SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aj Scooters Of Singapore

dark angel

gwee > yeah...spring.....plus some other stuff

fluff > sure got people abuse...but so long as only a small percentage, oklah....

what do you owe him for?no more red vespa?i think it's px model....

red with white linings....damn nice..speedo i wanna make liddat (have fuel gauge,gear indicator etc) but ah joo say if want must change handlebar...not worth it he say.....

thinking of putting electric start also....but ah joo also say not worth it...

-= Unsure of what to get=-

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tazzy_jnr

• fluffpuff

• Wildswans

• maes2ro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i owed him payment for my bike's road tax and inspection. haha think owe him for more than a month before i paid him back la. anyway hmm it could have been that i wasn't observant enough or that ah joo parked it behind his shop (if you haven't already been to the back of his shop, there are lots more "treasures" back there so be sure not to give it a miss). anyway hahah ya the electric start is super tempting aint it. especially for me cos i kickstart my bike like every week or every 2 weeks and the downtime and effort taken to kickstart my bike has been a real pain. just the other day, i kicked till the skin on the side of my foot was scraped off but still had to keep on going cos i knew my engine really needed to be warmed up.

why every fortnight u kickstart?

u never ride everyday?

i don't even know when my roadtax expires, how to find out?

yeah,i've been to the back of his shop..

but the vespas there are owned right?or scrap?

the fron of his shop got this nice purple vespa where the paint would change colour if viewed from different angles...

tempted to make my vespa like that..

niways....he says normal paintjob is $200 but the paint looks like it was applied abit too thickly....

how much if i want a super shiny paintjob?

without the ripples

haa basically my parents are DEAD against bikes and especially of me riding. my mum has been in the dark throughout but my dad found out when i first bought my bike cos he saw my helmet and i confessed to him. he told me that if i were to ever bring my bike back, he would smash it up in front of my very eyes. he also told me he would never accept me riding a bike and to sell off my bike, which i told him i would but didn't of cos. haha at first, i parked my bike at ah joo's place but after a while i felt damn paisei la so i brought my bike back and parked it at this playground within my estate. i drive on a everyday basis so my bianca is not so much a mode of transportation for me but more of a realisation of dreams. haha. anyway, been busy of late and always tired after work / going out with friends so the whole kickstarting routine thing has been pretty infrequent. what a situation i found myself caught in eh haha.

anyway, your bike was actually passed down from your brother right? you can check with him when your road tax expires. he should know where he kept his tax coupon. it's stated on the coupon when your road tax expires.

some of the vespas at the back of his shop are for sale. you just have to ask. mine was parked at the back of his shop when i first saw it.

i don't quite understand what you mean by a super shiny paintjob and ripples haha. you have to check with ah joo. mine was the normal $200 paintjob and am happy with it so far. hmm sometimes if the paint appears to be very thick, it might not be the fault of the spray painter but because the bike has undergone too many rounds of spraypainting. like owner 1 buang, spraypaint. buang again, spraypaint. sian of colour, spraypaint. owner 2 don't like colour, spraypaint. buang, spraypaint. haha that's like 5 rounds of spraypainting already la.

Funny, my parents were always against motorbikes... but the thought of a Vespa was somehow less scary...

How old are you Fluffpuff (if you don't mind me asking...) It seems a shame that you have to make the joy of scootering a clandestine activity... (If your scoot takes ages to kickstart, chances are it's time to change the piston rings... not expensive and a quick job...)

Vespa PX200Disc ------The Pinaccle of Classic Scootering------

www vesporeanfaq:) wikispaces:) com

my parents are against me riding too...

and they dont know i have a scoot...

kos the normal $200 looks thick...

i was wondering how much it would cost if all the underlayers were stripped off,the surface smoothed over and a fresh coat of paint is applied....

so technically there's only 1 layer of paint...

yeah..should ride your vespa more often!..

such a fun scoot to ride...

bianca eh?...

how'd your arrive at the name?

So that's why you always leave your scoot at vivo city???

Poor you.

Extra paint stripping... 100

New 2 tone coat of paint 350

Telling your parents you've gone behind their backs and started riding a scooter : Priceless

Confess guys... it'll all end in tears otherwise.

Hi...mine is a sad story....

:weep:

For years I've been begging and crying my heart's out for my parents approval.

Only 20yrs later I've manage to get my licence even then in secret...

You minght be asking why and I should be taking it ealier right?

Well..back in the mid 80's for a girl (age requirement 16 and above)to get a riding licence was unheard of and also its improper and unlady like (the older generation would sneer and look down on you and they might think you came from a bad family)Sigh!!!

:giddy:

Well that is my sobbing story!!!

tazzy_jnr

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1282/573717913_50b953b1a0.jpg?v=0

www . ajscooters.com

www . friendster.com/ajscooters

Home Of The Classic Scooters In Singapore

Jeez... no offence, but as an Adult, don't you think you're entitled to live your life the way you want to without needing family approval. Surely filial piety works both ways right... Parents need to respect the wishes of their children too!

Don't get me wrong... My family weren't exactly thrilled when I told them I had decided to get a license.... but they came around eventually.... They're only against it to try and protect you from harm... but then again, there must come a time to "let go".

yeap...true2..

i can't tell them i have a scoot,

kos then they'll know my brother has a haya..

n they think it's a waste of money to get a haya...

then they'll blame me kos i bought the bike..

my brother'll blame me kos i told my parents...

nobody would understand that the bike is a steal..

nowhere else can i find a bike that cheap n still not pay for months.....

haizzz...

no way to win...

elo tazzy...what bike are your riding now?

sharpey i am 24 - definately very much an adult haha but you must understand that parents will never cease worrying about their children, regardless of their age. i don't want my parents to worry about me just as much as i don't want my dad to thrash my bike haha mann. and of cos, as tazzy_jnr mentioned, my parents (my mum in particular) think it is crazy and extremely unlady-like to be thinking of bikes all the time, not to mention riding one. it's further complicated when you are provided with a car to drive around in all the time. it's only natural as a parent to think why are you risking your life and making all of us worry for you when everything is provided to you? you must be mad, immature and extremely selfish. so there's just really so many factors in play.

cephelix - bianca means "white" in Italian and as you can see from my avatar, my baby's white in colour. haha i like names which actually mean something.

ahahaha...

yours is white, mine is black...

ahahaha...

best buds eh??

my scoot's name is so unglam....

aniways yeah..parents dont usually let their kids ride bikes...

kos no matter who's fault it is during an accident, the biker always loses....

oh, n sharpey,the vivocity thing is kos my brother's office is at vivocity...

yeah i totally understand why my parents are so against me riding la. i myself damn double standards. next time if i have children, i wouldn't like the idea of them riding at all la. driving almost everyday for four years now has shown me what horrendous drivers there are on the roads loh. it's crazy. once i kena bumped from the back by this fella. he had the cheek to insist it wasn't his fault some more want me to pay for his bumper which fell out. then demand to see my ic cos he didn't believe i had a licence. really crazy. i was soooo mad. then there was this other time, this pickup in front of me lost control, spun 180 degrees and came speeding straight toward me. lucky it managed to screech to a halt just before hitting me. both times had i been on a bike, i would have suffered serious injuries if not lost my life la. anyway haha your black scooter. doesn't matter if it's unglam la, as long as you like it haha who gives a fish what others think.

Life is complicated :smile:

The best thing you can do is to ride defensively (or as put by someone else... "ride like they're trying to kill you.... because they are....")

When I first started riding, I used to HORN alot... After a while you learn to pick your battles... and just try and chill...

The most important thing is to DOMINATE the lane you're in... don't allow people to sqeeze past you (will happen if you ride in the left of the lane).... also... the middle lane is the safest... ride at the speed of the rest of the traffic and stay in the middle lane... If people don't like it... they can go and F88k themselves....

Forgive the language... hate hate hate impatient drivers....

Yeah Fluffpuff... would be good to see you at the meetup....

eh what meetup? haha anyway i can't make it tomorrow man, as much as i would like to meet up. i used to go down to ah joo's place really often when my bike was still being done up and even during the period just after i collected my bike, when i was still struggling with the basics of riding a vintage vespa, had so much problems with the changing of gears la. been going down much less frequently these days though. kinda miss some of the guys hahah wilson are you listening?

tazzy_jnr - gal i just noticed you just joined and that was your very first post la! haha was wondering why you like kinda missing in action. haha been doing what i promised you aint i? hahah anyway, as i was telling aziz and ah joo that day, i decided to keep my bike. i honestly think i will regret it if i do let go of Bianca.

and sharpey - by horning i hope you don't mean squeak horn hahah. i hardly use both my horns la (bianca has a squeak as well as an air horn). the squeak is like useless apart from being cute i feel, while the air horn scares myself even haha. when i do ride fast lately however, i find myself keeping a finger positioned and ready to press down on my air horn if need be. haha getting paranoid about meeting with an accident man. anyway, the middle lane is the safest? shouldn't it be the extreme left lane that's the safest? when i first rode Bianca around ah joo was like stick to the extreme left lane, don't go riding in the right lane ah. i was like huhh then if i want to turn right how??! haha

btw sharpey, you don't happen to be either henning or toby right?

well its just that the left lane is where people will cut you up when they aither overtake, brake and then turn left... or (more fun) pull out from a sideroad in front of you hoping you'll brake in time... The middle lane has none of this nonsense... Trust me on this one!

well its just that the left lane is where people will cut you up when they aither overtake, brake and then turn left... or (more fun) pull out from a sideroad in front of you hoping you'll brake in time... The middle lane has none of this nonsense... Trust me on this one!

Oh, its just that some of the classic scooterists (classic vespa cafe here) are meeting up for a powwow at the prata cafe near the old NIE...(evans road) 7pm... if you can't make it this time, there's bound to be a next time...

Ride safe.

i second third all that was said on those horrendous drivers....a turning car almost hit me last night when i was riding home...blasted my horn but still gotto swerve to the right to escape that #$%@#%@#% driver....

on riding a bike....i am the only rider in the family (and that includes 4 generation...) secretly got my license and brought my first bike but was found out after less than 3 months...from then till now (phew!!! more than a decade)...people in the family are still nagging at me...duh!!!

yeah....fluffpuff...never sell you "bianca"....

1995-1996: Yamaha TZR125

1996-1997: Kawasaki KIPS150

1997-present: Vespa Sprint Veloce

2001-2003: Honda CBR400RL

2005-2005: Honda CB400Vtec2

2005-2007: Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

2007-2011: Yamaha RXK135

2013-2014: Harley Davidson Nightster

2014-present: Harley Davidson Fatboy

ohh prata eh haha yep see you guys next time, whenever that might be. haha yar now that i think of it, your middle lane theory does make sense haha anyway gweester ya la same situation can. am the only biker in the entire family. and that includes extended family some more hahah sucks la. everyone who knows or suspects thinks i am crazy. even ah joo asked me so many times "eh why you want to ride a vespa ah?". haha ask until i got a bit irritated and told him "uncle you asked me that question a lot of times already leh" haha anyway your turning car story reminded me of this one time when i nearly killed off this guy on a bike. i was driving and turning round a junction (at quite high speed) when this bike in front of me just died off. @#$% i had to ebrake like crazy. my heart nearly popped out la. so did the guy's heart i bet. he turned around and gave me a totally shellshocked look. i was so close to knocking him down loh. anyway, as bikers ourselves, think we really have to be responsible riders ourselves la, which include keeping our engines in roadworthy condition. just as much as you don't want to be killed, no driver wants to live with the guilt of harming or killing someone for life.

I DO NOT DISAGREE.....

Guess the bike nagging thingy will go on and on and on and on....

but wat the heck...just love the wind blowing onto my face when i ride....

Indescribable feeling and experience.....

guess the only thing that sucks riding is the dreadful rain...like this evening.....

Raining cats and dogs....

it is our responsible as a road user to be responsible for our action as well as others...for a biker, the rules are always SAFETY FIRST cos it doesnt matter in the accident who is at fault....the bikers will always be the ones most badly hurt or to worse case death when an accident occurs....

Hopefully bikers who eventually become drivers can translate the riding experience into some invaluable road awareness especially little things like checking the blind spots for bikers while driving.....

just checked out AJ scooters and found this extremely meaningful thingy that AJ is doing...

10 times :thumb: for AJ!!!!

ya your elders will always look upon you as their baby la, regardless of your age. haha think my mum will nag at me till the day one of us leaves this world loh. anyway, they are organising that again this year la gweester. if you can, join the guys for the charity event. as you said, it is very meaningful.