[Discussion] Boxes, Panniers & Saddlebags

its the same thing for saddle bag la.. -_- cheapo and the so call branded de wat..

if u get cheap cheap 1 of coz it wun be good wat.. -_-

so many of my friends use saddle bag nvr heard any complain from them leh..

so dun coz of some cheapo 1 den say that saddle bag all have waterproof problems

Hahaha, ok but I've seen their saddlebags and definitely not the cheapo type lor! Their saddlebags are more ex den wad LAB or Ah Koon are selling and I dun think these people with their status will get cheapo ones lor. Anyway, just let Kangwei decide on his own lah! Cheers!

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1+ weeks after using sideboxes , damn i love them big-time :angel:

so much spaceeee :cheeky:

and at traffic lights , can lean slightly back and rest the hands on the boxes...quite comfortable :thumb:

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)

Guest B_E_N

oh haha, ok lor.. i nothing to say, but i still have confidence with my saddle bag.. they serve me so well...

i wonder how harley de saddle bag, haha, is it super good quality?

oh haha, ok lor.. i nothing to say, but i still have confidence with my saddle bag.. they serve me so well...

i wonder how harley de saddle bag, haha, is it super good quality?

anything that says "harley" is usually good, but overpriced... need to go to professional cruiser websites to get similar saddlebags without the ridiculous price tag thanks to the brand logo...

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg
icic... thanks for the info.. haha.. was curious whether is there reali good quality saddle bags out there with resonable price... hha

yours is not too bad... isn't it...

but then for saddlebags can't really get expensive ones... they can be cut off by lowlives...

but then for saddlebags can't really get expensive ones... they can be cut off by lowlives...

true... tts one thing i fear wen i park at unfamiliar places with my saddlebags

Guest B_E_N

ya true.. u dunno when u wil meet knn ccb ppl.. lol

thats why alarm are important to my bike.. with mircowave sensor.. anybody nearby will kpkb liao hahaha

ya true.. u dunno when u wil meet knn ccb ppl.. lol

thats why alarm are important to my bike.. with mircowave sensor.. anybody nearby will kpkb liao hahaha

if it kpkb too much isnt it annoying the neighborhood? annoyed neighbor = wana sabo ur bike more :cheeky: once i heard my alarm went off while i gg to my bike, den saw one guy walk away, i suspect he hit my mirror while parking his bike... wen i check my mirror, indeed it's being hit, i got pissed off n twist his mirror =x my mirror always kena hit by ppl one zzz

if it kpkb too much isnt it annoying the neighborhood? annoyed neighbor = wana sabo ur bike more :cheeky: once i heard my alarm went off while i gg to my bike, den saw one guy walk away, i suspect he hit my mirror while parking his bike... wen i check my mirror, indeed it's being hit, i got pissed off n twist his mirror =x my mirror always kena hit by ppl one zzz

lol relax... you don't have to return the favour... he might not have hit it on purpose... :smile:

hey peeps, just installed my side boxes not too long ago and i'm facing a small problem.

Does anyone has anyway to prevent water from collecting at the lock area as shown below?

I feel that it might pose a problem of water seepage in the future once the seals are worn out.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k129/ckoonyin/aa05df97.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k129/ckoonyin/ThenandNowver2a.jpg
hey peeps, just installed my side boxes not too long ago and i'm facing a small problem.

Does anyone has anyway to prevent water from collecting at the lock area as shown below?

I feel that it might pose a problem of water seepage in the future once the seals are worn out.

nah water won't seep in so easily... :thirsty:

wen i check my mirror, indeed it's being hit, i got pissed off n twist his mirror =x my mirror always kena hit by ppl one zzz

I think you need to develop more tolerance to fellow riders.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

1+ weeks after using sideboxes , damn i love them big-time :angel:

so much spaceeee :cheeky:

and at traffic lights , can lean slightly back and rest the hands on the boxes...quite comfortable :thumb:

hi Zhi Ming,

Can i know which side boes u use.

im also looking for side or top boxes.

how much u spent in total? can share pics of ur boxes???

ty in advance.

i have been using givi for about 1.5 year plus already. so far no problems with water seepage... really gd quality... :) dun have to worry about it...

just make sure u close the box properly and nothing is sticking out of the box. cause there was once, a piece of cloth was sticking out of my givi side box, and it rained like crazy... when i went to open e box, it was filled with quite abit of water. e water seeped in by soaking through e cloth n dripping into the box lucky there wasnt anything in e box... :)

hi Zhi Ming,

Can i know which side boes u use.

im also looking for side or top boxes.

how much u spent in total? can share pics of ur boxes???

ty in advance.

i am using givi E21 side boxes and givi simply top box... from zhi ming's pic, i think his side boxes should be givi E21 as well... u can go to ah boy at kelantan lane to check out the prices... :)

ic,

was thinking of seeing what other side boxes option are there.

wanted saddle bag @ 1st.

but afriad ppl steal.

does the e21 comes with quick release or something?

then again afraid if put side boxes later want to ferry my wife also difficult.

she got BIG legs. scare will be uncomfortable for her 2 sit.

for top box. was thinking of the givi e50 maxia. cause they hav white colour model...

=)

ic,

wanted saddle bag @ 1st.

but afriad ppl steal.

for top box. was thinking of the givi e50 maxia. cause they hav white colour model...

=)

people might steal e21 as well... although less likely...

yes e21 can be quick released... to bomb the tp chasing you from behind... :cheeky:

the e21 should not come in contact with the pillion... even though I have mounted mine quite forward, they haven't quite come in contact with my pillion...

as for top box colour... just spray paint and lacquer... ta-da you get whatever colour you want :clap:

ic,

wanted saddle bag @ 1st.

but afriad ppl steal.

=)

Hi remy, yep i am using E21s. To prevent it from touching pillion , i shifted the signal lights to license plate and so the boxes can be further backwards. Refer to my post a few pages infront. Its very convenient to have sideboxes. :cheeky:

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)

Guest B_E_N

i have been using my saddle bag for more den 1 year, no problem leh, went boleh land also... dun worry la, wun so easy get stolen de, unless they already aim u..

if u already aim u, u use wat box or bag also no use, even the whole bike also can get stolen.. hahaha

i have been using my saddle bag for more den 1 year, no problem leh, went boleh land also... dun worry la, wun so easy get stolen de, unless they already aim u..

if u already aim u, u use wat box or bag also no use, even the whole bike also can get stolen.. hahaha

You are right bro! If they aimed you, the whole bike can be taken away even if your alarm is activated. They have means of disarming them!

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

ic,

wanted saddle bag @ 1st.

but afriad ppl steal.

=)

Bro, there's a quick release for the E21 and can only be release using the key provided. You can dismount/mount the boxes to clean/wash your bike easily. These boxes will not get in the way of the pillion and infact the pillion feels safer with them on, jokes aside! Somehow, they feel that they are protected! I recently 'buang' while turning a corner and the crashbar and my side box helped heaps! They supported my bike which slided off my leg with only light abrasion on my elbow! Can you believe it that the box is so tough that I'm still using it? Anyway, to cut the story short, it's WORTH IT! Here's a picture of my side and top boxes to help you visualise the sitting arrangement.

MyPhantom-1A.jpg

O...k...

thanks guys.

think i'll save up for the full side n top box setup.

btw pureice68, ur headlight damn powderful siah........

i like it....!

My advise for the top box is to get something bigger if you're thinking of getting FF helmets, maybe at least 50litre and above. I'm stuck as I'm using Kappa 42 which can only hold 1 FF.