User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type of s4 has the best fuel consumption?

Voters
567. You may not vote on this poll
  • Project Big 1

47 8.29%
  • Ver S

199 35.10%
  • Ver R

12 2.12%
  • Spec 1

105 18.52%
  • Spec 2

40 7.05%
  • Spec 3

139 24.51%
  • Super Bol'dor

25 4.41%
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Technical - Fuel Consumption

TotoPiN
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can advise how u know when bike hit reserve? I pump once the gauge starts dancing, can I tahan any longer than that?
    i had met a few dancing guage b4 and draw the conculsions myself.

scenerio 1: mileage 300km. bike park at carpark, depend on riding style, insert key start ignition, guage started to dance.

have not touch reserve cos bike park, side stand on, bike tilt to left side. once start engine and bike start rolling, dancing guage stop.

scenerio 2: mileage 340km to 365km, depend on riding style. travelling along the road. guage dance on and off.

my opinion. have not touch reserve cos guage start to dance when i corner or rav hard on the trottle.

scenerio 3: mileage 365km to 380km onwards, depend on riding style. continuous dancing of the guage.

hit reserve liao. total fuel 18litre. hit reserve at 15litre. total fuel left 3 litre. by calculation, if 25litre per km. still can go for 75 km when continuous dancing off guage is observe.

Sev
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go get the shell petrol, really save your money, more mileage...
    my ver s normally 25km/l, after pump the new oil from shell, mileage increase t 27km/l... very good...

Biking, Bonking & Boozing...
    The three great pleasures of life.

stylomilo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh, juz got my vtec...
    how 2 reset trip meter ah?

YES SiR!

TotoPiN
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh, juz got my vtec...
    Press and hold

sfowner
    Love my VFR
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 settings. Press button to toggle. 1 is odometer, cannot reset. 2nd and 3rd are trip meters, just like bro said, press and hold, and will reset to zero.

eh, juz got my vtec...

"Thy fate is the common fate of all;
    into each life some rain must fall" - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

sfowner
    Love my VFR
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the detailed description. My gauge dances way before it hits 300 km. It's amazing how some bros here can hit way over 300 km before they need to top up. I will never try to go for 380 km, cause might end up walking to the petrol station... heh heh.

I ride mostly 110-120 kmh on highways most of the time, and also like to pull away quickly from the lights. But still cannot imagine why my consumption is so high.

scenerio 1: mileage 300km. bike park at carpark, depend on riding style, insert key start ignition, guage started to dance.

have not touch reserve cos bike park, side stand on, bike tilt to left side. once start engine and bike start rolling, dancing guage stop.

scenerio 2: mileage 340km to 365km, depend on riding style. travelling along the road. guage dance on and off.

my opinion. have not touch reserve cos guage start to dance when i corner or rav hard on the trottle.

scenerio 3: mileage 365km to 380km onwards, depend on riding style. continuous dancing of the guage.

hit reserve liao. total fuel 18litre. hit reserve at 15litre. total fuel left 3 litre. by calculation, if 25litre per km. still can go for 75 km when continuous dancing off guage is observe.

ooniq
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tried till 370km and my bike died on me at SLE b4 mandai exit..
    lucky my fren kind enuff to bring me some petrol... this time round once meter start doin the para˛, have to top up petrol

smokin
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the detailed description. My gauge dances way before it hits 300 km. It's amazing how some bros here can hit way over 300 km before they need to top up. I will never try to go for 380 km, cause might end up walking to the petrol station... heh heh.

I ride mostly 110-120 kmh on highways most of the time, and also like to pull away quickly from the lights. But still cannot imagine why my consumption is so high.

judging from your riding style, if i'm not wrong, your gauge will start dancing at about 270km.
    discipline yourself to ride around less than 5k rpm , that will be 80kmph at hi ways and anyways or less on the next top up. dun drag at all, 3 to 4k rpm change gear. i bet you'll be smiling at the milage u have. i tried once and it goes to about 360km before dancing. btw i weigh 120kgs
    pos·er (pozr) n.
    A Sportbike rider who habitually pretends to be something he is not and only care about how they appear to the public as their bikes are nothing more than props to get them noticed by girls or even teenage boys which they want to impress with fictional tales of all the hardcore riding they do.

smokin
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u miss out one bro, a different type of dance, that is from the centre go to side and side goes to centre. this one is a jialat cse, your tank is drying.
    pos·er (pozr) n.
    A Sportbike rider who habitually pretends to be something he is not and only care about how they appear to the public as their bikes are nothing more than props to get them noticed by girls or even teenage boys which they want to impress with fictional tales of all the hardcore riding they do.

Enjoy
    Enjoy
    has no status.
    Edit

judging from your riding style, if i'm not wrong, your gauge will start dancing at about 270km.
    discipline yourself to ride around less than 5k rpm , that will be 80kmph at hi ways and anyways or less on the next top up. dun drag at all, 3 to 4k rpm change gear. i bet you'll be smiling at the milage u have. i tried once and it goes to about 360km before dancing. btw i weigh 120kgs
    Issn't 3-4 k a bit too low? I find 4-5K just nice.

Enjoy
    Enjoy
    has no status.
    Edit

u miss out one bro, a different type of dance, that is from the centre go to side and side goes to centre. this one is a jialat cse, your tank is drying.
    Centre goes to left and right side.

smokin
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issn't 3-4 k a bit too low? I find 4-5K just nice.
    not really, still can change gear smoothly. no doubt that 4 to 5 k is nice. my habit is 5 from 3rd gear onwards.
    pos·er (pozr) n.

ooniq
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never see the meter dancing from centre to right/left... the meter dancing left to right and suddenly .....
    big mistake i made is that i still rode 90km/h ++ when my tank drying up... bad move

sfowner
    Love my VFR
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, will try and save some petrol lah, but really ride to enjoy also, so riding too slow also I think I will find boring after a while. Anyway, I am only half your weight, so maybe can save some petrol there... heh heh.. tks for the tip.

revolio103
    revolio103
    has no status.
    Edit

Wah me still dun knoe tat there r two dancing ways from the meter....

at wat pt of time will it dance from centre to left and rite???

smokin
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wah me still dun knoe tat there r two dancing ways from the meter....

at wat pt of time will it dance from centre to left and rite???
    i dun think u'll get to see it. if u see it, u'll have to push the bike very soon. it went beyond reserve.
    pos·er (pozr) n.

HondaSuperFour(HSF)
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow now then i know all spec 2 can go so far with 18 litres of petrol.
    my spec 2 only travel 250 km. Don't know what lei... from the time i get my bike till now about 1 year liao. every time only travel 250 km with full tank.
    Any one who what happened to my bike? or how to make my bike consumption less petrol?

NPNT
    NPNT
    has no status.
    Edit

interesting topic brought up by you... i oso wd like to know the fuel consumption of the various versions of super 4... i hope i will get many inputs... thanks...

PB1

Version S

Spec 1

Spec 2

Tai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PB1

Version S
    1) I tried 360 without reserve with JB Caltex, 320 with JB Vpower(nv whack bike, rpm nv go beyond 6.5k)

Spec 1

Spec 2
    Make Safe Riding A Practise In Our Everyday Life.

aiya4
    aiya4
    has no status.
    Edit

Wow now then i know all spec 2 can go so far with 18 litres of petrol.
    my spec 2 only travel 250 km. Don't know what lei... from the time i get my bike till now about 1 year liao. every time only travel 250 km with full tank.
    Any one who what happened to my bike? or how to make my bike consumption less petrol?
    Many factors contribute to mileage done.

1) tire pressure
    2) sprockets and chain drive condition. The chain drive is a very essential part of the bike. Take good care of it.
    3) Behaviour of ride. If you average ride above 7rpm, naturally the mileage reduces.
    4) If you pillion alot, it might contribute to the factor. The total weight of the bike have to carry is also one factor.
    5) Carb setting of bike, too rich? Overly rich?
    6) Overall condition of bike. Who knows maybe petrol could be leaking. Check all conditions of fuel hoses periodically.

More weight = more drag = power loss = turn more throttle to reach your desired range = more gas = bad mileage.

NPNT
    NPNT
    has no status.
    Edit

i perfectly agree wif the points aiya4 brought up.... but lets not look meticulously at all details.. juz a vague one will do... thanks alot...

marvypower
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many factors contribute to mileage done.

1) tire pressure
    2) sprockets and chain drive condition. The chain drive is a very essential part of the bike. Take good care of it.
    3) Behaviour of ride. If you average ride above 7rpm, naturally the mileage reduces.
    4) If you pillion alot, it might contribute to the factor. The total weight of the bike have to carry is also one factor.
    5) Carb setting of bike, too rich? Overly rich?
    6) Overall condition of bike. Who knows maybe petrol could be leaking. Check all conditions of fuel hoses periodically.

More weight = more drag = power loss = turn more throttle to reach your desired range = more gas = bad mileage.
    to add to that,

7) the type of petrol used
    8) fuel additives.
    9) type of air filter
    10) brake pads rubbing against brake disk at all times (gotta jack up ur bike and spin the wheel to see how much resistance)
    Access to the photos Vypower collection,
    Visit...
    Here

Everytime u pump V-Power,
    Remember MarVyPower!!!

ooniq
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PB1

Version S
    1) I tried 360 without reserve with JB Caltex, 320 with JB Vpower(nv whack bike, rpm nv go beyond 6.5k)

Spec 1

Spec 2
    1) 320km - reserve.. 370km - empty (SG Shell 98)

revolio103
    revolio103
    has no status.
    Edit

PB1

Version S

Spec 1
    1) 400 hit reserve(never whack above 6k rmp, change gear at 4k rpm)

Spec 2

-sOnG-
    is watching ...
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PB1

Version S

Spec 1

Spec 2
    Wow .. sure or not?! 400 sia ... most mech i spoke to said its impossible to reach that much one .. at most is somewhere 330 nia ..

Mine spec i average around 300 +/- 3.. max 310 then hit reserve liao ..

marvypower
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PB1

Version S

Spec 1

Spec 2
    aiyo never go above 6k rpm!!!
    then wat speed u going?
    waste ur V-tec leh... we exchange a few days lah...
    Visit...
    Here

Remember MarVyPower!!!

merz65
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take note not all meter for e KM is correct.. i happen to gauage spec2 n project big 1 milage fro sg to desaru.. e diff is project big 1 will clock a 10km plus more than e spec2 over e same distance.. so there is a diff between diff S4 milage clocking..

Tay BL
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My spec1 uses petrol at average speed between 90-100km (around 6k rpm n below) 22-23km per ltr. On Malaysia highways, above 6.5k rmp, the km drops to 18-19km per ltr. Full tank until it hits reserve, that is the gauge starts to flick at 330km. Anyone has more to share on Super4? I took this measurement for six month on my spec1
    "Success makes life easier.
    It doesn't make living easier"

HondaSuperFour(HSF)
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the information given. But from what i know from the manual book. It actually stated the when you turn on your VTEC. actually uses less petrol. NOT TOO sure whether correct or not.
    AS for my case, i open vtec almost everytime on the expressway on gear 6. Or is it my idling speed. which is now above 1000 rpm.

What is the correct idling speed?
    HOW to adjust it?
    HOW long you all warm up your bike?

maybe i warm up too long that why my mileage so low.

blurrblurr
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bluff bluff bluff Vtec open waste more fuel.
    Travel at low speed can save more than open vtec all the time.
    Tried many test on my Vtec already.
    Best fuel saving method for my bike is
    1) always change gear between 3000rpm to 4000rpm
    2) maintain cruising speed at 6 gear 6000 rpm. around 98-100km/h (TP will not book u for tat speed on expressway anyway.)
    3) always pump your tire to the desire pressure.

I can hit 360 when top up 16litre of petrol only!
    You are blur, when I say I am blurr.

Tay BL
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blurrblurr, I agree with u. Vtec1 opens@ around 6500rpm uses more petrol. That why on Malaysia highways, I calculate @ 18 & 19km/ltr, less I get caught with empty tank. At what rpm Vtec2 opens, anyone knows. It supposes to open earlier than Vtec1. That why is more powerful than Vtec1 and it consumes more petrol
    "Success makes life easier.
    It doesn't make living easier"

stylomilo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blurrblurr, I agree with u. Vtec1 opens@ around 6500rpm uses more petrol. That why on Malaysia highways, I calculate @ 18 & 19km/ltr, less I get caught with empty tank. At what rpm Vtec2 opens, anyone knows. It supposes to open earlier than Vtec1. That why is more powerful than Vtec1 and it consumes more petrol
    vtec1 opens @ 6750... but i think mine comes in only at 7000...
    spec2 suppose to open @ 6350

YES SiR!

Axo_vampire
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone noes , is there any way to change the timing when the valve opens ?? like making the valve open later ?
    Never ever hurt someone's feelings... may it be wif words or action tat u can never take it back...do nt act like u don't care but actually u do really care...coz no1 noes wat u r tinkin...but urself n u could just hurt some1 badly juz by doin tat...

HondaSuperFour(HSF)
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vtec1 opens @ 6750... but i think mine comes in only at 7000...
    spec2 suppose to open @ 6350

NO, vtec 2 open valve at 6250 rpm.
    check for user manual. although it is in japanese
    but figure remain the same.
    cheers
    Signal First Before You Brake
    I maybe always meowing but sometime i ROAR
    SuperFour Biker
    Beware of 6350 RPM .................. VTEC .
    Posts ALL Rights reservedďż˝.
    Reading purpose only. Not for copying or duplicated ďż˝.
    THE WINGS TO RIDE FREELY

smokin
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the information given. But from what i know from the manual book. It actually stated the when you turn on your VTEC. actually uses less petrol. NOT TOO sure whether correct or not.
    AS for my case, i open vtec almost everytime on the expressway on gear 6. Or is it my idling speed. which is now above 1000 rpm.

What is the correct idling speed?
    HOW to adjust it?
    HOW long you all warm up your bike?

maybe i warm up too long that why my mileage so low.
    discipline yourself to travel at only at about 5k rpm(ie about 80kph only) at sixth gear, change gear at 3rd to 4th gear . u'll surely see an increase in milage. best is to try it after u fill petrol to a full tank.
    u can adjust your idling to about 1k, the knob is somewhere under the carb at the centre. u can't see unless u bend down and peek, the knob is shape like a little tap. on your next trip to a bike shop, ask the frenly mech to show and teach. it's hard for me to really describe how to look for it and turn to adjust.
    warming up takes about 3 to 5 mins, mine takes about one smoking cigarette , if late less than that or just touch the block to feel if it's warm.
    pos·er (pozr) n.

hjxfabio
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is Vtech2.. Fuel consumption quite good leh, I must say.. Can go up 360-370 km before hitting reserve.. Using Vpower or Shell 98 also the same.. But the thing is I dont open v-tech often.. Usually travel on the expressway around 90 to 96 km/h, just before v-tech opens..

stylomilo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

power, my vtec ard 310km flash liao...

YES SiR!

BaMBiNo
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone noes , is there any way to change the timing when the valve opens ?? like making the valve open later ?
    anyone noes the ans. to this qustion?? i oso interested to noe leh

stylomilo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone noes the ans. to this qustion?? i oso interested to noe leh
    civics can change their vtec timings, dun know abt s4...

YES SiR!

Aprilia_Lover
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine version S 340Km then hit reserve. Total about 370-380Km for full tank Vpower. Normally change gear at 5rpm for gear 1 & 2. And 4rpm for 3 & 4.
    Speed is not important at all, what it matters is the skill of riding safely and treasuring your own life in your own hands.

Superfour CB400s friendster: superfour_cb400s@hotmail.com

hachi
    waiting to down grade
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanna ask u, BTW Ver S usually the fuel gauge pointed to where then going into reserve?Is the needle pointing towards the end just like when u off the key or into the red zone then reserve tank? Csan someone advice?
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

marvypower
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanna ask u, BTW Ver S usually the fuel gauge pointed to where then going into reserve?Is the needle pointing towards the end just like when u off the key or into the red zone then reserve tank? Csan someone advice?
    mine the needle goes out of the meter then hit reserve...
    Visit...
    Here

Remember MarVyPower!!!

Aprilia_Lover
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mine the needle goes out of the meter then hit reserve...
    Mine is when the needle is to the extreme "E", something like when the engine is off.
    Speed is not important at all, what it matters is the skill of riding safely and treasuring your own life in your own hands.

Superfour CB400s friendster: superfour_cb400s@hotmail.com

ck_yeo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey.. my Vtec2 full tank without opening vtec at all can go up to 280km then reach reserve tank le... y so much different from other vtec2 bike???? izzit something wrong with my bike or wat??

both my xiao bai... ^_^

merz65
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey.. my Vtec2 full tank without opening vtec at all can go up to 280km then reach reserve tank le... y so much different from other vtec2 bike???? izzit something wrong with my bike or wat??
    think maybe ur bike too chrome liao..

Vtec 2
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Vtec 2 hit reserve at 280KM also (85% highway)...
    should be normal rite ?

Btw , your header damn chio...is it from version S or u chrome it ???

ck_yeo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not normal leh! alot of vtec 2 rider, their bike can reach 300km+ then hit reserve... ours around 270+ hit reserve liao...
    btw, the previous owner chrome it. not mi...

both my xiao bai... ^_^

HondaSuperFour(HSF)
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha...
    then i be wasting my money liao
    i only can hit 280km with full tank that include the reserve.... maybe because my motor shop set the idling speed to 1000- 1200 rpm.... whether does it really consume lot of petrol that decrease the mileage?
    From wat i know the rpm should be 800 -900 rpm.
    Please advise thanks you very much.
    Signal First Before You Brake
    I maybe always meowing but sometime i ROAR
    SuperFour Biker
    Beware of 6350 RPM .................. VTEC .
    Posts ALL Rights reservedďż˝.
    Reading purpose only. Not for copying or duplicated ďż˝.
    THE WINGS TO RIDE FREELY

hachi
    waiting to down grade
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha...
    then i be wasting my money liao
    i only can hit 280km with full tank that include the reserve.... maybe because my motor shop set the idling speed to 1000- 1200 rpm.... whether does it really consume lot of petrol that decrease the mileage?
    From wat i know the rpm should be 800 -900 rpm.
    Please advise thanks you very much.
    That is normal idling range for our bike and doesnt really contribute to fuel consumtion much.Check ur air filter?
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

ooniq
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont think caused by idling... mine is ard that range (1000-1200rpm)

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast