SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Goldwings Owner's

funwheels

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure all goldwingers (for both GL1500 & GL1800) have some story about where to park or not to park our goldwings. We always have some problem to park our wings when goto some unfamiliar places. Let's share our experiences so that we'll know which carparks are goldwing friendly and which is not..

Building or Carpark / charges / Remarks

CBD area

Cairnhill Place /Charge

Centerpoint /FOC

Esplanade /Charge

Fuji Xerox Tower /Free

Golden shoe carpark / Up for your cornering skill. Need to be early so that you can have a two motorcycle slot

Holiday Inn Parkview / Charges same as car / last time I visited there, I paid $8

Hong Leong Building / Charge

International Plaza /FOC

KK Hospital / FOC / Careful when entering and exiting, space is tight but passable.

M Hotel /FOC

Market Street Carpark /Charge

Mandarin hotel / no parking for bikes

Marina Square /FOC

Millenia Walk / FOC/ Go into the car park no problem but can not come out due to wing mirror crash with the barrier, avoid if you can.

Orchard Hotel /FOC

One george st - Good parking lot

One Raffles Quay / charge

Orchard Cineplex / no parking for bikes. Don't try to go in else you might get stuck.

Plaza Singapura/FOC/Never able to get a parking lot there, always full..

Tangs /Charge

The Central - Free parking at Unoading and loading bay

Raffles city /FOC /Go in by B2. If you go in by B3, insert your cardcard to open the gantry

Suntec City/ FOC/ one of my favourite, plenty of parking lots but just be careful that not every barrier allows GW to pass thru'.

UOB Plaza - Follow car parking fee - Very expensive during office hour.

Waterloo Centre /$0.65 per entry/ Carpark only 1.8M height, remember to fold down the antennas.

Eastern region (Ubi to Changi, SengKang, Pungol, Tampines etc.)

Compass Point / Motorcycle parking is at the loading and unloading / Do go very slow over the hump as it is high

Hitachi Square /FOC

Hougang Mall / No parking inside, park at surrounding open carpark. $0.65 per entry.

Hougang Plaza / Charge at basement carpark, Park at the footpath, FOC

Hougang Point / FOC / Plenty of places to park, they just shifted the gantry near to the entrance, space is tight, becareful.

Courts and Ikea Megastore @ Tampines - Free parking

Punggol Plaza /FOC

Rivervale Mall / No parking / park at footpath, wide enough for GW.

Rivervale Plaza / $0.65 per entry.

SingPost Building @ Eunos/FOC/Sharp bend when coming out, be very very careful..

Starhub Green /FOC

Tampines mall/$1 per entry ?/Went there once, forgot how much they charge.. Parking lot a bit tight but ok.

Century square /Charge

White Sand Shopping centre / $1.00 per entry.

Northern region (Yishun, Woodland etc)

Bukit Panjang Plaza

Republic Plaza - Pay

Western region (Clementi, Ulu Pandan, Jurong etc)IMM / 1st 3hrs free

Jurong pt /Charge

Science park I and II - Most of the carparks are free and goldwing friendly

Acer Building at IBP at Jurong East/FOC/ Same as Millenia Walk, Go into the car park no problem, coming out wing mirror crash with the barrier, use the entrance to exit, or avoid if you can.

Safra Jurong /Charge

Southern region (Keppel etc)

Vivo City/ Plenty parking lot, $1 for 1st 3hrs, subsequence $1 per hour or part of it.

Central region (Bishan, AMK, TPY etc )

AMK Hub / no sure can park inside or not, usually park at surrounding carpark, coupon parking. If park at MSCP, remember to fold down the antennas.

p/s: please add on if you have any info...

Hi Andre, thanks for the info.:thumb:

Cheers.

I had my first GW when I was 26yrs young...its already 9 yrs since...will get back to ride again if many kakis stick around and enjoy...I gotten more interest when I read this tread...pple here are outmost friendly and of coz..there are many future trip rides to look upon...thats cool...

I'll be back to focus on owning one...no more diverting my attention to BM..follow by planning a trip to BKK...since I'm over at BKK for 3 years..and returning to spore soon...

Sad to leave the Land of Smiles but looking forward to own a Wing back home..

You're lucky man bro, owned a wing when only 26. :thumb:

BTW, if you're planning for BKK trip, do inform us, I'm interested to ride to BKK too.

BTW, if you're planning for BKK trip, do inform us, I'm interested to ride to BKK too.

I am also interested to ride BKK but not into BKK as I may not be able to endure the traffic jam unless we go in at the off peak hours like late in the night or early morning.

Here are the long riding trips that I am planning for Year 2010 and the confirm attendance :)

3 Nation Charity Ride 2010 @ Hatyai 1st - 3rd Oct. We may stay 1 more day.

1. Yaphui_gts

2. Stormchaser

3. Funwheels

4. Andre

Chiang Mai Bike Week @ ChiangMai 3rd - 4th Dec. It will be a 10-15 days trip

1. Yaphui_gts

Edited by yaphui_gts

Singapore Goldwing Owners Group is now in facebook http://www.facebook.com/GoldwingSG

Now own only BMW K1600GT and Ex rider of Honda GL1800, Yam GTS1000, Yam Fazer 1000, Kawa GPZ400 , DukeSS400,Kawa ZXR400....and more to come

www.singapore-gts-club.8m.com

I'm going 3NCR 2010 too.

Might be going for Chiang Mai Bike Week, on the way back, enroute to BKK. :)

The only problem is my gf might not able to ride for such long journey. :(

BTW, yaphui_gts, is your bike no. 8282?

I'm going 3NCR 2010 too.

Might be going for Chiang Mai Bike Week, on the way back, enroute to BKK. :)

The only problem is my gf might not able to ride for such long journey. :(

BTW, yaphui_gts, is your bike no. 8282?

Hi Andre,

Yes.. you are correct..

My wife also cannot tahan long journey.. The 3NCR would be a starter for her but riding to Chiangmai should be out for her.

We can arrange and travel together for the Chiang Mai Bike Week.. Can try to enroute to BKK if time permits.

Singapore Goldwing Owners Group is now in facebook http://www.facebook.com/GoldwingSG

Now own only BMW K1600GT and Ex rider of Honda GL1800, Yam GTS1000, Yam Fazer 1000, Kawa GPZ400 , DukeSS400,Kawa ZXR400....and more to come

I am also interested to ride BKK but not into BKK as I may not be able to endure the traffic jam unless we go in at the off peak hours like late in the night or early morning.

Here are the long riding trips that I am planning for Year 2010 and the confirm attendance :)

1. Yaphui_gts

2. Stormchasers

3. Funwheels

1. Yaphui_gts

Mmm......:confused:

I had my first GW when I was 26yrs young...its already 9 yrs since...will get back to ride again if many kakis stick around and enjoy...I gotten more interest when I read this tread...pple here are outmost friendly and of coz..there are many future trip rides to look upon...thats cool...

I'll be back to focus on owning one...no more diverting my attention to BM..follow by planning a trip to BKK...since I'm over at BKK for 3 years..and returning to spore soon...

Sad to leave the Land of Smiles but looking forward to own a Wing back home..

No worries, you still can go back to the Land of Smiles when you get your wing back except that you can only reached LOS in 7.5hrs from Singapore.

You can be our guide plus translator :p when we reached BKK.. Hope you can get your wing before the Chiangmai bike week and we can drop by there

Mmm......:confused:

Dun Mmm.... lah... Just do it... Time for your GW to touch the LOS soil

Hi yeong, "TOCK KONG", I'm glad you enjoy the durian fest.

We got one more coming in S'pore.:thumb:

the 1 more is coming up tomorrow,..............

[/font]果王 之 名种榴櫣

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee215/yeong59/DSCN1079-1.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee215/yeong59/YEONG.jpg

No worries, you still can go back to the Land of Smiles when you get your wing back except that you can only reached LOS in 7.5hrs from Singapore.

You can be our guide plus translator :p when we reached BKK.. Hope you can get your wing before the Chiangmai bike week and we can drop by there

Hi Yaphui,

Surely would very much like to get my wing by then..being a guide around BKK is not a problem for me..as for translator..I'm not that good yet but still can survive...hopefully can convince my wife to go, then there will be no problem speaking Thai at all..

Cheers..

Owned n riden/driven,

Yamaha FZ150, Honda Steed 400, Toyota Starlet, Kawa ZXR400, Honda XR400, Vespa PX150, Honda XRV750, Suzuki GSX750, Honda GL1500, Vespa PX200, Suzuki Minivan, Mazda 323, Daihatsu YRV Turbo, Toyota AE101, Yamaha FJR1300, SYM GTS 200, Volvo S60, BMW R1100RT

Current: Harley Davidson Street Glide :thumb:

Bro respray can cost u about 1k if i'm not wrong

Well if u are really interested we can talk about it. By the way my bike paint work is in good condition.

Hi Bro,

I'm heading back to Spore from 22-27 July..perhaps if have the chance..I may meet up with you to have a look at your wing..provided that its not sold..

Cheers

Owned n riden/driven,

Yamaha FZ150, Honda Steed 400, Toyota Starlet, Kawa ZXR400, Honda XR400, Vespa PX150, Honda XRV750, Suzuki GSX750, Honda GL1500, Vespa PX200, Suzuki Minivan, Mazda 323, Daihatsu YRV Turbo, Toyota AE101, Yamaha FJR1300, SYM GTS 200, Volvo S60, BMW R1100RT

1. Yaphui_gts

2. Stormchaser

3. Funwheels

4. Andre

1. Yaphui_gts

May not be able to go CMBW..10-15 days trip too long for me..(if I get my wing by then) perhaps I stop at BKK or Phitsanulok..

Owned n riden/driven,

Hi Bros,

Can anyone advise on the best route to use from Woodlands Dr 70 to Anson Road during 8.00 - 9.00 am (weekdays)..using the least ERP gantry..

Sorry..coz I have not being riding or driving in Spore for the past 3 years..I dont know how many ERP gantries I must pass...

Thanks for your contribution..

Owned n riden/driven,

Sure Andre,

The more the merrier...

Owned n riden/driven,

Update the list some of the GW on sales,

GL 1500 for sales

1)97, candy red, jojo124, tel:97816448

2)94, white, LCEE, tel:93512992, $8600

3)98, silver, funwheels, tel:9793 1110, $12800

4)?? , black, aboh, email: [email protected] (owner station oversea, forgot which year is the bike)

5)97, black, Aris, tel:97128714

6)97, white, jerry6627, 1 Kaki Bukit Ave 6 #02-65 ( AutoBay@KakiBukit ), $11k. (saw the ad in this forum, think it still available, still see the bike parking at Autobay)

7)00, candy red, mine :), tel: 82038006, $14800

8)96, white, tel:90678582 (very low mileage) $12K,

GL 1800 for sales

1)04, red, Mr. Tan, tel:84313335, $28K (SOLD on 11/6/10)

2)07, silver, Jack @ 90548186 or +60122951814, $39k (Sales withdrew)

3)05, maroon, tel:97848747, 28k, (ad in SBF, not sure still availble or not)

4)05, silver, 30k (didn't get the owner tel, will get it if see him next time)

5)04, white, 30K (PM me if interested, I'll inform the owner)

Most of the price listed above are negotiable, call the owner and neg with them.

Like I said before, the bike might be same year same model but difference in prices could be more then 3k, it depends very much on the condition, equipment and accessories level.

Below bikes, might want to sell, will post the price and tel if owner confirmed selling.

1)02, silver, mine :cheeky: 23k once my CFO approved for new ride. :angel:

2)09 GL 1800 Euro, silver,

3)07 GL 1800 Euro, maroon,

4)02 GL 1800 A2, silver,

Think I need to call many GL1500 owners to view their wings...will be confused by then..sigh!

Owned n riden/driven,

Hi Bros,

Can anyone advise on the best route to use from Woodlands Dr 70 to Anson Road during 8.00 - 9.00 am (weekdays)..using the least ERP gantry..

Sorry..coz I have not being riding or driving in Spore for the past 3 years..I dont know how many ERP gantries I must pass...

Thanks for your contribution..

If I am staying at woodlands and want to avoid all the ERP except the city ERP, this will be my route

1. SLE towards CTE

2. SLE exit to TPE

3. TPE exit to KPE

4. Exit at Nicoll Highway exit

5. Hit Nicoll highway ERP

6. Go straight and filter right after MAS building

7. You had reached your destination 20 Anson

May not be able to go CMBW..10-15 days trip too long for me..(if I get my wing by then) perhaps I stop at BKK or Phitsanulok..

Ok. No problem.. Just enjoy the ride up.. When we are back, I can show you photos @ CMBK.. It will be a pleasant cool ride at CM

Think I need to call many GL1500 owners to view their wings...will be confused by then..sigh!

Just go and view all the bikes, short list those you're interested, then negotiate with the owners to match your budget.

The most important thing is the condition of the engine. As you're planning for a long trip, make sure the machine will not fail you during the trip. :)

Hi Bro,

I'm heading back to Spore from 22-27 July..perhaps if have the chance..I may meet up with you to have a look at your wing..provided that its not sold..

Cheers

No problem bro just give us a call n we can meet up n u have a few to choose bro. Thanks:cheers:

Dun Mmm.... lah... Just do it... Time for your GW to touch the LOS soil

Hi yaphui, "Just Do It", I will try my very best.

By then, hope my new project with Captain Chow will go through.:thumb:

And, that the way ahah, ahah, I like it.:angel:

the 1 more is coming up tomorrow,..............

[/font]果王 之 名种榴櫣

Tonight, the Chinese vesion will be like this, Durain, durain, durain.

Hey, not the angmo one, Duran Duran.:cheeky: