SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aprilla Sportcity 200

Originally posted by My_234_Melody@Nov 9 2006, 12:12 PM

For me, i didnt really get the chance of seeing how far my full tank can go up to.

Usually left 1 bar indicator or less but before low fuel indicator is lighted, my mileage already close to 266+km.

i have no prob w pickup but only when travelling at highway or so, at ard 90-100km... esp w strong wind, bike will wobble a fair bit...

nope i not into mod just wanna change the honk cos original one seem like cat meowing.. car usually ignore me... =(

n i just wan do up a hazard light indicator switch.... but oso didnt get too..

sian

wow tats alot of kilo. i think i need tune up the carb. cant be so much different

from yours.

so hav u try max how fast can ur bike go up to?

yes i agree the honk is not nice...

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup tat why i m surprise that u mentioned tat fuel consumption is not good...

better have it checked it out...

errr i not those cheong cheong type so the max i tried is only slightly more than 100!

hahhaa =P so paiseh...

With this hand, I will lift your sorrows.

Your cup will never be empty for I will be your wine.

With this candle, I will light your way in darkness.

With this ring, I ask you to be mine.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;104/st/20071218/e/2nd+Year+of+Togetherness/dt/12/k/f153/event.png

Originally posted by My_234_Melody@Nov 9 2006, 04:17 PM

Yup tat why i m surprise that u mentioned tat fuel consumption is not good...

better have it checked it out...

errr i not those cheong cheong type so the max i tried is only slightly more than 100!

hahhaa =P so paiseh...

well i m reali surprise how u get those milage. 280 kilometer.

impossible on mine. max is 170kilo.

hmn its like 15 cents per kilo.

oh i see. i try max 130kmh with the help of coming down from gentle slope.

haha but malaysia petrol cheaper lei..

=P

but i dun have to travel all the way to malaysia for petrol la.. cos not worth it man...

my full tank only cost me max $13 hehe before discount.. =P

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10722;104/st/20071218/e/2nd+Year+of+Togetherness/dt/12/k/f153/event.png

Originally posted by My_234_Melody@Nov 10 2006, 09:00 AM

haha but malaysia petrol cheaper lei..

=P

but i dun have to travel all the way to malaysia for petrol la.. cos not worth it man...

my full tank only cost me max $13 hehe before discount.. =P

petrol is cheap due to u r earning sg dollar. ur currency wil

reflect tat malaysia petrol is cheap.

how much is it per litre in sg?

for me price wise in not reali a concern now. its the

fc tat i need to find out. how come yours can travel so far.

:smile: :smile:

hehe true true

Ron 95 abt 1.5 - 1.6 or 1.8

OMG i not even sure!!!!! =(

Yes like u have mentioned yesterday do check on the carb tuning....

Originally posted by My_234_Melody@Nov 10 2006, 10:00 AM

hehe true true

Ron 95 abt 1.5 - 1.6 or 1.8

OMG i not even sure!!!!! =(

Yes like u have mentioned yesterday do check on the carb tuning....

oh no. u duno........

our petrol is at 1.92 per litre.

hmn one thing i hav oso disconnect the autochoke cable.

(located close to the rear tire. the red connector)

hard to tune it up too. troublesome.

does ur bike hav stable idling and sound equal all the time?:smile:smile:

wat tat above??????

does ur bike hav stable idling and sound equal all the time --> if i get u right on this one... yes i do.. anything abnormal???

frankly speaking technical issue i alwasy leave it to my fren... haha learning from him still

Originally posted by My_234_Melody@Nov 10 2006, 11:19 AM

wat tat above??????

does ur bike hav stable idling and sound equal all the time --> if i get u right on this one... yes i do.. anything abnormal???

frankly speaking technical issue i alwasy leave it to my fren... haha learning from him still

tats nothing la. autochoke is to help the bike to start up when its cold.

i hav dc it due to the mechanice ask me to do so as he suspect tat its may cost the bike to fail. becoz last time there is one bike tat fail due to autochoke cable failure.

if ur bike hav stable n stable sound then its ok.perfect setting.

mine are not stable at different time.

but recently i realised when stopping at downhill slope.. esp when brake lever is being engaged, sometime the idling sounds may go out of tempo for once or twice the back to normal sound something like tat lo...

is tat consider ok?????

btw i didnt kn our bike come w autochoke

i kn it exit for car but not bike.. muahahaha

Originally posted by My_234_Melody@Nov 10 2006, 01:29 PM

but recently i realised when stopping at downhill slope.. esp when brake lever is being engaged, sometime the idling sounds may go out of tempo for once or twice the back to normal sound something like tat lo...

is tat consider ok?????

btw i didnt kn our bike come w autochoke

i kn it exit for car but not bike.. muahahaha

yours is normal.

mine is out of tempo sumtimes in the evening or at night.

well unless the mechanic is wrong. or else i duno .

he claim tat its autochoke.

sport city is quite hi tech as the mechanic told me. the system is

like super bike of aprilia...:smile: :smile:

Originally posted by eric6068@Nov 14 2006, 11:53 PM

I was being quoted $7200 (on the road) with 4.5% interest rates, is the price which inclusive of insurance ok for P-plate rider? I'm thinking of buying the bike this month, hence would like to hear some advice and warranty coverage for new Sportcity.

The term "on the road" normally means inclusive of all costs including your insurance.

But every shops has their way of meaning of "on the road"...those with integrity should not have any gimmicks using this term "on the road" ;)

Do doublecheck with your dealer for confirmation.

and check if its the full cost is inclusive, what party of insurance they are offering u.

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!

Went to Bike Production today and was told by one of the salesman that Sportcity does not have good resell value as compared to Runner VRX 200. And the price of Runner VRX 200 is much cheaper than Sportcity....

Can anybody here please enlighten me? Still cannot decide whether to go for Runner VRX 200 or SportCity...

Originally posted by eric6068@Nov 15 2006, 11:50 PM

Went to Bike Production today and was told by one of the salesman that Sportcity does not have good resell value as compared to Runner VRX 200. And the price of Runner VRX 200 is much cheaper than Sportcity....

Can anybody here please enlighten me? Still cannot decide whether to go for Runner VRX 200 or SportCity...

i m not too sure if bike production sell sport city n vrx.

if the shop only sell vrx , its normal for them to say that other bike

like sport city is not good on resell value.

on the other hand i m not sayin tat vrx is bad.

to be fair on both bike, i suggest u to wait for a while or perhaps

catchup with existing vrx rider and oso sportcity owner.

this way i guess it gonna help u decide wat is best on u.

hope this help u abit.

Originally posted by eric6068@Nov 15 2006, 11:50 PM

R u in a hurry to get the scoot?

If not, maybe u can come join the outing for runner: GILERA RUNNER Outing!, a friendly bunch of riders might be able to give u suggestion, date is tomorrow 8pm at kallang KFC.

Or you can wait till next mth 15, see all type of scooter and make a comparison: Newbie Meet 2006!.

:smile:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

A lot is depend on the current market n rider age... for all these are factors tat bike shop factored into the price lo.

in a way they say nice words like resale value is good or not.. u still need to kn wat kind of bike u wan... =)

For sure, Runner will be faster on the road.. but dun forget both runner n sportcity is using same engine.. haha tat the trick!

N ur own definition of FAST n GOOD is very important.

Originally posted by My_234_Melody@Nov 16 2006, 07:29 PM

A lot is depend on the current market n rider age... for all these are factors tat bike shop factored into the price lo.

in a way they say nice words like resale value is good or not.. u still need to kn wat kind of bike u wan... =)

For sure, Runner will be faster on the road.. but dun forget both runner n sportcity is using same engine.. haha tat the trick!

N ur own definition of FAST n GOOD is very important.

I dunno if the runner will be faster than the sportscity despite using the same engine....in terms of stability I guess the sportscity shld be better..being more stable it shld be faster also.

Basically the wheelbase of the Sportcity is 20mm longer and the sportcity is 146kg compare to the runner's 123kg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/spy622/siggy-1.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5958/userbar133749dj2.gif

Originally posted by spot city@Nov 16 2006, 09:57 AM

i m not too sure if bike production sell sport city n vrx.

if the shop only sell vrx , its normal for them to say that other bike

like sport city is not good on resell value.

on the other hand i m not sayin tat vrx is bad.

to be fair on both bike, i suggest u to wait for a while or perhaps

catchup with existing vrx rider and oso sportcity owner.

this way i guess it gonna help u decide wat is best on u.

hope this help u abit.

If u r talking in this thread instead of the runner thread I guess u shld hav made up ur mind more on the sportcity :D

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/spy622/siggy-1.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5958/userbar133749dj2.gif

I would prefer the design of Sportcity than Runner as its more classic. However, after hearing that that spare parts are more expensive and have low resell value... this really hesitate me into making the final decision.

Is there any Sportcity ridder here that would like to share his ridding experience cos if both runner and sportcity are using the same engine, does sportcity have the same problems like the 06 Runner mentioned in Runner forum? (buzzing sound when travel 50 to 60km/hr)

I will be buying my bike at the end of the month, so will be making a decision soon. Can anyone here tell me how much they pay for their new sportcity as im doing a price comparision.

I was quoted only $6200 for the new runner OTR, which means its about few hundreds cheaper than Sportcity... Thanks

Originally posted by eric6068@Nov 16 2006, 10:03 PM

I would prefer the design of Sportcity than Runner as its more classic. However, after hearing that that spare parts are more expensive and have low resell value... this really hesitate me into making the final decision.

Is there any Sportcity ridder here that would like to share his ridding experience cos if both runner and sportcity are using the same engine, does sportcity have the same problems like the 06 Runner mentioned in Runner forum? (buzzing sound when travel 50 to 60km/hr)

I will be buying my bike at the end of the month, so will be making a decision soon. Can anyone here tell me how much they pay for their new sportcity as im doing a price comparision.

I was quoted only $6200 for the new runner OTR, which means its about few hundreds cheaper than Sportcity... Thanks

well both scooter is from a different kind of design.

gilera hav its unique area too. haven seen the new model otr yet. old model is pretty nice too.

spart part is more ex may due to the fact tat rarely people use sportcity. if more people use it then it may cost less for spare part. jus an opinion.

resell value i tink both bike oso come out to be the same. once u get the bike today and sell it 2moro same one lah sure loose money.

my sportcity dun hav buzzing sound. new gilera hav buzzing sound? i tot tat happen to the old model only.???

i m from malaysia. so duno bout price in sg. but anything i m willing to share on.

my advice is perhaps u can get a test ride on both bike.

i had a test drive on sport city and the ride is so good til i decide to get it 1 year later. til now finally i got it. ahahaha.

hope this helpss u abit . cheersss

Originally posted by spy622@Nov 16 2006, 09:08 PM

I dunno if the runner will be faster than the sportscity despite using the same engine....in terms of stability I guess the sportscity shld be better..being more stable it shld be faster also.

Basically the wheelbase of the Sportcity is 20mm longer and the sportcity is 146kg compare to the runner's 123kg

this is a good question. got to test out both bike side by side only then can confirm which one is faster.

stability wise jus compare the wheel size, sportcity is of 15 inches for front n rear.

gilera hav 14inches and 13 incches in the rear.

weight wise gilera sure win. may be good on fuel consumption. tats wat i see in gilera.

one thing is lighter bike can be good in acceleration but high speed might lose its stability.

the rest can ask other for it. :smile: :smile:

nope when sportcity going at 50-60, i dun encounter any buzzing sounds that u r worried of..

in term of stability wise, i find my ok.. not too sure abt runner so wont be fair to comment.

in term of outlook.. yes i agree... sportcity appeal more to me.. hehe

esp when u polish clean clean nice nice shiny shiny..

wout box, will look darn chio.. haha

only disadvantage is storage space, i find it is good for raincoat under sear storage... n few tools kits..

at least when travelling at 100 above i dun feel wobbling as pillion n rider lo...

plus good fuel consumption!!!! tat for sure!!!

hahaha

comes w good gadget.. like inbulit voltmeter... super big clock display.. haha

but i not too sure if runner equipped with these or not lo.

Originally posted by My_234_Melody@Nov 17 2006, 10:14 AM

nope when sportcity going at 50-60, i dun encounter any buzzing sounds that u r worried of..

in term of stability wise, i find my ok.. not too sure abt runner so wont be fair to comment.

in term of outlook.. yes i agree... sportcity appeal more to me.. hehe

esp when u polish clean clean nice nice shiny shiny..

wout box, will look darn chio.. haha

only disadvantage is storage space, i find it is good for raincoat under sear storage... n few tools kits..

at least when travelling at 100 above i dun feel wobbling as pillion n rider lo...

plus good fuel consumption!!!! tat for sure!!!

hahaha

comes w good gadget.. like inbulit voltmeter... super big clock display.. haha

but i not too sure if runner equipped with these or not lo.

i agree with the storage space. below the seat only can put half helmet not full face.

however on the other side of it, the leg room can be use to put bag and some boxes when transporting some light goods.

that is the plus side.

bout gilera, i find out tat they hav rev meter, if i didnt mistaken. its kinda useful

to hav rev meter but as for scooter can do much help only good as for an indicator.

unless we hav manual and auto gear. hope in future we hav such scooter.

tat will be fun and useful.

wat is rev meter for?