SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings / HOM Cafe 2012

scoobydoo

Yo, Guys.

Many potholes spotted on the expressways.

Some very big and deep.

Possibly due to the constant rain that made the road condition worst.

Please ride with care especially in the rain.

Malaysia already flooding most of the places, hear that is worst than 2006? If u guys prepare to tour during this CNY, think better cancel as the road condition shld be worst n dangerous... Still continually rain... Most of the people are stuck and can't back their hometown for this CNY (possibility).

N/A (Current)

Honda Silverwing FJS 400cc (Yr2010 - Yr2012)

Piaggio X8 200cc (Yr2009 - Yr2010)

Honda CB400 Super Four (Yr2007 - Yr2009)

Honda Phantom TA200 (Yr2005 -Yr2007)

• Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yo, Guys.

Some very big and deep.

Malaysia already flooding most of the places, hear that is worst than 2006? If u guys prepare to tour during this CNY, think better cancel as the road condition shld be worst n dangerous... Still continually rain... Most of the people are stuck and can't back their hometown for this CNY (possibility).

N/A (Current)

Yo, Guys.

Some very big and deep.

agreed and also the drain/sewer covers on the road too..cause me to bump on my bike..haiz..

Ride safe guys on this slippery wet day..:)

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/14045926/640/14045926.jpg

it has been raining non-stop since saturday... ride safely and becareful on the road, especially east side riders (some flooded areas). :cool:

History :angel: --> Cagiva Mito3, Yamaha RX100, Yamaha TZRR125, Yamaha RXK135, Honda 150SP, Honda CBR400RR, Honda Wave 125R, Honda CBR900RR, Yamaha R6 '05, Subaru Imprezza I 1.6M, Honda Silverwing SW-T400, Honda Super 4 Version S, Yamaha Spark 135 RX

Present :thumb: --> Yamaha Tmax 530 Iron Max, Perodua Viva 1.0L

wa siao liao... i'm going in on dis wed thru 2nd link. dat area oso flood?

any website i can check the status?

History :angel: --> Cagiva Mito3, Yamaha RX100, Yamaha TZRR125, Yamaha RXK135, Honda 150SP, Honda CBR400RR, Honda Wave 125R, Honda CBR900RR, Yamaha R6 '05, Subaru Imprezza I 1.6M, Honda Silverwing SW-T400, Honda Super 4 Version S, Yamaha Spark 135 RX

wa siao liao... i'm going in on dis wed thru 2nd link. dat area oso flood?

any website i can check the status?

u better than me, go on wed.... i need to back tml but rain still not stop yet.... dun have website showing flood leh. cos my frd posted video n photo on facebook, segamat, labis and my home town already flooding like swimming pool at some plc.... Where you go? Muar? If got frd or relative just call b4 heading down...

Edited by TitanicLexus

N/A (Current)

wa... still can ride at your hometown? if not then boh bian, u gotta go back 1 or 2 days later le lor...

so is the highway affected? i'm going to seremban, town before KL.

wa... still can ride at your hometown? if not then boh bian, u gotta go back 1 or 2 days later le lor...

Ya, still need to ride but not so far still ok.... juz called back... no more flood at my hometown now liao.... is ytd midnite for few hrs... I think highway will not flood easily, just need to be careful those small road after exit highway. Even no flood liao but the road condition will be quite worst... ride or drive slow n safe bro.....

N/A (Current)

Ya, still need to ride but not so far still ok.... juz called back... no more flood at my hometown now liao.... is ytd midnite for few hrs... I think highway will not flood easily, just need to be careful those small road after exit highway. Even no flood liao but the road condition will be quite worst... ride or drive slow n safe bro.....

i'm riding back, no drive. reach there le then go borrow car. :angel:

u too bro. cny eve's traffic is terrible. be safe & extra careful. :thumb:

Potholes on our expressway are usually found on the 2 left most lane due to heavy vehicles traffic. Rarely on the few right lanes. Almost went into one on the PIE near NTU on the way back home from 2nd Link.

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

Potholes on our expressway are usually found on the 2 left most lane due to heavy vehicles traffic. Rarely on the few right lanes. Almost went into one on the PIE near NTU on the way back home from 2nd Link.

but... but... Penjuru road / lane is only single lane... :angel:

anyway i oso saw a few along KJE... :nono:

watch out for a big pothole at left most lane along KJE towards Jurong, just after Lam San flyover near the sliproad entry from Brickland Rd. i "went in" last Fri when entering KJE, luckily was driving then or else %$#@ liow. like Fazil said, lots of heavy vehicles plying that 2 left most lanes.

~

Current Ride: FJS400 Silver Wing

Trips:

23~27 Dec 2014: 5D5N KL & Ipoh

Scooby's blog http://scoobydooby-doo.blogspot.sg/

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

No worry de lah.

Was informed they need to rain now so that CNY they will stop the tap.

11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot

7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran

17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)

30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride

8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son

http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/

watch out for a big pothole at left most lane along KJE towards Jurong, just after Lam San flyover near the sliproad entry from Brickland Rd. i "went in" last Fri when entering KJE, luckily was driving then or else %$#@ liow. like Fazil said, lots of heavy vehicles plying that 2 left most lanes.

i managed to siam 2 holes ytd. 1 is around jurong west st42. best dun follow vehicles too near, if not cant see from far to have amble time to siam them le...

No worry de lah.

Was informed they need to rain now so that CNY they will stop the tap.

info from? hope its not an email from 天宫. :lol:

info from? hope its not an email from 天宫. :lol:

where got use email so old tech one... got mobile phone mah :lol:

~

Current Ride: FJS400 Silver Wing

Trips:

23~27 Dec 2014: 5D5N KL & Ipoh

Scooby's blog http://scoobydooby-doo.blogspot.sg/

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

where got use email so old tech one... got mobile phone mah :lol:

hmm... must catch hold of thier numbers so dat we can sms for 100% accurate info. :lol:

Wakakaka~! Good info on the rain leh..

Especially roads that have lots of heavy vehicles traffic, be very wary of potholes.

ya lor. places like my working place, "flooded" with container trailers. :angel:

Bell usually have sound when the clutch goes bonkers.

That happens thru wear and tear.

New bike normally don't have such problem.

If you bought 2nd hand, should have got everything checked/serviced again regardless what the previous owner or bike shop said about maintenance done recently.

omg, that owner show me teh receipt that he change the bell and roller on dec 2010 sia... i was wondering how come got that sound... die... that mean dont ride and wait until cny finish then get the service shop to take a look ?

firstly... warm welcome to SW community... its cold and wet out there but its warm in here, and hot for those who's hearts are already riding to ko samui and betong :lol:

when something moves, there will be sound, especially when so many things moving inside the cover. variator with rollers spinning, belt rubbing against plates, belt cutting through air, clutch assembly spinning inside the "crampy" bell... some whispering some talking. a scooter's transmission system is different from those of normal bikes (neutral gear) when at idling.

is sound normal? depends on what sound you referring to :p

like SW9000 suggests, better to do a full post-purchase servicing if your's is 2nd hand; see post #72 bought an used (aka 2nd hand) silver wing?

also suggest you spare some time to read the Silverwing 400cc / 600cc Tech Corner; info there could tell you the common issues SWingers have encountered, from commonly patronised workshops, to stuffs like final drive oil, to common ad-ons to the SW :cool:

actually, the first day when i took the bike, i went and flush the EO, let her drink new engine oil also, spark plug.

Strange, when i first visit the bike, i didnt notice that sound from the left side of the bike... or maybe after the EO then the sound start to come...... is it adviseable to contiune riding? coz i just too ka jiao, wan to ride n ride swing LOL

and see if there's chance that i can meet up with you guys? :D

thx for the time to reply yea, and to SW9000 also.

omg, that owner show me teh receipt that he change the bell and roller on dec 2010 sia... i was wondering how come got that sound... die... that mean dont ride and wait until cny finish then get the service shop to take a look ?

Opening up and check the belt compartment is a simple and cheap job.

Might still be able to get it check at Ah Choong tomorrow bah.

If nothing wrong (no damage), then just a clean up to ensure peace of mind also good.

Keep a log of your bike's condition/services so that you'll understand your SW better.

Most shops tmr 收工. Workers need to go home for re-union dinner. ACM also open till tmr. Gosh, he told me open till 11 tonight. Machiam like wet market open on 29th lunar till everything sold out... :lol:

Most shops tmr 收工. Workers need to go home for re-union dinner. ACM also open till tmr. Gosh, he told me open till 11 tonight. Machiam like wet market open on 29th lunar till everything sold out... :lol:

He now 1-man show. Must work ultra hard to get back the initial investment.

Overtime = more money = can give angpows.

Oh and... somebody's FJS SW is still on sale at M1 Motor (Changi) for 11k.

Interested can go check it out.

Ehhh... confirmed not mine! My 6-month blackie won't be priced that low...

Oh and... somebody's FJS SW is still on sale at M1 Motor (Changi) for 11k.

Interested can go check it out.

Ehhh... confirmed not mine! My 6-month blackie won't be priced that low...

wa. very tempting to get back to swing. haha. but think my wife will make me sleep on the floor for a looong time.

wa. very tempting to get back to swing. haha. but think my wife will make me sleep on the floor for a looong time.

er... quietly crawl back to the bed in the middle of the nite? :angel: