Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Getting a Motorcycle License overseas


Recommended Posts

Hi all!

 

Anyone here decided to get their motorcycle license overseas instead of going the 2B->2A->2 route here? Just curious if you guys can share your experiences, as I feel that it's really hard and expensive to get the license in Singapore (many lessons, costs a lot of money and time, need to pass theory tests with limited validity, PDL, unfriendly driving school instructors). Also Singapore doesn't have an automatic transmission motorcycle license. For me, I am happy to be able to ride a scooter, no need to get a big manual bike at all. I'm sure there are other countries that have easier hoops to jump through to get the license.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes possible. i have friend who have license in australia and malaysia came back and able to convert. but they will only give you class 2b license unless u prove ownership of a >200cc bike for more

On 8/10/2020 at 6:30 PM, Avengelist said:

Hi all!

 

Anyone here decided to get their motorcycle license overseas instead of going the 2B->2A->2 route here? Just curious if you guys can share your experiences, as I feel that it's really hard and expensive to get the license in Singapore (many lessons, costs a lot of money and time, need to pass theory tests with limited validity, PDL, unfriendly driving school instructors). Also Singapore doesn't have an automatic transmission motorcycle license. For me, I am happy to be able to ride a scooter, no need to get a big manual bike at all. I'm sure there are other countries that have easier hoops to jump through to get the license.

yes possible. i have friend who have license in australia and malaysia came back and able to convert. but they will only give you class 2b license unless u prove ownership of a >200cc bike for more than a year or something like that.

if u r going overseas to study, or live part time in malaysia.. u can consider the above methods

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2020 at 7:10 PM, DRZ_b0i said:

yes possible. i have friend who have license in australia and malaysia came back and able to convert. but they will only give you class 2b license unless u prove ownership of a >200cc bike for more than a year or something like that.

if u r going overseas to study, or live part time in malaysia.. u can consider the above methods

Yes, I also had a friend who was studying overseas and he got his car licence there ... when he came back to singapore, he just have to convert it to a local licence, no need to go through the practical test... And Singapore has one of the most (if not the most) toughest / strictest driving tests in the world.

Edited by wishforastar
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, wishforastar said:

Yes, I also had a friend who was studying overseas and he got his car licence there ... when he came back to singapore, he just have to convert it to a local licence, no need to go through the practical test... And Singapore has one of the most (if not the most) toughest / strictest driving tests in the world.

ya but only 2b license right? unless he own big bike before and can proof ownership that is longer than 1 year. btw did he have to do the riding simulator when he convert his license? or just do the theory test?

actually if they have a singapore driving license and a australia motorcycle license, still need to do theory test? cos to have the singapore driving license need to have already pass the theory test

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, DRZ_b0i said:

ya but only 2b license right? unless he own big bike before and can proof ownership that is longer than 1 year. btw did he have to do the riding simulator when he convert his license? or just do the theory test?

actually if they have a singapore driving license and a australia motorcycle license, still need to do theory test? cos to have the singapore driving license need to have already pass the theory test

He got his car licence overseas, not bike licence. But it's a bit strange cos I read the rules again , he should need to take the practical test also cos he is singaporean and staying here to work long term.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Shell BAU_Motorcycle_Version 2_SingaporeBikes Banner_300x250 (static).jpg

×
×
  • Create New...