SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings / HOM Cafe 2012

scoobydoo

Hi guys, ive just bought a swing fjs400 and was wondering how much would it cost to replace belt, roller and clips and also any recomended shops?..also after market parts for belt, roller and clips is it better den stock?...many thanks:)

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/14045926/640/14045926.jpg

• Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, ive just bought a swing fjs400 and was wondering how much would it cost to replace belt, roller and clips and also any recomended shops?..also after market parts for belt, roller and clips is it better den stock?...many thanks:)

Hi welcome to the club.

Hmm... three in servicing cost between $220-$280

U can try:

AC Motor aka Ah Choong

Future Scootering

K&T

Me visit AC Motor 80% of the time

Suggest to use stock belt bcoz one of our member had an experience using after market belt and it melted in the transmission system.

Try as much as possible use stock items for transmission system. In the transmission system, during operation, it is very hostile. There are moving mechanism and at the same time it is very very hot and the only cooling is air( no oil ). Engineers that design the bike must have used materials that can withstand the stress. So bear in mind use stock.

Adding on to the point, try to do regular cleaning at interval between 10k-12k to prolong the lifespan of the transmission system. U do not want to experience damage of $800 -$1000 to repair the transmission. Anyway each cleaning cost between $30 - $80 depending on which mechanic you patronize.

Cheers

Ya lor dry dry man.

When Helmetbox drove past, if my eyes is seeing correctly, he did put up his hand and say Hi

u neber take out your shoe n throw at him :lol:

i had similar experience too, PIE near toa payoh but luckily managed to tahan with momentum till on top of kim keat exit before engine "died". pushed my bike abt 100m to parked it at pavement near safra, then took a cab to esso at lor 4 and return with a tin can of petrol :p

if not wrong, most petrol stations do sell tin cans for buying petrol but buyers need to register (write particulars in a booklet); in case buyer becomes arsonist. tried using plastic coke bottles but staff said against regulations in sinkapor, dunno how true. if dun remember wrongly, paid taxi driver some extra for being so understanding, he waited patiently for me to settle all the purchase before taking me back; it was during peak hours, their prime time to earn more $$ :thumb:

~

Current Ride: FJS400 Silver Wing

Trips:

23~27 Dec 2014: 5D5N KL & Ipoh

Scooby's blog http://scoobydooby-doo.blogspot.sg/

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

"Adding on to the point, try to do regular cleaning at interval between 10k-12k to prolong the lifespan of the transmission system. U do not want to experience damage of $800 -$1000 to repair the transmission. Anyway each cleaning cost between $30 - $80 depending on which mechanic you patronize."

Cheers"

Thanks fusionjaz:):)

so for the cleaning i just go the bike shop n say transmission cleaning eh?

welcome to SW "club"... do join us on our regular/weekly meetups so that we may poison you with the add-ons bugs and also the tour virus :lol:

there's a useful "technical corner" for SW available, not many pages (only 4 for now) but it may give you a rather comprehensive idea of maintaining (regular workshops, prices of some common items, etc. are also listed), improving and enjoying the SW... link below

Silverwing 400cc / 600cc Tech Corner

~

Trips:

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

Thanks scoobydoo:):)

I am currently thinking of checking on my bike transmission i.e. belts etc. coz dono wthr the previous owner got send for svc yet. Wen i bought the sw the mileage was 45k only for a 6yr old bike (FX plate)

yea. i oredi kena "poisoned" to a certain level le. :lol:

History :angel: --> Cagiva Mito3, Yamaha RX100, Yamaha TZRR125, Yamaha RXK135, Honda 150SP, Honda CBR400RR, Honda Wave 125R, Honda CBR900RR, Yamaha R6 '05, Subaru Imprezza I 1.6M, Honda Silverwing SW-T400, Honda Super 4 Version S, Yamaha Spark 135 RX

Present :thumb: --> Yamaha Tmax 530 Iron Max, Perodua Viva 1.0L

juz for sharing dis video, guys. i know there are many experienced & skillful riders here but there are still a minority not aware of rules of cornering.

the purpose is not to ask ppl go brush up on skills on kup corners but juz to share to safety of negotiating the corners. i'm using dis method too when i was on my sportsbikes.

here is the link:

"outside the curve, inside the curve, outside the curve"

take note towards the end of the video, the cam on the bike, showing the way he is negotiating the corners. try your best to avoid all painted markings & lane lines, regardless on straight road or on curves.

of cos, we must use good tyres & suspensions for higher safety concious.

ride safe guys. :cool:

History :angel: --> Cagiva Mito3, Yamaha RX100, Yamaha TZRR125, Yamaha RXK135, Honda 150SP, Honda CBR400RR, Honda Wave 125R, Honda CBR900RR, Yamaha R6 '05, Subaru Imprezza I 1.6M, Honda Silverwing SW-T400, Honda Super 4 Version S, Yamaha Spark 135 RX

1 more impt thing is, my wife loves the pillion seat. :faint:

LOL.... same with my gf.... if add backrest lagi comfortable leh....:D

I am looking for GIVI backrest but not the GIVI universal type... call ah boy and MAH, both are carry universal type only... check for X8 type, ah choong no stock now, but understand that X8 backrest have to slightly modify too.... I founded one at Tai Hin, but dunno is really for X8 de bo?

Anyone know which shop got nice sticker for sales?

N/A (Current)

Honda Silverwing FJS 400cc (Yr2010 - Yr2012)

Piaggio X8 200cc (Yr2009 - Yr2010)

Honda CB400 Super Four (Yr2007 - Yr2009)

Honda Phantom TA200 (Yr2005 -Yr2007)

Thanks scoobydoo:):)

I am currently thinking of checking on my bike transmission i.e. belts etc. coz dono wthr the previous owner got send for svc yet. Wen i bought the sw the mileage was 45k only for a 6yr old bike (FX plate)

WOW.... six years old FJS for 45k mileage is consider very low...... mine is coming to 5 year old... mileage 66k liao lor.... the best thing is when u got your bike from the previous owner, go do the servicing and checking once and don't care whether the ex-owner did it b4 anot? After u will no need to worry abt those problem.... Cheers~

N/A (Current)

"Adding on to the point, try to do regular cleaning at interval between 10k-12k to prolong the lifespan of the transmission system. U do not want to experience damage of $800 -$1000 to repair the transmission. Anyway each cleaning cost between $30 - $80 depending on which mechanic you patronize."

Cheers"

Thanks fusionjaz:):)

so for the cleaning i just go the bike shop n say transmission cleaning eh?

Most scootering mechanic should understand when you tell them you need a "transmission cleaning"

Cleaning should include:

Removing the front pulley

Removing the rear pulley plus the clutch shoe

Using petrol or spirit to clean the front pulley

Rear lunar plate ( I can't remember if they remove the torque spring and strip the whole assembly or not. Maybe Chairman can advise on that )

Using petrol to clean the transmission housing

Sand the clutch shoe and do a bit of grinding on the clutch bowl

Finally putting everything back.

LOL.... same with my gf.... if add backrest lagi comfortable leh....:D

i oredi took out my rider's backrest & box's backrest on last sat & leave it with eugene for additional cushion wrapping. shud be shiok. :lol:

now riding w/o my backrest is quite tiring for my hand & back...

i oredi took out my rider's backrest & box's backrest on last sat & leave it with eugene for additional cushion wrapping. shud be shiok. :lol:

now riding w/o my backrest is quite tiring for my hand & back...

I dropped by Eugene last week, want to re-warp my seat and I was told come back after CNY due to business too good and many work now. Steady Bo? What type backrest you used?

N/A (Current)

WOW.... six years old FJS for 45k mileage is consider very low...... mine is coming to 5 year old... mileage 66k liao lor.... the best thing is when u got your bike from the previous owner, go do the servicing and checking once and don't care whether the ex-owner did it b4 anot? After u will no need to worry abt those problem.... Cheers~

yeahh..thanks TitanicLexus:) now must find the reliable mech shop:)

any suggestion wic scooter mech is good?..Fusionjaz recommends:

AC Motor aka Ah Choong

Future Scootering

K&T

AC Motor

I know Future Scootering n K&T is at Kallang how bout the rest?:)

many questions... so i answer them all 1 shot :cheeky:

like what Fusionjaz said, dun bother about what the previous owner said about how much he has done for the bike, always give the bike a post-purchase full servicing to make sure bike is in "ship-shape". your life depends on the bike when on the run.

see tech corner post #72 bought an used (aka 2nd hand) silver wing?

I am looking for GIVI backrest but not the GIVI universal type...

can ask Eugene to customise one... costs around $40 onwards, depending on your desired design.

WOW.... six years old FJS for 45k mileage is consider very low...... mine is coming to 5 year old... mileage 66k liao lor

that's probably a non-touring SW... mine crossed 40k in 2 yrs and SW9000 tour director's mileage is even higher :p

my additions in blue... generally

Most scootering mechanic should understand when you tell them you need a "transmission cleaning"

Cleaning should include:

Removing the front pulley

Removing the rear pulley plus the clutch shoes

Check belt's condition

Check variator plates' conditions

Clean and grease clutch shoes pivot pegs

Blow off dust on clutch springs

Using petrol or spirit to clean the front pulley

Remove rollers and u-clips for cleaning

Clean inside of variator plates & lightly grease roller ramps

Rear lunar plate ( I can't remember if they remove the torque spring and strip the whole assembly or not. Maybe Chairman can advise on that ) nope, but can request; pay more nia

Using petrol to clean the transmission housing

Sand the clutch shoe pads and do a bit of grinding light sanding on the clutch bowl

Finally putting everything back.

So wats the mileage to replace the clutch? Also, are there a variety of OEM roller weights or OEM only makes a standard weight rollers for SW?

depends on the way you ride. e.g. some pp changed theirs after 20+k but my factory set is still serving me well after >45k on odometer.

think honda rollers have only 1 weight locally.

after-markets are available, such as Dr Pulley (no need to change variator), Pollini, Malossi, etc.

I dropped by Eugene last week, want to re-warp my seat and I was told come back after CNY due to business too good and many work now. Steady Bo? What type backrest you used?

yes, Eugene is super hot! it took him near 2 weeks to settle my seat wrap (with design) & mod rider back rest (add paddings & increase height) but the wait and $130 was worth it :thumb:

~

Trips:

I know Future Scootering n K&T is at Kallang how bout the rest?:)

see the tech corner... addresses & tel listed

~

Trips:

hi hi hi... welcome welcome.. hahaa.. and also interested to go for touring trip to thailand this april ??

For every Minute you are angry.. :angry:

U lose 60 seconds of happiness.. :cheeky:

2007 - 2010 Aprillia Sportcity 200

2010 - 2012 Honda SW-T400 TYPE RR

is it u asking to be done on the day u went? he told me dat too but i went bck again & say i'll leave my backrest with him for a week & he agreed. so i'll be collecting mine on dis sat lor.

for the box de, i use back the original rest from the box, juz add additional cushion & make it 90° vertical.

same for my rider's backrest, i add it thicker & 90° vertical. u guys can see mine after dis sat. :angel:

hi hi hi... welcome welcome.. hahaa.. and also interested to go for touring trip to thailand this april ??

still finding "target"? :angel:

Hey guys check this out:)

http://silverwing600.forumotion.com/t902-2003-custom-silverwing-many-pictures

This guy mod a.k.a chrome the bike..so nice sia:D

looks nice but if mine is like his, i'll die from juz polishing the chrome parts. :lol:

still finding "target"? :angel:

hahahaa.. bu yao zhen mer shuo.. i'm letting off this rare rare opportunity to go with fellows Swingers... =)

For every Minute you are angry.. :angry:

U lose 60 seconds of happiness.. :cheeky:

2007 - 2010 Aprillia Sportcity 200

2010 - 2012 Honda SW-T400 TYPE RR