• Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

hi guys, i just passed my btt today, anyone know how long does SSDC take to update the result onto their system?

or do i need to request TP result slip or smthg and pass to ssdc? i just followed everyone walk out after the test

i even applied for e-PDL, but SSDC site still showing that i have not passed my btt and PDL, hence cannot book for lesson 5

i think it takes about 2 hours for the system to be updated..

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I finally passed and got my 2B licence !

Did the riding simulator recently for Class 2 license, was abit nauseating during first session but instructor gave some tips - plant both feet on the floor instead of on the foot-pegs. I think t

Posted Images

hi guys, i just passed my btt today, anyone know how long does SSDC take to update the result onto their system?

or do i need to request TP result slip or smthg and pass to ssdc? i just followed everyone walk out after the test

i even applied for e-PDL, but SSDC site still showing that i have not passed my btt and PDL, hence cannot book for lesson 5

congrats for passing your btt & gd luck to your L5

i think it takes about 2 hours for the system to be updated..

Took longer than that, i able to make further booking this morning, so i guess they update their system somewhere early morning

congrats for passing your btt & gd luck to your L5

Thanks! Gonna clear my rtt asap. I was stuck for a week plus unable to attend L5 because i didnt plan my btt earlier

Hi everyone,

Went for my Prac 1 today (3rd attempt already), currently doing 3rd/4th gear at outer circuit. During last 30min of the lesson the instructor brought us to this spot just beside crank course, where we were told to move off from stop line, signal left and turn left, enter crank course at 2nd gear, exit crank course and stop at stop line again. However he told us not to use front brake. For my previous 2 lessons I was taught to use both front and rear brakes when coming to complete stop, which I was able to stop smoothly so far. Today when asked to use only rear brakes I wasn't very stable before coming to a complete stop. Wobbled a few times and ended up right leg came down.

Any of you guys experienced this before? And also i would appreciate any tips to prevent wobbling in general. very demoralized alrdy bcos was told to repeat Prac 1 again... macam i suddenly forgot how to ride...

If its any consolation (or further discoragement) i repeated lesson 1 8 times. The instructor told me that if your basics are solid then future lessons would be easier. And in a way he is right since i managed to clear 6 and 7 in 1 attempt.

Yea I also find this 190cc too powerful for class 2B learners. Plus quite heavy and the tank quite wide also leh.. Dry-weight already 140kg.. I've seen female learners who didnt manage to chope the MSX125 and had to use this Cb190R, couldnt even pick the bike up after dropping it. everytime mount and dismount the bike I also feel abit unstable (maybe my legs short la hahaha)

we did highlight to the instructor that day, but he only brushed the both of us off, saying the problem lies in our legs, we dunno the correct technique of upshifting :sian:

In a way he is correct. In US and even Taiwan they are allowed to immediately learn on 400cc and above bikes. As for the CB190 once you got used to it problems like stalling, wobbling etc would go away. I am 1.86m 85kg and able to balance so shorter lighter people should have an easier time.

If its any consolation (or further discoragement) i repeated lesson 1 8 times. The instructor told me that if your basics are solid then future lessons would be easier. And in a way he is right since i managed to clear 6 and 7 in 1 attempt.

Yeah thats true.. it took me 4 attempts to clear Lesson 1. 2nd attempt at Lesson 2 today, finally getting more used to the bike, but still failed. biggest problem for me is pylon, somehow cant grasp the technique to navigate between the cones, always end up going too near them.

Yeah thats true.. it took me 4 attempts to clear Lesson 1. 2nd attempt at Lesson 2 today, finally getting more used to the bike, but still failed. biggest problem for me is pylon, somehow cant grasp the technique to navigate between the cones, always end up going too near them.

Target fixation. Look at where you want to go 2-3 cones ahead not at the cone in front of you.

For me i will throttle alot more before entering the first cone, build up the speed and momentum that enough to bring you thru the first 3 cones (yes, the throttle is close so you can focus more on the handling/navigating), at the last cone open throttle again to meet the 6 secs n below.

For me i will throttle alot more before entering the first cone, build up the speed and momentum that enough to bring you thru the first 3 cones (yes, the throttle is close so you can focus more on the handling/navigating), at the last cone open throttle again to meet the 6 secs n below.

There are many ways to do it. I heard some people can go thru all cones without accelerating at all. Personally i would have a more aggressive approach and accelarate, brake and turn then accelerate, brake turn, repeat until clear. After awhile you will get the feel of doing it really fast. When you brake the bike will want to turn easier but you need to accelerate again in order to prevent the bike from stalling or falling down.

This video shows roughly the technique on setting records for pylon slalom:

Edited by kitsura
  • 2 weeks later...
There are many ways to do it. I heard some people can go thru all cones without accelerating at all. Personally i would have a more aggressive approach and accelarate, brake and turn then accelerate, brake turn, repeat until clear. After awhile you will get the feel of doing it really fast. When you brake the bike will want to turn easier but you need to accelerate again in order to prevent the bike from stalling or falling down.

This video shows roughly the technique on setting records for pylon slalom:

When you move off, you are required to move off straight. Do not move to the right first.

After you have moved off straight, then you move your bike to the right and accelerate in preparation to do the cones.

Look at all 3 cones as a whole, then aim to go in the middle of every two cones. I look at all the cones and think of them as a whole, so after I clear the first two cones, I would react immediately to clear the next two cones and so on.

For Figure of 8 , I tend to increase speed when I enter the curves but I think I might have overdone it cos it feels a bit hard to control as I continue thru the course. I think I should just maintain the speed naturally. I will try in the next revision lesson.

My other issue now is the U turn on the road. I tend to go wide and almost go out of the lane. Just to remind everyone, u need to control the clutch, throttle, handlebar and also lean your body weight slightly to the right as you are turning. My friend who also rides bikes, advised me to open throttle but not to release so much clutch cos the clutch gives the bike forward acceleration. So the clutch should be released just enough for the bike to move and the throttle can be opened more if needed so that overall just enough movement to make the U turn.

Edited by wishforastar
  • 2 weeks later...
When you move off, you are required to move off straight. Do not move to the right first.

After you have moved off straight, then you move your bike to the right and accelerate in preparation to do the cones.

Look at all 3 cones as a whole, then aim to go in the middle of every two cones. I look at all the cones and think of them as a whole, so after I clear the first two cones, I would react immediately to clear the next two cones and so on.

For Figure of 8 , I tend to increase speed when I enter the curves but I think I might have overdone it cos it feels a bit hard to control as I continue thru the course. I think I should just maintain the speed naturally. I will try in the next revision lesson.

My other issue now is the U turn on the road. I tend to go wide and almost go out of the lane. Just to remind everyone, u need to control the clutch, throttle, handlebar and also lean your body weight slightly to the right as you are turning. My friend who also rides bikes, advised me to open throttle but not to release so much clutch cos the clutch gives the bike forward acceleration. So the clutch should be released just enough for the bike to move and the throttle can be opened more if needed so that overall just enough movement to make the U turn.

The instructors always advise to accelerate during straights only. Like accelerate immediate after turning the first left and after clearing the top half of the 8 accelerate again before clearing the bottom half. Just go youtube look for the safety competition videos they can do it very fast.

For u-turn only advice is to practise more, and if you are going too slow try to lean out instead or lean with, it would help. Also turn your head and chin toward the direction you want to go. Basically everything this article says:

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/new-rider/how-to-motorbike-u-turn-easy/

Went for the revision lesson. For Figure 8, I will slow down naturally after making the left turn and control the throttle when entering the curves... then once the speed is fixed, maintain the speed throughout. I think I just managed to make the timing.

For U turn, I still have issue.. still turning wide, I will try to release the clutch less...

Need another lesson or two to practise..

Went for the revision lesson. For Figure 8, I will slow down naturally after making the left turn and control the throttle when entering the curves... then once the speed is fixed, maintain the speed throughout. I think I just managed to make the timing.

For U turn, I still have issue.. still turning wide, I will try to release the clutch less...

For U-turn, you can practise efficiently at the Exit of the Pylon Slalom course then head back towards the Plank course entrance, and U-turn Back in again.

Doing so, you practise Plank, Pylon Slalom and 2x Uturns at once go.

I must have done it at least a hundred times already when I was clearing my 2B.

My Ride History:

[KTM Duke 200] - 2017/06 - 2018/06

[Piaggio MP3 125] - 2017/12 - 2018/07

[suzuki DRZ 400 SM] - 2018/07 - 2019/04

[suzuki Boulevard 400] - 2018/07 - 2019/06

[Honda CB400X] - 2018/10 - 2020/10

[KTM Duke 390] - 2019/07 - 2020/09

[Aprilia Caponord] - 2020/10-

If speed too fast just step on foot brake to slow down then your turning radius will reduce.

• 2 weeks later...

After going for some more practice, I was right about maintaining a natural speed to go through the Figure 8. The timing is ok . As for U-turn, I can't do it very smoothly maybe cos I moved off a bit too fast, I kind of stopped a bit by controlling the throttle / clutch and thereby adjusting halfway through the turn, so in the end I was still able to complete the U turn and enter the center of the lane.

Start faster use footbrake better than too slow and stall or footed or drop bike. Some people can immediately change 2nd gear do u-turn just observe.

I was referring more to U turn on first gear half clutch.

I tried tapping on foot brake if speed too fast but think does not really work for me maybe...I think I closed the clutch slightly to slow down the bike halfway (if too fast) thru the turn before I complete the turn.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Md Iszaki said:

Anyone enrolling 2A? Cant wait, and im counting down the days!

@Md Iszaki I'm in the same position.. But waiting for Class 2 instead.

Congrats on your 2A journey, how long more to go before you can enrol? First time for the bumpy course, it's quite interesting. Good luck!

Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF

2 hours ago, Pisces44 said:

hahaha....i can only do so in 2021 .....

Good luck. The test dates are all pushed back quite abit i think due to the clearing of backlog during Circuit Breaker.

Are you looking to upgrade from your Aerox?

On 12/3/2020 at 12:59 PM, snsd555 said:

Good luck. The test dates are all pushed back quite abit i think due to the clearing of backlog during Circuit Breaker.

Are you looking to upgrade from your Aerox?

Maybe to Xmax also....

but now auto...go take class 2A will be problem...

18 hours ago, Pisces44 said:

Maybe to Xmax also....

but now auto...go take class 2A will be problem...

@Pisces44 Good choice the XMAX is an awesome bike, very reliable and good storage compartments. Many people say it's an uncle bike though haha.

Should be OK la just go for more Circuit Revision, muscle memory should take over after a few lessons..

20 minutes ago, wishforastar said:

I finally passed and got my 2B licence !

congrats man!

would like to say thank you to everyone's tips. finally managed to clear lesson 3.2, went for 2 RCs and getting ready for circuit assesment. anyone did simulator recently? how is it like?