SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Tzm or Nsr??

sashin

hey guys, i need some info on yamaha tzm n honda nsr...am lookin at these 2 bikes as my 1st bike...it'll be really helpful if i get details on the pros n cons of these 2 bikes n where r the shops which i can find gd ones??...thx a bunch..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can try looking at republic motors at Kaki bukit.....but for first bike, i would suggest TW200...personal choice though

Previous Drive : Hyundai H100, Subaru 1.6TS, Chery T11 1.6M

Current Drive : 2012 Kia Soul 1.6A

Previous Ride : Yamaha TW200, Honda VT400S, HD XL1200C, Kawa Versys 1000

Current Ride : 2016 BMW GS 1200 Adventure

Dream Ride : Harley Davidson Road King Classic

Dream Drive : Land Rover Defender 110 / Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

alot of ppl are also recommendin me the r15..guess it must be gd if alot of ppl r suggestin it..cbr is alrite..but if im not wrong the pick up is kinda slow n it has small fairings which seem abit odd to me..cheers 4 the suggestion..

I recommend R15 but if you insist on 2 strokers, I'd go with Tzm, do take note of their narrow powerbands, handling and maintenance.

standard tzm powerband are not that narrow and will leave behind r15 anyday.

the handling is good.

maintanence is just good 2t and regular power valve service.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4931040347_0bda87b07d_b.jpg

Are u a savvy type of bo chap type??(money-wise)

IF savvy, i suggest NSR cuz the the machine quality is better, meaning the wear and tear last longer than that of a tzm.

if bo chap type, then u shud choose TZM. though the parts are cheaper, its life span of wear and tear is also shorter.

if neither, i suggest a decent 4-stroke for you..fz-16:cool: (cool bike!) personal opinion though..

But come to think of it, its the condition of the bike on the point of sale that u shud be weary about..its sheer luck if u get a good one cuz both NSR and TZM are OLD production bikes.

Neway,, gd luck in your choosing for your 1st bike..:cheers:

TZM '05 -'10

Firstly, the people that says or comment that, do they own or owned the bike?

look bro, if u have interest in that particular bike, then by all means, go get it..unless u wud want to regret not owning the bike of your interest..

put it this way,..lets say u bought a spark 135,..u are riding and stop for a red light and then your dream bike stops beside you(NSR or TZM) and you start having this feeling of regret like 'damn, that's the bike i always wanted'..then u will start to feel uneasy with u ride..u get wat i mean?

im not influencing u to get a NSR or TZM, i juz want u to really think hard n also follow your heart.."are u willing to take care of ur "baby" once u own it?"

ask urself bro.. CHeerS!!!

TZM '05 -'10

gd example bro..thx..n have u rode tzm b4?? could u fill me in on the maintenance n weather is it a gd bike?? need to know as much info as possible b4 makin up my mind...cheers

You'll be reminded over and over again that these are old bikes, depending on the previous owner, its either very few things or alot of things.

Maintenance like they say, service your powervalve often, use good 2t, but since you'll might get a lemon, alot of things might go wrong like mine, I suay get not so good bike plus accident, my headache multiplied. You can say its quite a high maintenance bike, on the contrary, I think its higher maintenance than SP simply because its older than SP though JB makes that point moot.

Performance wise, even a crappy one, as long can run can leave an R15 behind, unless your powervalve stops working, its that important. Tip top conditioned ones, subject to debate, no point comparing TZM and SP actually.

You can opt for premix or 2t pump, for beginner I think 2t pump is better, more convenient.

Ride what you like, I still think you should go 4Ts unless you have a passion for 2Ts.

n have u rode tzm b4?? could u fill me in on the maintenance n weather is it a gd bike??

Yup, rode it for 5 years till the day its COE ends...

fill u in about the maintenance, IMPORTANT factors are the power valve(PV) shaft,PV oil seal,PV cable setting,PV mechanism(blackbox below the tank)...this are the crucial parts that makes YAMAHA differs from other brands...since the PV set-up is external,hence making it a 'devil' bike, it also create hassle for the owner to often check and service the PV parts..

this is as much as i know..there maybe other factors which i dont know of..ask around..

TZM '05 -'10

Yup, rode it for 5 years till the day its COE ends...

fill u in about the maintenance, IMPORTANT factors are the power valve(PV) shaft,PV oil seal,PV cable setting,PV mechanism(blackbox below the tank)...this are the crucial parts that makes YAMAHA differs from other brands...since the PV set-up is external,hence making it a 'devil' bike, it also create hassle for the owner to often check and service the PV parts..

this is as much as i know..there maybe other factors which i dont know of..ask around..

Wah 5yr COE, sad leh.

Guest IceLkipz
alot of ppl are also recommendin me the r15..guess it must be gd if alot of ppl r suggestin it..cbr is alrite..but if im not wrong the pick up is kinda slow n it has small fairings which seem abit odd to me..cheers 4 the suggestion..

If u want speed,go for any 2 Stroke bikes. TZM,KRR are the best. If u want comfort and fast,go for R15 cos its 4 stroke. Never compare 2 stroke and 4 stroke. Only those with experience knows what i meant.

yeah... but i need to know abit more bout the maintenace on tzm b4 makin up my mind..if its gonna be too ex tat i could have bought n aprilia, than i'd rather get the sp or krr

Aprilia will be worse than your Jap 2 strokes in terms of reliability and availability of spares.