SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Information on Dangerous Riding/Driving

Originally posted by Nitez86@August 14, 2005 06:08 pm

yah i agree. s'pore law is more and more unreasonable liao le.. but also right lah, we r living in singapore. if the tp dun fine us, their pay come from where leh.. hahaha, last time i bought my bike and i was a hell rider on the road. ppl blow me i can follow all the way to that idiot house.. lolz but after some accidents and incidents i decided to be a safetly rider.. wanna be a hell rider pls go malaysia ba.. the road offence there is nth to us..

erm... can we report any dangerous driving act to TP

yesterday when i on ECP towards jurong, 1 silver SUV driven by ANGMO keep high beaming me on the extreme right lane near the rochor road exit where there got camera.

so i was on 3 lane travelling at 80km.h.

this idiot keep high beam and then overtake me after the slope and showed me his middle centre!!!

ang mo got privilege? or they not scared summon cos their licence easy get or filty rich.

think he is an expat, driving company car. car plate SGK45*8

Faith enables us to transform not only our day to day problems, but our lives at their very foundation.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see from your history of road usage, you've been quite a driver yourself too. I guess looking at things from a driver's point of view, here is my opinion.

Firstly, I think you are refering to the lane 1 (extreme right/overtaking lane). The lane 1 should be meant for overtaking, regardless of how fast you are going, you should give way to faster oncoming vehicles. E.g. You go 180km/h, you give way to oncoming vehicle @ 200km/h.

Secondly, if you have ridden and driven so many bikes/cars before, you should understand that there is a speedo error between small bikes and big bikes/cars. If you are travelling at 80, your peugeot shud be going at 65~70 only.

HOWEVER, that joker is still being a jackass for showing you the middle finger. You can sue him for insults or attempts to disrupt peace. You can report dangerous road behaviour to the TP, but, I don't think that is dangerous driving. Just bad attitude.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/gnayed/n641300248_3172135_77.jpg

• 1 month later...

have u even seen character in the movie saying :"law? i am the law!".

I presume the movies are trying to say that the law book is written in such a manner that it all depend on the upholder.

p/s: most law are written in the benefit of the upholder too.

just a presonal feeling thinking aloud.

• 3 weeks later...

Laws are to protect the peace and safety of road users. If there is no law, I don't think we can go from place to place without a scratch? Besides, you can always report inconsiderate drivers/dangerous drivers to TP. I'm sure they will be able to handle. My friend just kena $130+4points because somebody complain that he is outside of the Waiting box to turn right. Stupid, but true!

All information written in this forum by Supervivid is as is. No warranty provided.

I'm still human, and are prone to errors and mistakes. Please bear with me and correct my mistakes.

• 5 weeks later...
if it applies 2 motorcycles, its everytime u ride. kena b4 $30. :mad:

eh bros!! riding w/o headlight on after 7pm seriously kena $30 onli izit?

den how come juz now i kena stop by TP he say fine $50???

is the $30 fine d ryt one??

is there any chances of winning an appeal against this kind of summon??

i'm seriously in desperate measures siak.. shitto!

Jεήgσ™ : |l|l|ll| With great power comes great responsibilities.Think safe, ride safe |ll|l|l|

• 5 months later...

Hey guys i kena a offence for careless driving last sunday morning at cte near amk ave 1 there.

I was going to change lane, i signal, check blindspot and change, a TP was behind me all the way and then he stop me after i change my lane.. ok i stop along with him as i tot he wanted to only check whether i'm the owner of my bike and stuff.

So he ask for my license and ic and then i gave him and he started saying i did all the things i needed to while changing lane and say i change too fast, not giving allowance to the car and thus the car have to brake to avoid a collision which i think is damn ridiculous man. then he say with that he is gg to charge me 150 bucks n 6 demerit points. walao i'm damn speechless la then i just blur blur accept it and rode off. scali later i then remember that driver was talking on the phone while driving lo... i didnt tell the TP becos i damn speechless and blur liao. early in the morning tio this kinda of thing confirm stun one lo. then 1 thing v strange is the TP keep saying is a TAXI while i remember clearly its a gray car, probably nissan or toyota, not taxi cconfirm 100% chop chop.. then they send letter to my house liao, was wondering if i could write a appeal letter to TP or must lan lan suck thumb?

What would be u guy's comment?

• 4 weeks later...
Exceeding 41 - 50km/h = >$200 + 12 demerit points + Court.

Exceeding 51 - 60km/h = >$200 + 18 demerit points + Court.

Exceeding >61km/h = >$200 + 24 demerit points + Court.

Careless driving = $150 + 6 demerit Points.

Inconsiderate Driving = $170 + 9 Demerit Points + Court.

Dangerous Driving = >$200 + 24 Demerit Points + Court + Vehicle Compounded.

Illegal Racing = >$200 + Vehicle Confiscate + Court.

Found my answer on http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/

• 1 month later...

can i ask something.. if ur riding. and ur pillion is someone who jus had quite an amount of alcohol. if kenna road block. will have anything happen to the rider? the rider never drink at all. but pillion drank a little. perhaps face red or something.. anything will happen to the rider or not? like kenna fine? or demerit points? or wad?

YuaN's Gauloises Honda NSR150SP ; Oct07 - Jan09

• 3 weeks later...
can i ask something.. if ur riding. and ur pillion is someone who jus had quite an amount of alcohol. if kenna road block. will have anything happen to the rider? the rider never drink at all. but pillion drank a little. perhaps face red or something.. anything will happen to the rider or not? like kenna fine? or demerit points? or wad?

This one i dunno. But i know that when the pillon is drunk is damn hard to ride. Once my pillon was drunk and i swear i wished i had not picked her up. She kept slumping over and i had to use my left hand to make sure she does not drop from the bike. 100% sure if kana tahan by TP confirm tio one. I think the condition of the pillon will affect your riding and if your riding is badly affected i can understand if dangerous driving will be on the cards.

Basket, damn suay if u kanna demerit points because of a pillon.

2003 to 2008 - KRR 150

2008 to ???? - ZX636R & DRZ SM

• 7 months later...

Hi, i was a pillion on my fren's bike, she was travelling on 3rd lane until we came to a T-junction,

and a car travelling very fast on the second lane suddenly swerved into our lane and turned left w/o signal left

and our bike almost banged into the car. We were less than a feet away from the car door! But luckily my friend managed

to brake in time. 2 other bikes from behind managed to give chase to the escaping car to stop the driver.

Upon questioning the driver, he said "he saw us on the left lane and presumed that we are turning left and didnt

pay attention to us while turning and was looking somewhere else".

I thought this was very inconsiderate of him. What happen if we

couldnt stopped in time? I can't imagine what would be the consequences. TP came down and advised us to make a report at

the nearest police post if we wish to persude the matters. As a result of the incident, i am having a very bad Stiff Neck and

sprain shoulder and wrist. I would like to ask if it is advisable to persude the matters? As I hope he will get his lesson learn

and also claim for my medical fees?

• 1 month later...
Hi, i was a pillion on my fren's bike, she was travelling on 3rd lane until we came to a T-junction,

and a car travelling very fast on the second lane suddenly swerved into our lane and turned left w/o signal left

and our bike almost banged into the car. We were less than a feet away from the car door! But luckily my friend managed

to brake in time. 2 other bikes from behind managed to give chase to the escaping car to stop the driver.

Upon questioning the driver, he said "he saw us on the left lane and presumed that we are turning left and didnt

pay attention to us while turning and was looking somewhere else".

I thought this was very inconsiderate of him. What happen if we

couldnt stopped in time? I can't imagine what would be the consequences. TP came down and advised us to make a report at

the nearest police post if we wish to persude the matters. As a result of the incident, i am having a very bad Stiff Neck and

sprain shoulder and wrist. I would like to ask if it is advisable to persude the matters? As I hope he will get his lesson learn

and also claim for my medical fees?

You can go to Traffic Police HQ and write in. No accident traffic violation report.

We are Protectors of Lives on the Roads.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone advise on any law which may prevent us bikers from naming and shaming careless, dangerous car/van/truck drivers here on this site.

I was nearly taken out by a Toyota Camry today on Bras Basar Road, when he stopped at the next lights I knocked on his window to ask why he nearly knocked me off my bike by squeezing me across the lane, he started to lower his window but had second thoughts and tried to ignore me then drove off.

I would like to see a list of license plates for careless dangerous drivers published daily in the Straits Times.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

INFORMATION ON "NON ACCIDENT TRAFFIC VIOLATION REPORT"

I inquiried with Traffic Police the other day. If you were involved with a nasty "close encounter" with a dangerous rider or driver, here is what you need to do, in order to get TP on the case. If you are able to write a good report, TP -will- look into the case promptly.

This is what you need:

I refer to your preceding email.

Please be informed that members of public may report traffic violations by

providing the following information:

1. The date, time and location of the offence;

2. The full registration number of the vehicle(s) involved;

3. The nature of the offence;

4. Your full particulars (name, address, NRIC and contact numbers);

5. Your confirmation of willingness to testify in court should the

offender(s) dispute the offence; and

6. Clear images (photos/video) and/or particulars of independent

witness(es).

If there are photos/videos and the file size is large (e.g. greater than 5

mb), members of public are encouraged to burn them onto a cd and send in to

the following address with the above information:

Traffic Police

Violations Investigation Team

10 Ubi Avenue 3

Singapore 408865

There is no need for submission via MS word. Members of public can also

send in the information to [email protected] . Upon receiving the

information, we will forward them to our Violations Investigation Team for

their follow up.

We hope the above clarifies. Thank you and have a nice day.

Regards

[name removed] / Service Quality Branch / Traffic Police Department

Please reserve this only as a last resort and if you have supporting evidence. Best is to mount a handphone camera on a front-facing mount on your bike like I do for my youtube music videos. Handphone cameras these days are good enough to spot number plates up to 20m away, and can capture motion very well. Some cheap business phones like the Nokia E63 can also record for up to 5 hours, giving you excellent video protection for insurance purposes.

Remember, if you do a verbal complaint the other driver, knowing local culture, will create a cock and bull story for a delaying action. They will never admit liability. With video evidence however... remember you have a great technological advantage because in this part of the world, few riders and drivers have permanent camera mounts for security.

• 4 weeks later...

If got no proof, ie video, pics etc, it's your word against the other driver. I think TP will at least send a letter to the 'defendant' to drive safely next time. I should know. I received a letter from TP advising me to take better care when driving. Heck, I dun even know how that even came about??!! Never bothered to check with TP wats goin on. I dun see the point..

Current ride>>

motorcycle

Previous rides>>

Skateboard

Bicycle

Non-LTA approve electric bicycle

Skate Scooter

Bus no 11

• 4 weeks later...

any one pls help n advise on what to do?

yesterday on the 19/01/11 as i was proceeding to ECP from AYE theres this SAAB car trying to squeeze in to my lane as i was riding straight ahead on the 3rd lane i think, then i kept horning to the car but still he goes in, out of natural reaction i raise my leg n it hit his car then he move away, but he didnt move away for good, he overtake through the right another car infornt of him then goes into my lane again n try to run me down again by the side. so we decided to go to the SH to stop n so called settle the dispute but he came to my bike n suddenly took my key from the ignition with out my permission. that started the fight as i goes up to him and try to snatch my key back but he still dont wanna let go. he chocked me, i punch him n stuff, then a passer by came to stop us n called the police, went to cantonment to report then the IO told me it considered under road rage because we fight with each other. n said most likely license will be taken. i need my license sia for me, he is a road bully n then provoking to pick a fight wit me by taking my property with out my permission and ending up my license suffer. if i had speed off and dont stop at the SH may b we didnt fight but if he report that i hit n run then that would b another story. so should i report to the TP of non - accident dangerous driving from him?

any one pls help n advise on what to do?

yesterday on the 19/01/11 as i was proceeding to ECP from AYE theres this SAAB car trying to squeeze in to my lane as i was riding straight ahead on the 3rd lane i think, then i kept horning to the car but still he goes in, out of natural reaction i raise my leg n it hit his car then he move away, but he didnt move away for good, he overtake through the right another car infornt of him then goes into my lane again n try to run me down again by the side. so we decided to go to the SH to stop n so called settle the dispute but he came to my bike n suddenly took my key from the ignition with out my permission. that started the fight as i goes up to him and try to snatch my key back but he still dont wanna let go. he chocked me, i punch him n stuff, then a passer by came to stop us n called the police, went to cantonment to report then the IO told me it considered under road rage because we fight with each other. n said most likely license will be taken. i need my license sia for me, he is a road bully n then provoking to pick a fight wit me by taking my property with out my permission and ending up my license suffer. if i had speed off and dont stop at the SH may b we didnt fight but if he report that i hit n run then that would b another story. so should i report to the TP of non - accident dangerous driving from him?

see the kick mark on his car, if got trial of going backwards, good, cos it show he's coming towards u very close.

Accident can happen anytime, anywhere.

However ask yourself, do you want to fall at 120km/h or 60km/h?

see the kick mark on his car, if got trial of going backwards, good, cos it show he's coming towards u very close.

how to see? i didnt take the picture of the car where the kick mark was. do i send a report to the TP of his dangerous driving attitude or i jst wait for TP to call up for further questioning?

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. (Kahlil Gibran)

This kind of case do not give chance to the other party.

Bring the driver to court and settle it there. The TP and yourself have license plate numbers, right? We might all be pissed off at other peoples' road behaviour but taking away the key from your vehicle's ignition is something intrusive and uncalled for.

If you knock my bike down do I enter your car and take away the key? This is vigilante action.

If I were you I'd be calling up the press to see if they want this story. Make such road ragers become good examples for the rest of Singapore NOT to follow.

• admin unpinned this topic