User Tag List

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 2182

Thread: [Groups] HONDA CB750 / CB1000 / CB1300

  1. #51
    Mussolini
    has no status.
    TeePee Mussolini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,605
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    if old cb1000, the earliest is FL and the later model is FM or FN. cb1000 is not rare.
    1 Oct 04 - 8 Dec 05 ____Phantom 200 FV 6644R -- LAURA
    8 Dec 05 - 24 Jan 09 _______ Super 4 Vtec 1 FR 4602X--LANA
    ------- - --- _______________________________-- LENALEE

  2. #52
    dannyelly
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    14
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi bro... just brought my nighthawk 750 a mth ago. my is the old type.1993 model.

     

     
  3. #53
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by dannyelly@Sep 1 2005, 12:31 AM
    hi bro... just brought my nighthawk 750 a mth ago. my is the old type.1993 model.
    Hi Danny,

    Congrats! Hope you enjoy the ride!

    God Bless!
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  4. #54
    spy622
    has no status.
    SBF Scooters spy622's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    somewher out ther
    Posts
    7,409
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    some CB13 pics...













  5. #55
    dannyelly
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    14
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi rainman....... my servicing is due so i'm going to do my servicing. u got place to recommend? by the way where is Rosil shop? i intended to use 20W50 engine oil.so wht u think? 20W50 is under semi or fully? sorry for asking so many question at a time ya

  6. #56
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by dannyelly@Sep 4 2005, 11:23 AM
    hi rainman....... my servicing is due so i'm going to do my servicing. u got place to recommend? by the way where is Rosil shop? i intended to use 20W50 engine oil.so wht u think? 20W50 is under semi or fully? sorry for asking so many question at a time ya
    Hi Danny,

    Well, I do my own oil change and at present I am using 20W50 but it is mineral based oil (non syn Mobil Super 4T). As for where Rosli's shop is, you can PM William Tan. He goes there pretty frequently. I have been invited by William to drop by but have been pretty busy with work (i am a pastor). So far, so good, the 20W50 oil serves its purpose well but need to change more frequently (3000kms interval) unlike fully syn oil. Hope this helps?

    God Bless!
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  7. #57
    ViciousKitty74
    ViciousKitty74
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    Arggghhhh...

    the CB1300. I wan!!!!

    Was salivating at it the other day where I was comparing the XJR 1300 to the Cb1300.

    Did a double take on the road when I catched up with a XJR 1300 and nearly buanged into the back of a car. Didnt know that both are on the road till recently.

    Can someone advise me the height clearance of the CB1300? Is it about the same for the S4?

  8. #58
    nE0
    nE0
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    I saw a Suzuki GSX1400 on the road before too.

    All these 3 are huge street bikes! Not small like the Super4s.

  9. #59
    ViciousKitty74
    ViciousKitty74
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by nE0@Sep 5 2005, 02:36 AM
    I saw a Suzuki GSX1400 on the road before too.

    All these 3 are huge street bikes! Not small like the Super4s.
    Curses!!!!!

    So the only hope of me on a CB1300 is as its 'chai'.


    hint....hint...hint.....

  10. #60
    luohan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi all

    I am new here. I am also thinking to buy this bike. Can you tell me where to buy is the cheapest? and about the spare parts easily accessable? Dont see much of this bike any more. Therefore, quite worry on the spare part...

    Thanks

  11. #61
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by luohan@Sep 8 2005, 10:04 AM
    hi all

    I am new here. I am also thinking to buy this bike. Can you tell me where to buy is the cheapest? and about the spare parts easily accessable? Dont see much of this bike any more. Therefore, quite worry on the spare part...

    Thanks
    Hi Luohan,

    If you can afford brand new, I believe at Looi's Motor located in Kaki Bukit, they have a unit there. I heard that it is priced at about $14000 OTR. On the other hand, you can go down to Universal Motor located along Alexandra Road. They may have one or two there. Another good place to go look around at is Alexandra Village. There are alot of shops there and so you may come across one.

    On the spare parts, I don't think it's a major problem. As this bike is still being produce in Japan, FJT or even Boon Siew will still carry stock. The reason is because SSDC are still using this strong workhorse. Just for your info, they have two kinds of models, one is called the Nighthawk 750 and the other called the CB SevenFifty/RC42. If you go to the Bike Review Section of this forum, you will come across a post about this bike's review by William Tan. Do read it. Alot of information put down. Hope this helps.

    God Bless!
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

     

     
  12. #62
    gargantua
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I highly suggest DO NOT BUY NEW.

    This bike are legendary in reliablity and has been in production for a loooong time. If you bike it at $14k. I can assure you the depreciation hit will be extremely hard to swallow.

    Get a good used for 4 to 5K and be happy. The are many leftovers herded around waiting for buyers.
    "Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing"

  13. #63
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by gargantua@Sep 8 2005, 05:20 PM
    I highly suggest DO NOT BUY NEW.

    This bike are legendary in reliablity and has been in production for a loooong time. If you bike it at $14k. I can assure you the depreciation hit will be extremely hard to swallow.

    Get a good used for 4 to 5K and be happy. The are many leftovers herded around waiting for buyers.
    I guess you're right. There are alot of 2nd hand ones in the market. You just need to find a good one.
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  14. #64
    luohan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi all

    I have already brought one... at Looi. After much bargin, I brought at 13K....
    collect bike at this Saturday..

    Wanted to know the break-in for this bike. According to the shop, first 1000km, change engine oil then sebsequent is 2000km, then 3000km. Is it true? During break-in, what is the ideal speed? anyone can comment.

    I wont be selling the bike la, so dont really care of the depreciation... Ok la can use it at least six - seven years... Nowadays petrol so high, so do those 1000cc and above bike heard they drink fuel like water.. use this bike as trasportation is good enough...

    Maybe we can form one team in Singapore...

  15. #65
    Huggable
    has no status.
    Class 2 Huggable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    1,451
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Share with us your experience with the new CB750 after you collected it!

  16. #66
    gargantua
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    809
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wont be selling the bike la, so dont really care of the depreciation... Ok la can use it at least six - seven years...
    Never said never. There are great bikes so Im sure you wont have a problem with it.
    "Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing"

  17. #67
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by luohan@Sep 8 2005, 10:41 PM
    hi all

    I have already brought one... at Looi. After much bargin, I brought at 13K....
    collect bike at this Saturday..

    Wanted to know the break-in for this bike. According to the shop, first 1000km, change engine oil then sebsequent is 2000km, then 3000km. Is it true? During break-in, what is the ideal speed? anyone can comment.

    I wont be selling the bike la, so dont really care of the depreciation... Ok la can use it at least six - seven years... Nowadays petrol so high, so do those 1000cc and above bike heard they drink fuel like water.. use this bike as trasportation is good enough...

    Maybe we can form one team in Singapore...
    Hi Luohan,

    Congrats bro on your purchase! If you don't mind, if you have a copy of the owners manual, I would like to take a look at it or if possible, photocopy it. I bought mine 2nd hand so it didn't come with the bike. Do PM me if we can meet up.

    About the break in, first 1000km/80kmh, change oil. Next change will be at 3000km/90kmh, change oil and oil filter. Anyone else, please feel free to comment.
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  18. #68
    luohan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi all

    Yes, the ride is awesome... engine sound is teriffic. I feel like speeding but cannot
    as the bike still not break-in yet. Went to JB to pump petrol just now. Wah drink petrol till 17L....

    I would like to ask how come this bike no fuel gauge? how would I know if the fuel is empty. Can any brother care to share. I know you all will say read the KM. But if someone itch hand go and turn that thing. I seow liao. Then another thing dont have is the Hazard light switch....

    I guess that why the bike is "old" model. never mind la guess the immigration officer cannot check on me if next time they impose that Spore motor-bike also need 3/4 tank to go in JB.

    Can anyone know tell me where to install or modifyhead light. I feel light including another one more headlight look like Trimuph rocket III...

    As for rainman, yes we can meet up and pass you the manuel so you can go photo-copy. My email address is luohan27@yahoo.com.sg. These few weeks I busy as I am on reservist and renovate/swifting house maybe meet at end nov...
    Thanks

  19. #69
    Yamaha
    has no status.
    Class 2B Yamaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    420
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    anyone with a cb750k?
    Hello
    Old doesnt mean no good!

    TZR125 2RK
    XR400

  20. #70
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by luohan@Sep 11 2005, 10:33 PM
    hi all

    Yes, the ride is awesome... engine sound is teriffic. I feel like speeding but cannot
    as the bike still not break-in yet. Went to JB to pump petrol just now. Wah drink petrol till 17L....

    I would like to ask how come this bike no fuel gauge? how would I know if the fuel is empty. Can any brother care to share. I know you all will say read the KM. But if someone itch hand go and turn that thing. I seow liao. Then another thing dont have is the Hazard light switch....

    I guess that why the bike is "old" model. never mind la guess the immigration officer cannot check on me if next time they impose that Spore motor-bike also need 3/4 tank to go in JB.

    Can anyone know tell me where to install or modifyhead light. I feel light including another one more headlight look like Trimuph rocket III...

    As for rainman, yes we can meet up and pass you the manuel so you can go photo-copy. My email address is luohan27@yahoo.com.sg. These few weeks I busy as I am on reservist and renovate/swifting house maybe meet at end nov...
    Thanks
    Hi Luohan Bro,

    Ok, for the fuel, from full tank to reserve you should get 340km - 350km. No choice if someone fiddles with the gauge. Anyway, this model of bike seldom attracts itchy fingers unless your bike is painted completely white with rear and side boxes also in white!

    Ok, you let me know when you are free and I will come and get the manual from you and get it zapped

    God Bless and Ride safely!
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  21. #71
    dannyelly
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    14
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi bro... my from full tank and hit reserve is bout 214 mile. all bro there... may i knoe ur meters read in km or mile? while as for my it in mile.

     

     
  22. #72
    Huggable
    has no status.
    Class 2 Huggable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    1,451
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Didn't noticed that the CB750 does not have fuel gauge. Anyway the 3/4 tank rule only applies to cars, not bikes.

    To get an accurate reading, track the odometer rather that the tripmeter, as it cannot be reset!

  23. #73
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by dannyelly@Sep 12 2005, 08:03 PM
    hi bro... my from full tank and hit reserve is bout 214 mile. all bro there... may i knoe ur meters read in km or mile? while as for my it in mile.
    My speedometer reads in KM. I am surprise that yours reads in Miles! Huggable is right, use your odometer to gauge your fuel intake. So far mine shows 340km - 350km from full to reserve.
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  24. #74
    ongcs
    has no status.
    P Plate ongcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    98
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Guys

    I'm riding the 1995 CB750 P. Just got it in Jul actually. It's the US model, engine in silver paint, single disc brake front and drum brake rear, smaller oil radiator, odeometer in both miles/km, rounder fuel tank and slightly different side and rear fairing. Air filter is different also - K&N filter can get from eversucess at $108. Not sure about the rectifier.

    Upgraded from S4 verS. Love the low end torque. Alas not so much of mid range - but then maybe my ride is old : ) Just about adequate for our highway.

    My fuel consumption is not as good - abt. 18.5km/ltr. And the bike runs better on v-power - which i go to JB for pump usually early Sunday morning (about 6.30am). Anyone going in same time? The lack of fuel gauge is ok - as i usually refer to the trip meter - most bike fuel gauge are not accurate anyway.

    It's great to see this post. Maybe we guys can meet up some day, ya?
    Psalm 144:3-4
    O LORD, what is man that you regard him, the son of man that you think of him?
    Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow.

  25. #75
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Guys,

    Anybody interested in meeting up for a kopi? We can all view each others CB's. We don't have to stay out late. Maybe for 2hrs only. Please send in your suggestions!

    God Bless!
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  26. #76
    luohan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi all

    count me in.... I stay at Sembawang area.

  27. #77
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by luohan@Sep 13 2005, 10:35 PM
    hi all

    count me in.... I stay at Sembawang area.
    Hey dude!

    I stay in Woodlands! Ok, we wait for the rest to respond.
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  28. #78
    ongcs
    has no status.
    P Plate ongcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    98
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm in Bukit Panjang.
    Psalm 144:3-4
    O LORD, what is man that you regard him, the son of man that you think of him?
    Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow.

  29. #79
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by ongcs@Sep 14 2005, 09:18 AM
    I'm in Bukit Panjang.
    Thanks Ong. How about the rest of the guys? William Tan???
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  30. #80
    dannyelly
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    14
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm in choa chu kang crescent

  31. #81
    dannyelly
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    14
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi ongcs...
    i think my bike is same like ur
    i always go in at night time and i top up caltex ron 97
    never try v power b4
    i going in tonight and i will try v power than i let u know which 1 more better.

     

     
  32. #82
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Ong & Dannyelly,

    Looks like we are all staying in the northern region. Well, there's still one more biker, William Tan who rides a CB750. Let's wait for him to come in and from there we decide where to meet for a 'kopi'.

    God Bless!
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  33. #83
    ongcs
    has no status.
    P Plate ongcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    98
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi all

    Ya, seems like we are all in the North Western part of Singapore. Should be easy to meet up.

    Fri and Sat nights are no good for me. Got cell group and service, respectively. Last minute arrangement also difficult for me as got to help take care of the kids. But usually ok after say 9pm on weekday nights. How about the rest?

    Sun morning (6am - 7.30am) is usually the time i go for petrol in JB (shell along Jln Wong Ah Fook - and yes, V-POWER), if i go that is. It's the best day/slot cause there's almost no queque at all. In and back in BP within 45 mins is mostly possible. Towards 7.30am, bit of queque on the way back at the immigration (4-5 bikes) and custom check (a bunch) but at most 10 mins delay. Pump between 16L to 17.5L most time, pick up a few loaves of Gardenia bread and i saved about S$18 to S$20. Not too bad for a 45 mins ride in the cool morning air


    Also thinking of riding to Mersing via Kota Tinggi and back via Kluang n NS highway one of these Sat or Sun. Basically to start out early around 6am latest, in Mersing for breakfast + some information gathering (island trip n Endau Rompin), go to Kluang, which i heard has got good twisties enroute, early lunch at Kluang (some good food i heard), a short blast along the highway to clear the bike system and back in Singapore around 3pm. Haven't got a date fixed but hope to do it by end Oct. Got 2 riders keen (myself and friend), so it's a small group. Anyone keen?

    Will keep you guys updated.

    God Bless
    Psalm 144:3-4
    O LORD, what is man that you regard him, the son of man that you think of him?
    Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow.

  34. #84
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by ongcs@Sep 15 2005, 09:20 AM
    Hi all

    Ya, seems like we are all in the North Western part of Singapore. Should be easy to meet up.

    Fri and Sat nights are no good for me. Got cell group and service, respectively. Last minute arrangement also difficult for me as got to help take care of the kids. But usually ok after say 9pm on weekday nights. How about the rest?

    Sun morning (6am - 7.30am) is usually the time i go for petrol in JB (shell along Jln Wong Ah Fook - and yes, V-POWER), if i go that is. It's the best day/slot cause there's almost no queque at all. In and back in BP within 45 mins is mostly possible. Towards 7.30am, bit of queque on the way back at the immigration (4-5 bikes) and custom check (a bunch) but at most 10 mins delay. Pump between 16L to 17.5L most time, pick up a few loaves of Gardenia bread and i saved about S$18 to S$20. Not too bad for a 45 mins ride in the cool morning air


    Also thinking of riding to Mersing via Kota Tinggi and back via Kluang n NS highway one of these Sat or Sun. Basically to start out early around 6am latest, in Mersing for breakfast + some information gathering (island trip n Endau Rompin), go to Kluang, which i heard has got good twisties enroute, early lunch at Kluang (some good food i heard), a short blast along the highway to clear the bike system and back in Singapore around 3pm. Haven't got a date fixed but hope to do it by end Oct. Got 2 riders keen (myself and friend), so it's a small group. Anyone keen?

    Will keep you guys updated.

    God Bless
    Hi Ong,

    Same here! Fri and Sat nights are out for me. Got cell group and family bonding sessions. Last minute meetings also are out for me. Yes, weekday nights after 9pm is ok for me.

    About your ride up North in Oct, I am interested as long as it is the last week of Oct. 3rd week of Oct, I will be in New Zealand so can't make the trip. Haven't brought my bike to Msia yet. Please keep me posted.

    God Bless!
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  35. #85
    William Tan
    has no status.
    Kruzers William Tan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    1,730
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry guys for not coming in earlier...

    Hey dannyelly, I just moved to Choa Chu Kang Crescent!! Blk 863B! Cool! If you see a CB750 with 3 big boxes, that would be me.

    And yes, a meet up will be a very good thing indeed...

  36. #86
    William Tan
    has no status.
    Kruzers William Tan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    1,730
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another way to knowing how much petrol you have left...

    There's a switch on the left side. You can switch to main, off, or reserve.

    Ride in main until when you feel you bike going do die off. That means no more petrol flowing. Switch to the reserve and this would last you for about 60-70km more.

  37. #87
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi William, Ong, Luohan and Dannelly,

    Ok, finally all CB riders have come in!

    Ok fellas, my proposed date for our first meet up is:

    Date: Tuesday, 20th September 2005
    Time: 9.30pm
    Venue: Any ideas????

    Hope you guys can make it. We don't have to hang out long hours. PM me your contact number.
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  38. #88
    William Tan
    has no status.
    Kruzers William Tan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    1,730
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i dont know man...
    new to the north-west area...

  39. #89
    William Tan
    has no status.
    Kruzers William Tan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    1,730
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by dannyelly@Sep 12 2005, 08:03 PM
    hi bro... my from full tank and hit reserve is bout 214 mile. all bro there... may i knoe ur meters read in km or mile? while as for my it in mile.
    Yours is in miles cos yours is the Nighthawk 750, from the US of A.

    And according to your reading, you have a damn good milage.

  40. #90
    ongcs
    has no status.
    P Plate ongcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    98
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Suggest we meet in Woodlands. Somewhere near Marsiling MRT station cause just need to exit from BKE at Wls Ave 3.

    Rainman: Any good Kopi shops there?
    Psalm 144:3-4
    O LORD, what is man that you regard him, the son of man that you think of him?
    Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow.

  41. #91
    dannyelly
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    14
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi bro willian... wow... we stay so near hor.. my blk no is690A. i'm riding a red nighthawk with only a rear box.while tne next time when i see u i sure will horn at u than u will know who i am already he... but i think i saw u b4 but not very sure lor. while hope to see u soon near cck.

     

     
  42. #92
    dannyelly
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    14
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi bro rainman... 20th sep i'm not around singapore so i cant make it on tat day. sorry ya

  43. #93
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by ongcs@Sep 15 2005, 05:41 PM
    Suggest we meet in Woodlands. Somewhere near Marsiling MRT station cause just need to exit from BKE at Wls Ave 3.

    Rainman: Any good Kopi shops there?
    Hi Ong,

    Yes, at Woodlands Grove there is a malay muslim joint and they serve good tea and kopi. Parking also convenient. Are the rest of you ok with the suggestion?
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  44. #94
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by dannyelly@Sep 15 2005, 06:18 PM
    hi bro rainman... 20th sep i'm not around singapore so i cant make it on tat day. sorry ya
    No worries! We can meet up again. Take care and see you soon!
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  45. #95
    luohan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok for me...

  46. #96
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok fellas, the confirmed date and time for our first meet up is as follows:

    Date: Tuesday, 20th September 2005
    Time: 9.30pm
    Venue: Marsiling MRT Taxi Stand

    I am riding a red coloured CB750 with three boxes. Please PM me your contacts just in case and I will PM mine to you all. See you there!

    God Bless!
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  47. #97
    bensonloo
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Telok Blangah Crescent
    Posts
    57
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bro, good choice, I rode the bike for 3 yrs in the past, so are my friends, all 3 of us love this bike, we now riding ST.

    piece of advice, use good engine oil cos this bike is oil cool. full syn oil can last u 8000km per change, work out the sum your self, u end up save money instead of using cheaper oil.

    there is no need to change sparks plug if u have no problem starting the bike in the morning when engine is cold. and smooth engine while running.

    DIY your servicing, it is simple and save money and reliable.

  48. #98
    ReBornBikeR
    has no status.
    TeePee ReBornBikeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Singapore
    Posts
    1,546
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Didn't know there is a CB750/Sevenfifty thread in here,
    rode one three years ago, bought it new from Mah Pte Ltd, paid $14,500 for it.

    Sold it off one year later due to not suitable for Malaysia highway riding and overtaking
    and also don't like the idea of having no fuel level gauge ( even a wave have a digital gauge )

    Apart from these and the rear wheel easily lock up, this bike is very good, I miss it very much.
    It doesn't make any difference whether a motorcyclist has the right-of-way or not, the rider is the one most likely to get hurt.




  49. #99
    Black Rain
    is flying in a deep blue dream...
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Upp Thomson Road
    Posts
    1,224
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Benson and RebornBiker,

    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I started this thread about 4mths back cause I wanted to find out among the 15000+ members of SB Forum if anyone owned this ride. Well, so far there are 4 of us who are riding this machine and that's good for a start. I have always desired to own this bike since its inception. No regrets owning it. Well, hope to see more bikers owning this ride. It's simple and fuss free and with Honda's legendary technology, can't see us going wrong.

    God Bless!
    Don't tell God you have a big problem. Tell the problem you have a big God!

  50. #100
    ReBornBikeR
    has no status.
    TeePee ReBornBikeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Singapore
    Posts
    1,546
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It would be nice if the four of you can post a pix of your bike here?

    BTW like what Bensonloo said, this bike can easily DIY your basic servicing,
    the only problem is to replace the oil filter when the exhaust pipe is hot
    It doesn't make any difference whether a motorcyclist has the right-of-way or not, the rider is the one most likely to get hurt.




Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •