SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Info] Thailand : Hatyai

Simon Soh

Hatyai Town is a commercial town and shopping of tourists

During the day you can either travel around the city - seeing natural site such as famous 'Maiden' Songkla Beach, mountain & forest, water falls, ancient places, old and beautiful temples or do some shopping. This is the place you can find many types of goods. Many restaurants in different styles and many new-and-delicious strange menu serving you for 24 hours.

During the night , many various entertainments are exciting and dazling. You can see movies, listen to music, or join in discotheque, karaoke or nightclub whatever you want.

Q. How to get there..?

A. Few modes of transportation, the most exciting & interesting way still by bike.

Q. How far & the traveling time to be..?

A. It's about 805km from GP's Esso to Bkt Kayu Hitam, arrival time will much depend on your speed & stop/refreshment intervals.

An example; if you are travelling average at 120km/hr, every minit is 2km, for that speed you need approximately less than 8hrs of travelling time. To get the exact journey's duration you need to add your refreshment intervals.

Q. What are the things & documents i have to prepared..?

A. Bring only what you need & money. A copy of vehicle registration card is require to declare ownership of your bike before entering the kingdom of Thailand. The carbon copy of the vehicle import chit is to be well kept & must return before leaving Sadao, a penalty fee would be required if it's misplaced or failure to returned during your stay from your visit to Thai again before entry. A small endorse fee of rm1 or 20baht is payable for each passport. To avoid unneccessary delays at custom, prepared with all the above.

For another 40mins or 55km you will be in Hatyai town.

North/South Highways R&Rs

North Bound

Mark

75km = Machap - R&R, Petronas.

146km = Pagoh - R&R, Shell.

205km = Ayer Keroh - R&R, Petronas.

209km = Ayer Keroh(Jejantas) - R&R, Caltex, KFC.

271km = Seramban - R&R, Petronas.

*** Alternative route to Ipoh along has re-opened since early June, it coveniently bypass KL hassle free.

Exit 214 marked at 284.5km(visible direction to Ipoh, KLIA/SepangF1), 46km journey to a Y-divider, keep right to Ipoh, another 9km to a final Y-split divider & keep left. it will bring u to NSHW heading to Ipoh(bkt Kayu hitam) decreasing from marked 460km.***

Mark

455km = Sg. Buloh - Esso.

440km = Rawang - R&R, Petronas.

340km = Tapah - R&R, Shell.

250km = Sg. Perak - R&R, Petronas.

226km = Gantang - Caltex.

196km = Semanggol - Esso.

80km = Gurun - R&R, Caltex.

South Bound

Mark

142km = Juru - R&R, Shell.

195km = Semanggol - Esso.

225km = Gantang - Caltex.

333km = Tapah - R&R, BP.

399km = Ulu Bermam - R&R, Petronas.

*** At marked 460km exit right to KL or left back to JB, the re-routing journey is the reversely the same as per above. smooth & hassle free traffic until Seramban R&R.***

Mark

276km = Seramban - R&R, Petronas.

209km = Ayer Keroh(Jejantas) - R&R, Petronas, Caltex, KFC

135km = Pagoh - R&R, Mobil.

*** Along this alternative route, there r R&Rs & fuel stations.

Fuel Tank Capacity

Some re-fueling station guide for bike with smaller fuel tank required for every 200km or less;

North Bound

- Ayer Keroh R&R @ 205/209km

- Rawang R&R @ 440km

- Sg. Perak R&R @ 250km

- Gurun R&R @ 80km

South Bound

- Semanggol @ 195km

- Ulu Bermam R&R @ 399km

- Ayer Keroh R&R @ 209km

- Machap R&R @ 75km

Danger Area

1) Mark 250km to 280km along Ipoh, ride thru a mountain tunnel, up/down wide bends, & spectacular scenic mountainous view, very refreshing when during dawn & breath of fresh air from the mist.

2) Mark 70km before Kedah(Bukit Kayu Hitam). Strong wind area, to be more cautious, you can feel bike riding slanted.

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Electric type:

VOLTAGE

220V

FREQUENCY

50 Hz A/C

PLUG

A Configuration

North America

NEMA 1 - 15

(ungrounded)

http://www.powerconnections.co.uk/worldpowerconfig/configdia_a_.gif

C Configuration

Europe

EN 50 075

(ungrounded)

http://www.powerconnections.co.uk/worldpowerconfig/configdia_c_.gif

http://home.pacific.net.sg/~none/sign7.jpghttp://home.pacific.net.sg/~none/sign8.jpg

hi none,

yes... it's using the ungrounded type.

the adaptor r easily obtain from C4 & in Hatyai leading departmental stores

Simon Soh

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Originally posted by Simon Soh@Mar 10 2004, 10:33 AM

Hatyai Town is a commercial town and shopping of tourists

During the day you can either travel around the city - seeing natural site such as famous 'Maiden' Songkla Beach, mountain & forest, water falls, ancient places, old and beautiful temples or do some shopping. This is the place you can find many types of goods. Many restaurants in different styles and many new-and-delicious strange menu serving you for 24 hours.

During the night , many various entertainments are exciting and dazling. You can see movies, listen to music, or join in discotheque, karaoke or nightclub whatever you want.

Q. How to get there..?

A. Few modes of transportation, the most exciting & interesting way still by bike.

Q. How far & the traveling time to be..?

A. It's about 805km from GP's Esso to Bkt Kayu Hitam, arrival time will much depend on your speed & stop/refreshment intervals.

An example; if you are travelling average at 120km/hr, every minit is 2km, for that speed you need approximately less than 8hrs of travelling time. To get the exact journey's duration you need to add your refreshment intervals.

Q. What are the things & documents i have to prepared..?

A. Bring only what you need & money. A copy of vehicle registration card is require to declare ownership of your bike before entering the kingdom of Thailand. The carbon copy of the vehicle import chit is to be well kept & must return before leaving Sadao, a penalty fee would be required if it's misplaced or failure to returned during your stay from your visit to Thai again before entry. A small endorse fee of rm1 or 20baht is payable for each passport. To avoid unneccessary delays at custom, prepared with all the above.

For another 40mins or 55km you will be in Hatyai town.

North/South Highways R&Rs

North Bound

Mark

146km = Pagoh - R&R, Shell.

205km = Ayer Keroh - R&R, Petronas.

209km = Ayer Keroh(Jejantas) - R&R, Caltex, KFC.

271km = Seramban - R&R, Petronas.

*** Alternative route to Ipoh along has re-opened since early June, it coveniently bypass KL hassle free.

Exit at marked 284.5km(visible direction to Ipoh, KLIA/SepangF1), 46km journey to a Y-divider, keep right to Ipoh, another 9km to a final Y-split divider & keep left. it will bring u to NSHW heading to Ipoh(bkt Kayu hitam) decreasing from marked 460km.***

Mark

455km = Sg. Buloh - Esso.

440km = Rawang - R&R, Petronas.

340km = Tapah - R&R, Shell.

226km = Gantang - Caltex.

196km = Semanggol - Esso.

South Bound

Mark

142km = Juru - R&R, Shell.

195km = Semanggol - Esso.

225km = Gantang - Caltex.

333km = Tapah - R&R, BP.

399km = Ulu Bermam - R&R, Petronas.

*** At marked 460km exit right to KL or left back to JB, the re-routing journey is the reversely the same as per above. smooth & hassle free traffic until Seramban R&R.***

Mark

276km = Seramban - R&R, Petronas.

209km = Ayer Keroh(Jejantas) - R&R, Petronas, Caltex, KFC

135km = Pagoh - R&R, Mobil.

*** Along this alternative route, there r R&Rs & fuel stations.

Fuel Tank Capacity

Some re-fueling station guide for bike with smaller fuel tank required for every 200km or less;

North Bound

- Ayer Keroh R&R @ 205/209km

- Rawang R&R @ 440km

- Sg. Perak R&R @ 250km

- Gurun R&R @ 80km

South Bound

- Semanggol @ 195km

- Ulu Bermam R&R @ 399km

- Ayer Keroh R&R @ 209km

- Machap R&R @ 75km

Danger Area

1) Mark 250km to 280km along Ipoh, ride thru a mountain tunnel, up/down wide bends, & spectacular scenic mountainous view, very refreshing when during dawn & breath of fresh air from the mist.

2) Mark 70km before Kedah(Bukit Kayu Hitam). Strong wind area, to be more cautious, you can feel bike riding slanted.

updates..

Simon Soh

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by FX PJR@Jul 17 2004, 09:55 PM

Simon,your infos are SPOT ON.....thanks for the tips and direction.Made it to and back without any problem....except i think you miss the Sugei Buloh R/R.(south bound.it's after the Ulu bermam R/R)

1st Sg. Buloh R&R has no petrol kiosk, unless u r willing to detour 2km into the next.. :D

welcome come back... :thumb:

Simon Soh

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by Junction@May 2 2006, 11:04 PM

Anyone can help step by step to HAADYAI.From spore NSH i always miss exit 214.So any guide line.What is the landmark to exit 214 wen to keep alert b4 exit 214 b4 i miss the exit.TQ

Exit 214 is at NSH road marking 284km, it shows "Nilai, KLIA, Ipoh"

Its just after Exit 215 - Sepang

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Junction@May 2 2006, 11:04 PM

Anyone can help step by step to HAADYAI.From spore NSH i always miss exit 214.So any guide line.What is the landmark to exit 214 wen to keep alert b4 exit 214 b4 i miss the exit.TQ

It's shortly after Seremban R&R i think.

I always look out for the flyovers....

there are alot of flyovers when u near the exit 214.

Hope that helps.

Cheers !

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/Ah_Hia00/Thai/MaeSod.jpg

My Bike Outside The Immigration Checkpoint of Mae Sod(Thai Mynmar Border), Mae Sod, Thailand

25th Dec 2005 to 9th Jan 2006

Singapore - Malaysia - Thailand

Total Distance Covered ~ 7000+ km

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by Al-Simmons@May 2 2006, 10:38 PM

is it the turn that goes to Ipoh on the left and Kuala Lumpur on the right?

when u coming to a 3-4 lanes from a 2 lanes road, u about to reach the exit 214, to add on if u r travelling at night, u will notices the bright street yellow lamps.

After entering to exit 214, u will experience riding on a long & striaght "Run-Way" till u see petrol kiosk on the left, after that u will meet a Y junction, follow the Right to ipoh, u will see another petrol kiosk with Mc donald on the left, there after that u will meet anoher Y junction, follow the Left to ipoh & straight all the way to thai border in another some 400km.

Vara1K

Its not how much have u done it, its have u did it?http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p290/Tonyzx11/P1000395.jpg

• 5 months later...

2 qns here regarding the crossing of the msia-thai border.

1) I know the customs are NOT 24 hours. But what are the customs operating hours, or rather I am more concerned with what time do they START the customs services in the morning for both bkt kayu hitam side and sadao side (maybe can specify Msia time or thailan time, bcos there's a 1 hour diff))

2) is it possible for me to park my bike just outside sadao customs. WALK to the sadao customs (enter thailand), do my clearance and then proceed to leave thailand immediately? If yes, i presume that i do not need all those bike-related documents at all, am i correct.

thanks in advance

1. 6AM Malyasia time officially. Have been there a coulpe of times at about 630AM and border was opened but at that timing too many tour buses and lorries.

2. Yes for just a short period of time u can leave your bike there. Can park near the place where there are people offering to fill in the Thai Immigration cards for a fee, in a booth on the left of the complex.

For a longer time if you want to take a walk around Danok, park at the duty free complex, on your left, between the 2 immigration complexes.

Just out of curiousity, why do you want to turn up at the border without riding in ??? Only know of people doing visa runs for thailand, but 1st time hear people doing it for malaysia :sweat:

At the beach for Loy Krathong

thanks Bochap, i am not trying to do anything funny or illegal :D. Just trying to get some official documentation that i have been to the thai customs, nothing to do with visa runs whatsoever.

thanks for the reminder regarding the tour bus and stuff, will put that into consideration on my timing

Yup, there are quite alot of tour bus/coaches flooding the custom at 630am.

queue will roughly last till 7+am.

so far , the best timing from my experience are between 730am - 815am

830-9am onwards, tour bus started to flood in again :sweat:

At times if you are too early for the border to start operate, you can drop by BKH town dutyfree instead to have some coffee while waiting for the custom to open. Located Road Mileage 7km from sadao. Left turn from there hit straight. its on your right.

BTW why would you like to do that ?

Attempting iron butt uh ? :D

You can do that, which means you dont have to import your vehicle in at all.

Pay the immigrant 1RM to chop your passport, then you walk to the opposite side and pay anotheer 1RM to the immigrant officer to chop you out of thailand ..

cheers

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......

• 1 month later...

I heard that bikers purchase cheap accessories for the bikes at thailand. Can we find these kinda shops in hatyai or we need to travel further?

On average, every three days, 1 motorcyclist or a pillion die or is seriously injured in a traffic accident. Riding a motorcycle is dangerous enough. Riding recklessly is Suicidal.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to Hatyai soon . Can someone recommend :

1) List of accomodation - price , location and parking type(covered ? with/out security)

2) List of nice restaurant

3) Places / Things to do in and around Hatyai ?

4) Locations of seat wrap , no. plates and accessories shops ?

Thanks for the helps ...

:confused:

Originally posted by FastForward@May 18, 2007 08:14 pm

Going to Hatyai soon . Can someone recommend :

1) List of accomodation - price , location and parking type(covered ? with/out security)

2) List of nice restaurant

3) Places / Things to do in and around Hatyai ?

4) Locations of seat wrap , no. plates and accessories shops ?

Thanks for the helps ...

:confused:

If nobody replies, just go to any hotel.. grab the free Hatyai map.

Hotel is around 600 baht to about 650 baht...

Ask around, you will get your way around Hatyai.

http://www.geocities.com/sg_fazer/earth.JPG

some hotel i personally frequent

1) Sakol Hotel . 660 baht - Parking Beside lobby level 1

2) Lee garden hotel (new) - underground parking. 1120 baht

3) Regency Hotel - Underground parking w security . 600+ for old wing 900+ for new wing

4) President hotel - parking outside hotel lobby (open space)

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......

some hotel i personally frequent

1) Sakol Hotel . 660 baht - Parking Beside lobby level 1

2) Lee garden hotel (new) - underground parking. 1120 baht

3) Regency Hotel - Underground parking w security . 600+ for old wing 900+ for new wing

4) President hotel - parking outside hotel lobby (open space)

Sorry .. but r these price based on internet booking or walk in prices ?