• Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

• Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

TMAX Belt and Transmission Maintenance?

Hi bros,

Might consider upgrading from my current XMAX to the TMAX once i pass my Class 2. I think the bikes are pretty much identical maintenance wise except that the drivetrain for the TMAX is a belt-drive system rather than internal gearing like the XMAX.

Can shifus here share what is required for maintenance and the costs involved?

Once you experience the ease of not lubing and changing your chain and sprocket every 10k kms, it's hard to go back to a chain-drive system.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine is special Pro Racing. Limited production. Only the best for my ride.. haha   560 had a totally different clutch, CVT and engine.. not sure if anyone tried before.. but clutch plat

Posted Images

9 hours ago, snsd555 said:

Hi bros,

Might consider upgrading from my current XMAX to the TMAX once i pass my Class 2. I think the bikes are pretty much identical maintenance wise except that the drivetrain for the TMAX is a belt-drive system rather than internal gearing like the XMAX.

Once you experience the ease of not lubing and changing your chain and sprocket every 10k kms, it's hard to go back to a chain-drive system.

I never own a chain driven class 2 bike before..

to me, after riding so many years.. I would want a less dirty alternative.. 

but the drive belt isn’t cheap.. it’s about $300 and if u dun adjust it properly, it will wear out prematurely.. 

I’ll cover this topic later in the FAQ thread..

but I’ll do a quick breakdown here:

Xmax cvt change: about $100 for the vbelt, u clips and rollers.

tmax cvt change: about $200 for the same items.

I own both Xmax and Tmax.. all I can say is tmax maintenance costs is not just double of Xmax.. 😅

10 hours ago, snsd555 said:

Hi bros,

@snsd555  Maintenance in general will cost more (bigger cc mah) BUT it all depend on how your ride and take care it.

It's a simple bike, In basic, Fully Syn EO change is the regular affair after 8km or 10km for me (max 6 months or 10K), depend on your riding environment condition and how long per ride and how hard you ride, the usual practices apply to all motor. When you ride long enough, you can feel the respond and engine, so just change when needed.

Drive belt is expensive as the belting is constructed with metal wires so it's more durable (very durable to my knowledge)
20KM replace or when needed, but you can doing maintenance every month to check the D belt condition and alignment (Just try not to remove the drive belt case for riding as the case protects the D Belt while riding and from dirt, water & whatever can go in). Some bike climb to 25k or higher before change.
Book mention CVT at 20KM, if you do CVT cleaning and lub in between and condition is still good, you can drag on a little more.

All bike is more or less the same, you feel them when riding so take care of your bike and it will take care of you.
To me Tmax do carry a high maintenance cost as a maxi scooter (which class 2 power bike maintenance is cheap 😅) but than is not the scary part, the accessories are the one you should worry about, prices is way higher then Xmax. 😂 

2 hours ago, biting_point said:

On manual is 20k km

already changed 3 times on my Tmax..

not yet on Xmax..

Your is super sport touring scooter, cross 2 board one. 😝 btw @biting_pointyou just change the belt or as a sets with pulley and clips.

Also, how about your clutch? Seldom see people tok abt it and I have not much info on that too.

1 hour ago, JJBuBBle said:

Your is super sport touring scooter, cross 2 board one. 😝 btw @biting_pointyou just change the belt or as a sets with pulley and clips.

Also, how about your clutch? Seldom see people tok abt it and I have not much info on that too.

Changed as a set.. belt, rollers and cleaning..

I changed clutch once when I switched to Jcosta housing before my solo Thailand trip. Many tmax had experienced clutch slip thus they changed their clutch plates as early as about 10k plus.. but possible to last quite long as much as 20-30k km.. 

new clutch plates (560 ones) have more friction plates and comes thicker.. 

0D3C22AD-C725-4641-AC7F-6B3DC98A5AFA.jpeg

3922368A-707E-4361-8380-CC77792864DD.jpeg

14 hours ago, JJBuBBle said:

@biting_point guess it also depend on how hard the rider ride. So you change to Pro or XRP, what your damage.
BTW 530 can change to 560 Clutch system too?

Mine is special Pro Racing. Limited production. Only the best for my ride.. haha

560 had a totally different clutch, CVT and engine.. not sure if anyone tried before..

but clutch plates are interchangeable.. in fact, 560 friction plates have over write 530 part numbers as they are the improved version..

• Like 1

hi bros, how often you change your belting for every engine oil change? is it change oil 2x then change belt 1x? or change oil 3x then change belt 1x? i see facebook many workshops saying to chance every 5k whole set like this. is it too excessive?

128759443_1044833579322489_4206480137938183168_n.jpg

On 12/13/2020 at 12:22 AM, Xmaxer said:

hi bros, how often you change your belting for every engine oil change? is it change oil 2x then change belt 1x? or change oil 3x then change belt 1x? i see facebook many workshops saying to chance every 5k whole set like this. is it too excessive?

In general check your Xmax manual. Conditions are also consideration on duration of ride and riding style. For commercial use it will be wise to change earlier due to prolong riding.

Still its subjective to individual rider.

1 hour ago, JJBuBBle said:

In general check your Xmax manual. Conditions are also consideration on duration of ride and riding style. For commercial use it will be wise to change earlier due to prolong riding.

Still its subjective to individual rider.

thanks bro for ur input. dunno where i put my manual so i will have to go and find it haha.... im thinking to do 1:3.. every 3 servicing then do the full belt change. hope this will be sufficient. i am not doing delivery or commercial now but i might start part time to pay off bike loan

On 12/11/2020 at 12:59 PM, JJBuBBle said:

@biting_point woo.... pro is the best of what you can get version.

@JJBuBBle no no.. I’m not using the pro.. I’m using the pro racing, it’s the highest spec of the 3 different versions for tmax.. which is limited production and no longer available in the market! 
the best for my Max..!! Haha

On 12/13/2020 at 12:22 AM, Xmaxer said:

Manual says change at 20k km..

EO depends on individual, I personally change EO at 3k km.. so it’s about 7 EO changes to a full cvt belt and rollers change..