anyone?

  21. #21
    delvoltec
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    58
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For jogging, I suggest Asi*s...

     

     
  22. #22
    stephaniechew
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    16
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xlim View Post
    I believe you will be interested to check out the store at peninsula plaza,
    2nd floor, there are 2 stores selling shoes of all kinds, mostly sports, and both are owned by an uncle and auntie.
    They should be able to provide the expertise and service you are looking for through their years of experience. They also supply running shoes at cheaper rates for some of the running clubs around too.
    Thanks! That's useful!! Hope its affordable there..

  23. #23
    takara7537
    has no status.
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    60
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i am a fan of Nike

    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    "I make a pretty decent living by gambling on sports (with insider news of course)

  24. #24
    Anna179
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Adidas, New Balance, Nike, etc,

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •