Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Advice needed - Getting a 2B Scooter


Recommended Posts

Gonna sell my car. *sob*

Been away from SG riding scene for nearly 10 years and is intending to return with a scooter.

Got some refresher riding experience in overseas so worry not.

Important question is which 2B scooter to buy?

 

Am considering SYM, Kymco downtown 200i, Suzuki Burgman 200 ABS.

Key considerations:

- Cost

- Low maintenance cost

- Reliability

 

Basically just need a hassle free transport.

What do you say my friend?

If you have some other scooter in mind kindly share too.

My daughter\'s name is Valencia.

AMUNT VALENCIA!!!

La Liga Champions 1942,1944,1947,1971,2002

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you considered the Yamaha NMAX 155 ABS? I'm looking to get a scooter as a 2nd bike and will most probably be going for the NMAX. Engine capacity is slightly lower @ 155cc but should be sufficient for SG roads. OTR price is

 

Good luck in your search!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Have you considered the Yamaha NMAX 155 ABS? I'm looking to get a scooter as a 2nd bike and will most probably be going for the NMAX. Engine capacity is slightly lower @ 155cc but should be sufficient for SG roads. OTR price is

 

Good luck in your search!

 

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried bidding $2 for COE today but was outbid.

The magic hand came into operation at the last min and the price soar to $2,500

Nevertheless, it's a $1400 decease.

 

For everyone's info, i made some calls and visited Alexandra motor shops for a while

Have my eyes on SYM Joyride 200 as Ban Hock Hin sales man said this is a MAXI scooter (maxi = bigger = premium)

Called and checked for SYM Joyride 200:

Bike production - no stocks for scooter, call next week (no sincerity to make business, don't even quote)

Ban Hock Hin - $6300 (without COE, insurance)

New Southern Motor - $9360 (OTR)

Unique Motorsports - $9800 (OTR)

United Cycles LLP - $9500 (OTR)

 

BTW was told the cheapest scooter now is Honda Vestro (something like that), $8400 OTR

My daughter\'s name is Valencia.

AMUNT VALENCIA!!!

La Liga Champions 1942,1944,1947,1971,2002

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

I'm torn in between Aerox 155 n PCX 150.

 

Aerox looks sporty, PCX have an 'executive' scooter look.

AEROX SMALL fuel tank, probably need to top up 3 times a week since I travel 60km each day.

Aerox bigger wheels, more stability when on the move and cornering?

PCX have more storage compartment.

 

Price wise, both about the same, around 10k plus.

 

Called a few bike shops. Is it because they get more profit?

 

but most recommend aerox. While some reviews are leaning towards aerox. Is itbecaus of trend that makes it a popular scooter? Or is aerox just really better in comparison to pcx?

 

I just called 1 bike shop n was also introduced to yamaha Nmax...is this better than the 2 bikes above?

 

Need help from anyone riding it or have first hand experience with this dilemma....

http://www.cexut.com/wp-content/uploads/yoshimura-suzuki-b-king-exhaust.jpg

2000-2002- Yamaha TZR 125, 2002-2002- Vespa PX150 , 2002-2004- Honda Steed 400, 2004-2006- Harley Davidson Sportster 1200S, 2006-2008- Hyundai Tucson, 2008-2010- Honda Super 4 VTEC 3, 2010-2011- Ford Focus 1.4, 2012-2013 Yamaha Fazer FZ6S

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I have ridden 2 models of Yamaha Nouvo, Nouvo elegance 115 was very sturdy because I've been riding it daily for the past 8 years without much problem. COE came to the end and I purchased a Yamaha Aerox. The Aerox is slightly higher than Nouvo but riding experience similar. Compared with Nouvo, there isn't much difference and even my security guard didn't notice that I've changed my bike. I have faith in Yamaha, because riding them for more than 15 years, no major breakdown so far (touch wood), maintenance cannot be skipped. Must change engine oil frequently (for me every 4 months) for my distance is short daily. Other than that, belt and battery must change every year. With that, no major problem will arise. My first Nouvo AT100 , which has similar spec like Fino is good but it has starting engine issue and need to kick start. Nouvo Elegance don't have start issue except didn't ride for 5 days, need to kick start. Kick start is easy. As this is scooter, so it won't be the same as those who with gear. If pillion , the bike will grunt, haven't try to pillion with Aerox but I'm breaking in, so won't pillion anyone until I hit 1600km. Those who want to try, like myself buy a second hand bike first, if don't like sell it away and get another one. Earlier 2 models of Nouvo I bought second hand, Aerox I bought new and it really difficult to hit 500km with the breaking in restrictions of less than 60km/hr ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Aerox is a good scooter but buyers better beware. There is some serious fault in the way yamaha had placed certain components behind the rear wheel and if you get even some water on it...good luck...Error 13...famous to show on the display and ignition coil get water to connection...bike stalls.

But if you know HOW to prevent these from water contact , then such problems will be unlikely to haunt the users!!

Yamaha engineers must be sleeping when they design this scooter Aerox!!😆😆😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 7:34 PM, Madhorse78 said:

I'm torn in between Aerox 155 n PCX 150.

 

Aerox looks sporty, PCX have an 'executive' scooter look.

AEROX SMALL fuel tank, probably need to top up 3 times a week since I travel 60km each day.

Aerox bigger wheels, more stability when on the move and cornering?

PCX have more storage compartment.

 

Price wise, both about the same, around 10k plus.

 

Called a few bike shops. Is it because they get more profit?

 

but most recommend aerox. While some reviews are leaning towards aerox. Is itbecaus of trend that makes it a popular scooter? Or is aerox just really better in comparison to pcx?

 

I just called 1 bike shop n was also introduced to yamaha Nmax...is this better than the 2 bikes above?

 

Need help from anyone riding it or have first hand experience with this dilemma....

Fuel tank got original up-grade to 8 litres but of course Yamaha did not want to correct this flaw for their customers!😁😆😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bluetooth said:

Aerox is a good scooter but buyers better beware. There is some serious fault in the way yamaha had placed certain components behind the rear wheel and if you get even some water on it...good luck...Error 13...famous to show on the display and ignition coil get water to connection...bike stalls.

But if you know HOW to prevent these from water contact , then such problems will be unlikely to haunt the users!!

Yamaha engineers must be sleeping when they design this scooter Aerox!!😆😆😆

Hi, riding aerox for 4 mths already....so how to prevent "these" from water contact ?

What is the "these" ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, Bluetooth said:

Fuel tank got original up-grade to 8 litres but of course Yamaha did not want to correct this flaw for their customers!😁😆😆

Plenty of aftermarket solutions available in JB..

I heard there's an 11 litres version for the Aerox and/or NMax!

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...