• Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CB250 Nighthawk, Following  

17 members have voted

1. 1. CB250 Nighthawk, Following

• Coe sufficient
    • Modding potential
    • Parts availability
    • Plugs change frequency
    • Engine oil type and change frequency
    • Lifespan of original parts
    • Flexibility of cheaper parts use
    • Moifying potential
    • Able to use any grade of petrol fuel
    • Potential for 4 rounds of COE
    • Easy to pass inspection
    • Low road tax
    • Daily ride potential
    • Low fuel consumption
    • Ease of maintenance
    • Ease of riding

Hi Guys,

I need advices. I'm looking for 2nd hand Super 4. Today I went down to workshop & was offer at:

1) Machine Price: $7,800

2) Spec: Spec 1 (FS plate, renew COE left 8yrs)

3) Downpayment: $900 inclusive of insurance, road tax etc

4) Monthly Instalment: $280

5) Repayment Period: 3 years

Guys, Please advise if the bike is worthy of the price? I have been away from "Bike world" for few years which is y i need advice from u guys.

PS: The body work & engine condition not bad.

in my opinion its too expensive. spec 1 should cost around 5k-6.5k. shops usually sell their bikes higher but 7.8k is way too high. if i were you, i wouldn't take it.

the above is based on the assumption that the bike is stock and doesn't have any accessories.

Bro,the machine price quite ex for spec1 which i assume is ur model.Unless the bike got accesorries.Cos i jus got mine machine $6.2k.Stock machine coe till feb 2020.

bro when and where did you buy your spec 1? please share more details :angel:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in my opinion its too expensive. spec 1 should cost around 5k-6.5k. shops usually sell their bikes higher but 7.8k is way too high. if i were you, i wouldn't take it.

the above is based on the assumption that the bike is stock and doesn't have any accessories.

bro when and where did you buy your spec 1? please share more details :angel:

Got my bike from Republic Motor. Btw,having some problems with my meter.The trip meters and clock will keep resetting once i turn off the bike.The odo is ok.Can it be repaired?

Bikes Previously Owned: Aprilia RS125, Kawasaki KRR150, Honda RVF400, Yamaha Spark135, Yamaha FZ6N, Suzuki Hayabusa ,Yamaha RXS115, Yamaha Spark135, Yamaha Nuovo Elegance, Yamaha Spark135, Yamaha FZ16.Honda Vtec1, Yamaha FZ1N, Honda Wave-S, Honda CB400X, Honda NC750X. Current Ride: Yamaha TMAX 2015

Got my bike from Republic Motor. Btw,having some problems with my meter.The trip meters and clock will keep resetting once i turn off the bike.The odo is ok.Can it be repaired?

most likely the meter fuse blown. check the fuse at the fusebox in the left side panel.

Morning All.Does Auntie Shop's tank bra able to be customised with bagster mounting points?

Confirm cannot...

if can they already done it...

but they wil kana copyright infrignments....

i oso hunting for tank bra but mine is PB1...

tough find liao...lol

Pricing quote for a vtec 1 is pretty high...

same advice go Republic...

i a regular over there as well...

i did sum hunting b4 i brought my pb 1 recently....

vtec average ard 6k-6.8k depends on shop

owner to owner range fr 5.5k onwards....

Pros & cons....

up to individual...

happy hunting...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs773.ash1/166356_131601833567489_100001530181591_182770_5027349_n.jpg

More for less . . . Always!!!

M.B Products : Lifestyle, Performance, Electronics, Security, Accessories . . .

Click here ---> Visit Motore Bici Section for more details

Bro,the machine price quite ex for spec1 which i assume is ur model.Unless the bike got accesorries.Cos i jus got mine machine $6.2k.Stock machine coe till feb 2020.

Thanks bro...Btw, can u advice the workshop that u got at 6.2k??

Thanks!!

~Jeff~

You pm me this morning and had my answers and now asking here somemore. Hmmm...don't trust what I said iszit? Please next time don't waste my time...asked here first!o_O

Ah Pek I also receive his SMS regarding his carb need to service when I am selling parts.

U not the only one. Hehe :)

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

yekredbull,

Sorry..Did not read the eariler post that u mentioned u got at republic motor..

Thanks...

No problem bro.They lots of Super4 there.Friendly sales staff as well.I asked for breakdown price for transparency.Look for Ezekiel.

Bikes Previously Owned: Aprilia RS125, Kawasaki KRR150, Honda RVF400, Yamaha Spark135, Yamaha FZ6N, Suzuki Hayabusa ,Yamaha RXS115, Yamaha Spark135, Yamaha Nuovo Elegance, Yamaha Spark135, Yamaha FZ16.Honda Vtec1, Yamaha FZ1N, Honda Wave-S, Honda CB400X, Honda NC750X. Current Ride: Yamaha TMAX 2015

you guys never consider getting your spec 1 from forums? i think its so much more cheaper than getting from shops.

anyway y2kredbull, when did you purchase your spec 1? has it been giving you a lot of problems?

I just got her out yesterday morning.So far on the ride home no immediate problems.Just that the normal wear and tear u would expect from a 11-12yr old machine.Need to change the brake discs first cost they are worn out.Any reviews on the Arashi brake discs?

Going back to Republic Motor tmr to sort the trip meter/clock issue.Hope that its just a fuse problem. :)

I did consider a spec1 from here.Viewed some spec1s.Also bro LXY's spec1. :)

I just got her out yesterday morning.So far on the ride home no immediate problems.Just that the normal wear and tear u would expect from a 11-12yr old machine.Need to change the brake discs first cost they are worn out.Any reviews on the Arashi brake discs?

Going back to Republic Motor tmr to sort the trip meter/clock issue.Hope that its just a fuse problem. :)

I did consider a spec1 from here.Viewed some spec1s.Also bro LXY's spec1. :)

Hi y2kredbull, welcome s4 family!

I'm using arashi brake disc for my rear and performance wise is about the same as oem except slightly hotter after riding. If u free we can meet up see yr new ride. :)

LICENCES

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

wasted y2kredbull.. im selling my spec1 at 6.3..... republic is ok.. but try tp go.somewer else for buying parts.. their price, abit ex

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

boss.. do ask republic to.check throughly..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

haha bro. :) Actually you could ask Republic to check the bike first. :)

They're more than willing to help you as much as possible. Their services are one of the best in sg and very honest. :)

I bought a bike from them too. :)

Hey yr bike engine top have leakage, solve?

LICENCES

Hi S4ians.. Going overseas for 10days, any ways to prevent battery from going flat??

Try disconnecting the battery tenders from its terminals...

it will slow the discharge bUT WILL NOT STOP the discharge...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs773.ash1/166356_131601833567489_100001530181591_182770_5027349_n.jpg

Hi S4ians.. Going overseas for 10days, any ways to prevent battery from going flat??

If batt is not tat old, 10 days should be fine. i went overseas 1 mth, tat time batt was more than 1.5yr old. Came back was still ok. But was very worried. ^^

2nd time overseas 1 mth. I send to my shop ask them help me take care. ^^ in e past ask my fren come help me strt bike weekly.

Or can disconnect batt but like e other post said, will still discharge.

Or ask ur family member help start? Should be simple enough since only press button. :)

If batt is not tat old, 10 days should be fine. i went overseas 1 mth, tat time batt was more than 1.5yr old. Came back was still ok. But was very worried. ^^

2nd time overseas 1 mth. I send to my shop ask them help me take care. ^^ in e past ask my fren come help me strt bike weekly.

Or can disconnect batt but like e other post said, will still discharge.

Or ask ur family member help start? Should be simple enough since only press button. :)

Thks for the advice, will leave it as it is...jus pray hard battery won't drain off. I think worst case still can push start. :)

guys do you know or hav a cdi for spec 1...? my cdi chialat already...

ahmin can descibe yr cdi problem? i know some one can repair for u, i can go down with u.

OEM CDI currently out of stock. new one may cost ard $800. next arrival should 1-2months later.

Edited by LXY
add more

LICENCES

Can disable the imobilizer HISS as this is consuming power...any advice??

Hmm no idea abt hiss... to me it juz some stupid ting the jap invented to bluff our $$$ haha...

it shouldn't b much since it juz blinking light???

ahmin can descibe yr cdi problem? i know some one can repair for u, i can go down with u.

OEM CDI currently out of stock. new one may cost ard $800. next arrival should 1-2months later.

Wow tat ex for cdi??? tot was only $500+

can repair??

Care to advise??

My pb1 cdi start to leak gum (over a ong period of time; thru tracing)

still going strong but juz a matter of time...