Thread: [Discussion] Technical - Coolant & Radiators

thepunkz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so u mean i can add those premix ones from kiosk into my coolant as i'm using engine ice.

Ah Pek
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thepunkz View Post
    so u mean i can add those premix ones from kiosk into my coolant as i'm using engine ice.

Yah...that's right.
    Stupid Hurts!.Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does
    BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

thepunkz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, thx Ah Pek!!!

warrior.c.o.n.p
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey thr, i've been riding spec III for 3 yrs n yet to change coolant. i was told original coolant frm Japan got the best grades. was it true?
    Life is like a shooting star, it don't matter who you are,

If you only run for cover, it's just a waste of time..

Ah Pek
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior.c.o.n.p View Post
    hey thr, i've been riding spec III for 3 yrs n yet to change coolant. i was told original coolant frm Japan got the best grades. was it true?
    Not sure who told you that and base on what reliable reference source but generally, manufactural have a certain standard of quality that they have to commit.

I believe there are many type of koolant out there that gives better performance. However, as long as it meet your rerquiremnet and riding style and usage, the best affordable coolant will do...just never mixed them with tap water.

warrior.c.o.n.p
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pek View Post
    Not sure who told you that and base on what reliable reference source but generally, manufactural have a certain standard of quality that they have to commit.

I believe there are many type of koolant out there that gives better performance. However, as long as it meet your rerquiremnet and riding style and usage, the best affordable coolant will do...just never mixed them with tap water.
    .. yeah a friend of mine... thnks Ah Pek for the info. greatly appreciated.
    Life is like a shooting star, it don't matter who you are,

If you only run for cover, it's just a waste of time..

honda_lover
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello. i;ve heard of fake engine ice. any idea how we differentiate a fake one?
    suuupppaaaa da fooouuurrrrr!
    weetec 1

Education Status
    Currently Pursuing :
    Masters for Jamming Brake in Tail Gating Management

Ah Pek
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by honda_lover View Post
    hello. i;ve heard of fake engine ice. any idea how we differentiate a fake one?
    The supposing fake one I think..its normally lighter in colour than the original. The original has a stronger texture colour of blue on the deeper side with a tint of purplerish colour. The one I got was only $30 (that's why I bought just to try) instead of $30+ and I got this from a very "reputabe" mototiam. Less than f**king three weeks, my reserve tank was dry out! Looks like it has been further premixed with "tap water" likely. CB!

The one I had for my friend from Bukit Batok Autobag was ok..very duck purplerish (violet blue). I may be wrong but I doubt so..think of it these days ppl know how to make quick $s!

honda_lover
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wahs. basket. i somehow got a feeling that i got conned too. how sia! but no one can confirm mine is fake. siao liao.
    suuupppaaaa da fooouuurrrrr!
    weetec 1

Education Status
    Currently Pursuing :
    Masters for Jamming Brake in Tail Gating Management

army_ncc
    is not a
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The supposing fake one I think..its normally lighter in colour than the original. The original has a stronger texture colour of blue on the deeper side with a tint of purplerish colour. The one I got was only $30 (that's why I bought just to try) instead of $30+ and I got this from a very "reputabe" mototiam. Less than f**king three weeks, my reserve tank was dry out! Looks like it has been further premixed with "tap water" likely. CB!

The one I had for my friend from Bukit Batok Autobag was ok..very duck purplerish (violet blue). I may be wrong but I doubt so..think of it these days ppl know how to make quick $s!
    i think you're right. i heard from one of the bikeshop that real engine ice color will be abit purplerish. if possible, take picture the color of the real engine ice, so that we know whether the one we using is fake or original. all i know is that i kena conned for fake engine ice before. how i know is because my water pump spoil, send for service. the mech then told me is fake base on the color.

Ride safely. Be courteous. =)

dragonforce
    riding old bike
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by honda_lover View Post
    wahs. basket. i somehow got a feeling that i got conned too. how sia! but no one can confirm mine is fake. siao liao.
    start to monitor your reserve reservoir of coolant.. or to play safe and you have $$ to spare.. flush it out and pour new coolant in lor.. hah..
    Quote Originally Posted by motobike-search-engine.co.uk
    Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

Tyrian
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a random question

if we can't mix tap water into coolent, then does it means we should add distilled water?

how about those distilled water that sells for $0.50 at NTUC?
    05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)
    08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)
    09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)
    04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)
    05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)
    07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)
    11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

Metaphor
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    just a random question

if we can't mix tap water into coolent, then does it means we should add distilled water?

how about those distilled water that sells for $0.50 at NTUC?
    Can. It is still distilled water.

anonymouser
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey bros, if anyone of you are looking for switch fan, i have one with me. Sealed orignal OEM for spec II. not sure whether can fit the rest of the versions. Do give me a PM.
    tyga-performance.com

allen^key
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone tried flushing coolant with Blue Coral Fast Flush? the one available in many supermarkets for $4+. need some reviews abt it b4 i diy... but couldnt find any

Huatster888
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it dried up on you...don't ever use the same again. Don't just use distilled water..get those premix ones from kiosk would do..they don't dry out that quicky as what you have already use. You want good coolant, pm me.
    ah pek my reserve always got low n alwayts got brown sludge, a;lways clean them up flush the reserve bottle then the sludge comes back.....change new water pump last yr dec, old 1 spoil , flush a few times to get the rusty water out.but still the reserve got sludge, is tis normal, using maxima coolant.can pm me bro??should i change coolant....??i gona flush it soon caue time to change engine oil n stuff also.any tips??
    PEACE TO THE WORLD.
    顺顺利利... 发啊.

dragonforce
    riding old bike
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huatster888 View Post
    ah pek my reserve always got low n alwayts got brown sludge, a;lways clean them up flush the reserve bottle then the sludge comes back.....change new water pump last yr dec, old 1 spoil , flush a few times to get the rusty water out.but still the reserve got sludge, is tis normal, using maxima coolant.can pm me bro??should i change coolant....??i gona flush it soon caue time to change engine oil n stuff also.any tips??
    i am not ah pek, but just to add..
    you can try pressing all the coolant hose, the 'rust' have could well be accumulated there..

cheers.
    Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

Ah Pek
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The word "flush" has been very much misused in my context and been quite misleading. When say "flush" coolant system, its meaning that chemical is used to remove contaminant content inside the system. By the term flush here, I think what most ppl does is actually cleanse with tap water or hosing it. Proper flushing requires at least 15 mins of running with the chemical that remove contaminat inside the cooling system.

There is nothing worng with the coolant you used as far as colour changes is concern. What dargforce say is correct probably its not clean enough as existing rust are stuck in your cooling system. These rust comes from water use in your radiator and get stuck and adhere to the sticky hot surface of the inner coolant rubber hoses. These are the stuff that comes loose and form sort lsudge like browny colour 'mud' in your coolant reserve tank.

Huatster888
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The word "flush" has been very much misused in my context and been quite misleading. When say "flush" coolant system, its meaning that chemical is used to remove contaminant content inside the system. By the term flush here, I think what most ppl does is actually cleanse with tap water or hosing it. Proper flushing requires at least 15 mins of running with the chemical that remove contaminat inside the cooling system.

There is nothing worng with the coolant you used as far as colour changes is concern. What dargforce say is correct probably its not clean enough as existing rust are stuck in your cooling system. These rust comes from water use in your radiator and get stuck and adhere to the sticky hot surface of the inner coolant rubber hoses. These are the stuff that comes loose and form sort lsudge like browny colour 'mud' in your coolant reserve tank.
    ah pek i dunderstand the part on the flushin of the radiator....smehow i duno if its the pipes....cause since i changed the metal n rubber pipes also, all new.n after that every mth i went down flush 4 around 2 times liao.....then sludge back , its there any way to total rid of the sludge or its always there 1??or i flush it again n c how??reali headache
    PEACE TO THE WORLD.
    顺顺利利... 发啊.

Ah Pek
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ah pek i dunderstand the part on the flushin of the radiator....smehow i duno if its the pipes....cause since i changed the metal n rubber pipes also, all new.n after that every mth i went down flush 4 around 2 times liao.....then sludge back , its there any way to total rid of the sludge or its always there 1??or i flush it again n c how??reali headache
    Probably it's from residues of the remains from water jacket..etc. Since you mentioned 2 times..should be quite clean unless chemical is not sued. If this isn't the case, may be your Maxima coolaide has been mixed with tap water..repacked that is..who knows.

Huatster888
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably it's from residues of the remains from water jacket..etc. Since you mentioned 2 times..should be quite clean unless chemical is not sued. If this isn't the case, may be your Maxima coolaide has been mixed with tap water..repacked that is..who knows.
    so erm do u tink i should buy the distilled water 4 the bike shop im goin , or wil they use tap water???i reali duno wat kinda water they used when flushing or topping up the new coolnt.should i ask them straihgt if tats distiilled water ur using or just buy myself n pass to them...??
    PEACE TO THE WORLD.
    顺顺利利... 发啊.

dragonforce
    riding old bike
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i think most of the shops use water straight out of the tap to flush..

Huatster888
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dragonforce View Post
    i think most of the shops use water straight out of the tap to flush..
    wow so it would affect my radiator lor like tat
    PEACE TO THE WORLD.
    顺顺利利... 发啊.

heaven51
    is riding...on the keyboard
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nas_1986 View Post
    hey bros, if anyone of you are looking for switch fan, i have one with me. Sealed orignal OEM for spec II. not sure whether can fit the rest of the versions. Do give me a PM.
    Just nice... I want... I want... PM u already...

Ah Pek
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

so erm do u tink i should buy the distilled water 4 the bike shop im goin , or wil they use tap water???i reali duno wat kinda water they used when flushing or topping up the new coolnt.should i ask them straihgt if tats distiilled water ur using or just buy myself n pass to them...??
    I can't answer thatbecause even if it's real distilled water in the transparent jelly can..if it's tap water, I would be able to tell till I taste it...LOL! Anyway, in my area of work for this, I don't do that..you get out right pure distilled water. Its not the cost..its the inconviences that mototiam faces sometime...so just top up with tap water and that's where rust formulates i your radiator.

You can try bringing your own but I'm not sure whatever mototiam you go, how they gonna take it. You got the right to do so but they will still tell you tap water is same_same...LOL!

Metaphor
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allen^key View Post
    anyone tried flushing coolant with Blue Coral Fast Flush? the one available in many supermarkets for $4+. need some reviews abt it b4 i diy... but couldnt find any
    Good stuff. I did my friend spec II all the rust dissapear. First i flush with tap water... then i add coolant with distilled water... i checked... still got rust.. do the steps twice... feddup. Get that blue coral. Flush... the water got dirtier than ever. After that... Put a fresh distilled water + coolant. Settle the whole problem.

Huatster888
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't answer thatbecause even if it's real distilled water in the transparent jelly can..if it's tap water, I would be able to tell till I taste it...LOL! Anyway, in my area of work for this, I don't do that..you get out right pure distilled water. Its not the cost..its the inconviences that mototiam faces sometime...so just top up with tap water and that's where rust formulates i your radiator.

You can try bringing your own but I'm not sure whatever mototiam you go, how they gonna take it. You got the right to do so but they will still tell you tap water is same_same...LOL!
    yah lor.....sigh.......i just wana get rid of the sludge once n for all, let my radiator run smooth n clean so engine also nice n cool
    PEACE TO THE WORLD.
    顺顺利利... 发啊.

allen^key
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Good stuff. I did my friend spec II all the rust dissapear. First i flush with tap water... then i add coolant with distilled water... i checked... still got rust.. do the steps twice... feddup. Get that blue coral. Flush... the water got dirtier than ever. After that... Put a fresh distilled water + coolant. Settle the whole problem.
    did u pour in the entire bottle? i think this product is meant for cars... which usually have cooling system twice the size of bikes. jus worried tat a full bottle of it may b too concentrated and harsh for our bike's cooling system esp gaskets, hoses etc. any comments?

Huatster888
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sianzz.....haven reali get my radiator done now leak duno from wher liao ...park side stand water driping from the other side of side stand, right footpeg there near the lower header....water drip ...but the water is cold, nt from rad.....i reali duno how now
    PEACE TO THE WORLD.
    顺顺利利... 发啊.

Huatster888
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok last flush 4 my radiator was i tink febury liao....tat time reservoir still clean....using cool aide.....saw mech use some kinda flush 4 the radiator , until clean water comes out.....then pour in the coolant n let engine run.....i did tis 2 times in 2 mths because i wana get rid of the remaing rust i tink which r still lingering in my radiator.....up till now , i just now go open up,,,reservoir dried up , brown sludge all over again....same old problem, when my water pump ups lorry 4 some time....but now my water pump is new....changed it last yr....so y i still kena tis???damn sian
    PEACE TO THE WORLD.
    顺顺利利... 发啊.

Metaphor
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allen^key View Post
    did u pour in the entire bottle? i think this product is meant for cars... which usually have cooling system twice the size of bikes. jus worried tat a full bottle of it may b too concentrated and harsh for our bike's cooling system esp gaskets, hoses etc. any comments?
    I dont know bro. I pour the whole bottle. Mix with water. Run idle for 10mins. Rinse, flush again with water using water hose. All the sludge, the rust, the brown like meat thingy dissapear. So far he doesn't complain anything about leaks or overheating again. His reservoir also clean still look green no sludge.

s4vtec
    is s4vtec
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah Pek, for the benefit of all, can you list down in sequence, how would you go about in doing a complete coolant change with flushing... and also what u recommend to use for s4 bikers? thanks.
    AMKS4 Riders, Gathering S4 Riders of our Tomato Land
    - My current ride, Honda CB 400 Super 4 Hyper VTEC. More pictures @ friendster.com/s4vtec -

- Feel free to contact Thomas aka s4vtec @ 969-11-787 should you have any questions about your S4. -

ezafiq
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i bought a coolant brand called RAD-KOOL from esso. Cost me only $4.80 for 500ml. But it doesnt say there whether its premixed or concentrated. Anybody knows?? If concentrated i should be adding distilled water right?

Ah Pek
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s4vtec View Post
    Ah Pek, for the benefit of all, can you list down in sequence, how would you go about in doing a complete coolant change with flushing... and also what u recommend to use for s4 bikers? thanks.
    No sequence but preference..but again as like grounding, there are professional here in this business and its my prerogative not to indicate it here for better of things here..not being selfish either. There'll be 'debates' and 'arguments'..and for these personal reason and IMHO, I rather have those people by trade, business and vocation in profession do whatever they want...in short, with due respect for how they would do it for a living.

Only those that personally call or come for my informal casual Sunday Teck Ghee meet up, or I sensed their serious PM and have confidence or uses my recommendation and methods of getting things done would gain form me "in person". I do have occassional 'double-checkers' people PM me asking a lot of "why this?"..and "why that and why cannot?" and seem never end. 10 people a week like taht is good enough to make my fingers retire early and keyboard worn up in 6 months...haize. You asked me..I dunno who these ppl are in real life as they always back off when I invited them to come down.

As for coolant...any brand will do. Of course, tehre are the "people think its the better one" because of strategy and $$$s spend in advertisement, aggressiveness in marketing tactics and a highly price product. There are always safe buy premixed coolant type from petrol kiosk and auto accessories shops (like Autobag in Bukit Batok) where one just have to buy and pour. Again, there are some who knows what they want and buy "concentrated" coolant to mix themselves to suit their riding style and usage then with our climatic coolant specification needed here. In short..."no rules"..but "what's best" for your individual ride.
    Last edited by Ah Pek; 24-11-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Ah Pek
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ezafiq View Post
    i bought a coolant brand called RAD-KOOL from esso. Cost me only $4.80 for 500ml. But it doesnt say there whether its premixed or concentrated. Anybody knows?? If concentrated i should be adding distilled water right?
    Its not but you still can add distilled water to increase voulme..for the budget concious.

ezafiq
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks ah pek!

singapore_forest
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ak pek. I m using engine ice now. quite good.. but I dunno when need a flush again. pls advise. thanks.

Ah Pek
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by singapore_forest View Post
    ak pek. I m using engine ice now. quite good.. but I dunno when need a flush again. pls advise. thanks.
    As long as the colour of the coolant don't turn brownished or Milo colour like, it should be ok. The colour changes bekuz of rust in the system when water is used. You can test by squeezing all the rubber hoses and when it feels like crushing biscuit cracker..then it's rust accunulation under the inner layer of the rubber hose.

Rusting generally occurrs when tap water is used instead of deionised or distilled water. The pump will eventually jammed and the internal volume of rubber hoses reduced thus lesser coolant to carry away the heat from the engine. In such case, dismantle hoses for rust scraping or get them changed.

osimese
    .com
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by singapore_forest View Post
    once a year? mine usin engine ice too, almost two years already gotta do another coolant flush soon.
    **only 1 img allowed in signature**

hrmm ok. here 1 :

Ah Pek
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by osimese View Post
    once a year? mine usin engine ice too, almost two years already gotta do another coolant flush soon.
    Anyone need to do can pm me..much cheaper and better quality work.

nullifi3d
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard of this thermostat to measure temperature levels, is it recommended? Or do i just need to use the "leg-touch-crashbar" method? haha.

vtec88
    TRUST nothin but the BEST for his Bike--> BROQUET Fuel Charger !!!
    Feedback Score
    128 (99%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone need ver s/vtec Radiator let me know

PM me!!!

RyoSukE
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys, got a noob qn to ask.
    today ride half way in SLE, suddenly my red light temp lite on...
    den jus now on e way back, also lite came on...
    Mine is a vtec 2 which i rode 1 yr+.
    Wat thing should i do to solve e problem?
    thanks...

Ah Pek
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RyoSukE View Post
    hi guys, got a noob qn to ask.
    today ride half way in SLE, suddenly my red light temp lite on...
    den jus now on e way back, also lite came on...
    Mine is a vtec 2 which i rode 1 yr+.
    Wat thing should i do to solve e problem?
    thanks...
    Need to have your coolant system check. Is your reserve tank coolant boiling or dried? Didd your radiator extractor fan cuts "on" befor the red temp lites came on?

Need help can pm me.

RyoSukE
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, i dun hear any fan sound on maybe due to on highway, but when i stop at carpark also nv hear any fan on...
    by e way, where is e fan located? cos can only see front radiator tat part.
    for reserve tank must open up side cover to see rite? cos i nv open n see...

Ah Pek
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hmm, i dun hear any fan sound on maybe due to on highway, but when i stop at carpark also nv hear any fan on...
    by e way, where is e fan located? cos can only see front radiator tat part.
    for reserve tank must open up side cover to see rite? cos i nv open n see...
    The extractor fan can be seen from the right hand side of the back of the radiator.

Yes..open the right hand side back panel just below the seat. You need allen key size 5 to open the two allen female securing 'screw'.

RyoSukE
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THanks AH Pek,
    problem solved due to a gasket wear n tear at e pump area.
    changed n so far it's good. Has located e fan location.

ayie125z
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hav this problem on my radiator.. My coolant keep leakin from my radiator sumtimes it sprays water at the fan.. Any idea what problem is it? Do i hav to change the whole radiator?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    _-= Big E =-_

Starfizz1401
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THanks AH Pek,
    problem solved due to a gasket wear n tear at e pump area.
    changed n so far it's good. Has located e fan location.
    wait.. can anyone tell me how much to change this gasket? i JUST experienced same thing since yesterday. temp light on while on expressway (1st time in 2 years, i saw the light.) and NO fan sound..

so can i safely conclude it is the gasket? any other possibilities. need help before JAM!!! thx~
    " How did the "KEEP OFF THE GRASS" sign get there?"

Ah Pek
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfizz1401 View Post
    wait.. can anyone tell me how much to change this gasket? i JUST experienced same thing since yesterday. temp light on while on expressway (1st time in 2 years, i saw the light.) and NO fan sound..

so can i safely conclude it is the gasket? any other possibilities. need help before JAM!!! thx~
    Thought you solved your problem by changing whatever gasket there is but I never personally heard of our S4 system having use gasket unless something I missed.

There are only three things that can caused your system coolant system to fail...1) Coolant pump 2) Radiator sensor fan switch 3) Thermostat jammed.

Temp red light coming "on" is the most serious of all. It mean you are running on very low overheating coolant or non at all. Sooner or later..your block material cannot take the heat and its gonna crack.

If the gasket you are referring to is the outer ring coolant seal for the water pump..I suggest you rather have the whole pump changed because the oil and coolant seal in the inner shaft may be bad already..so changing that seal is not gonna be of any help.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast