Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i used to pump v-power from the day i started riding (abt 6mths ago ba).. only till recently i change to caltex cortex platinum.. mileage wise i feel its about the same to me cos i ta150 so need more petrol...

 

reason being for mi to change is cos' one time i go pump shell the bugger ask mi to get down n pump.. i dulanz ride off w/o pumping.. adapted willam_liu theory - dun pump shell.. haha.. :lol: den now change to caltex liao lo.. :thumb:

Link to post
Share on other sites

used to pump shell v power too..... because of the ruling on getting off bikes and the attendants and manager being rude. am not doing so any longer.... any company will do till i get to shell jb....

For you O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You shall surround him as with a shield. Psalm 5:12

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see, didn't know that shell have such SPECIAL rulings, i think i will pump esso mobil from now onwards, cause its nearer to my house and since everyone is boycotting shell because of the stupid rulings i shall do so too.... :cheeky: :sweat:

PK & Friends

STOC: 7063

Link to post
Share on other sites

so many caltex supporter?? :cheeky:

I still prefer Mobil 98, feel that my engine runs quieter when I use it.

VPower too power liao, engine sounds very rough...

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Link to post
Share on other sites

98 too expensive for me!

 

:sweat:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

 

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Link to post
Share on other sites

choke: i personally dun believe that the engineers would design and implement a device that would damage the bike when used, provided it is used and not abused. using it on a daily basis for cold starts and switching it off thereafter, unlikely to cause problems other than 'wear and tear' of the choke tap, which is normal for any device.

 

petrol: as long as u use petrol of RON same or higher than the level recommended for the particular bike, u can mix and match and tarik even, including of diff RON (again provided same or higher than recommended; refer to manual). ur engine not gonna explode or anything. the only problem is that u might end up wasting money. mix same ron diff brands i think no effect at all; but mix diff ron, especially u try something like mix v-power with 95, you might end up with even higher consumption, or even lower power, or both. thats why it would be a waste of money; mix v-power end up worse (in terms of mileage and/or power) than the 95.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mechwira@Mar 29 2005, 01:38 PM

choke: i personally dun believe that the engineers would design and implement a device that would damage the bike when used, provided it is used and not abused. using it on a daily basis for cold starts and switching it off thereafter, unlikely to cause problems other than 'wear and tear' of the choke tap, which is normal for any device.

 

petrol: as long as u use petrol of RON same or higher than the level recommended for the particular bike, u can mix and match and tarik even, including of diff RON (again provided same or higher than recommended; refer to manual). ur engine not gonna explode or anything. the only problem is that u might end up wasting money. mix same ron diff brands i think no effect at all; but mix diff ron, especially u try something like mix v-power with 95, you might end up with even higher consumption, or even lower power, or both. thats why it would be a waste of money; mix v-power end up worse (in terms of mileage and/or power) than the 95.

i have tried to use my choke but it seems like the engine dies off after i pulled it... why uh?

 

Its better to have lived and lost than to never live at all. Live it, the way you want it.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You're supposed to use it only to start your bike...

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

 

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by weiz85@Mar 29 2005, 06:31 PM

i have tried to use my choke but it seems like the engine dies off after i pulled it... why uh?

i dun understand. ppl pull choke first, then start bike, then off the choke. u dun pull the choke after u start the bike, so how can "bike die after you pull the choke"?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Link to post
Share on other sites

haven really tried caltex other then once ( and i did not keep track of mileage )

 

mostly shell or mobil/esso

April'12~Current - Kymco DownTown 125i

June'09 ~ April'12. - Kymco Grand Dink 150.

1st June'04 till now 30th June'09. - Honda TA150

June'11~April'12. - Toyota Hiace '04

Good ol' days with my Phantom~

 

:cheeky: "Baby"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mechwira@Mar 30 2005, 01:10 AM

i dun understand. ppl pull choke first, then start bike, then off the choke. u dun pull the choke after u start the bike, so how can "bike die after you pull the choke"?

it harder to start when i pull it lohz hehe

 

i find it funny also ....

 

Its better to have lived and lost than to never live at all. Live it, the way you want it.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shell fan; luvs V-Power but as its name implies, Very Power.

 

Release clutch a lil', moves forward a lot, not v useful when caught in heavy traffic jams. So sometimes use Shell 98.

 

Kept records for mths n realise tt V-power really gives me extra mileage: 40km/l in build-up area. Actually hor, I think V-power is meant for optimally-maintained / fast-performance vehicles, then u can feel e power.

 

V-power occasionally to 'clean' whatever residue at bottom of tank.

 

Maybe will try other brands to compare. Pumped Esso n Mobil b4, but only when neccessary.

 

M'sian petrol's quality can nvr be compared with Sg's, but economic-wise, can try. Anyway, Phantoms not meant for racing, more for getting fr Pt A to Pt B. But hor, certain kiosks in M'sia is a no-no. They chia lang -- petrol mixed with kerosene, I heard.

 

1st time went in to M'sia, pump Mobil (I think tt is ok); come back pump tt Caltex (u know where lah), then engine hard to start. Finally change spark plug. From then on, bike's speed no longer optimal. Got scared now, nvr go to tt Caltex. :eek:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by AhBeng@Mar 30 2005, 04:04 AM

Kept records for mths n realise tt V-power really gives me extra mileage: 40km/l in build-up area.

ur the first person i've heard to say v-power gives higher mileage than other petrol (not including other 'house-blends' like vortex).

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Noir@Mar 30 2005, 03:15 PM

yeah... hahah... my friends and i all agree that our bikes all drink V-Power like water like that.... :sweat:

 

But V-Power's additives really gives the bike more power...

So we can conclude that V Power is really power, but is also very fast used up? Right? so have to pump more regularly?:confused:

PK & Friends

STOC: 7063

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by zero_degrees@Mar 30 2005, 03:42 PM

So we can conclude that V Power is really power, but is also very fast used up? Right? so have to pump more regularly?:confused:

thats the opinion my friends and i have. :smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I get better mileage from Esso/Mobil 95 compared to V-Power.

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

 

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Link to post
Share on other sites

Noobie Questions:

 

1) What is the recommended frequency of pumping bike tyres? once a week?

 

2) If anyone have use the air pump at esso/mobil, what is the electronic number that i should set to, to pump my phantom tyres? 200?

 

Pls advice.....:smile:

PK & Friends

STOC: 7063

Link to post
Share on other sites

1) I try to pump at least once a week

 

2) Depends on what your tyre is. Remember to differentiate between Kpa and PSI.

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

 

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by zero_degrees@Mar 30 2005, 06:25 PM

Noobie Questions:

 

1) What is the recommended frequency of pumping bike tyres? once a week?

 

2) If anyone have use the air pump at esso/mobil, what is the electronic number that i should set to, to pump my phantom tyres? 200?

 

Pls advice.....:smile:

up to individual..........

 

i pump front 200 n rear 210

 

:smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Shell BAU_Motorcycle_Version 1_SingaporeBikes Banner_300x250 (static).jpg

×
×
  • Create New...