Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Air filter removed


Recommended Posts

Hi people, this might be a weird question but I am looking at a bike to buy that had its airfilter removed by the previous owner who was told air filters are useless. My question is, even if I install it back, are there likely any 'permanent' damages to the engine already? Or are those filters really not that necessary?

Edited by zen9er
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Air filter is suppose to filter out dirt, grime and dust when you riding on the streets. Install back air filter won't damage to the engine but safe the engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2019 at 2:58 AM, zen9er said:

Hi people, this might be a weird question but I am looking at a bike to buy that had its airfilter removed by the previous owner who was told air filters are useless. My question is, even if I install it back, are there likely any 'permanent' damages to the engine already? Or are those filters really not that necessary?

do NOT NOT NOT run without filter. if u have no filter please put back 1 asap. @zen9er

if your bike is running fine then fingers cross no damage.. u wont be able to know unless u open up the engine but no point if the bike is running fine......

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, DRZ_b0i said:

do NOT NOT NOT run without filter. if u have no filter please put back 1 asap. @zen9er

if your bike is running fine then fingers cross no damage.. u wont be able to know unless u open up the engine but no point if the bike is running fine......

Yes yes! But if you want good airflow then suggest get aftermarket filter like K&N, Sprint and BMC

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
On 1/11/2021 at 2:59 PM, NVZZ said:

Yes yes! But if you want good airflow then suggest get aftermarket filter like K&N, Sprint and BMC

Are stainless steel filters or mesh/foam filters better?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...