Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

yamaha dragstar


Recommended Posts

eh ... maybe b4 u do all these... pls consult ANDY for permission if U going to mass order and make the shirt.

 

would be nice if U could redesign the new shirt for Cruiser instead...

 

Singaporebikes.Com

---- Cruiser Team ---

 

maybe a polo shirt design would look better and smart ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by optimus880@Aug 6 2004, 08:06 AM

[SIZE=7]yamaha dragsters[/size]

 

optimus880 - dragstar classic

alvinwan - dragstar classic

anakjawa - dragstar classic

bluegrazer - dragstar classic

heng soon - dragstar classic

xanc - dragstar custom

corners - dragstar custom

Hi anyone knows how to reduce a dragstars drag at 5 gear? Apart from holding the clutch. Thanks heaps

Previous rides

Bikes:Magna125,Dragstar400, Sym2,CBRRW919:thumb:,ZX11:YZF-R1

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Corners@Sep 17 2004, 05:03 AM

Hi anyone knows how to reduce a dragstars drag at 5 gear? Apart from holding the clutch. Thanks heaps

Be more specific with your qns. I assumed you are talking about less draggie or less stress on your 5th gear when riding. This is wat you can do.

 

1) If you are using stock air filter, try changing it to a washable one as they provide more air intake which help to smoothen your ride. (eg. K&N air filter)

 

2) Change your sprockets for your front (more teeths) and rear (less teeths), this ratio helps to increase your top speed and lower your pickup rate but it help to smoothen your ride as well. Great for long distance travelling.

 

3) Check your front and back tire air pressure, they might be a little bit on the low side which cos your feel on heavy and draggie. This is something which I m often forgotten.

 

4) Check your gears space if there is any possibilities to add a 6th gear, some bike is able to do that. This will sure to help with your stress feeling on the 5th gear.

 

5) Change your displacement. More power output is achieved and thus draggie feeling will be ceased at the same speed you used to feel draggie before.

 

6) Finally, did you change your engine oil as least once every 3000km?

 

:goodluck:

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by GoOvi@Sep 16 2004, 04:43 PM

eh ... maybe b4 u do all these... pls consult ANDY for permission if U going to mass order and make the shirt.

 

would be nice if U could redesign the new shirt for Cruiser instead...

 

Singaporebikes.Com

---- Cruiser Team ---

 

maybe a polo shirt design would look better and smart ....

Other than seeking Andy or Dawn for issues on the T-shirt, I would advise you guys to check with Isaac as well as he is after all the mod and leader for our Kruzers team or even Jocelyne as it is more polite to do so.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by nights@Sep 17 2004, 08:35 AM

Be more specific with your qns. I assumed you are talking about less draggie or less stress on your 5th gear when riding. This is wat you can do.

 

1) If you are using stock air filter, try changing it to a washable one as they provide more air intake which help to smoothen your ride. (eg. K&N air filter)

 

2) Change your sprockets for your front (more teeths) and rear (less teeths), this ratio helps to increase your top speed and lower your pickup rate but it help to smoothen your ride as well. Great for long distance travelling.

 

3) Check your front and back tire air pressure, they might be a little bit on the low side which cos your feel on heavy and draggie. This is something which I m often forgotten.

 

4) Check your gears space if there is any possibilities to add a 6th gear, some bike is able to do that. This will sure to help with your stress feeling on the 5th gear.

 

5) Change your displacement. More power output is achieved and thus draggie feeling will be ceased at the same speed you used to feel draggie before.

 

6) Finally, did you change your engine oil as least once every 3000km?

 

:goodluck:

excuse me mr night ..:smile: how to chnage sprockets leh .. we are draggiestar leh .. use shaft one :cheeky:

SPIRIT OF DRAGSTAR

 

My Blogspot

Warcraft 3 Singapore Clan BALA homepage

Warcraft 3 Singapore Clan BALA Forum

My Computer

My Photo Album

 

http://www.geocities.com/sean_toh/signature1.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Dragstar@Sep 17 2004, 08:29 PM

excuse me mr night ..:smile: how to chnage sprockets leh .. we are draggiestar leh .. use shaft one :cheeky:

Oh pai seh. Forgot that Dragstar is running on shaft, pls pardon me. :sweat:

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by GoOvi@Sep 16 2004, 04:43 PM

eh ... maybe b4 u do all these... pls consult ANDY for permission if U going to mass order and make the shirt.

 

would be nice if U could redesign the new shirt for Cruiser instead...

 

Singaporebikes.Com

---- Cruiser Team ---

 

maybe a polo shirt design would look better and smart ....

dun think we r able to mass order leh. not many dragstar riders around on the forum. then how? still need to inform mah??

NEVER ride faster than your guardian angel can FLY!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by necrosis@Sep 18 2004, 07:04 PM

Hi optimus. If the tee do make it to production, count me in k! I want two pcs.

EX draggy classic rider here. sold bike 6months ago for 7k. FU

 

Hope Isaac and gang A sai lah etc.. still remember me. :cheeky:

Excellent choice excellent bike! :thumb:

sure, but currently, i am still looking at wat the response is like. cos, if too little people, the cost will be high, in turn, the tees will be more costly to produce.

 

however, if the repsonse is good, i will let u guys know

NEVER ride faster than your guardian angel can FLY!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by nights@Sep 17 2004, 08:35 AM

Be more specific with your qns. I assumed you are talking about less draggie or less stress on your 5th gear when riding. This is wat you can do.

 

1) If you are using stock air filter, try changing it to a washable one as they provide more air intake which help to smoothen your ride. (eg. K&N air filter)

 

2) Change your sprockets for your front (more teeths) and rear (less teeths), this ratio helps to increase your top speed and lower your pickup rate but it help to smoothen your ride as well. Great for long distance travelling.

 

3) Check your front and back tire air pressure, they might be a little bit on the low side which cos your feel on heavy and draggie. This is something which I m often forgotten.

 

4) Check your gears space if there is any possibilities to add a 6th gear, some bike is able to do that. This will sure to help with your stress feeling on the 5th gear.

 

5) Change your displacement. More power output is achieved and thus draggie feeling will be ceased at the same speed you used to feel draggie before.

 

6) Finally, did you change your engine oil as least once every 3000km?

 

:goodluck:

Wah Nights, Thanks for the detailed guidance, that would solve my problem. Yeah question was not very specific, what I meant was the feeling on fifth gear is like when you hit about 120km/h and release the throttle the bike slows down feel like it's on auto brake! should it drop speed so fast.? Good thing is I do not have to brake when I reach corners but it does consume more fuel to keep up the speed I think. Ultimately this bike is cool but it gets very hot under the legs when travelling long distance. Anyone knows the perfect speed for cooling and riding? Like a speed where it cools efficiently?

 

Thanks mates

Previous rides

Bikes:Magna125,Dragstar400, Sym2,CBRRW919:thumb:,ZX11:YZF-R1

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Corners@Sep 19 2004, 04:14 AM

Wah Nights, Thanks for the detailed guidance, that would solve my problem. Yeah question was not very specific, what I meant was the feeling on fifth gear is like when you hit about 120km/h and release the throttle the bike slows down feel like it's on auto brake! should it drop speed so fast.? Good thing is I do not have to brake when I reach corners but it does consume more fuel to keep up the speed I think. Ultimately this bike is cool but it gets very hot under the legs when travelling long distance. Anyone knows the perfect speed for cooling and riding? Like a speed where it cools efficiently?

 

Thanks mates

Your description sound just like a engine brake to me which will only occur if gear is lower. Another possibilities would be your clutch plates which might have worn out which is why the griping is not there and thus speed drop fast than normal and yes a worn out clutch plates will of course contribute to more petrol consumption as end of the day, the griping is not there and thus you will be actually stressing the engine to do 130km/h while it is showing only 120km/h on your speedo.

 

Dragstar is basically air cooled & oil cooled thus if you feel that it is too hot for a certain riding condition, I would strongly suggested you to change your engine oil to a better grade and higher density so that the cooling effect is max. achieved. Good engine oil (eg. 20w50) is necessary for old age bike.

 

:goodluck:

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest fantovic
Originally posted by optimus880@Sep 18 2004, 08:38 PM

sure, but currently, i am still looking at wat the response is like. cos, if too little people, the cost will be high, in turn, the tees will be more costly to produce.

 

however, if the repsonse is good, i will let u guys know

i think normally min order is 50pcs... so a little difficult as i dont think there are so many draggies here... cost will be very high..

 

and just a little comment...why cruiser always must have that "flaming" thingy?? :confused: haha.. for gals not very suitable leh...

 

btw, any Dragstarians changed their handlebars to straight ones?? can give an estimate of cost?

 

How about disc brake.. mine is FP and front disc brake is uneven since purchase half yr ago.. checked out Gerry Looi and was quoted $280/-. any one bought part from Yahama part agent? how much was it?

 

thanks a lot!!:cheer:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by fantovic@Sep 19 2004, 05:47 PM

i think normally min order is 50pcs... so a little difficult as i dont think there are so many draggies here... cost will be very high..

 

and just a little comment...why cruiser always must have that "flaming" thingy?? :confused: haha.. for gals not very suitable leh...

 

btw, any Dragstarians changed their handlebars to straight ones?? can give an estimate of cost?

 

How about disc brake.. mine is FP and front disc brake is uneven since purchase half yr ago.. checked out Gerry Looi and was quoted $280/-. any one bought part from Yahama part agent? how much was it?

 

thanks a lot!!:cheer:

my dragstar handle bar changed to shadow classic de. now veri wide, i like.

 

muhahahaha

NEVER ride faster than your guardian angel can FLY!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by fantovic@Sep 19 2004, 05:47 PM

i think normally min order is 50pcs... so a little difficult as i dont think there are so many draggies here... cost will be very high..

 

and just a little comment...why cruiser always must have that "flaming" thingy?? :confused: haha.. for gals not very suitable leh...

 

btw, any Dragstarians changed their handlebars to straight ones?? can give an estimate of cost?

 

How about disc brake.. mine is FP and front disc brake is uneven since purchase half yr ago.. checked out Gerry Looi and was quoted $280/-. any one bought part from Yahama part agent? how much was it?

 

thanks a lot!!:cheer:

hey, i tot u ride shadow?

SPIRIT OF DRAGSTAR

 

My Blogspot

Warcraft 3 Singapore Clan BALA homepage

Warcraft 3 Singapore Clan BALA Forum

My Computer

My Photo Album

 

http://www.geocities.com/sean_toh/signature1.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by xanc@Sep 19 2004, 06:10 PM

i changed mine to a fatboy-wannabe bar..

and the handling is better i muz say..

except for the fact tat turning angle is way wider..

hey xanc, wanna to know about the history a bit ... do u have any idea how the scratch on the pipe come from ? is quite deep but not spread .. looks like not fall down .. i just wonder...

SPIRIT OF DRAGSTAR

 

My Blogspot

Warcraft 3 Singapore Clan BALA homepage

Warcraft 3 Singapore Clan BALA Forum

My Computer

My Photo Album

 

http://www.geocities.com/sean_toh/signature1.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Shell BAU_Motorcycle_Version 1_SingaporeBikes Banner_300x250 (static).jpg

×
×
  • Create New...