SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NC700X

kmjoe

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/kmjoe/nc7xwall_zps54d33445.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/kmjoe/mnc7x2012a_z.jpg

NC700X

Overall verdict from MCN: 4 out of 5stars

The idea of a cheap, capable bike that offers more in terms of style and versatility than a basic commuter is a good one. Being able to stash a helmet turns 'good' into practical brilliance. Affordability and ease of use is what the NC700X is all about with bags of comfort, stability, an agile chassis and a simple engine with an 8000-mile service schedule. This is probably the easiest motorcycle available today to get on and just ride.

Specs:

Engine Type Liquid-cooled parallel-twin

Displacement 670 cc

Bore & Stroke 73 x 80 mm

Compression Ratio 10.7:1

Valve Train Chain driven SOHC, 4 valves per cylinder

Fuel Delivery PGM-FI electronic fuel injection

Transmission Six-speed

Final Drive O-ring sealed chain

Front Suspension 41mm telescopic fork; 153.5 mm (6 in.)travel

Rear Suspension Single shock, Pro-Link swingarm; 150 mm (5.9 in.) travel

Tires 120/70ZR - 17 radial front; 160/60ZR - 17 radial rear

Brakes Front 320 mm wave disc with triple-piston caliper; rear 240 mm wave disc with single-piston caliper. Combined Braking System with ABS

Seat Height 830 mm (32.7 in.)

Wheelbase 1,540 mm (60.6 in.)

Curb Weight 218 kg (480 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride

Fuel Capacity 14.1 litres

Avg Fuel Consumption: 28-33km/l

Avg Top speed: 180km/h

NC750X

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/kmjoe/pct-equip02_zpsc7fdab19.jpg

The addition of an extra 75cc, more power and torque, twin balancer shafts, new exhaust muffler and taller gearing improving acceleration and torque – plus a host of detail upgrades including ABS now fitted as standard, and revised software for the optional DCT gearbox – further improve one of the most cost-effective and all-round useful motorcycles available.

Specs:

Engine: Liquid-cooled, four-stroke, 8-valve SOHC Parallel-Twin - 745cc

Bore x Stroke: 77 x 80mm

Compression Ratio: 10.7:1

Fueling: PGM-FI Electronic Fuel Injection

Clutch: MT - Wet, multiplate; DCT - Wet, multiplate 2-clutch

Transmission: Six-speed

Final Drive: Chain

Frame: Steel diamond frame

Front Suspension: 41mm telescopic fork

Rear Suspension: Pro-Link swingarm, monoshock damper

Front Brake: 320mm disc with two-piston caliper

Rear Brake: 240mm disc with single-piston caliper

Length: 87 in

Width: 33 in

Height: 50.6 in

Seat Height: 32.6 in

NC750X review:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/kmjoe/bannerwhite5_zpsawas7amx.png

Do join our Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/sgncriders/

or

Search: "Singapore NC700 Group"

all NC700/750 series welcomed!

Edited by kmjoe
  • Like 1

Feedback from the NC700X/S owners:

"Fuel efficient (31km/L), sufficient power for light touring, comfortable upright position, safe and stable big bike with ABS, cheap on maintenance, cool enduro look, convenient front compartment, smooth engine, doesn't get hot even at long low speed cruising."

"For people considering buying the NC700 series, DCT should be a big appeal if you are looking for an easy time on the bike.

The low CG and well-balanced design already makes this bike easy for beginners and people returning to biking after a long time. DCT just makes it even more noob-proof. LOL.

Once you had the DCT in your sights, I guess its only a matter of choice between the XD or the Integra. Or if you are willing to wait that long, the CTX700.

Given my weak ankle, I'm done with the whole gear-shifting thing on a bike.

This new DCT 2.0 is just perfect for my commuting needs."

"I did my sums. The savings in petrol bills would probably pay off 1/2 the bike's purchase price over the next 10 years. Ride it another 10 years and the bike's practically free. LOL!"

"Which bike in the market now, can ride comfortably at 105km/hr on expressways and still fetch 30km/L... Almost next to none vibrations on the handle bars... You can hear your gf talking to you while riding... Store a helmet and many other things even without a box... Super low maintainence... Comfortable riding position, seats a bit slippery la... But okay la... Budget front forks and rear suspensions... But they do work well... Single disc brakes... I don't ride fast enough to use 2... "

"This bike (at least the DCT model) is especially tuned for people like me:

wants to ride class 2 bikes

don't tour. sg rider.

commute. (workhorse to and from work)

want good fuel consumption to be an affordable mode of transport

need enough power to get out of sticky situations. dont need racing kinda acceleration, nor touring kinda top end.

difficulty with stiff clutches due to some old injuries.

appreciate the choice of auto or "manual"

wants a bike that simply looks GOOD.

basically, to sum it up, it is the PERFECT bike for my current needs.

coming from fz6, this bike is not as "cool" and "aggressive", but i dont have to force myself to get on it when i go for short trips to buy coffee, unlike the fz6. the fz6 is like taking the ferrari to go to the market which is 5km away from your house. damn sian. the nc7 is like hopping into a toyota wish for the same purpose."

a good review from one of our guys:

http://mobilenerdbikes.blogspot.sg/2013/05/honda-nc700x-best-ride-for-singapore.html

WARNING BEFORE BUYING THIS BIKE:

This bike is a parallel twin with only 51HP as compared to a Super 4 Revo with inline 4 and Vtec at 52Hp(or more?). So pls do not have misconception that a 700cc bike would have alot of power.

Edited by kmjoe

Hi bro kmjoe,

It will be good to include the NC700S and NC700 integra in this discussion as all three bikes are similar except for the cosmetic changes.Based on Boon Siew's website, they placed these 3 bikes model as available. Had went down to their showroom which is situated on the 2nd level of their main car showroom. Their location is at 370 Ubi road 3. So far non of the 3 bikes are in town yet.

hi guys i bought the NC700s for 15.2K machine price.. its from boon siew btw.. cz asp and loois quote me a hell lot of diff prices..

the nc 700s series will be in town in late april.. where else the X series will be in town july or a later part of the year...

i usually visit the international nc700 forum.

what i love this bike for is the incredible milage and interval servicing...

"Let them hate provided they fear"

NC700X seat height is 830mm (similar to crossrunner)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]242929[/ATTACH]

NC700S seat height is 790mm (naked version)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]242930[/ATTACH]

VFR800X seat height is 816mm

[ATTACH=CONFIG]242928[/ATTACH]

yea... its weird that the agent's price is cheaper than the dealers... isnt it suppose to be another way around? anyway how do pre ordering works? do we need to give them a deposit first and do boon siew do installments and how is their interest rate?

yea... its weird that the agent's price is cheaper than the dealers... isnt it suppose to be another way around? anyway how do pre ordering works? do we need to give them a deposit first and do boon siew do installments and how is their interest rate?

im not sure hows boon siew interest thing goes about..

i only made a deposit reservation of 2K.. bt do take note when i made reservation in march they only left 2 units of the S series.. which is silver and white color.. im lucky enough to at least reserved the silver color.. for now i think boon siew only left 1 more unit which is in white.. another info that they gave me.. most of the units will be ditributed to other bike shop has already pre ordered for their selling puprposes.. most of the units will come in late april... while the X series wont be in singapore till a later date.. another S series shipment arival will be in july..thats wad according to them..

the reason y i went to boon siew honda agent.. cz of the price diff bike shop gave me..

I think Looi not took the bike from Boon Siew but imported themselves. Currently. Looi have NC700X and Crosstourer (1200cc) on display.

I would like to know the top speed of the NC700X, The FC can be a good tourer but might be lacking in top ;(

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1293/803949831_3325244f73.jpg

I think Looi not took the bike from Boon Siew but imported themselves. Currently. Looi have NC700X and Crosstourer (1200cc) on display.

I would like to know the top speed of the NC700X, The FC can be a good tourer but might be lacking in top ;(

top end yeps true its a lacking.. the rpm only end at 8 .. so cant expect much for this bike..

bt for touring wise.. who needs that to speed..

top seed indicate in the video is 193kmh..

bt all dis while when i go touring i always been at the speed 140-170.. slow and steady.. when im rushing 180 might be a very nice speed and probably after that whole bike will be shaking..

heres the link:

heres the link of the fuel comsumption review.. so far this bike is freaking fuel saver for a 14L bike.. from wad info i gather its in fact true 14L can last u 380-420km full tanx.. better than my fazer 6 or even my spark darn..

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/serfiesa/nc700x

and heres another video showing about that fake tanx... see how many stuff u can squueze inside.. these would be very useful for those who wana bring in extra ciggartes from malaysia or even piles of burger ramly w/o being caught.. juz cover it with a tankbra or tank bag.. and u can go smoothly through customs( fingers croosed still though) hee..

hope dis helps..

Loois have the X series at their showroom??? darn.. how much izit..?? any idea.. will head down loois when im off.. btw boon siew yet to have any display at their showroom..

Yay!!!

Boon Siew is bringing in the Honda NC700X!!

I have benn waiting since last year!

Goo

Current - Honda NC700XD

Previous - Honda Deauville 650 VY

Previous - Honda ST1100

Previous - Honda Super Four Version S

Previous - Honda Phantom TA200

bro..there's a NC700X in Looi's now...

should be self-imported one la...

didn't ask for the price though...

checked the Crosstourer instead...28K machine price!

But the NC700X looks slick...but a little too slick for my size... (size = relatively big)

haha! The feeling of sitting on the NC feels good..but the front makes me feel like i'm riding a small bike...probably becuase of the small meter and narrow fairing... :cheers:

Riding With Passion, Kruzer Club Singapore

www.kruzer.sg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5359/bikeypulaumawar.jpg

bro..there's a NC700X in Looi's now...

should be self-imported one la...

didn't ask for the price though...

checked the Crosstourer instead...28K machine price!

But the NC700X looks slick...but a little too slick for my size... (size = relatively big)

haha! The feeling of sitting on the NC feels good..but the front makes me feel like i'm riding a small bike...probably becuase of the small meter and narrow fairing... :cheers:

i see.. tanxs for the info.. still waiting and waiting for gd news from boon siew..

Loois have the X series at their showroom??? darn.. how much izit..?? any idea.. will head down loois when im off.. btw boon siew yet to have any display at their showroom..

I think Mr. Lee say 18K, but I can't remember OTR or not.. sorry...

And the model is without DCT, so can be 1-2k cheaper.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1293/803949831_3325244f73.jpg

Last weenend went down take a "Seat " liao...

NC700X 19k OTR.

Xtourer as wat beary mentioned.

the 700cc fella turns off with small tank... only 14.7.

Feels damn small and light....

2 up touring should be pretty out of breath...

Xtourer.... PRETTY EXPENSIVE...

both headcowling small small.. jus like S10....

see liao bit off....

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

Last weenend went down take a "Seat " liao...

NC700X 19k OTR.

Xtourer as wat beary mentioned.

the 700cc fella turns off with small tank... only 14.7.

Feels damn small and light....

2 up touring should be pretty out of breath...

Xtourer.... PRETTY EXPENSIVE...

both headcowling small small.. jus like S10....

see liao bit off....

was quoted 19.8k.. for X series... OTR probably because of my age group.. 25 yr old..

14.1L to be exact bt the mileage it can travel is awesome..

and the mileage servicing manual it much better..

so far i dont like the X patter dats y ordered the S series..

loois otr price is 19k, only left black... there wont be any dct model in singapore if i have not mistaken... just bought the last piece from boon siew, machine price only 15k+ sad to say they are only left with black =( i want silver... dont have to worry about just 14L cox its fuel efficient, can go 25-27 km/l... the windshield gotta wait for them to import the touring ones, the stock one isnt really a windshield at all, lol...

loois otr price is 19k, only left black... there wont be any dct model in singapore if i have not mistaken... just bought the last piece from boon siew, machine price only 15k+ sad to say they are only left with black =( i want silver... dont have to worry about just 14L cox its fuel efficient, can go 25-27 km/l... the windshield gotta wait for them to import the touring ones, the stock one isnt really a windshield at all, lol...

hey bro how much does boon siew quote u exactly only for the machine price.. u ordered the X or the S ?? and when is the arrival shipment..

the machine price is only about 15730 after the IU, no. plate, GST, Regn fee and rd tax for 6 mths... it has actually arrived in singapore but now its undergoing some test n inspection, sld be out mid may... i got the last X model, S is sold out alrdy... but the authorized dealers might have them

the machine price is only about 15730 after the IU, no. plate, GST, Regn fee and rd tax for 6 mths... it has actually arrived in singapore but now its undergoing some test n inspection, sld be out mid may... i got the last X model, S is sold out alrdy... but the authorized dealers might have them

boon siew shipment is already in town... waiting to clear inspection and testin...

boon siew shipment is already in town... waiting to clear inspection and testin...