posted to M.R
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default P***** Motor

Any comments?Heard it's a good and lots of advices come from them.

Date: Since Feb 2008
    Shop Name: Planet Motors
    Address:3007 Ubi Rd 1
    #01-430 Singapore 408701
    Tel : 67474740
    Opening Hours: 9am to 6pm
    Not So Busy period: 9am to 10am every mon to wed.
    Peak Period: Mostly Thurs, Fri and Sat.

All types of bikes

-(2001-2008 R1)
    -(Bandit400)
    -(RVF)
    -(GSXR400,600,750,1000 K5-K8)
    -(S4 Ver S,Spec I,II,III)
    -(CBR900RRV,929)
    -(SP)
    -(CBR400,600,1000)
    -Kup Kias

=====================================================
    Reply being posted frm one of the members,shiraz

What service/product did you purchase? : front brake pump or something spoilt, went to 3 bike shops and yamaha agent, all could not find any problem! but ah chong press my front brake lever he know already!

Level of service: 10
    Level of knowledge: 9
    Level of value for money: 10
    How happy are you overall: 20!

What makes this shop commendable?

ok my front brake had some problems when i got the bike... went to the shop i got it from, they ask me to raise my handlebar because the angle of the wire cannot pump brake fluid! stock dragstar handle cannot pump brake fluid properly la very good... ok nvm... went to 2 other shops all said it's normal.. then nvm, went to agent for a full service + grease shaft.. agent said it's normal as well and that got no problem..

so i made the trip down to planet one fine day and asked ah chong(boss) what was wrong? he said.. bleed the brake can already.. if cannot u come back have to check the pump. so i said ok la..

he changed the brake fluid and there was actually water in the reservoir(dunno how it got there!)

after changing the fluid, the problem was still there but very very very slight.. but im a sucker for perfection la so i went back there 2 days later and told him still got problem then he said muz change the rubber or something la i forgot.. around $30+... BUT he had to order it so asked me to come tmr.. and i asked him where is a goot place to make a rear number plate... so he recommended the shop at the corner.. and i got my number plate made... silver wording on black acrylic back then i thought i wanted to ask ah chong to fix la coz scared later i damage the plate ah heart pain..

so i went back the next day (i live at jurong BTW) got the thing fixed, and he showed me that it was leaking and there was brake fluid all inside my lever the compartment there.. the mech cleaned it up and changed the rubber thingy..

and i asked to fix my rear plate also la.. drilled 2 holes and all.. so i went to pay... then this is what ah chong said... "u punya $38 campur lobang ah.. $4 satu lobang, $2 dua lobang.. betol???" (translation = yours ah $38 plus holes ah, $4 one hole, $2 two holes, correct???") i was like HUH.. damn blur for awhile then i started laughing already..

very very reliable shop!

AH CHONG
    Last edited by 299; 30-05-2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Unauthorise Advertising

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

redname
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ProjectD@Dec 28 2004, 10:25 AM
    Any comments?Heard it's a good and lots of advices come frm them 2.
    yah, if u know them well, those small small things they won't charge money.

i find tht the boss is quite gd at troubleshooting. he'll try to give u the cheapest solution also. tht time my radiator leaking, suppose to be spending few hundred dollars change the radiator but in the end i spend ard few dollars to buy radiator sealant
    http://www.wix.com/hongming/photojourney

madman
    misses his VLX600...
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

good service loh. $$$ wise no comment.

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)
    Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

posted to M.R
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by redname@Dec 28 2004, 10:31 AM
    yah, if u know them well, those small small things they won't charge money.

i find tht the boss is quite gd at troubleshooting. he'll try to give u the cheapest solution also. tht time my radiator leaking, suppose to be spending few hundred dollars change the radiator but in the end i spend ard few dollars to buy radiator sealant
    but do they do class2 sportbikes?
    Coz recently i went dwn couple of times, they do gxr400,sp,kawa,rxz....so forth...

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

WildCard
    has no status. Not that he cares....
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They do my TLR for oil and small stuffs like cables and minor wirings.
    First time I went there someone sent a ZX11 for overhaul and a few months back, they were working on a BlackBird overhaul.
    Also seen a few Busas and big tourers there.....

I like to go to them coz they give me sense of trustworthiness. The boss is really friendly and a good joker. The mechs are very friendly too and willing to explain to you the problems your bike has. Plus he can help you hunt down for parts and will tell you whether he can get it or not, instead of telling you he has and then subsituting for something else.

One bad thing is, never go there on a Saturday if you're planning to do something big. He'll be very busy on Saturdays and may push your bike back. Best is to call him ahead and confirm with him the best day to do it. Alternatively, come early morning and be the first customer. He will spend a lot of time on your bike.

posted to M.R
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing of fork oil and seals, brake pads, alignments, flushing out of coolent....wat are ur views?
    Recommended?

posted to M.R
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to planet today, told him my front wheel steering side got sound.
    Got good impression on the boss himself.
    Rode my R1 and later told me tat my front steerin juz need to tighten.So he did 4 me at no cost.
    So nice of him.

WildCard
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ProjectD@Dec 28 2004, 11:05 AM
    Changing of fork oil and seals, brake pads, alignments, flushing out of coolent....wat are ur views?
    Recommended?
    for suspension works, I would recommend BikeLab.

Sorry, il4 has converted me. MWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

shoei
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not much bad comments on this shop.should be not bad
    To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

在绝望中坚强

chase79
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ProjectD@Dec 28 2004, 10:25 AM
    Any comments?Heard it's a good and lots of advices come frm them 2.
    where is it??

R3sistor
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ProjectD@Dec 28 2004, 10:34 AM
    but do they do class2 sportbikes?
    Coz recently i went dwn couple of times, they do gxr400,sp,kawa,rxz....so forth...
    Yes they do service class 2 bikes there.
    The service there is good and price is reasonable. They never try to carrot chop you.
    Like when they check yr bike.. if the part never spoil but still can use.. they sure tell you can use don change. don waste money.
    Nike - Just do it!

R3sistor
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ProjectD@Dec 28 2004, 02:25 PM
    Went to planet today, told him my front wheel steering side got sound.
    Got good impression on the boss himself.
    Rode my R1 and later told me tat my front steerin juz need to tighten.So he did 4 me at no cost.
    So nice of him.
    who did it for you? Patrick? AH Chong? or the fat mech(sorry i jus can't remember his name..)
    Nike - Just do it!

ah_tee
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah chong is ok la, he wont carrot u for things that is not spoiled, can do free he will do,

but price wise they are not the best, somethings are cheap but some do not, esp he hate pple who buy their own parts like me n ask him to fix, he will charge sky high labour fees

and he will do the same no matter how long u be wif him, but he has lost some old customers because his price is not flexible, he dun see relationship one

overall i can say hes ok but jus dun expect him to treat u any better even if u been wif him for few yrs

and who the hell is patrick, theres onli chong, wei chong, fat cat and one young guy, and the old despatch guy, ah yen went over to some units down

Nok97
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ah_tee@Dec 29 2004, 12:41 AM
    ah chong is ok la, he wont carrot u for things that is not spoiled, can do free he will do,

but price wise they are not the best, somethings are cheap but some do not, esp he hate pple who buy their own parts like me n ask him to fix, he will charge sky high labour fees

and he will do the same no matter how long u be wif him, but he has lost some old customers because his price is not flexible, he dun see relationship one

overall i can say hes ok but jus dun expect him to treat u any better even if u been wif him for few yrs

and who the hell is patrick, theres onli chong, wei chong, fat cat and one young guy, and the old despatch guy, ah yen went over to some units down
    hmmmm patrick is the guy ah chong call--Ah BENG!!!~~
    Lolzzz

siak
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cross the road safely, There lots of chance to cross it but u only have one LIFE!

R3sistor
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ah_tee@Dec 29 2004, 12:41 AM

Patrick = ah beng lor.
    I always call him patrick though..
    Nike - Just do it!

K|ay
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, Ah beng oso haf ang moh mia!

I do my maintenance at planet for maybe 1-2 years, seen big bikes do come to him. So far their service charge is rather low, compare to powerwheel.... My bike's battery connection is loose, so I ask the mechanic to tighten for me. Unscrew 1, 2 and 3 screws, then tighten one screw. I thought if I change my engine oil, he would not charge me. In the end, the tightening cost $3. At planet, usually he dun charge me for this kind of things.

redname
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he let me charge batt & check whether the batt still can be used, all for free

NPNT
    NPNT
    has no status.
    Edit

Originally posted by K|ay@Dec 30 2004, 12:20 PM
    Haha, Ah beng oso haf ang moh mia!

I do my maintenance at planet for maybe 1-2 years, seen big bikes do come to him. So far their service charge is rather low, compare to powerwheel.... My bike's battery connection is loose, so I ask the mechanic to tighten for me. Unscrew 1, 2 and 3 screws, then tighten one screw. I thought if I change my engine oil, he would not charge me. In the end, the tightening cost $3. At planet, usually he dun charge me for this kind of things.
    haha.. i tighten chain at Powerwheel... kena $2..

posted to M.R
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by chase79@Dec 28 2004, 02:56 PM
    where is it??
    Ubi Ave,Blk 3007 juz behind 3004 coffee shop.

WildCard
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tightening cost $3?
    wah, they really wasted that much energy ah?
    I got the thin mech from Planet to help me adjust and tighten my chain. Free also.

bomisman
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did my first servicing there too when i first took out my Spec 2. The boss ask me why i decided to do here... told him " Someone recommend" Boss smile only..
    The greatest mistake is to repeat the same mistake

redname
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by bomisman@Dec 30 2004, 07:50 PM
    Did my first servicing there too when i first took out my Spec 2. The boss ask me why i decided to do here... told him " Someone recommend" Boss smile only..
    the boss also ask me same thing when i visited him 1st time with my rxz. i reply "cause ur shop is the 1st one mah" (haha, not knowing tht i have went against the traffic)

Shawn--
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

( yap i agreed )

But duno i sway or wad la.. he always charge me very high.. tio chop. His price COMFIRM PLUS CHOP not flexible wan.. gotta see his mood. Last time i went n ask for a bike's price.. he gave me 2k.. few days later go back he give me 2.4k -_-
    "When you use your index finger to point at a problem, there are 3 fingers of yours, discreetly pointing at yourself"

posted to M.R
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Shawn--@Dec 30 2004, 09:39 PM

( yap i agreed )

But duno i sway or wad la.. he always charge me very high.. tio chop. His price COMFIRM PLUS CHOP not flexible wan.. gotta see his mood. Last time i went n ask for a bike's price.. he gave me 2k.. few days later go back he give me 2.4k -_-
    ah....so serious boh?

WildCard
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always tot he's not a good bike seller.
    Looking at his selection and price-range, confirm not a savvy bike-seller.
    To me, he's better off as a service workshop.

posted to M.R
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agreed...
    His technical ability is well commended.He knoes as and when which part of ur bike should changed.

WildCard
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I must say I let him do mostly minor servicings and non-critical stuffs. Major engine works I have to go to someone more capable. In my case, its back to Kallang Cycle.

DESMOSEDICI
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

always repeat the quote.." TA.. mA... dE..." wheneva im there.. haha.. ah chong's fav quote.. he cant stop using it.. haha.. damn funny..

sunnyday
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by DESMOSEDICI@Dec 31 2004, 10:23 PM
    always repeat the quote.." TA.. mA... dE..." wheneva im there.. haha.. ah chong's fav quote.. he cant stop using it.. haha.. damn funny..
    nov 99 - mar 06 nsr150sp

motofreak
    motofreak
    has no status.
    Edit

Been goin to his shop for over 4 years now. All i can say is that his service is good. Pricewise he is ok with me. (He just dun like people using his stuff to fix parts they bought sumwhere else or arrogant guys.) His advise and experience wise is . He rode my srad abit and he came back with all the faults in mind.

ah_tee
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by WildCard@Dec 31 2004, 05:11 PM
    bike sales is not their main line, they dont sell unless cust put there to sell or if they took it in at low price

its a svc shop rite frm the start

ah_tee
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been wif him for a few yrs also

i didnt know beng got ang moh mia call patrick whahahahah

ah chong sometime open mouth give u funny funny price

then u mus **** him abit then u leave him alone for awhile until he tink properly he make a few calls then he will let u know

his price wont be carrot price, but sometime will be slightly higher

one ting abt them is he dont mind sharing lobangs

redname
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by DESMOSEDICI@Dec 31 2004, 10:23 PM
    and he likes to scold pple "pig head" in chinese

DESMOSEDICI
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by redname@Jan 1 2005, 04:13 AM
    and he likes to scold pple "pig head" in chinese
    "ni zhe ge zhu tou"..

posted to M.R
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a frd of mine dropped his honda wave, i recommend to him this....is it advisable?

GRassCuTTeR
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi..if anybody of u got go planet this few days, pls help me remind ah chong to find my front disc rotors. tell him i went to his shop last week but dint manage to get a pair to fit my bike. anyway ah chong rocks!
    Yesterday was history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a blessing. I love today.
    1998: honda hurricane
    1999: Rxz, TXR150 gamma
    2000: L2s turbo
    2001: ZXR250
    2002: RS125
    2003: CBR900

R3sistor
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by WildCard@Dec 31 2004, 05:11 PM
    true.
    Another thing is, they don't do reloan. only full cash for their bike.. To me, i feel planet is more of a service work shop..
    Nike - Just do it!

GhostRider17
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by R3sistor@Jan 3 2005, 10:16 PM
    true.
    Another thing is, they don't do reloan. only full cash for their bike.. To me, i feel planet is more of a service work shop..
    it seen like ... i must went down to try their service...

StRaIgHt RoAd Is FoR KiDs ....... BuT CoRnErS Is FoR RaCeRs

Keane Su Yi Jie
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah chong - best at troubleshootin. good at Carbrator class 2 bikes, all class 2A bikes and all 2b bikes.

ah beng - best at repairing, wiring n etc. troubleshootin not as good as boss. good at EFI class 2 bikes n all other class 2a or 2b bikes. only lack of the good ability to do troubleshooting.. if not he surpass ah chong liao.

da mao or dua mao - same as ah beng. works faster but seepae chor lor.. sometimes nv pay attention to small things.. He is weak at class 2 bikes.

ah huat (the new guy) - he started wif zero knowledge.. can see he is pickin it up well.. so giv him afew years ? haha

wat they charged is ex compared to other shops.. but workmanship can sae is worth the cost. for example big bikes carburators.. to service cost 80 bucks.. but after servicing.. cfm feel the diff. n all the settins do swee swee. somethings cannot charge too cheap.. cos, too many ppl come.. n price needs to b raised at times.. the demand for them is there n some dun mind payin more.. juz like branded stuffs.. hw to compare to giodano or hangten all this brands ? quality workmanship.
    Success is not something you pursue. Its like chasing a butterfly, you cant quite catch it. Success is something you attract by the person you become.

Jim Rohn

Shawn--
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by aH^BeEz@Jan 5 2005, 05:53 PM
    ah chong - best at troubleshootin. good at Carbrator class 2 bikes, all class 2A bikes and all 2b bikes.

ah beng - best at repairing, wiring n etc. troubleshootin not as good as boss. good at EFI class 2 bikes n all other class 2a or 2b bikes. only lack of the good ability to do troubleshooting.. if not he surpass ah chong liao.

da mao or dua mao - same as ah beng. works faster but seepae chor lor.. sometimes nv pay attention to small things.. He is weak at class 2 bikes.

ah huat (the new guy) - he started wif zero knowledge.. can see he is pickin it up well.. so giv him afew years ? haha

wat they charged is ex compared to other shops.. but workmanship can sae is worth the cost. for example big bikes carburators.. to service cost 80 bucks.. but after servicing.. cfm feel the diff. n all the settins do swee swee. somethings cannot charge too cheap.. cos, too many ppl come.. n price needs to b raised at times.. the demand for them is there n some dun mind payin more.. juz like branded stuffs.. hw to compare to giodano or hangten all this brands ? quality workmanship.
    hmm think see ur bike at there b4.. nice paintwork.( though it belongs to da mech called ah beng ...) where did u get it done ?
    "When you use your index finger to point at a problem, there are 3 fingers of yours, discreetly pointing at yourself"

posted to M.R
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by aH^BeEz@Jan 5 2005, 05:53 PM

do they do mods on class2 bikes or watever types of bikes like those at motorworld?

Keane Su Yi Jie
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for mods.. ask ah beng aka patrick aka wei chong
    Success is not something you pursue. Its like chasing a butterfly, you cant quite catch it. Success is something you attract by the person you become.

Jim Rohn

posted to M.R
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone has done mods on their bikes?

Care to share ur views on their gd service?

xridez
    xridez
    has no status.
    Edit

Originally posted by aH^BeEz@Jan 6 2005, 08:12 PM
    for mods.. ask ah beng aka patrick aka wei chong
    WOw.. at last u come in tok. R U d one who work at ah-chong there when sch attachment? Maybe U know who am I nw.... the guy who have a Class2 n Class2A bike who always go there. Recently I just sold off my bike.... hahaha

R3sistor
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AH bee's the man~
    Nike - Just do it!

Keane Su Yi Jie
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

er... ya haha care to tell mi wat r ur 2 bikes ? izzit S4 n K4 ? juz to make sure u r tat guy.. haha

Jim Rohn

Keane Su Yi Jie
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Shawn--@Jan 5 2005, 10:23 PM
    hmm think see ur bike at there b4.. nice paintwork.( though it belongs to da mech called ah beng ...) where did u get it done ?
    the bike's nv was ah beng's.. it was all along mine.. haha he got his xr4 alwaes parked infront of my gsx4.. mayb u misunderstood ? hee

Jim Rohn

sloth
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent my cbr400 there for last 2 years, and recently cbr900 as well. Both done by him. Cannot fight his "happy" service. Have not kena carrot even once yet. Best of all, you don't have to put up with any attitude. Going there brings a smile to my face, which isn't something I can say about some other shops.

Btw, I don't see the point someone raised about his "prices" sometimes high sometimes low, based on a bike he was selling. READ THE SIGN, it says "PLANET MOTORCYCLE SERVICE CENTRE". You don't go there to buy bike, you go there do your SERVICING.

Ah Chongism
    You: My bike got sound, come from there (pointing).
    Ah Chong: Sure not? (checks) Aiyah, got mouse lah! 500 I fix for you!

WildCard
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remembered why I stuck with him.
    1 week after I bought my bike with him, my rectifier died, taking the battery with it. Desperate, I had it towed to a bike shop well known in this forum (I will not name the shop) becoz it has a very cheap towing charge. Checked and verified my rectifier was burnt out. A replacement cost me $250 (original Suzuki one for my bike).
    1 month later after I overhauled my gearbox, at the advice of a fellow forumer, I went down to Planet to get my first oil change there. I came very early and was the first 2 customer with a Malay rider on his SRAD750 K2. While waiting for my EO to drain out, I looked over at the bike and overheard the mech testing and confirming his rectifier is a goner. New one? $180.
    Curious, I asked Ah Chong how much for a replacement TLR rect. He told me, "Same. Ard $180 also."
    Even with towing charges, its still a bigger bargain.
    Well, the rest is history...

Page 1 of 78 123451151 ... LastLast