• Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

• Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

woo thanks.

wow sounds like a fun lesson even if i fail. I am brushing up on my RC now before going for lesson 7. Only problem with failing this is waste of $$! Good luck to us all!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I haven't done circuit for too long until i forgot what is the correct form up...

For slope is it right left right left?

Going upwards is check back inwards. How about when you are below the slope do you checkback inwards or just on the right?

For E brake is it left right left right? Check inwards as well right?

Do u get points if u stall engine at Ebrake? even if u start engine immediately

For slope is right left right left. Only 4 motorbike allowed at once. If got car then don’t go up yet. Going upwards is check back inwards then when you go down is just check traffic and check right then move off with blindspot.

For E-brake is left right left right. Max only 8 motorbike allowed. If got 8 then wait near the gate but don’t block traffic. Check back inwards before moving off. For the stalling part I not so sure if will minus points but just try to clutch in earlier.

CLASS 3A - 22/11/16

CLASS 2B - 14/11/19

me too.

I took 3x1.02 5x2.01 2x2.02 and waiting for the 3rd 2.02.

shall I continue?

I always have issue moving off and controlling the clutch... even though I know what to do at each lesson.

Sounds like u are from BBDC?

what is 2.02 about?

If money is not an issue just continue la as long as u know how to cycle. 3 time 5 time very normal la. My 1st lesson took me 4 tries. IMO moving off/clutch control need time to get muscle memory and slowly u will be able to feel the bike like when it's going to stall or when u need to change your gear.

@Pisces44

ok la v normal...my 1st time also v high points + immediate fail lol.

Continue to jia u!

Where are your points from? If blindspot then easier to fix

I know pple who took Lesson 4 for 6/7 time then pass.

Hi. Just wanna find out for defensive theory lessons(theory lesson5-7), do you have to pay at the counter? From online i couldn't find the option to pay for it

if I never remb wrongly...the option only will only pop out after passing practical lesson 4? because i only paid it after i pass lesson 4.

But...i am v slow with my theory lesson so I might have got all this messed up ops. =/

Edited by laviz
Sounds like u are from BBDC?

what is 2.02 about?

If money is not an issue just continue la as long as u know how to cycle. 3 time 5 time very normal la. My 1st lesson took me 4 tries. IMO moving off/clutch control need time to get muscle memory and slowly u will be able to feel the bike like when it's going to stall or when u need to change your gear.

Yes i am from bbdc, but that thread is cold (2015)...

Thanks, I just cleared 2.02 which is changing lane and right turn.

now i am taking the narrow plank, this clutch control really hurts, is there any place I can practice without a license?

if I never remb wrongly...the option only will only pop out after passing practical lesson 4? because i only paid it after i pass lesson 4.

But...i am v slow with my theory lesson so I might have got all this messed up ops. =/

Thanks man. Still got 3 more pracs to 4 tho

Yes i am from bbdc, but that thread is cold (2015)...

Thanks, I just cleared 2.02 which is changing lane and right turn.

now i am taking the narrow plank, this clutch control really hurts, is there any place I can practice without a license?

Ya don't know why the forum so dead.

hmmm no where legal to practice leh unless u go JB/bali/phuket...the only place i can think of is carpark but if u get caught the person who lend u bike also will get his license revoke...

So no choice need to just keep paying for lesson until you unlock self practice and then it will be cheaper.

Thanks man. Still got 3 more pracs to 4 tho

np just enjoy your lesson.

I just failed lesson 7 lol. I really tot I did well but apparently I got a lot of points from road test mainly from lane change....just need to focus on correcting this. I was praise on lane change in L5 n 6 don't know why i screw up this time! But nvm, I at least i know where to correct. Jia you everyone!

np just enjoy your lesson.

I just failed lesson 7 lol. I really tot I did well but apparently I got a lot of points from road test mainly from lane change....just need to focus on correcting this. I was praise on lane change in L5 n 6 don't know why i screw up this time! But nvm, I at least i know where to correct. Jia you everyone!

As they said, failure will lead to success eventually. Since you're at lesson 7, its inevitable of you getting 2b license very soon:D

Anw any tips to move up slope in prac 2? Isit ok to just throttle more? I feel its more hassle than the plank and pylon slalom

For slope, I feel that you just have to throttle to the right amount and maintain your clutch, you will be fine. When I started out I throttle a lot but I got minus points for it during Prac 4. So all I can advise you is to try and see whether throttling more or release your clutch a little further works better. As when you are taking TP, you may or may not get the bike that you are used to so ya play around and see what works best for you.

CLASS 3A - 22/11/16

CLASS 2B - 14/11/19

As they said, failure will lead to success eventually. Since you're at lesson 7, its inevitable of you getting 2b license very soon:D

Anw any tips to move up slope in prac 2? Isit ok to just throttle more? I feel its more hassle than the plank and pylon slalom

yes yes i know i am sooo near so i will not give up now...hehe

For slope

1. throttle first...u can throttle more for now..next time u are use to it u will know how much to throttle so don't worry abt this 1st la just wack abit more than usual.

2. slowly release clutch and listen to the sound change (will get softer). once change and u can feel the clutch engage. *most impt point* HOLD and maintain the clutch level do not release any further.

3. release rear brake ( for me i also throttle more when i start releasing the brake)

Viola u are moving

Slope is definitely easier than plank and pylon once u get it.

Ya don't know why the forum so dead.

hmmm no where legal to practice leh unless u go JB/bali/phuket...the only place i can think of is carpark but if u get caught the person who lend u bike also will get his license revoke...

So no choice need to just keep paying for lesson until you unlock self practice and then it will be cheaper.

Thanks!

So the self practice is unlocked until I finished all lessons or just the circuit lessons?

self practise unlocked after u finish the lesson on circuit test route, before circuit test

Bbdc is so fk up…

Some coach can let you pass anyhow, while some coach give 0 tolerance.

Yesterday a coach failed me e break for look down(evening session, dark and raining) and put my hand on clutch too early(without pulling it).

No la. Even at ssdc different Instructors also grade differently. But later u will thank them for that. U will think all these minor mistake just 2 points only nothing much but can add up really easily. Btw e brake is the circuit that can get u the most points. During my lesson for e brake those who can’t show that they can get it correct Won’t be able to pass as well. I also kana the put my hand too early on clutch even though I am not pressing it yet. Just listen and correct it because if u do it wrongly and no one force to correct u it, it will become a muscle memory in a bad way.

i also very annoyed when I’m taking lesson 7. Every damn attempt got different things to pick on me and fail me. there was once I Got immediate failure from - changing lane right after u turn where there is still zig zag line. Then I start to realise I wasn’t conscious of my mistake until I fail. Because when I think back another instructor did specifically mention this to me during non grading practise but I just orh orh since I’m not really sure what he meant and never bother to clarify. Imagine I go TP and execute everything perfectly but do this silly mistake and get immediate failure. Cfm more heart pain.

So yes Jia u and really just listen to them and rectify. Those strict one not out to fail u. They just want u to pass your tp on one try la lol. Trust me failing normal lesson is not as demoralising as failing circuit test. I think that is the part where most pple give up. U will start to question if u can ever make it at least for me lol.

No la. Even at ssdc different Instructors also grade differently. But later u will thank them for that. U will think all these minor mistake just 2 points only nothing much but can add up really easily. Btw e brake is the circuit that can get u the most points. During my lesson for e brake those who can’t show that they can get it correct Won’t be able to pass as well. I also kana the put my hand too early on clutch even though I am not pressing it yet. Just listen and correct it because if u do it wrongly and no one force to correct u it, it will become a muscle memory in a bad way.

i also very annoyed when I’m taking lesson 7. Every damn attempt got different things to pick on me and fail me. there was once I Got immediate failure from - changing lane right after u turn where there is still zig zag line. Then I start to realise I wasn’t conscious of my mistake until I fail. Because when I think back another instructor did specifically mention this to me during non grading practise but I just orh orh since I’m not really sure what he meant and never bother to clarify. Imagine I go TP and execute everything perfectly but do this silly mistake and get immediate failure. Cfm more heart pain.

So yes Jia u and really just listen to them and rectify. Those strict one not out to fail u. They just want u to pass your tp on one try la lol. Trust me failing normal lesson is not as demoralising as failing circuit test. I think that is the part where most pple give up. U will start to question if u can ever make it at least for me lol.

thanks for the pat laviz. I guess it was some steam need to blow.

but till this point I have accepted that it would take god's work for me to pass tp in one go...

and I rode bicycle to school for 2+years during high school back in China, it is just too hard for me not to stand by my hand especially in the situation of e brake.

you are right they are also helping me and I guess I should have a not-so-hard time passing the circuit evaluaion for I have made all mistakes possible.

one good news is my clutch control is better, so I can find out later whether it still kills me in moving off at left turns.

Np icaruse I know how it feels to fail prac and how much encourage from pple will help. Share your progress with your good friends (only those encouraging one la). U will find going through all this so much easier and less chance of giving up lol.

Not gonna lie the first time i failed my circuit test I tot I wasn't meant for riding, I felt very very demoralize and felt like giving up. Then came lesson 7 final evaluation. I was under an enormous pressure (self) to pass my 2nd attempt and when I failed I literally broke down. =/ but I went too far to even think of giving up la.

I also don't think I can pass TP at 1 go but I am praying and psying myself otherwise lol.

Good - clutch control is very impt...especially doing U turn