SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Sportsters Riders

jynwee

Wondering if there is a thread to organize for Sportsters folks to trade stuff, sell bike, ask technical issues or even organize outings.

Kinda hard to find outings for sportsters as we are slower and we need to fuel up more often for rides.

See the respond.

1992-1992 KDX200

1992-1993 TZR125

1993-1993 TS125

1994-1995 CBR400 Hurricane

1999-2001 sfera 80

2000-2000 intruder 400

2001-2001 Harley 883h

2003-2003 XR400

2004-2005 Gilera 180SP

2011-2012 Yamaha YB100 Classic

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering if there is a thread to organize for Sportsters folks to trade stuff, sell bike, ask technical issues or even organize outings.

Kinda hard to find outings for sportsters as we are slower and we need to fuel up more often for rides.

See the respond.

Great idea, I would suggest to start a thread with a heading that says "Sporsters Riders". We can have all kind of activity like know how, how to, where to get and etc... all in one thread.

Yeah, but if you're talking harleys... I think us sportsters are the sportiest!!!! (pun intended)

I dunno about top speed... I backed down when i hit 160km/h after every little curve & bump started to make d front wobble (but i scare easily)

But i'm pretty confident that we don't lose out to the big twins in acceleration... Of cos we're not talking about the drag monsters like d vrods & night rods.

Anyone can back me up here?

Anyways sorry about missing the point...

I think its a great idea cos i'm slways looking to trade, buy & sell parts...

Can't stop putting stuff on and taking it off. Heh.

And i havent been out on group rides yet (nothing more than 3bikes anyway)....

But i think it'll be great to ride with other sporties and check out the cool stuff the rest of you have done to your bikes!!!! (i mean forums are all about " poisoning" fellow addicts right?) ;)

Anyways sorry about missing the point...

I think its a great idea cos i'm slways looking to trade, buy & sell parts...

Can't stop putting stuff on and taking it off. Heh.

And i havent been out on group rides yet (nothing more than 3bikes anyway)....

But i think it'll be great to ride with other sporties and check out the cool stuff the rest of you have done to your bikes!!!! (i mean forums are all about " poisoning" fellow addicts right?) ;)

Second that!

Starting a thread like that will only ease our trouble of looking all over the others folders that what may be related to our rides. It makes our life easier too...hahaha. But 1st we need participation in this thread to keep it alive.

Starting a thread like that will only ease our trouble of looking all over the others folders that what may be related to our rides. It makes our life easier too...hahaha. But 1st we need participation in this thread to keep it alive.

Geess.......thumbs up lol

I'm with all of you here......Sporty Sporty Sporty.........!!! Luckily this is up if not i might giving up my sporty, since the 'white ants' are hot on our wheels....ARGHHHH

Shall I suggest that we private msg our contacts to the TS ...so that he or she can arrange any rides, meet and swap, sellin or buying....etc in future.

Regards

Lone Wolf

There is no Copy Right when spreading a Word on safety. :thumb: :thumb:

I'm with all of you here......Sporty Sporty Sporty.........!!! Luckily this is up if not i might giving up my sporty, since the 'white ants' are hot on our wheels....ARGHHHH

Shall I suggest that we private msg our contacts to the TS ...so that he or she can arrange any rides, meet and swap, sellin or buying....etc in future.

Regards

Lone Wolf

Good idea..provided TS has the time to do it.

Regards

Lone Wolf

Good idea..provided TS has the time to do it.

I might not have the time. But I am sure we can discuss and organize. However, i do not want to create a fraction from the other Harley Riders. Except this thread can help newbies like me who do not know that the sportster is faster :p

So lets just keep the thread running and then we can maybe organize our first outing... maybe just a morning ride to JB for Nasi Lemak breakfast and back? Cause I dunno how to cross custom... hahaha

1992-1992 KDX200

1992-1993 TZR125

1993-1993 TS125

1994-1995 CBR400 Hurricane

1999-2001 sfera 80

2000-2000 intruder 400

2001-2001 Harley 883h

2003-2003 XR400

2004-2005 Gilera 180SP

2011-2012 Yamaha YB100 Classic

I might not have the time. But I am sure we can discuss and organize. However, i do not want to create a fraction from the other Harley Riders. Except this thread can help newbies like me who do not know that the sportster is faster :p

So lets just keep the thread running and then we can maybe organize our first outing... maybe just a morning ride to JB for Nasi Lemak breakfast and back? Cause I dunno how to cross custom... hahaha

Dun worry bro!! Everything just needed a first start, it's doesn't matter who start first or take the lead.......!!!

Anyway in my point of view, there's already a invisible fraction for other Harley's riders.....Because there's diff classes, diff models.....etc existed in our community, you might wanna try to participate in a group of roadking, glide or other big twins riders for a long ride up north with your sporty..........i will say you might ended up with disappointment. Correct me if i'm wrong....thanks readers.

i would say honda C70 is fast too...so how do you think??

You dunno how to cross custom..Me too??? How??? hahhahahaha ;P

Dun worry bro!! Everything just needed a first start, it's doesn't matter who start first or take the lead.......!!!

Anyway in my point of view, there's already a invisible fraction for other Harley's riders.....Because there's diff classes, diff models.....etc existed in our community, you might wanna try to participate in a group of roadking, glide or other big twins riders for a long ride up north with your sporty..........i will say you might ended up with disappointment. Correct me if i'm wrong....thanks readers.

i would say honda C70 is fast too...so how do you think??

You dunno how to cross custom..Me too??? How??? hahhahahaha ;P

Let's not be too ambitious.. we can alway start a small gathering in Singapore for a start.. :-)

Kup kia is fast... I no argue with that.

I dunno about factions... I havent been on any group rides yet.

I'm keen on anything...

But i also have phobia about crossing customs... Heard of horror stories of being swarmed by the mosquitobikes. Someone even told me that the bigger big twins even use the car lanes at customs?!?

Kup kia is fast... I no argue with that.

I dunno about factions... I havent been on any group rides yet.

I'm keen on anything...

But i also have phobia about crossing customs... Heard of horror stories of being swarmed by the mosquitobikes. Someone even told me that the bigger big twins even use the car lanes at customs?!?

Hmm.. What do u mean by swarmed by mosquito bikes? Those kup from MY and what will they do?

Me too...I'm scare easy or easy scare too....:)

However, everything has got to be a start right?

Anybody change their tyres yet, can advise on brand and pricing, where to change etc?

My all tyres are super overdued and i start to do sway dancing liao....WHOOO dangerous man!!!

Dunno heard they anyhow squeeze & cut queue... sometimes handle bar scratch or even worse

Maybe ppl just scare me... But it worked, i ain't never thought of going in by myself or small group.

But i scare easy. :)

Me too! Not a fan of JB. Maybe our balls smaller than others so got scare easily..hahaha

Me too...I'm scare easy or easy scare too....:)

However, everything has got to be a start right?

Anybody change their tyres yet, can advise on brand and pricing, where to change etc?

My all tyres are super overdued and i start to do sway dancing liao....WHOOO dangerous man!!!

Wow tats dangerous man, last year Not realizing I was on a deflated tyre and skidded when I I'd a right turn. Left me on crutches almost 2 months. No joke better to change it soon. Btw I'm on Avon tyres...

Wow tats dangerous man, last year Not realizing I was on a deflated tyre and skidded when I I'd a right turn. Left me on crutches almost 2 months. No joke better to change it soon. Btw I'm on Avon tyres...

Avon tyre, yeah heard of it....so how much for front and back?? where you change??

And where you stay bro...care to share?

Avon tyre, yeah heard of it....so how much for front and back?? where you change??

And where you stay bro...care to share?

No sure cause it was changed by the previous owner, but I can check for you. I'm staying in Seletar.