User Tag List

Page 2 of 346 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 17282

Thread: BMW Motorcycles

  1. #51
    den
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    25
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    How about doing parallel import? The process may be tedious but not sure will it be cheaper than PML? And Im sure PML will not service parallel imported BMWs. But since there are other authorised mechs around, should solve the maintenance problem right? But then on a different skills and trust.

    Anyone care to share at parallel import?


    Be Safe Not Sorry.............

  2. #52
    Varas
    joined the dark side
    TeePee Varas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,763
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    u might save a bit doing parallel import. But i dun think its advisable.

    The warrenty from PML is important. As most beemers are really loaded with electronics stuff. So any problem with the electrical dept would be havoc. And I think most bike shops in SGP don't have the capablilities to handle it.

    I think PML would service ur bike even its parallel, but at a premium $ and u would certainly not ibe ts piority customer over those under PML.
    VAR-A
    Varadero Adventure Riders-Asia

    V1KINGS

     

     
  3. #53
    Cyclop aka Sideways
    has no status.
    TeePee Cyclop aka Sideways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I'aim flom ze East!
    Posts
    2,698
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by den@Jul 15 2004, 01:23 AM
    How about doing parallel import?
    I think there's already someone doin parellel, saw a C1 at a bike shop in Bandemeer sometime back and then another one recently with leather trim at Orchard.


    The years thunder by.
    The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.
    Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.
    Where, then, lies the answer?
    In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?
    - Sterling Haden, Voyage, 1976

  4. #54
    Wolfener
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    100
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guys, I am thinking of getting a BMW bike. It is a R1100R. Did any of you guys heard of it before? Any comments about this model?

    If given a choice to go for a ST1100 or R1100R, which will you choose?

  5. #55
    ninjaboi9
    has no status.
    P Plate ninjaboi9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    86
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    harlow everyone ..

    i was thinking of getting of a beemer too ..

    i noe there is a great condition R1100RT (96 model). but cost $16.8k
    izzit worth the money considering a 8yrs old bike ??

    mileage is only 25,000 .. very low for a 8yrs old ...
    the motor shop ask me to check it actual service mileage..

    so how any comment on R 1100 RT ?

    babyblue (light green) colour...
    SuZuKi GXSR 1000
    1998-1999 SKIPPER, VIRAGO, TZR, VESPA
    1999-2000 S4 VER R, VTEC
    2000-2001 RVF
    2001-2002 SHADOW, ZX9R
    2002-2003 ZX9R
    2003-2004 ZX9R
    2004-2005 ST11
    2005-2006 ST11, RUNNER
    2006-2007 ST11, SUBARU IMPREZA
    2007-???? K3, SUBARU IMPREZA, HONDA AIRWAVE

  6. #56
    chung
    has no status.
    Class 2 chung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Jurong East
    Posts
    844
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Saw a 3 year old R1150R in RR Motor 2 weeks ago.
    Very tempted to buy the bike, but decided not to be rash.
    Any owner or ex-owner of this bike in the forum?
    Could you share some review or just some pointers of likes and dislikes about this bike?
    Thanks in advance.

    PS - the bike at the shop is FT7884, anyone know the previous owner?
    Why are people who ride motorcycles called bikers and people who ride bikes called cyclists?

  7. #57
    ashenZ
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s ashenZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    ~Sillypore~
    Posts
    3,546
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by chung@Jul 17 2004, 10:56 AM
    Saw a 3 year old R1150R in RR Motor 2 weeks ago.
    Very tempted to buy the bike, but decided not to be rash.
    Any owner or ex-owner of this bike in the forum?
    Could you share some review or just some pointers of likes and dislikes about this bike?
    Thanks in advance.

    PS - the bike at the shop is FT7884, anyone know the previous owner?
    yooo kena pyscho by ivan to buy bmw??? hehehe~~~

    '01 - Honda Repsol
    '03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II
    '04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European
    '05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)
    '09 - Vespa GTS300 Super
    '12 - Yamaha FZ1-N
    Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

  8. #58
    chung
    has no status.
    Class 2 chung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Jurong East
    Posts
    844
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by ashenZ@Jul 18 2004, 01:50 AM
    yooo kena pyscho by ivan to buy bmw??? hehehe~~~
    Not the luxury type like his lah...
    Why are people who ride motorcycles called bikers and people who ride bikes called cyclists?

  9. #59
    kiss29
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    681
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I

  10. #60
    NPNT
    NPNT
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    anyone went to the 1200GS launch or donno wat todae n yest at their Tg Arang Showroom? hw much does a new one cost?

  11. #61
    ayuluv
    has no status.
    SBF Cruisers ayuluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by newbie@Jul 18 2004, 11:23 PM
    anyone went to the 1200GS launch or donno wat todae n yest at their Tg Arang Showroom? hw much does a new one cost?
    hey bro.. thw R1200GS cost ard 40k... abit below lahz... otr...
    they left oni one liaoz... blue color version... might haf to wait for the next batch or try other branch lor.. btw... the place is @ kampung arang... cheers...
    Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

    Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%



    "In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

     

     
  12. #62
    NPNT
    NPNT
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by ayuluv@Jul 19 2004, 02:09 AM
    hey bro.. thw R1200GS cost ard 40k... abit below lahz... otr...
    they left oni one liaoz... blue color version... might haf to wait for the next batch or try other branch lor.. btw... the place is @ kampung arang... cheers...
    eh thanks for the info mate. left 1... meaning hw many hv been sold? hehe...

    oh yah its Kg Arang... keep tinking of it being near Tg Rhu, thus Tg Arang...

    neway dos pics of the BMW helmets r really beautiful...

  13. #63
    ayuluv
    has no status.
    SBF Cruisers ayuluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by newbie@Jul 19 2004, 02:13 PM
    eh thanks for the info mate. left 1... meaning hw many hv been sold? hehe...

    oh yah its Kg Arang... keep tinking of it being near Tg Rhu, thus Tg Arang...

    neway dos pics of the BMW helmets r really beautiful...
    hmm... me beri interested in the R1200GS... no prob at all.. cos i went to showroom on sunday wif frends... i am oso waitin for the adventure ver (if there is) cos the tank 30ltr....
    btw... regardin the sales... i think dis is the 2nd or 3rd batch... i not beri sure..
    but IT IS the top seller for dat branch...
    hey bro.. y dun u go down there n haf a look.. take some brochure n price list....
    den request for a test ride... its gonna to be fun...
    actually i tried on all the bikes that are shown there... the slackest position shpuld b the R1150RT... its really super relax.. but cos me got a kruzer.. so aimin for a diff bike... initially tot of stx, k1200gt, r1150rt, r1200gs...
    but i now really like the gs....
    Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

    Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%



    "In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

  14. #64
    Beemer06
    has no status.
    P Plate Beemer06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    197
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Was at Kampong Arang on Sunday as well. The new 1200GS is a beauty.
    Sold my GS a year ago and never looked back......until now.

    But as much as I want to own another BMW, the fact remains is that BMWs are not exactly what you decribe as "reliable". Servicing costs are astronomical in PML. And there are only selected shops that will even touch a BMW bike! $177+ for 10K km normal servicing, and I once paid $400 plus for 50000km service.

    The Price you pay? I didn't know I was going to pay sooooo much!
    Check out www.advrider.com for posts from UK and US owners.

    "BMWs can hold their value." Not true. In my case, anyone who can afford one will rather buy new. Anyone who cannot afford one will not have enough money to pay your price.

    Don't flame me, but I am an ex-owner and there are others like me. Burned by marketing and a branded product.

    Don't get me wrong, it's a great bike to crunch miles while cruising to Malaysia and thailand and beyond. But only when the ABS doesn't malfunction, when nothing leaks, header pipes don't rust, burn"eat" oil, tyres don't puncture.

    Something like a beautiful horny ex-girlfriend who likes to spend lots of your money and throw tandrums. Got good memories but you're better off w/o her.

    Just my opinion.

    ex-GS owner.


  15. #65
    nE0
    nE0
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    $177 for 10,000km? Thats like less than my Phantom!

    Every 2000km or monthly, whichever comes first:
    1litre 4t ($15)
    2litre 2t (2x$13)
    Spark Plug ($12)
    Total per 10,000km = 5 x 53 = $265!!!

    Carb I clean myself, BMW got fuel injectors, noneed servicing.
    Chain I lube myself every week, BMW use shaft or belt, maintenance free.

    So should I downgrade to a BMW to save on servicing costs? Hmmm...

  16. #66
    ayuluv
    has no status.
    SBF Cruisers ayuluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by Beemer06@Jul 21 2004, 07:00 PM
    Was at Kampong Arang on Sunday as well. The new 1200GS is a beauty.
    Sold my GS a year ago and never looked back......until now.

    But as much as I want to own another BMW, the fact remains is that BMWs are not exactly what you decribe as "reliable". Servicing costs are astronomical in PML. And there are only selected shops that will even touch a BMW bike! $177+ for 10K km normal servicing, and I once paid $400 plus for 50000km service.

    The Price you pay? I didn't know I was going to pay sooooo much!
    Check out www.advrider.com for posts from UK and US owners.

    "BMWs can hold their value." Not true. In my case, anyone who can afford one will rather buy new. Anyone who cannot afford one will not have enough money to pay your price.

    Don't flame me, but I am an ex-owner and there are others like me. Burned by marketing and a branded product.

    Don't get me wrong, it's a great bike to crunch miles while cruising to Malaysia and thailand and beyond. But only when the ABS doesn't malfunction, when nothing leaks, header pipes don't rust, burn"eat" oil, tyres don't puncture.

    Something like a beautiful horny ex-girlfriend who likes to spend lots of your money and throw tandrums. Got good memories but you're better off w/o her.

    Just my opinion.

    ex-GS owner.

    well.. thnx alot for the advice.. i guess diff ppl wil encounter diff experience reagardin bikes... no matter which brand or wat... its up to the person to decide whether its worth it... n of cos... alot of ppl discourage me to buy my present bike.. n till now.. i still haf no regrets... GS is next man... thnx again pal...
    Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

    Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%



    "In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

  17. #67
    Wolfener
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    100
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just bought a second hand R1100R from a friend. Will keep you guys posted on the maintence fees and any problem i encounter.

    Regards

  18. #68
    chung
    has no status.
    Class 2 chung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Jurong East
    Posts
    844
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by Beemer06@Jul 21 2004, 07:00 PM
    But only when the ABS doesn't malfunction, when nothing leaks, header pipes don't rust, burn"eat" oil, tyres don't puncture.
    Wow
    U mean U experinece all these while you were the owner?
    How long did you own the bike?
    Why are people who ride motorcycles called bikers and people who ride bikes called cyclists?

  19. #69
    Beemer06
    has no status.
    P Plate Beemer06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    197
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's a lot "character" with this bike. I cannot argue that it's a great ride. But if you really want to get a BMW motorcycle, there's no better choice than the new 1200GS.

    Good Luck.

  20. #70
    dcspare
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    195
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BMW = Bring More Worries

    At one point I was gullible enough to almost buy a BMW without even riding any BMW ever. Fortunately, it didn't happen and accumulating experinces on difference bikes esp suzuki's, I took up the offer of a seller to bring an 1100 roadster for a test ride. What a let down! It felt underpowered, and the boxer engine swaying ..well you know what I mean. I will take a suzuki anyday even if they were priced equally.

    Have you notice the half page advertisment by performance motors? Where do you think the money is coming from.

    dc.

  21. #71
    Cyclop aka Sideways
    has no status.
    TeePee Cyclop aka Sideways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I'aim flom ze East!
    Posts
    2,698
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sometimes its strange how we describe things, I mean if a bike is smooth, neutral, controlled, efficient like a honda for example, its called bland, boring, lacks character. If a bike has its querks, need to be handled in a specific way, can run only when everything is kept optimal, then it has character. Its all sales talk, put out by the people who sells and those who have bought them and who needs to justify the product lack of "competetiveness" in the real world sense with such abstract concepts.

    So what makes a good ride? I say to each its own. There one for each of us. and the wallet has the most say. If you like it and it makes you happy, no matter how screwed it is, its the best bike around. Just ask Looi about the guy with the Bimota, he's a happy camper, and that bike sure has "character"

    Anyway, there's a change in mindset at BMW, their bikes are getting better in weight and performance and reliability. They have to listen to the market, that's where the money is.


    The years thunder by.
    The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.
    Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.
    Where, then, lies the answer?
    In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?
    - Sterling Haden, Voyage, 1976

     

     
  22. #72
    OMD
    has no status.
    Class 2B OMD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North
    Posts
    421
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by cyclop@Jul 28 2004, 09:50 PM
    Sometimes its strange how we describe things, I mean if a bike is smooth, neutral, controlled, efficient like a honda for example, its called bland, boring, lacks character. If a bike has its querks, need to be handled in a specific way, can run only when everything is kept optimal, then it has character. Its all sales talk, put out by the people who sells and those who have bought them and who needs to justify the product lack of "competetiveness" in the real world sense with such abstract concepts.

    So what makes a good ride? I say to each its own. There one for each of us. and the wallet has the most say. If you like it and it makes you happy, no matter how screwed it is, its the best bike around. Just ask Looi about the guy with the Bimota, he's a happy camper, and that bike sure has "character"

    Anyway, there's a change in mindset at BMW, their bikes are getting better in weight and performance and reliability. They have to listen to the market, that's where the money is.
    Hiya,

    Nicely said................

    From,
    OMD
    So Many Roads

    ---------> So Much Power

    -------------------> So Little Time

    -----------------------------> It's A Vmax Thing.

  23. #73
    ayuluv
    has no status.
    SBF Cruisers ayuluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmmm... so is there anyone who had owned the new R1200GS??? care to feed some reviews?? kinda tempted on dat bike wor...
    Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

    Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%



    "In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

  24. #74
    Wolfener
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    100
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok. I have been riding my BMW for about 3 months now. Here is my review:

    Pro:
    1) ABS - Good braking system.
    2) Suspension - State of the art suspension give you good stabilty and comfort in long ride and cornering.

    Con:
    1) Electrical sensors problem - One of the most common problem of all BMW bike. cost $400/- to change. Life span according to mechcanic about 50K or 3 years.
    2) Parts expansive unlike Japanese bike due to the rise in Euro dollars against Sing Dollars.

    Hearsay proof to be wrong:
    1) Bike moving to one side due to the boxer engine. Not truth, Travel at 200km/hr at NSE. The bike stable like a rock. Didn't even feel any virbration.

    2) Maintance is expensive. Not truth. Below the break downprice depend on shop, state price only estimation)

    a) Engine oil - use mineral as recommand by BMW. pls do not use syn oil. $12/- x 4 bottles ($48). Change every 5000 km
    b) Oil filter - about $25/- change after two two oil change
    c) Spark Plug - $22/- x 2 Denso Iritium ($44).

    So you see each servicing is only about $117/-

    Hearsay proof to be correct:
    1) BMW bike must be ride consantly otherwise the engine parts with spolit - Truth.
    2) Bike might lead to right side when stationary - Truth. but the effect is very minor. you might not even feel it.

    Some tips on BMW bike:
    1) Never use a hose to wash your BMW bike otherwise the electrical sensor will spolit.
    2) Try not to go back to PML to service your bike. You will cry. Some workshop that do service BMW bikes:
    a) Stamford Motor at AMK autopoint
    b) Bike connection at Sin Ming Autocare
    c) Chan's located near Macpherson (Can't remember to shop name, sorry)

  25. #75
    Cyclop aka Sideways
    has no status.
    TeePee Cyclop aka Sideways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I'aim flom ze East!
    Posts
    2,698
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wanna know more about BMW GS bikes, check out www.advrider.com/forums. Not everybody got kind words for it man........


    The years thunder by.
    The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.
    Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.
    Where, then, lies the answer?
    In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?
    - Sterling Haden, Voyage, 1976

  26. #76
    ayuluv
    has no status.
    SBF Cruisers ayuluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfener@Sep 23 2004, 03:54 AM
    Ok. I have been riding my BMW for about 3 months now. Here is my review:

    Pro:
    1) ABS - Good braking system.
    2) Suspension - State of the art suspension give you good stabilty and comfort in long ride and cornering.

    Con:
    1) Electrical sensors problem - One of the most common problem of all BMW bike. cost $400/- to change. Life span according to mechcanic about 50K or 3 years.
    2) Parts expansive unlike Japanese bike due to the rise in Euro dollars against Sing Dollars.

    Hearsay proof to be wrong:
    1) Bike moving to one side due to the boxer engine. Not truth, Travel at 200km/hr at NSE. The bike stable like a rock. Didn't even feel any virbration.

    2) Maintance is expensive. Not truth. Below the break downprice depend on shop, state price only estimation)

    a) Engine oil - use mineral as recommand by BMW. pls do not use syn oil. $12/- x 4 bottles ($48). Change every 5000 km
    b) Oil filter - about $25/- change after two two oil change
    c) Spark Plug - $22/- x 2 Denso Iritium ($44).

    So you see each servicing is only about $117/-

    Hearsay proof to be correct:
    1) BMW bike must be ride consantly otherwise the engine parts with spolit - Truth.
    2) Bike might lead to right side when stationary - Truth. but the effect is very minor. you might not even feel it.

    Some tips on BMW bike:
    1) Never use a hose to wash your BMW bike otherwise the electrical sensor will spolit.
    2) Try not to go back to PML to service your bike. You will cry. Some workshop that do service BMW bikes:
    a) Stamford Motor at AMK autopoint
    b) Bike connection at Sin Ming Autocare
    c) Chan's located near Macpherson (Can't remember to shop name, sorry)
    hmm... thnx a millions bro... guess sometimes... its oso abit of luck when gettin a new bike... but ur review is kinda a fact n useful... really sincerely appreciate it...
    the bike always had a place in my heart... n i believe the performance is there too.. heard alot... seen alot... saw alot.... juz waitin 4 my day...
    Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

    Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%



    "In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

  27. #77
    ashenZ
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s ashenZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    ~Sillypore~
    Posts
    3,546
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hahhaha ayuluv my bro.... u very greedy ehh... how mani bikes u wan.... hahaha~

    u got a Valkyrie Interstate... u also wan a R1200GS.... u den wan a GT200.. whenz ur Valkyrie Rune coming in???? hahhaa~~

    Anyway.. ur dreamz make us bikers envious n proud... if buy... no time to ride them out.. u can call mi up u know..??

    '01 - Honda Repsol
    '03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II
    '04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European
    '05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)
    '09 - Vespa GTS300 Super
    '12 - Yamaha FZ1-N
    Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

  28. #78
    ayuluv
    has no status.
    SBF Cruisers ayuluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by ashenZ@Oct 2 2004, 09:38 AM
    hahhaha ayuluv my bro.... u very greedy ehh... how mani bikes u wan.... hahaha~

    u got a Valkyrie Interstate... u also wan a R1200GS.... u den wan a GT200.. whenz ur Valkyrie Rune coming in???? hahhaa~~

    Anyway.. ur dreamz make us bikers envious n proud... if buy... no time to ride them out.. u can call mi up u know..??
    eh.. no liddat wor... haha... its juz the bikes i like...
    n luv as well.. its not impossible to own them.. juz nid some proper plannin... hehe...
    Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

    Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%



    "In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

  29. #79
    ashenZ
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s ashenZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    ~Sillypore~
    Posts
    3,546
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by ayuluv@Oct 2 2004, 12:12 PM
    eh.. no liddat wor... haha... its juz the bikes i like...
    n luv as well.. its not impossible to own them.. juz nid some proper plannin... hehe...
    AgreEd!~~! proper planning and a good fren to help u warm up ur bikes when u cun ride all of them~

    '01 - Honda Repsol
    '03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II
    '04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European
    '05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)
    '09 - Vespa GTS300 Super
    '12 - Yamaha FZ1-N
    Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

  30. #80
    ayuluv
    has no status.
    SBF Cruisers ayuluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by ashenZ@Oct 3 2004, 12:32 AM
    AgreEd!~~! proper planning and a good fren to help u warm up ur bikes when u cun ride all of them~
    haha.. yah yah.. wat GREAT ideas u haf no lehz?? keke...
    Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

    Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%



    "In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

  31. #81
    elws
    In SGP
    Class 2B elws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    249
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ayuluv - No worries there is 7 days in a week so 1 day 1 bike and sun rest ......I know one old man in the late 50s who have 7 bikes..... dun know how he manage.

    I think this is every bikers dream ........A scooter for city riding - A dual purpose bike for all the adventure - A crusier to pose - A Sports bike for the track n when the urge for speed - A scrambler for those trail rides - A luxury tourer for the comfort of the pillon -

    The rest is up to u to choose........

     

     
  32. #82
    ayuluv
    has no status.
    SBF Cruisers ayuluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by elws@Oct 3 2004, 11:43 PM
    ayuluv - No worries there is 7 days in a week so 1 day 1 bike and sun rest ......I know one old man in the late 50s who have 7 bikes..... dun know how he manage.

    I think this is every bikers dream ........A scooter for city riding - A dual purpose bike for all the adventure - A crusier to pose - A Sports bike for the track n when the urge for speed - A scrambler for those trail rides - A luxury tourer for the comfort of the pillon -

    The rest is up to u to choose........
    hey.. bro.. thnx a millions... actually... i really liek to own alot bikes.. one of each type... it will be so shiok... somemore even when one is down for service... u still haf other dear to ride wif... its a morale booster... i am workin towards it too... keke...
    Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

    Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%



    "In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

  33. #83
    Cyclop aka Sideways
    has no status.
    TeePee Cyclop aka Sideways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I'aim flom ze East!
    Posts
    2,698
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello GS1200 owners, anyone of you on board here?? Comments on first impression please. Books and magazine aside, nothing beats the honest opinion from the riders' heart.

    Cheers!!


    The years thunder by.
    The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.
    Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.
    Where, then, lies the answer?
    In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?
    - Sterling Haden, Voyage, 1976

  34. #84
    Cyclop aka Sideways
    has no status.
    TeePee Cyclop aka Sideways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I'aim flom ze East!
    Posts
    2,698
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey Guys,

    Chk out this write-up, excellent stuff. GS & KTM.

    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54750



    The years thunder by.
    The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.
    Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.
    Where, then, lies the answer?
    In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?
    - Sterling Haden, Voyage, 1976

  35. #85
    Cyclop aka Sideways
    has no status.
    TeePee Cyclop aka Sideways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I'aim flom ze East!
    Posts
    2,698
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Weird man, 160BHP naked bike, really wicked!!



    The years thunder by.
    The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.
    Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.
    Where, then, lies the answer?
    In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?
    - Sterling Haden, Voyage, 1976

  36. #86
    ayuluv
    has no status.
    SBF Cruisers ayuluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmm.. juz get to really hear the sound of the R1200GS.. idlin is quiet... but when trottle open.. woohooo... sounds really torquy... a gd bike to own.. too bad.. now no more stock.. nid to wait till next shipment arrive... hopefully ard dec 04 - jan 05
    shortage ard the world wor..
    Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

    Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%



    "In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

  37. #87
    Ridox
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    58
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by cyclop@Oct 8 2004, 11:35 PM

    Having owned a K1200RS and R1100R, you can't compare really compare them against any of the current crop of UJM( Universal Jap motorcycle ). Riding any of them will give a unique experience. I'd still take any of them for scratching, gives u miles of confidence attacking a corner, diveless braking + ABS.

    One of the good things to take note is no matter how heavy the beemer is, its a peach to ride ( low CG ) effortless mainstand too.

    Among the bad things, BMW has adheres strictly to preventive maintenance, some of the maintenance procedures is unheard of for jap bikes( change clutch must remove shaft and gearbox) and can set you back $$$$. I couldnt keep up with the rolling figures for the maintenance bills.

  38. #88
    ayuluv
    has no status.
    SBF Cruisers ayuluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by Ridox@Oct 16 2004, 11:08 AM
    Having owned a K1200RS and R1100R, you can't compare really compare them against any of the current crop of UJM( Universal Jap motorcycle ). Riding any of them will give a unique experience. I'd still take any of them for scratching, gives u miles of confidence attacking a corner, diveless braking + ABS.

    One of the good things to take note is no matter how heavy the beemer is, its a peach to ride ( low CG ) effortless mainstand too.

    Among the bad things, BMW has adheres strictly to preventive maintenance, some of the maintenance procedures is unheard of for jap bikes( change clutch must remove shaft and gearbox) and can set you back $$$$. I couldnt keep up with the rolling figures for the maintenance bills.
    hmmm.. i strongly agree dat continental bikes mantainence still okie.. but when break down or do full servicin.. gif u a headahce.. but den... they got the style u like.. hehe..
    Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

    Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%



    "In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

  39. #89
    ashenZ
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s ashenZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    ~Sillypore~
    Posts
    3,546
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    saw on ST classifieds yesterday... got a R1150RT 2004 model selling for $33.3K o.n.o

    wonder "o.n.o" means wot..... wonder if juz machine price or 2nd hand bike....

    Best Sports tourer reviews was said to be R1150RT.... for the rich....

    and FJR1300 fo the budget tight.... but well if onli im born rich.....

    '01 - Honda Repsol
    '03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II
    '04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European
    '05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)
    '09 - Vespa GTS300 Super
    '12 - Yamaha FZ1-N
    Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

  40. #90
    ayuluv
    has no status.
    SBF Cruisers ayuluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by ashenZ@Oct 17 2004, 04:13 PM
    saw on ST classifieds yesterday... got a R1150RT 2004 model selling for $33.3K o.n.o

    wonder "o.n.o" means wot..... wonder if juz machine price or 2nd hand bike....

    Best Sports tourer reviews was said to be R1150RT.... for the rich....

    and FJR1300 fo the budget tight.... but well if onli im born rich.....
    haha.. o.n.o. if i am not wrong.. means or nearest offer...
    Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

    Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%



    "In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

  41. #91
    Cyclop aka Sideways
    has no status.
    TeePee Cyclop aka Sideways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I'aim flom ze East!
    Posts
    2,698
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by ayuluv@Oct 16 2004, 03:13 AM
    hmm.. juz get to really hear the sound of the R1200GS.. idlin is quiet... but when trottle open.. woohooo... sounds really torquy... a gd bike to own.. too bad.. now no more stock.. nid to wait till next shipment arrive... hopefully ard dec 04 - jan 05
    shortage ard the world wor..
    Hey Ayuluv,
    You managed to see one in action? Great man! Can't wait for the next shipment to arrive.


    The years thunder by.
    The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.
    Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.
    Where, then, lies the answer?
    In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?
    - Sterling Haden, Voyage, 1976

     

     
  42. #92
    ayuluv
    has no status.
    SBF Cruisers ayuluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by cyclop@Oct 19 2004, 05:46 PM
    Hey Ayuluv,
    You managed to see one in action? Great man! Can't wait for the next shipment to arrive.
    yeah.. its a nice n pretty lady wor... waitin 4 me chance to own one.. is chio man.. haha...
    Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

    Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%



    "In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

  43. #93
    vincent tan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by comics00@Apr 30 2004, 12:37 PM
    not that cannot buy BMW lah but think it is over priced, here in Singapore.

    check out the price in the region, eg. Aust, u will think twice abt buying anything from performance motor.

    I would agree to a certain extent that BMW bikes in sg cost more than certain countries.... But in Thailand itself, a BMW bike cost more than in sg.

    I rode a R1150GS b4, just sold it away to a female rider. I must say its 1 bike that I actually love and have so much fun with it. Taking a corner and scraping the crash bar is not wat a normal japanese enduro bike can do.... i guess.... Rode a AT b4, comparatively, though the GS cost higher to maintain but its still better to ride coz the handling is so much better....

    Will be considering the R1150RT in the near future....Just my 2cents worth of input...

    Cheers!

  44. #94
    comics00
    Why am I still alive?
    TeePee comics00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,756
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by vincent tan@Oct 20 2004, 05:21 PM
    I would agree to a certain extent that BMW bikes in sg cost more than certain countries.... But in Thailand itself, a BMW bike cost more than in sg.

    I rode a R1150GS b4, just sold it away to a female rider. I must say its 1 bike that I actually love and have so much fun with it. Taking a corner and scraping the crash bar is not wat a normal japanese enduro bike can do.... i guess.... Rode a AT b4, comparatively, though the GS cost higher to maintain but its still better to ride coz the handling is so much better....

    Will be considering the R1150RT in the near future....Just my 2cents worth of input...

    Cheers!
    agreen with u abt the AT. but come to think abt it, isn't AT a model too old to be compare with

    do we have any updated / comparable jap bikes in the market?
    1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

  45. #95
    ayuluv
    has no status.
    SBF Cruisers ayuluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by comics00@Oct 20 2004, 05:59 PM
    agreen with u abt the AT. but come to think abt it, isn't AT a model too old to be compare with

    do we have any updated / comparable jap bikes in the market?
    hw abt varadero??? hmm... but still .. i prefer the GS more... cos ... i like it.. hehe...
    Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

    Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%



    "In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

  46. #96
    floppy
    has no status.
    TeePee floppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,234
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by comics00@Oct 20 2004, 05:59 PM
    agreen with u abt the AT. but come to think abt it, isn't AT a model too old to be compare with

    do we have any updated / comparable jap bikes in the market?


    dun flame me...

    but there are NO comparable jap bikes in the market
    there's jap bikes... and there's bmw
    War is Peace.
    Freedom is Slavery.
    Ignorance is Strength.

  47. #97
    PL
    has no status.
    Class 2A PL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    800
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi All,

    I'm a new rider. Just put down the d/payment for a 6 years old R1100RT after searching/contemplating/thinking/hesitating for 2 months.

    After reading all the posts here, I must say it was a mixture of encouragement/discouragement. ha ha. But I saw it, I fell in love with it, and now I've bought it.

    Have I tested it? Well, I rode it alone around a carpark when I went to meet the owner. The swaying from side to side when idle is true. After that, requested the owner to bring me along ( I went as pillion) and speed to 100 km/h along AYE just so I can have a feel of it. The owner was very obliging. The ride felt stable and the bike seems willing to go. Didn't sound like it's working very hard. (Why didn't I ride it myself? he he, new rider, scared cannot handle the bike that still belong to someone else at that time). After that, took the plunge, paid the dpayment.

    If my loan is approved, I will be one proud owner. As to whether I will face positive or negative experience with it as I start to ride it regularly, I guess I'll never know until I own it. Different people will have different opinions. Different machines of the same model may even behave differently. So, wish me luck, and may I have many many happy and satisfying riding years!

    Hope I can meet some new riding friends in here and join u guys in one of your trips. :-)

  48. #98
    nE0
    nE0
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    The RT is BMW's best selling touring bike, I'm sure you will have many happy miles on it!

    I'm eyeing the upcoming R1200RT, with the new 1200cc boxter twin. Should be an interesting new model. In fact, BMW is currently renewing its ageing line of engines, starting with the 650 single, giving it twin sparks. Then the boxter twin in the new GS, lighter and more powerful. Now theres the new inline4 K engine pumping out 160+hp.

    Now why didn't they do this like 10 years ago? Look at their car's lineup, they can easily come up with an exciting motor that blows all japanese bikes away with performance numbers alone.

  49. #99
    floppy
    has no status.
    TeePee floppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,234
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by nE0@Nov 16 2004, 11:16 PM
    Now why didn't they do this like 10 years ago? Look at their car's lineup, they can easily come up with an exciting motor that blows all japanese bikes away with performance numbers alone.
    car is a very lucrative market as compared to the bike market. got to focus on ur cash cow. but ain't we all glad that they r finally looking beyond their car market.
    War is Peace.
    Freedom is Slavery.
    Ignorance is Strength.

  50. #100
    tOngEh
    has no status.
    Class 2A tOngEh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    651
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As a BMW rider, i must say that BMW is indeed a prestige brand producing cutting edge bike like the GS leaving the only a few corners in the world for exploring. The very down side and what i hate abt is that SGP PML sales department is their telephone system. Call after call leaving messages for that stupid guy RICK, he refuse to reply after and physical confrontation respond was that he never recieved any calls or messages. I had experience urgent need of spare parts and truly discouraged by their way of aftersales services. Its a sad case of good bikes meets shitty aftersales services.
    There are too many coincidences in life,
    Sometimes even a pair of parallel lines meet.

Page 2 of 346 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •