has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default BMW Motorcycles

Been thinking of getting a Beemer .... heard that for FQ can get a GS1100 for around $13k, any owners out there that can give input on this bike or later models ... in finance ..... accesorries and maintanance
    Last edited by sino74; 31-05-2009 at 06:25 PM.

clubhead
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Drawmer@Apr 21 2004, 05:40 PM
    Been thinking of getting a Beemer .... heard that for FQ can get a GS1100 for around $13k, any owners out there that can give input on this bike or later models ... in finance ..... accesorries and maintanance
    Maintenance can go > $1k from what I've heard from some owners. But seriously, I just can't understand how maintenance can cost so much.

Another negatiive thing I've heard is the shaft drive that'll cause the bike to sway to one side during high rpm. This is because of the internal rotating mass of the shaft which is absent on chain driven bikes.

Overall, I've seldom heard positive comments on BMW bikes. I liked it quite a lot initially (R1150R) and considered it as a first bike. But I think it's way overpriced for the performance you get.

nE0
    nE0
    has no status.
    Edit

Well, one things for sure, BMWs are very unique bikes.

The new GS's specifications looks sooo good!

luN
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maintenance can go > $1k from what I've heard from some owners. But seriously, I just can't understand how maintenance can cost so much.
    It true! i not riding one but once considered a 2nd hand. Went down to view one, saw the most recent service record near $800 of which more than 1/2 go to labour. The parts, OEM brake pad etc are relatively cheap.

Another negatiive thing I've heard is the shaft drive that'll cause the bike to sway to one side during high rpm. This is because of the internal rotating mass of the shaft which is absent on chain driven bikes.
    Is it becos of the boxer engine.. rock on the left then rite?

Speedpass
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heard when u go service ur BMW bike at their service centre , they charge by the hour ah ?

cos i heard not much mechs out there know how to service boxer engines ?
    GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

nE0
    nE0
    has no status.
    Edit

I think its due to the torque reaction of the shaft drive, causes the bike to lean instead of wheelie...

luN
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Speedpass@Apr 22 2004, 12:07 PM
    heard when u go service ur BMW bike at their service centre , they charge by the hour ah ?

cos i heard not much mechs out there know how to service boxer engines ?
    i think they charged by job type.. anyway.. there are also other authorized motorshop for BMW.

If i am not wrong, PML has the plug in diagnose kit for BMW.. the rest i am not sure.

Drawmer
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the info i'm getting from some adventure riding ppl is that you have to have significant amount of cash on hand for last minute stuff that needs repair ... be it accidentals or wear and tear. I know closely that some owners have had their beemers without problems for years, even after using them for tours as far as Laos border

One feedback is the beemer needs regular riding if not, some components will experience some kind of deterioration. (Forgot what they were)

But in any case, mostly is hear say, probably have to go hunting for a beemer mech for his input ..........

Off hand, a 2nd hand Africa Twin would suit me fine. If i can't get any positive feedback for the beemer, cause so far, the only perk for these BMW bikes is the shaft.

clubhead
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Drawmer@Apr 22 2004, 02:47 PM
    If i can't get any positive feedback for the beemer, cause so far, the only perk for these BMW bikes is the shaft.
    Har?? You call that a perk? Although it requires low maintenance, the part where it causes the bike to lean towards the side of the shaft during high rpm is a definite no no for me...

Not to mention that the engine sounds like sh*t.....

Dee Kay
    Dee Kay
    has no status.
    Edit

ha ha,

Alot of hear say; not much facts or....

Any BMW owners in the house??? Comments from the horse's mouth please.

Drawmer
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by clubhead@Apr 22 2004, 07:12 PM
    Har?? You call that a perk? Although it requires low maintenance, the part where it causes the bike to lean towards the side of the shaft during high rpm is a definite no no for me...

Not to mention that the engine sounds like sh*t.....
    I think the German Engineers have years of R and D behind the design, form and function of the bike, don't know for SURE whether the shaft has any MAJOR forces acting on the bikes axis during high rpm ...

as for how the bike sounds well can always record a sample of your favourite bike and play it in a loop on a cd player everytime you ride ...

clef
    clef
    has no status.
    Edit

i tink for maintainence there r some shops in amk autopoint at serangoon north ave 5 near seagate...

or u could diy since its the manpower tats expensive not the parts...

last thing is i would not saw bmw are lousy bikes...the angmohs swear by it...to each their own opinions...i have a whole list of bikes that i dislike also...

or mayb u can try checking out www.at-asia.org for more opinions...

Speedpass
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have compared prices between new BMW R1200GS bikes n new bikes like the 04 r1 in the UK . for the BMW they r selling for 9275pounds n the 04 r1 is selling for 9399pounds . which is of minor difference .

but how come in s'pore , prices r so dratically different ?
    GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

Drawmer
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by vfr9774@Apr 23 2004, 03:35 PM
    i tink for maintainence there r some shops in amk autopoint at serangoon north ave 5 near seagate...

or u could diy since its the manpower tats expensive not the parts...

last thing is i would not saw bmw are lousy bikes...the angmohs swear by it...to each their own opinions...i have a whole list of bikes that i dislike also...

or mayb u can try checking out www.at-asia.org for more opinions...
    I some of the old regulars, who frequently go touring from AT asia ..... heard most of the stuff from them, as for the Drastic difference of the different machines in singapore ... god knows .......

as for Mechs, from AT Asia there's a mech that does strictly BMW's and AT's, the mechs' name is Chan ..

recently opene a shop along Macpherson .. probably drop in to have a look~

clef
    clef
    has no status.
    Edit

Originally posted by Speedpass@Apr 23 2004, 03:46 PM
    i have compared prices between new BMW R1200GS bikes n new bikes like the 04 r1 in the UK . for the BMW they r selling for 9275pounds n the 04 r1 is selling for 9399pounds . which is of minor difference .

huh means r1 cheaper than gs12???

cant b ma...
    frm wat i read from angmo websites even they r complaining the bmws r expensive but they r so gd tats why they still buy them...

clubhead
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by vfr9774@Apr 23 2004, 11:49 PM
    huh means r1 cheaper than gs12???

cant b ma...
    frm wat i read from angmo websites even they r complaining the bmws r expensive but they r so gd tats why they still buy them...
    Yes, that's true about the part of BMW bikes being cheaper than some Jap ones. Situation is similar in US. Performance Motors is charging a high premium for the bikes in Singapore as Singaporeans are just suckers for the brand name. Just look at how much a basic 318i sells for brand new and you'll know. And you still have so many people dreaming of owning a 318i which is basically sh*t for the kind of money you're paying.

Ang moh are quite biased against their own brand ones, especially the Italians and Germans. In this area, the English are a bit, and only a bit, better. You will never catch a Italian who prefers a Honda over a Alfa

How often you see an ang moh in Singapore driving a Jap car? Most will drive a continental brand.... enough said!

clubhead
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Drawmer@Apr 23 2004, 02:26 PM
    I think the German Engineers have years of R and D behind the design, form and function of the bike, don't know for SURE whether the shaft has any MAJOR forces acting on the bikes axis during high rpm ...

as for how the bike sounds well can always record a sample of your favourite bike and play it in a loop on a cd player everytime you ride ...
    Don't put too much trust in the German engineers. You'll be surprised at some of the major flaws I've encountered on BMW cars!

Recalling back, I met a Perforamance Motors salesperson for their motorcycles at a Pasir Gudang track day. He himself rides a Jap bike and in his own words, "BMW bikes cannot make it". So go figure...

biking nomad
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Speedpass@Apr 23 2004, 03:46 PM

One thing tat drives da price up here is the foreign exchange rate. As u know da Euro is si beh strong now.
    Then there's other stuff like a premium on da brand here.

Basically, even if u compare prices for a Jap bike sold in da States n here there will be a diff in price. So perhaps, another reason to be a quitter?
    Someday, home will be where my front wheel points.

Astride a 2002 Yamaha Fazer FZS600

Drawmer
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So i guess the basic picture is that, the Beemer isn't really worth what the price tag says,(or maybe wait till the Euro drops, which will probably be never). This contributes alot to what shows on the price tag in the showroom, (and the profit margin of the dealer).

It is without doubt a BRAND name ... and as with all brand names you get alot more with the money you spend on it, albeit that sometimes you DOn't get what you want ... so it's SUBJECT to certain conditions.

So i guess when i started this forum, i wanted to find out whether it is worth the price, although i can afford it. In short, the beemer are for Super Enthusiasts .... or ppl with Super Wallets.

Thanks for the feedback guys~

murkycow
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I myself is riding a R1100RS Have been riding it for close to 3 years now. I brought it 2nd handed. The bike is almost 8years old. Here's my 2 cents...

1. monthly maint. costs ~ about $110, (oil, filter, valve tuning). Sometime serivces it bi-monthly. I service my bike at outside mach.

2. have tried running the bike to 165km/h, never notice any leaning action from the drive staft. bike still runs very stable. The only leaning action is when the bike is stationary, then it does lean to the right.

3. great braking system. the ABS with the BMW Telelever/Paralaver system doesn't have any front wheel dive when braking hard. bike just stay on the tarmac.

4. good resale value.

bryan30
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ride a GS1150 too.

every 10k then u service one time which cost around 200. Compared to sports bike 3k u pay $200. Which cost more? If u guys dun ride one, dun anyhow say. IF its 1k or 2k. Do u know what other things they repair too?
    Let say sport bike, once drop fairing and stuff will cost u 3K so u going to say ex? Those who say ex must well dun ride. lol

FYI,
    I only go back to PML to service my bike

Just me 2 cent
    ht tp://bryankuang dot googlepages dot com/

comics00
    Why am I still alive?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my ride kakis started (1999) BMW ~6 of them once, until today only 2 left R1100 & GS1150. heard plenty abt BMW & had chances to tried on all their new BMWs.

non of them use the full-sys oil and will service their bike every 5k. the main reason considering they may not find full-sys oil when travel into ulu places. maintainance at first scared the souls out of them ($$&#036 they then look for mechs in other authorised dealer. ture the normal svc. does not cost anything more than jap bikes but original parts replacement still higher as compare to jap bikes.

the accelaration the BMWs really do need extra caution. imagine going into a left bend at 100km/h, u throttle hard at exit at the rear wheel loss grip & drift out of the intent path!!!

^$30,000 for a BMW that have all the look & style without all the technology and performance.
    1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

bktan
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PML?

is that performance motors?
    Better to be loved, than to hate...

clubhead
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by bktan@Apr 29 2004, 02:43 PM
    PML?

is that performance motors?
    Yes, PML is Performance Motors.

clubhead
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by bryan30@Apr 29 2004, 10:52 AM
    I ride a GS1150 too.

every 10k then u service one time which cost around 200. Compared to sports bike 3k u pay $200. Which cost more? Let say sport bike, once drop fairing and stuff will cost u 3K so u going to say ex? Those who say ex must well dun ride. lol
    Please lah! Are you sure most people service their sports bike every 3k. Most probably only an oil change. Also that is most likely if the rider takes the bike to PG or track every other week. Platinum and Iridium plugs can last > 10k and air filter as well. Jap bikes recommended service interval is about 12k. At least for my bike, Honda X11. If you use your Beemer as hard, I don't think you'll service it at the recommended service interval of every 10k right?

You not comparing apples to apples already.

Also, sports bike drop fairing need to replace. BM bike drop don't need to replace anything meh??!! The cam cover itself will kill you. Boxer engine the engine protrude so much out of the bike. Drop sure terok terok one. Don't say got frame slider because if sports bike got frame slider, fairing also no problem what.

Feel you're bias...

nE0
    nE0
    has no status.
    Edit

Well, you cannot disagree this. Pro or con, BMW bikes are very unique machines.

Given a choice, costs aside, which will you choose, BMW GS adventure or Varadero?

I read somewhere the GS has sensors to change the engine management system fuel maps to take any kind of fuel you pump, so you can run it on ron92 fuel if you want, and the engine will not be damaged by knocking.

The new GS1200 is 30kg lighter than the old GS1150.

clubhead
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by nE0@Apr 29 2004, 10:12 PM
    Well, you cannot disagree this. Pro or con, BMW bikes are very unique machines.

Given a choice, costs aside, which will you choose, BMW GS adventure or Varadero?

I read somewhere the GS has sensors to change the engine management system fuel maps to take any kind of fuel you pump, so you can run it on ron92 fuel if you want, and the engine will not be damaged by knocking.

The new GS1200 is 30kg lighter than the old GS1150.
    Aiya, unique, character, brand name. Same thing lah. This kinda stuff very emotional one. And the brand name plays a large part like it or not. So some people will be bias for or against.

Given a Porsche Carrera 4S and the Honda NSX Type R (about same cost), most people will choose the Porsche right? Brand name what. So what if the NSX is faster than the Carrera? Who cares? It's a Porsche.

And you MUST take cost into consideration to level the already bias playing field. BMW bikes cost a big premium more than Honda. You don't compare a Subaru STi ($150k) to a Ferrari 360 Modena ($900k) right?

comics00
    Why am I still alive?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not that cannot buy BMW lah but think it is over priced, here in Singapore.

check out the price in the region, eg. Aust, u will think twice abt buying anything from performance motor.
    1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

nE0
    nE0
    has no status.
    Edit

Money can't buy you anything, but it can buy you exclusivity.

Just look at Harley Davidson. How many would fork out so much money, when they can get cheaper, lighter, and frankly much better performing and reliable machines from other manufacturers?

Don't forget, buying a Harley is just the beginning, there is an 800+ page catalogue of accessories

Now thats passion for bikes. If you can afford it, why not? Its up to the individual.

bryan30
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by clubhead@Apr 29 2004, 10:02 PM
    Please lah! Are you sure most people service their sports bike every 3k. Most probably only an oil change. Also that is most likely if the rider takes the bike to PG or track every other week. Platinum and Iridium plugs can last > 10k and air filter as well. Jap bikes recommended service interval is about 12k. At least for my bike, Honda X11. If you use your Beemer as hard, I don't think you'll service it at the recommended service interval of every 10k right?

You not comparing apples to apples already.

Also, sports bike drop fairing need to replace. BM bike drop don't need to replace anything meh??!! The cam cover itself will kill you. Boxer engine the engine protrude so much out of the bike. Drop sure terok terok one. Don't say got frame slider because if sports bike got frame slider, fairing also no problem what.

Feel you're bias...

haha. i'm not bias.. Just what i think. Before this i own a R1 which i service every 3k. Anyway all bike about same price, so cannot say bmw bike are more costy to maintain.
    ht tp://bryankuang dot googlepages dot com/

GSJohn
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am riding a GS1150 too and agree with Bryan30.

The servicing charge for BM bikes is comparable to any big bikes around... Normally a few hundred per 10k and no such thing as 1k to 2k for every 10k servicing. At least for a GS which has no fairing, if u accidentally drop bike, u prob dont have to change anything except for some minor scratch in the plastic pannier and engine guard.

Also the thing about BM bikes shaft driven and hence losing grip and drifting out when travel at high speed is bull sh*t. In fact, I'm impressed with the stability that the bike can perform at high speed corner with its paralever and telelever. I'd like to quote Bryan's line if u guys dun ride one, dun anyhow say. If u want to say, pls go try one first.

Eventually it's the performance and lifestyle that we are paying for.

John

Throttle
    needs a holiday
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually , it's more of the Style and the Brand then anything else...heheh....same reason why i bot mine.....hohoh

clubhead
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by GSJohn@Jun 5 2004, 12:32 AM
    Lifestyle, brand name, design and exclusitivity I can understand... but performance???!! Performance for a BMW motorcycle??? No offense but you gotta be kidding me...

Bieffe
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I would like to own a BMW bike one day especially the K1200GT and R1150RT. I find them a good alternatives to STs.
    Maintenace wise one cannot complain abt price as PM workshop is so state of the art and we pay for it.
    I experience the different with I went to Nissan and later to Mercedes at C&C event the receptionist looks younger and better...hahah.

Is like Harley also not really good bike but is an heritage just like BMW. Is a neich market. No everybody like to be riding the best deal.....but some ppl just like to be different and there is often a price to pay.

I am a big fan of shaft bikes....as I reckon they are more maintenance free and smoother no dry chain sound. But shaft are heavy.

Well buy toto later.

william_liu
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by clubhead@Jun 7 2004, 11:13 PM
    Lifestyle, brand name, design and exclusitivity I can understand... but performance???!! Performance for a BMW motorcycle??? No offense but you gotta be kidding me...
    Previously, your question about performance may be true for BMW Motorcycles... but times have changed.....

I'm sure you'll agree that 167bhp isn't too shabby eh?

It's my dream to own a BMW bike too, someday... (hopefully they'll be making them even lighter by then! )
    Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Cyclop aka Sideways
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any idea when the GS1200 will be avail here, wanna chk it out, backside itching, thinking of getting an alternative, something unique.

The years thunder by.
    The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.
    Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.
    Where, then, lies the answer?
    In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?
    - Sterling Haden, Voyage, 1976

koma
    koma
    has no status.
    Edit

u can go performance n check out the display set. last i ask was $42000 otr

Cyclop aka Sideways
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by koma@Jul 7 2004, 10:11 PM
    u can go performance n check out the display set. last i ask was $42000 otr
    K. thanks for info.
    By the way, besides Performance, anyone else bringing in BMW? PM pricing kinda STEEP, very painful to part with money knowing that most of it goes to the markup.

The years thunder by.
    The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.

ashenZ
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get the K1200S@!@ luk at moi signaturEe~~~

'01 - Honda Repsol
    '03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II
    '04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European
    '05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)
    '09 - Vespa GTS300 Super
    '12 - Yamaha FZ1-N
    Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

Cyclop aka Sideways
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ashenZ@Jul 13 2004, 01:08 PM
    get the K1200S@!@ luk at moi signaturEe~~~
    Interesting bike the K1200S but me already have ze road bike, aka, my FJR. Looking for an alternative, something that can be good on the road but can also take a bit of rough, one that look good even when dirty, or especially when its dirty! hek hek!!

Now still in search mode, have not zeroed on anything yet.

The years thunder by.

bktan
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sillypore got sell the 650GS ? any1 knows the cost?

clef
    clef
    has no status.
    Edit

yes...i duno the cost but i tink theres one for sale quite long in yahoo auctions...mayb u can chk it out...

Varas
    joined the dark side
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bktan> baby Gs650 is 25.8k ( depends on age too, as it includes insurance)otr dakar version

my fren just got it.
    VAR-A
    Varadero Adventure Riders-Asia

V1KINGS

bktan
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa that's quite a hefty price tag for a 600 cc.

thanks for info

Varas
    joined the dark side
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like wat previous threads said, it's a price to pay for the lifestyle, brand,design.
    VAR-A
    Varadero Adventure Riders-Asia

V1KINGS

ashenZ
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cyclop@Jul 13 2004, 02:51 PM
    Interesting bike the K1200S but me already have ze road bike, aka, my FJR. Looking for an alternative, something that can be good on the road but can also take a bit of rough, one that look good even when dirty, or especially when its dirty! hek hek!!

Now still in search mode, have not zeroed on anything yet.
    if u wanna sell ur fjr.. u noe moi pm~ hehehee~~ gd luck to ya search.. heard quite good comments on the GS.. or can try the yamaha class 2 off trailers~

'01 - Honda Repsol
    '09 - Vespa GTS300 Super
    '12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

ashenZ
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by GSJohn@Jun 5 2004, 12:32 AM
    I am riding a GS1150 too and agree with Bryan30.

The servicing charge for BM bikes is comparable to any big bikes around... Normally a few hundred per 10k and no such thing as 1k to 2k for every 10k servicing. At least for a GS which has no fairing, if u accidentally drop bike, u prob dont have to change anything except for some minor scratch in the plastic pannier and engine guard.

Also the thing about BM bikes shaft driven and hence losing grip and drifting out when travel at high speed is bull sh*t. In fact, I'm impressed with the stability that the bike can perform at high speed corner with its paralever and telelever. I'd like to quote Bryan's line if u guys dun ride one, dun anyhow say. If u want to say, pls go try one first.

John
    :thumb

heard the same comments frm moz Bemer riders.... the common misunderstanding is probz due to assumations the expensive service n parts is comparable to the bmw cars service pricing whch is not...

but... well also cun deny dat BMW bikes r very expensive.... esp when u drop or kena some minor/major accidents.....

but worth the prestige n comfort rite, Bemer riders???

'01 - Honda Repsol
    '09 - Vespa GTS300 Super
    '12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Cyclop aka Sideways
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ashenZ+Jul 14 2004, 12:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ashenZ &#064; Jul 14 2004, 12:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>if u wanna sell ur fjr.. u noe moi pm~ hehehee~~ gd luck to ya search.. heard quite good comments on the GS.. or can try the yamaha class 2 off trailers~ [/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-ashenZ
    @Jul 14 2004, 12:33 PM
    if u wanna sell ur fjr.. u noe moi pm~ hehehee~~ gd luck to ya search.. heard quite good comments on the GS.. or can try the yamaha class 2 off trailers~ [/quote]
    Sure, but you might have to wait a little cos its a great bike.

Actually, the KTM 990 would be a great alternative if not for the length of my legs, that bike is impressive too.

The rules are out for next years&#39; Dakar, big twins like the 990 and the GS are no longer allowed in. You have the 450 class which the Yamaha dual drive did so well this year, grabbing 2 victories from the big guns; and I think an open class for bikes like the 660.

Whats interesting is that neither KTM or BMW put up any resistance to the new ruling. Could they have something new up their sleeves, a secret weapon maybe, one that will give the Yam a good fight....

Maybe we should all wait a little.....hek hek....." something &#39;evil&#39; this way come " and its gonna be great

The years thunder by.

biking nomad
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cyclop@Jul 14 2004, 01:29 PM

Maybe we should all wait a little.....hek hek....." something &#39;evil&#39; this way come " and its gonna be great

Macbeth?
    Someday, home will be where my front wheel points.

Astride a 2002 Yamaha Fazer FZS600

Cyclop aka Sideways
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by rxZster@Jul 14 2004, 01:39 PM

Macbeth?
    Nope, Harry Porter.

Even more ha ha

The years thunder by.

Page 1 of 346 123451151101 ... LastLast