SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF X9 Cafe 2008 - Amalfi/Evo

Solaris10

My X9 recently got a problem, when the speed is increasing, the RPM will fluctuate from between 5000RPM to 7000RPM and the bike will start to vibrate as if there were not enough fuel feed to the bike, but when you try to increase the throttle, the RPM went smooth but not everytime can success.

yesterday the problem comes again and this time the bike fluctuate from between 5000RPM to 7000RPM and finally comes to a stop (broke down). The bike was tow to the bike shop and the CDI was replaced due no power(voltage) was found transmitting from the CDi, i replaced the belt, speed clutch as well which costs me total arnd $6XX. unfortunately the problem comes back again on my way home, the bike drag badly on the road , it was like a drunk X9. really need some advise here, anyone can help?

I did have a few friend havin same problem as well cost more than $800++ to repair, wat can we say? just unlucky. Few things broke down at the same time :giddy: Maybe you should go back to the shop for a check up.

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

There is no use in friendship with an ungrateful person.

Anger comes as a result of intolerance.

One who can maintain peace of mind is happy.

Happy is he who killed his own anger.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the clutch pad is finishing (getting thinner and thinner) soon..what are the damages that will likely cause to the other parts or to the bike?? :giddy:

anyone knows?

ride safe today,ride again tomorrow

The grey plastic can be restored to almost new condition using engine oil. No need to replace! If u wan better quality, can use the Maxima SC1. The plastic on my 3 yrs old Evo still look very new by applying the SC1. :thumb:

Dont mind can explain more on this? steps for eg. I need to do something to my bike too. THX alot.

2006-2009 X9 EVO 200

2009-???? Yamaha X1R

:gun:

hmm...at least got one that works for you,mine revtec just like what u experience with yr broquet. Currently considering trying out the broquet.

I wonder are auto scooters especially X9 are sensitive to all these stuff either none actually works or we are unable to experience drastic changes after installing them....:giddy:

The best way of improving your FC is ride slow and steady :)

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

Hi guys.... i'm getting my X9 next Mon... its my 1st time going for a scooter, really excited... had been riding phantom for more than a year, getting my 2A soon too...

will like to join scooter outings to learn more and to understand more about my new evo... really noe nuts about scootering, wanted an auto and comfy bike so i chose x9... will like to learn from the more experienced people here about the common trouble shooting and servicing dat i can do myself...

do contact me if there's any outing...

love x9!

cheers and thanks!

melvin (92967895)

welcome welcome :)

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

Thanks Kenny for helping me to get my X9 back alive.. haha.Also not forgetting Ah Cong for replacing the battery and checks on my recharging system. Thanks again! :cheeky:

you are welcome, we help which another :)

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

dear adr82 and horizoner, PMed u peeps on the riding... check it out yeah!

:cheer:

no pro bro! replied back! btw i might be taking the amalfi earlier lor. but will on u for the orientation ride! horizoner will be our orientator ! :)

Dont mind can explain more on this? steps for eg. I need to do something to my bike too. THX alot.

Materials u need

- thick Sponge

- clean engine oil (cheap one will do)

- glove (if u don't wan to stain your hand)

Steps

- pour EO into a tray

- dap the sponge with thin layer of EO

- apply the EO to the grey fairing in circular motion with slight pressure.

It might take several coating to restore the shine.

Disadvantage of using EO -> Do not last in heavy rain. Maxima SC1 can last slightly better in rain. Can be bought from Mustafa. :thumb:

Selling my

- X9 Evo Winter Windshield

Feb 2004 - Sep 2004: TA 150

Sep 2004 - V Day 2009: X9 Evo

Jun 2008 - ~~~~~ : Fit GD 1.3 A

If the clutch pad is finishing (getting thinner and thinner) soon..what are the damages that will likely cause to the other parts or to the bike?? :giddy:

anyone knows?

no one knows?? :giddy:

no one knows?? :giddy:

quite hard to imagine the clutch pad finishing ... :cheeky:

Selling my

it is like the bike is choking? u might wan to check your fuel line. B4 my fuel line broke, i had this fluctuating RPM problem too.

the original fuel line will harden after some time and need to be replaced

this is only one of the possibilities ... good luck :) try not to let motordiam change this and that for u ... and u become their carrot.

Selling my

Can someone here help ME!! funny thing is my X9 amalfi, the bike is only 4 yrs old, im e second owner. bought it at GHC.the screw to the gasket on the right where the exhaust is broken inside.. went for rethreading at another shop.. they done a good job but now e bottom screw have come out.. now cant screw back. first time i went there for this problem GHC told me have to pay 350 so will change the engine gasket.. quite ex. can someone tell me how come e screw can broke. anyway can help me... bro horizoner where can get this maxima n how much?:giddy: :giddy:

Hi mattbrock,

I got mine from Mustafa. can't remember the exact price liao ... more than $10 and less than $20.

Can someone here help ME!! funny thing is my X9 amalfi, the bike is only 4 yrs old, im e second owner. bought it at GHC.the screw to the gasket on the right where the exhaust is broken inside.. went for rethreading at another shop.. they done a good job but now e bottom screw have come out.. now cant screw back. first time i went there for this problem GHC told me have to pay 350 so will change the engine gasket.. quite ex. can someone tell me how come e screw can broke. anyway can help me... bro horizoner where can get this maxima n how much?:giddy: :giddy:

Selling my

Just went to change fork oil and seal for my EVO 250.

The mechanic got the EVO 250 seal, based on the parts manual.

Unfortunately the parts don't match. *Seal diameter slightly bigger.

He then replaced it with the EVO 200 seal and it fits.

I'm wondering.... did Piaggio use the smaller 200 fork for the EVO 250?

Or both the fork size are supposed to be the same, i.e. diameter 35 thus the manual actually has wrong info?

Comments?

11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot

7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran

17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)

30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride

8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son

http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/

it is like the bike is choking? u might wan to check your fuel line. B4 my fuel line broke, i had this fluctuating RPM problem too.

the original fuel line will harden after some time and need to be replaced

this is only one of the possibilities ... good luck :) try not to let motordiam change this and that for u ... and u become their carrot.

Thks for the advice !

hi..any1 can advise? just became an x9 rider 3 mths back...but problems problems...coolant pump faulty...temp can go up to red zone...but the temp stated on LCD meter is onli 28 degrees...

but replace the coolant pump..so ex...only one casing?! cost so ex?

ok...anyway..things was goin on fine...a week later while starting my bike, i heard a loud noisy like something jammed up..nt sure of wad it is...but after that the coolant was nt werking again..shot up to red zone and the coolant water on the right handside overflow and splash onto my jeans while riding on the road...like my bike was flooded..****...being so annoyed by this...advise any1?

hi..any1 can advise? just became an x9 rider 3 mths back...but problems problems...coolant pump faulty...temp can go up to red zone...but the temp stated on LCD meter is onli 28 degrees...

what i know is that the temp stated on LCD meter is not telling you hot yr bike is but rather the temp of the surrounding. :angel:

quite hard to imagine the clutch pad finishing ... :cheeky:

i've seen my present original clutch pad..much thinner that the new ones but not original one but those polini clutch.

Can someone here help ME!! funny thing is my X9 amalfi, the bike is only 4 yrs old, im e second owner. bought it at GHC.the screw to the gasket on the right where the exhaust is broken inside.. went for rethreading at another shop.. they done a good job but now e bottom screw have come out.. now cant screw back. first time i went there for this problem GHC told me have to pay 350 so will change the engine gasket.. quite ex. can someone tell me how come e screw can broke. anyone can help me:giddy: :giddy:

but after that the coolant was nt werking again..shot up to red zone and the coolant water on the right handside overflow and splash onto my jeans while riding on the road...like my bike was flooded..****...being so annoyed by this...advise any1?

I don't think it will splash again. reason being the coolant is too full and boiling thus spilling out. I've got my hand scalded b4. If its the correct lvl think it should be no prob. as for heating prob maybe others can advised?

2006-2009 X9 EVO 200

2009-???? Yamaha X1R

:gun: