• Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

• Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Is 400cc bikes necessary in Singapore?

I'm a new rider and I wonder does a 400cc bike necessary for the road in Singapore? As you know Singapore's road are quite limited and faces lots of traffic light pretty quick. My friend had advised me that a Class 2A bike will be safer than class 2B, sounds logical tho.

Class 2A ranged from up to 400cc bikes, do you guys suggest 400cc is enough or any other options? My preference are just for commuting in Singapore. Mostly riding back home when there's no more local transport available.

Any bikes you guys will recommend for a good value with good maintenance?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any bikes you guys will recommend for a good value with good maintenance?

I was from the period of time years ago where bikes and bikers were many, many gave positive reviews about the Honda Super 4. It's a reliable workhorse and many shops can do efficient maintenance on it. Great for short distances and even long ones up to Malaysia.

I'm a new rider and I wonder does a 400cc bike necessary for the road in Singapore?

It's not a strong necessity in my opinion, but is a good plus. Or if you're itching to try something with slightly more power then yeah, if you'd like. All depends on the individual.

But one thing is probably evident, it takes harder effort for bikes with smaller brake horsepower (BHP) to keep up with traffic. It's not about license Classes anymore, it's about type of bike:

2B sportsbike - sportsbikes are engineered to rev high to gather pickup - this surge of power good for racetracks - that you can use, probably able to keep up with your usual car drivers or traffic.

2B kupchai - it's light and I notice if people ram the throttle it can keep up with cruising traffic

2B motard/dirt bike - its long rectangular piston designed for quick spurts of power for climbing/jumping steep obstacles - this you can try to match that of a sportbike in terms of pickup. Refer abovementioned

2B leisure street or scooters - not sure but I do see them keep left and probably want to carry a leisurely speed while everything passes them by.

So it depends on you: are you a spirited rider, or just a leisurely one.

* you'll be surprised sometimes 2B sportsbikes can sometimes outrun 2A road-posture bikes in some areas. Hence its not about bike class nowadays.

Hope this helps in your decision

Edited by redbeacon

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

• 2 months later...