keppel having big bonus man

imported_ken_
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,im new to this site,student at sp (completed NS as PCG) currently 2rd yr DMR,was thinkin signin bond with AP moll as cadet engineer but was told by friends tat sailing is very tough,i check with my lecturers,they said first 6months cadet pay USD 500-600,after which coc those stuff u go class 5 pay increase 200 more or so something like tat...What im tryin to find out more from other people who had done sailing before wats your comment on sailing?Actally was determine to go sailing but heard alot of negative stuff so now is like half half,either Sailing as cadet or ask for sponsership from keppel Fels.Thks for all comments,i believe u guys are workin personel have good comments to share with a new guy goin into marine industry...thks in advance.

vicious
    is goin' slow...
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by enHANZed@Nov 4 2006, 04:43 PM
    keppel having big bonus man
    WoOow...which Keppel? Care to share how many mth this year end?

It doesn't matter how good your bike is, but how long you can ride it
    Performance doesn't lie on the bike, it boost when the ego broke!!
    It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile...winning's winning..

enHANZed
    enHANZed
    has no status.
    Edit

fels lor didn't u read the papers ? 4.4-7.3 mths i tink

player1799
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fels..7.2 months..
    all time best and will increase next yr..

kAtH3rIn3
    HAS OWNED, TESTED & RIDDEN. NO BIG DEAL LOSING YOU!
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anybody working in the procurment side in shipyards?
    send ur enquiries to me!!

katana777
    always HUAT ARR
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah manz keppel fels bouns is gd...they r my ex-company big customer, know some engineers there n they seems happy...too bad i left marine industy liao

vicious
    is goin' slow...
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fels...well..well..how come the paper got the news, yet the management have not sit down n discuss.

With tremendous work load suits the 7.2?..then take the challenge.

It doesn't matter how good your bike is, but how long you can ride it
    Performance doesn't lie on the bike, it boost when the ego broke!!
    It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile...winning's winning..

Dean_46
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys wana ask u if ISM or institute of shipping management the courses are reccognised here in the shipping and marine sector ? Cuz i'm thinking of taking a part time diploma , maybe work in the marine industry in da future so hope u guys can give me some input thanks alot

My Motto : Ride Fast , Brake Harder

Good In Nature But Evil By My Own Free Will

God's Biggest Mistake Is The Creation Of Man / Now It Has Turned Against HIM

The Worst Thing A Human Being Has To Endure Is Not Being Comfortable In His Own Skin

Sex Is Fun When U Minus The Clothes And Divide The Legs, But Not When You Start MULTIPLYING !!!

Dean_46
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone knows

My Motto : Ride Fast , Brake Harder

Good In Nature But Evil By My Own Free Will

God's Biggest Mistake Is The Creation Of Man / Now It Has Turned Against HIM

The Worst Thing A Human Being Has To Endure Is Not Being Comfortable In His Own Skin

Sex Is Fun When U Minus The Clothes And Divide The Legs, But Not When You Start MULTIPLYING !!!

LimHammett
    clocking posts days in SBF is well over.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ken_@Nov 5 2006, 12:53 AM
    Hi all,im new to this site,student at sp (completed NS as PCG) currently 2rd yr DMR,was thinkin signin bond with AP moll as cadet engineer but was told by friends tat sailing is very tough,i check with my lecturers,they said first 6months cadet pay USD 500-600,after which coc those stuff u go class 5 pay increase 200 more or so something like tat...What im tryin to find out more from other people who had done sailing before wats your comment on sailing?Actally was determine to go sailing but heard alot of negative stuff so now is like half half,either Sailing as cadet or ask for sponsership from keppel Fels.Thks for all comments,i believe u guys are workin personel have good comments to share with a new guy goin into marine industry...thks in advance.
    Sailing is FUN! look it in a positive way.. i completed my cadetship engine in feb dis year.. 6 months plus onboard ship.. first few days will be hard lah..cos u blur dunno anything and how the system goes onboard the ship..when u slowly learn the ropes and make new frens onboard then u will automatcally blend in.. and yeah sumtimes emergency comes and u will start cursing about sailing life.. for example..but when u got time to go shore..WOO HOO! cant believe my luck when my ship got delayed at hamburg for almost 1 week! everyday go shore man! and everyday $$$ fly! when onboard shp, every sat got party..play bigo or horse racing..den got pool table, got TV and "movies" to watch.. hahah! Fun lah sailing...now to think of it i missed sailing life...cant wait to get enlisted for NS, quickly finish it and go back to the sea!!!

Hinata^
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys didnt know there is a shipyard thread here as well haha...

Shipyard Newbie reporting in
    == The shortest distance between two points is always under construction ==

chee_teck
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kAtH3rIn3@Sep 15 2005, 07:03 PM
    oh, i'm dealing with wire ropes, shackles, pp/manila/nylon ropes, chains, slings, hoists, anchor chains and lots more ..

so which shipyard r u frm ??
    Ermmmwhat is ur company name ar Kat?
    Long time no see man..
    Kenneth

Leisure riding...explore riding... but not FREE RIDING

Telur sebiji, riuh sekampung! - (Direct translation) Lay one egg, tell whole village

imported_ken_
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi LimHammett,realli thks for ur reply,can i ask u which company u went too for the cadet 6months?U got bond with them or its juz the 6 months?Im lookin for companys now,NOL reply me sayin they considering,hope its all well...Hope to hear from ya soon..thks alot/

stRobe
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I envy those who can sail on ships.This will be something I doubt i'll ever do in life though I am really interested in it.

If not for my parents' objections, i wouldnt be studying in university now. I honestly feel that i'd be happier living on a ship instead of reading page after page of crap in uni.

How I wish to be at sea...
    In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth is a Revolutionary Act

LimHammett
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ken_@Dec 9 2006, 11:51 PM
    Hi LimHammett,realli thks for ur reply,can i ask u which company u went too for the cadet 6months?U got bond with them or its juz the 6 months?Im lookin for companys now,NOL reply me sayin they considering,hope its all well...Hope to hear from ya soon..thks alot/
    hey bro.. i di my cadetship wif NSSPL a subsidary xompany of NOL.. they manage APL ships.. i got a 1 year bond wif them after my NS.. means a total of 1 and half years bond.. 6 months as cadet and 1 year after NS as a 5th eng for 6 months and 4th eng for another 6..

kAtH3rIn3
    HAS OWNED, TESTED & RIDDEN. NO BIG DEAL LOSING YOU!
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by chee_teck@Dec 9 2006, 04:20 AM
    Ermmmwhat is ur company name ar Kat?
    Long time no see man..
    I was with Kim Teck Leong Offshore Pte Ltd..
    Now with Marinehub Pte Ltd..
    Yea lor, long time no see =)
    U have enquiry for me? hurhur..

imported_ken_
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi LimHammett,Oic NSSPL i did apply to tat company too and they say will reply me again,im still waiting for their reply...U contact the company urself or the lecturers contact for u??I actally contact the company myself,not sure if its becoz not thro lecturers recommand tats y its slow in process,but i relly wann try it out goin sailing to see different places as i love travelling.Praying hard they reply with good news soon as i will be completeing my studies in 2008 feb it may sounds a long time but soon it will reach tat day.Tats y nw find company sponser at least montly got $$$...

LimHammett
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for my 6 months sailing i got my lecturers to do it for me.. mr Chew Hock Cheng is the one in charge.. lecturers do it even faster...rather than u go and approach the company urself..

and bro a piece of advice..

if u sign bond with the company because of the $$$ den i suggest u really tink hard again..

is sailing life really wat u want?? will u b homesick??

and when seaman share their experience of visiting other countries..u guys only hear the good stuff! the suffering and the work we had to do onboard really sux man..

esp container ships.. mine F*****g big engine.. sulzer rta 85 with 12 units..den when it comes to unit jobs it can take more than half a day to change a liner.. and the port stay for container ships is usually 1 or 2 days and the work in the engine room has to be completed in the timeframe..

not wanting to put u down.. but if u wan to sign bond with the company think of the consequences first.. sum of my frens who cant take sailing life quit halfway and haf to pay back the company compensation..

dis is my advice to u ah bro..

imported_ken_
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi LimHammett,really thks for the advice u share and the workin condition,i total agree wat u mention(the good stuff and not the bad)i ask my lecturers too and they keep sayin those good stuff,maybe they could bluff those kids in my class age below 20,im aready 25 completed NS and i seen many types of people,regardless incamp or outside,i understand theres surely lots of hard work at sailing and they kept it to themselves but in my opinion,with juz a diploma cert,if i stay in shipyard,i really see not much future,shipyard is also Siong....Tats y i intend to go sailing.If the company really replys me,i will check with them wats the bond duration i need to sign those stuff.Of coz i.ll miss my home and gf but come to think of a betterlife next time,i feel tat its life..Another thing to ask u Lim,so during ur studies u actally sign bond with NSSPL already?U get paid montly during ur studies?Or u juz go sailing rite after ur studies for the 6 months?Or after ur 6months with them Than u sign 1 year with them??Thks in advance..By e way,if u feel like not postin in main PM me also can...Greaty appreciates.

LimHammett
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ken_@Dec 13 2006, 10:59 PM
    Hi LimHammett,really thks for the advice u share and the workin condition,i total agree wat u mention(the good stuff and not the bad)i ask my lecturers too and they keep sayin those good stuff,maybe they could bluff those kids in my class age below 20,im aready 25 completed NS and i seen many types of people,regardless incamp or outside,i understand theres surely lots of hard work at sailing and they kept it to themselves but in my opinion,with juz a diploma cert,if i stay in shipyard,i really see not much future,shipyard is also Siong....Tats y i intend to go sailing.If the company really replys me,i will check with them wats the bond duration i need to sign those stuff.Of coz i.ll miss my home and gf but come to think of a betterlife next time,i feel tat its life..Another thing to ask u Lim,so during ur studies u actally sign bond with NSSPL already?U get paid montly during ur studies?Or u juz go sailing rite after ur studies for the 6 months?Or after ur 6months with them Than u sign 1 year with them??Thks in advance..By e way,if u feel like not postin in main PM me also can...Greaty appreciates.
    i never sign bond with NSSPL when im studying..

i only sign with them in my 3rd year b4 the semester exams..

during that period, the lecturers will ask the students whoever is interested in sailing..

den u will choose 3 companies from a list of shipping companies that accept cadets..

when signing the contract with NSSPL..its stated in it dat i must complete the 6 months cadetship with them and after my NS haf to stay with the company for a year..

hope this helps...

imported_ken_
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok..thks alot for tat info Lim.

CBR_Rider
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys my new job will be dealing with marine paint. starting 07. any kakis?

ayecaramba
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--------------------
    Last edited by ayecaramba; 01-03-2011 at 04:22 PM.
    No, but, yeah, but, no, but, yeah, but, no, but, yeah, but

SweetChild
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone working in keppel fels now? hows life there? is it very good life or no life?

Come, as you are, as you were, as I want.... you to be....

Wahoo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keppel fels officer level relatively slack lah, but for supvisors & workers...... buzy like hell~~~ work till vomit blood......
    Four Wheels Move the Body, Two Wheels Move the Soul.
    Honda Phantom TA200 || Kawasaki ZXR400 || Yamaha YZF-R6

raphael
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shipyard life bleah.. everyday have to wake up farking early and it's grey life man (was in attachment in keppel drydock)

got a classmate working down at keppel now >> shakes head

if you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, go sailing. it's way much better than jailing in a drydock. pay's much better as you have more gold bars on your epaulette. anw, i sailed on young vlcc, automated engine room, so can sin nang a bit lah..
    Last edited by raphael; 11-07-2007 at 01:19 AM.

you. guilty.

SweetChild
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    keppel fels officer level relatively slack lah, but for supvisors & workers...... buzy like hell~~~ work till vomit blood......
    to get into officer level, i believe minimum a degree is it?

SweetChild
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Small Machine View Post
    shipyard life bleah.. everyday have to wake up farking early and it's grey life man (was in attachment in keppel drydock)

got a classmate working down at keppel now >> shakes head

if you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, go sailing. it's way much better than jailing in a drydock. pay's much better as you have more gold bars on your epaulette. anw, i sailed on young vlcc, automated engine room, so can sin nang a bit lah..
    i tot of it to.... i got a 1yr bond wit a shpyard, but i don feel like serving it first... u think i can skip, sail first till chief, n go back ashore to serve my 1yr? coz i think having gone sailing will have a better advantage in getting a better appointment there....

Flora
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey hotcakes... tot u in office oso got time to post here n 'enquire'?

SweetChild
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do i know u?

raphael
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetChild View Post
    i tot of it to.... i got a 1yr bond wit a shpyard, but i don feel like serving it first... u think i can skip, sail first till chief, n go back ashore to serve my 1yr? coz i think having gone sailing will have a better advantage in getting a better appointment there....
    i think u just break the bond man if you're not sponsored. when you become chief, the company is waiting for you to be superitendent in the office shd you retire from sea. i THINK promotion in drydock is slow compared to ship. NOL promotes fast as my i have a fren bonded with them.

anw, keppel came to my sch and gave a talk about joinin their company then got 1 fella ask: "if i have CoC 1, what position can you offer me?"

they replied: "assistant engineer (for newbies in the drydock)"

WTF is this man.

you. guilty.

SweetChild
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

break the bond? that easy to decide...but not easy to pay back, hahaha
    my plan is skip, sail, earn and repay the company, how's that? possible?....

SweetChild
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Small Machine View Post
    i think u just break the bond man if you're not sponsored. when you become chief, the company is waiting for you to be superitendent in the office shd you retire from sea. i THINK promotion in drydock is slow compared to ship. NOL promotes fast as my i have a fren bonded with them.

anw, keppel came to my sch and gave a talk about joinin their company then got 1 fella ask: "if i have CoC 1, what position can you offer me?"

they replied: "assistant engineer (for newbies in the drydock)"

WTF is this man.
    btw did u sail as an engineer?

raphael
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetChild View Post
    btw did u sail as an engineer?
    u got try to talk to company about your plans?
    coz for you sail to C/E, you need to be with shipping company for sometimes.
    you're from SP dmr course right? keppel sponsored your studies?

path to C/E:
    6mth kadet >> class 5 orals >> (18 months from Class 5 or watch keeping level to Class 2 and another 18 months from Class 2 to Class 1.
    ) >> class 2+1 course + exam >> qualified 1/E or C/E.

even if you hold class 1 engine coc, you may not be abled to sail straight away as C/E, maybe 1/E for sometimes. depends how the company wanna promote you..

= = =

ps: yep, i sailed as kadet. got my coc 5. but i'm not bonded with any companies now.

you. guilty.

SweetChild
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you think the co will let me sail for sometime be4 joining them?.... i am quite interested to sail tho... work my way to the top frm there, then serve back the bond once i have stopped sailing...

raphael
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cannot comment on pure speculation.
    u really gotta have a good talk with your kompany about ur plans.

you. guilty.

dinesh
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys m actually quite interested in this line... so may b u guys can give me feedback or sumthing.... m currently doin my dip in mechatronics eng... can i go in 2 marine line with this cert.... n if i can wat will b doing... may b wat kind of post n hows the job scope like.... tanxx alot... chao

ghost
    What is love???
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me also in marine line but my company is the Marine Fuel Oil Supplier for Maersk, K Line, MOL, MSC, OOCL, ACX, etc...
    Yamaha TZR > Kawasaki KIPS >> Suzuki GSX-K >>> Honda NSR >>>> Yamaha RX-Z >>>>> Honda CB400 Ver S >>>>>> Kymco X400i

player1799
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does your com deal in oil and gas..?
    looking for electrical engineer?

Wahoo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinesh View Post
    hey guys m actually quite interested in this line... so may b u guys can give me feedback or sumthing.... m currently doin my dip in mechatronics eng... can i go in 2 marine line with this cert.... n if i can wat will b doing... may b wat kind of post n hows the job scope like.... tanxx alot... chao
    sure can, no prob.
    got a lot fresh grad with dip/degree in mechanical/mechatronics/civil/electrical... etc...
    Four Wheels Move the Body, Two Wheels Move the Soul.
    Honda Phantom TA200 || Kawasaki ZXR400 || Yamaha YZF-R6

Ah_Ben
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone got draftsman to intro?
    I need one for a 3mths temp job at tuas crescent. Pay at 3k, but must got some offshore drawing experience and a laptop with autocad.

YangGou
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who works as a shipyard diver ??

YangGou
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, commercial offshore diver, also count ??

Double Brotherz
    Relax mode
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey bros.... i have a ITE Nitec NTC cert but not relevant to marine line.... but i always wanted to be part of the sea.. is this possible???

imported_ken_
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nitec OR Higher Nitec? If Nitec than not enough unless u willin to work with tat cert at shipyard like Bangala..Its a realistic world.

MI_R1
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner here.....

aRaI^GeR
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keppel shipyard pay is good!!!!!!!!!

my company is world no. 2....... damn rich!!!!!!!
    LoVe Isn'T FiNdiNg soMeOnE yOu cAn Live wiTh; iTs FindIng sOmeoNe yOu canT Live wiThOuT....

jojojo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys..izzit marine industry realli need cert to go in...???
    i had applied for post like crane n shipping planner..all nv reply..

sICkbOi-dOt-cOm
    rides on lane 3 only.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any idea of the Jobscope of a Trainee Supervisor????
    **********DISCLAIMER**********
    The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast