Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha Diversion 900


Palary
 Share

Recommended Posts

wah lamak!

cigarette in the mouth while riding looks like Sylvester Stallone...

 

1 mouth can only apply to "Hong Ta Shan" cigs..! (red pagoda) :D :D

STOC#2963.

 

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1365/733128425_940c3cc0c5_m.jpghttp://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3539/2228/320/P1020266.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Custom

    1447

  • SiLvErGhOsT

    1211

  • mctan

    1198

  • Heyrul77

    963

Originally posted by BackOFF@Sep 5 2005, 04:01 PM

Mctan & nickyeow,

Getting a good helmet will make your journey more comfortable. Those flip up helmets are good choices,

 

Reasons,

For me i drink/eat as i ride, taking photographs with my SLR camera, asking for directions from locals and lots more, I don't need to remove my helmet at all. CONVENIENT

 

And afraid of breaking, don't think so with the good brands.

 

When getting a flip up helmet, try each helmet individually.

Some of us having a longer face, so when the helmet is "closed", there's little room between the helmet and your chin, will be very uncomfortable.

 

2nd, some brands required to use 2 hands to open the flip up. Other things to look out, weight, air vent, removeable inner cushions.

 

Try not to rush to get everything, sad to say that I knew alot of riders who gave up riding after getting their full gears. Sigh.... :nono: Lost of interest, gf/ wife/ mother objection, no leave, studies blar blar blar...

 

Most important must have the right frame of mind when riding, different culture, different road condition.... Welcome to the world of riding... SAFE RIDING!!

Cant agree more on choosing a flip up FF..myself and wife using Nolan '04 flip up FF..bought from Chong Aik..around 290 - 300 each...metallic silver is the nicest. :cheer: :cheer:

Apr '99 - Sept '00 (Yamaha WR200)

Dec '00 - Jul '03 (Honda CB400 Version S)

Jul '03 - 5 June '06 (Yamaha XJ900S Diversion)

10 May '06 - Current (2004 Yamaha FJR1300ABS)

29 Aug '07 - Current (Suzuki Swift Sports-Mega)

04 Feb '09 - Current (2009 Honda City LX i-Vtec)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Casper4XXX/SBFSignatureIV.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Swift@Sep 5 2005, 10:02 PM

Im sorry about the handlebar thing locking to the right...i thot all bikes can lock that way...sorry...our Divys can't unless you drill extra hole yourself....i used to be able to lock when i had my super four...Sorry about the confusion!

Chey! I thought your bike special..so its not becos i cant find the hole. Haha...

Apr '99 - Sept '00 (Yamaha WR200)

Dec '00 - Jul '03 (Honda CB400 Version S)

Jul '03 - 5 June '06 (Yamaha XJ900S Diversion)

10 May '06 - Current (2004 Yamaha FJR1300ABS)

29 Aug '07 - Current (Suzuki Swift Sports-Mega)

04 Feb '09 - Current (2009 Honda City LX i-Vtec)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Casper4XXX/SBFSignatureIV.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Ah Nick@Sep 6 2005, 01:39 AM

hmmmm I oso selling my bike leh~~ any more lobang... mine oso FW plate one~~ ~ I posted quite long liao~~ no buyer...

Thought you jus bought yours not long ago? Upgrading to a more powerful bike? FJR?

Apr '99 - Sept '00 (Yamaha WR200)

Dec '00 - Jul '03 (Honda CB400 Version S)

Jul '03 - 5 June '06 (Yamaha XJ900S Diversion)

10 May '06 - Current (2004 Yamaha FJR1300ABS)

29 Aug '07 - Current (Suzuki Swift Sports-Mega)

04 Feb '09 - Current (2009 Honda City LX i-Vtec)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Casper4XXX/SBFSignatureIV.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Casper4XXX@Sep 6 2005, 11:54 PM

Cant agree more on choosing a flip up FF..myself and wife using Nolan '04 flip up FF..bought from Chong Aik..around 290 - 300 each...metallic silver is the nicest. :cheer: :cheer:

The older version w/o vps, they are selling at 280 now.

mctan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

We are still into flip up helmets, disscussing about it, will give you/us more information and better understanding about it...yup!

Once Flip Up was my choice- now it is not, I ever owned Nolan100E($300+ with removable/washable inner linners) flip up helmet the weight distribution on the helmet is not well balance because of the flip up mechanism is closer to the front were most of the helmet weights are, this helmet is good for those who smoke alot...after sometime of usage the cushions soften and the helmet never fit and sits properly everytime you brake the helmet shift pressing down on your forehead...you can feel it is quite uncomfortable..

It is not recommended(by manufacturer) to ride with the helmet flip up/open- infact you can see most of the riders who using flip up never ride it close(most of the time)..their excuse warm and taking advantage of it flip up. If you think of safety get a full face..and flip ups does open when the rider hit the tarmac hard.. as the locking mechanism is only a small catch...after a year of using it... I give it away...

 

As for the jacket I always recommend to get those with better armour padding protection if you don't believe try to fall down forward (from standing position) using your hand elbows to break the fall -with those flimsy padding you'll know what I mean... as you guys are new to the the bike, speed and handling...get a better armour riding jacket. Those extra $$$ you spent worth every cents.

 

As for the riding pants wearing a jeans is okay it is not the best, for some as you are travelling for along distance riding pants is always the best:- why it has a knee paddings, hip paddings and waterproof (minus point warm for wearer if you stop every traffic light and junctions).

I bought my riding pants quite late after my left knee hitting a metal orange pole near the road side after malaysia custom, it happens:- I stopped my bike to put back my passport near the road side...after keeping my passport I move out, a car behind me travelling on my right change lane from 2nd to 3rd, to avoid the car closing on me, I turn left further and keep closer to the road side, this where my knee hit the pole. Which looks like a orange plactic pole.sh*t!

OMD knows about it, If I had the riding pants it would safe me from the agonizing pain for a week and mc's...he,he,hee! But now me not taking any chances...wear every trips to malaysia..

 

Riding boots, some recommends army boots some says riding boots~ Armyboots is not design for riding it is more for running and walking has soft leather at the upper parts, waterproof not really...still water somehow seeps in...Getting a proper riding boots -you need to do some reseach going/looking into some bike magazine where they test those riding gears/parts and equipments..and recommends it. Or learn from others mistake who bought or use the wrong shoes for riding....as I say I'm using the enfinity oxtar boots(TP boots) highly recommended $340+ it has shin guard and 100% waterproof and made in italy.

 

Each of us have Our Own Opinion 'YES' they/we can have their/our say...But you are the end user, you must weigh it and see what is good for you... save some money to buy good quality gears...you never regret. And there are people who are looking for used gears like jacket, riding pants and helmets...e.g OMD selling off his (XL) OGK helmet and there are people who willing to pay it for a small some..

 

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

 

ThE SpIrIt StIlL LiVeS On "Diversion XJ9s"

 

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

 

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by mctan@Sep 7 2005, 09:58 AM

Casper4XXX & Swift

 

Got your horny fixed?

Nope not yet..intend to ask HL fix for me when I go down for air filter and battery change. No time leh..weekends are family time..bring wife go bike shop she sure make noise one..bring her go shopping her mouth smile until cannot close. :sweat:

Apr '99 - Sept '00 (Yamaha WR200)

Dec '00 - Jul '03 (Honda CB400 Version S)

Jul '03 - 5 June '06 (Yamaha XJ900S Diversion)

10 May '06 - Current (2004 Yamaha FJR1300ABS)

29 Aug '07 - Current (Suzuki Swift Sports-Mega)

04 Feb '09 - Current (2009 Honda City LX i-Vtec)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Casper4XXX/SBFSignatureIV.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Casper4XXX@Sep 7 2005, 12:05 PM

Nope not yet..intend to ask HL fix for me when I go down for air filter and battery change. No time leh..weekends are family time..bring wife go bike shop she sure make noise one..bring her go shopping her mouth smile until cannot close. :sweat:

I think most of the gals are like that, bcos not their cup of tea. Bring them go window shop for bike stuff, worst than pushing the bike around.

Same as asking guys like us join them for hair do or facial, I will fall asleep in the saloon.

So normally I will tell my wife before hand, ask to her plan her own activites. then I go bike service, bike stuff window shop by myself. Unless getting them bike stuff and need them to be around.

mctan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Casper4XXX@Sep 7 2005, 12:05 PM

Nope not yet..intend to ask HL fix for me when I go down for air filter and battery change.

Air fliter and batt change can be DIY. Ask HL change...... :confused: not cheap :cheeky:

mctan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Sep 7 2005, 11:30 AM

infact you can see most of the riders who using flip up never ride it close(most of the time)..their excuse warm and taking advantage of it flip up. If you think of safety get a full face..and flip ups does open when the rider hit the tarmac hard.. as the locking mechanism is only a small catch..

 

U haven seen me have you? kekekeee... I am one of those who fits your description well.. (smoke a lot) but I do keep it close 90% of the time. As for the locking device, it's way better than HJC.

 

I'm into my 2nd Nolan F-up and my complains about his helmet are that their visor gets damage by the stock fog protector over time. A little noisy too but my mp3 will drown whatever noise outside. Also rain can seep into the visor from the top when travelling at high speed.

 

If there was a better (in terms of safety and performance) F-up and approved FF helmet than the Nolan range, I would have bought it long ago.....o_O

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by yob_rekib@Sep 7 2005, 05:03 PM

Hi all Sifus... sorry to hijack the 900ers forum, (coz no 600ers riders hanging around :cry: )... just wondering anyone using knn air filter on ther divvy, and does it help fuel economy???

my bike is using knn, dun noe whether it helps or not. average 16-17km/l :cry: :cry:

70% of the time spend on traffic Jam and 2 persons.

20 % smooth traffic

5% warm up bike

5% traffic light.

mctan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by mctan@Sep 7 2005, 05:10 PM

my bike is using knn, dun noe whether it helps or not. average 16-17km/l :cry: :cry:

70% of the time spend on traffic Jam and 2 persons.

20 % smooth traffic

5% warm up bike

5% traffic light.

Don't know it happen to anyone or not...

This is my experiance..

B4 knn.... FC 25km/L

Carb air inlet clean (use only orginal AirF)

After knn... FC 25km/L (half yr later)

Carb air inlet dirty with black oil stain

 

Sales man of KNN will say better pickup, save fuels etc...

Intial testing, yes.. better pickup, save abit of fuel etc.. half yr later the same...

Below is my finding after half yr.

Check carefully on the "holes" of knn, it is bigger than the orginal air filter.

Bigger holes = bigger air dust can go in.

Wide w cloth on the air inlet hoes found very oiling and dusty.

My carb use to send for washig every 3 yrs (own the bike for 17yrs).

After Knn, 1 yr have to send liao...

For me it really waste of $ and KNN :sian:

 

mctan, better send ur bike for washing 16km/L is too much!!

 

it is like driving a car...

生命的å¯æ‚²åœ¨æ–¼å®ƒä¸èƒ½é‡ä¾†ï¼Œ

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by yob_rekib@Sep 7 2005, 05:35 PM

Hi mctan... wats the fuel consumption with stock air filter??? BTW, saw this Hella twin tone horns at Mustafa @ $17/- cheap or not huh :confused: comes with the relay.... but saw at the box... u need to install 16A fuse when connect pin 30 to batt +ve terminal... but my bike batt only 9A... :confused:

ur bike battery is 9Amp Hour, not 9A.

go to autobacs... they are have promition on the stebel. Only $15.90.. and I brought 2 at $18... some more from MO.. :cry: :cry:

There is no 16A fuse in the market.

If have will be very rare..

15A or 20A will do.

one horn only consume 4A(rms), total 8A(rms)

 

also don't use the orginal relay that they supply... not gd quality.

Get the Bosch 30A relay.. it last me for more than 10yrs on my last bike

生命的å¯æ‚²åœ¨æ–¼å®ƒä¸èƒ½é‡ä¾†ï¼Œ

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Custom@Sep 7 2005, 05:44 PM

Don't know it happen to anyone or not...

This is my experiance..

B4 knn.... FC 25km/L

Carb air inlet clean (use only orginal AirF)

After knn... FC 25km/L (half yr later)

Carb air inlet dirty with black oil stain

 

Sales man of KNN will say better pickup, save fuels etc...

Intial testing, yes.. better pickup, save abit of fuel etc.. half yr later the same...

Below is my finding after half yr.

Check carefully on the "holes" of knn, it is bigger than the orginal air filter.

Bigger holes = bigger air dust can go in.

Wide w cloth on the air inlet hoes found very oiling and dusty.

My carb use to send for washig every 3 yrs (own the bike for 17yrs).

After Knn, 1 yr have to send liao...

For me it really waste of $ and KNN :sian:

 

mctan, better send ur bike for washing 16km/L is too much!!

 

it is like driving a car...

Wow... 25km/l.... good FC, is it Divvy 900??? Reason y i wanted to try knn is for better pickup, coz my 600 pick up very bad....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by yob_rekib@Sep 7 2005, 05:49 PM

Wow... 25km/l.... good FC, is it Divvy 900??? Reason y i wanted to try knn is for better pickup, coz my 600 pick up very bad....

no lar... my ex is a 400cc bike.

Own it for 17yrs before I say byebye to her... :weep:

Ur bike is not mean for pickup... divvy is a ahpek bike... if u wan pickup, go for VMax... everyone will "siam" u

生命的å¯æ‚²åœ¨æ–¼å®ƒä¸èƒ½é‡ä¾†ï¼Œ

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by yob_rekib@Sep 7 2005, 05:35 PM

Hi mctan... wats the fuel consumption with stock air filter??? BTW, saw this Hella twin tone horns at Mustafa @ $17/- cheap or not huh :confused: comes with the relay.... but saw at the box... u need to install 16A fuse when connect pin 30 to batt +ve terminal... but my bike batt only 9A... :confused:

I haven't used a OEM air fliter before. When I bought my bike, it come with KNN filter, so I dun noe is there any different. You may check with our Master Sliver Ghost, he can list out the pros and cons of OEM and KNN.

 

I think the horn that you have mentioned is not suitable for your bike. Its for car use.

If your bike can't provide the amp that the horns need, it either can't generate the sound or it might just give you a "blur" sound, no power.

The twin tone, means the H pitch and L pitch.

Some biker install one horn instead of two due to the limitation of amp supply.

mctan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by mctan@Sep 7 2005, 05:55 PM

I haven't used a OEM air fliter before. When I bought my bike, it come with KNN filter, so I dun noe is there any different. You may check with our Master Sliver Ghost, he can list out the pros and cons of OEM and KNN.

 

I think the horn that you have mentioned is not suitable for your bike. Its for car use.

If your bike can't provide the amp that the horns need, it either can't generate the sound or it might just give you a "blur" sound, no power.

The twin tone, means the H pitch and L pitch.

Some biker install one horn instead of two due to the limitation of amp supply.

bro.. we are using 2 for our Stebel Magnum2. Comes with 2 tones also.

check all ur fuse, u can have 30A fuse as well.

AmpHour is different from Amp.

Amp is current output.

Amp hour is current output per hour.

生命的å¯æ‚²åœ¨æ–¼å®ƒä¸èƒ½é‡ä¾†ï¼Œ

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Custom@Sep 7 2005, 05:44 PM

Don't know it happen to anyone or not...

This is my experiance..

B4 knn.... FC 25km/L

Carb air inlet clean (use only orginal AirF)

After knn... FC 25km/L (half yr later)

Carb air inlet dirty with black oil stain

 

Sales man of KNN will say better pickup, save fuels etc...

Intial testing, yes.. better pickup, save abit of fuel etc.. half yr later the same...

Below is my finding after half yr.

Check carefully on the "holes" of knn, it is bigger than the orginal air filter.

Bigger holes = bigger air dust can go in.

Wide w cloth on the air inlet hoes found very oiling and dusty.

My carb use to send for washig every 3 yrs (own the bike for 17yrs).

After Knn, 1 yr have to send liao...

For me it really waste of $ and KNN :sian:

 

mctan, better send ur bike for washing 16km/L is too much!!

 

it is like driving a car...

Where you wash your bike? How much?

Tot of sending it for washing.

Found out from Boliao, he never wash before. :giddy:

So its time to wash.

mctan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Custom@Sep 7 2005, 05:52 PM

no lar... my ex is a 400cc bike.

Own it for 17yrs before I say byebye to her... :weep:

Ur bike is not mean for pickup... divvy is a ahpek bike... if u wan pickup, go for VMax... everyone will "siam" u

wah!!!! 17 years...

you lau chiao on ah-pek bike...

 

:D :D

STOC#2963.

 

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1365/733128425_940c3cc0c5_m.jpghttp://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3539/2228/320/P1020266.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by mctan@Sep 7 2005, 06:02 PM

Where you wash your bike? How much?

Tot of sending it for washing.

Found out from Boliao, he never wash before. :giddy:

So its time to wash.

use to wash at a shop near to NeeSoon but close down liao.

Last time I take out and wash myself.

It will be better to buy the carb repair kit to replace those wear n tear parts when u do washing.

生命的å¯æ‚²åœ¨æ–¼å®ƒä¸èƒ½é‡ä¾†ï¼Œ

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...