SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Honda CBF150 (战鹰/FightHawk)

Simmz

Hey there. Anyone did a engine top overhaul before? Was it good? Any side effect or cons?

I'm deciding if I should go for it. My bike was registered 2009 and I bought it 2nd hand in 2012. Physically can see it's not in very ideal condition as there're some scratches, meaning it was probably dropped before. Mileage when I bought showed around 20000km.

I've always suspected the engine condition is not very good. Fuel consumption is only around 32km/litre. Whenever I start engine, the sound feels weak, like no power like that. If I don't ride for 5 days or more, usually will have to open and hold throttle to start bike if not engine will die off on its own. Normal? Recently brought my bike to change eo, and the mech also commented that the engine doesn't sound fine when start up and suggested a overhaul. Don't know if he trying to chop me or is a sincere recommendation. It's unique motorsports btw.

When I just got this bike, didn't really care about condition as my intention was to upgrade to 2A asap. But even since, I've already spend like $600 on new tires, chain, sprocket, battery and brakes and growing attached to it. Don't think I can get my 2A anytime soon either. Should I just do it?

same opinion as mrkyn83, might be ur carb not tune properly... Go get it clean and tune properly shld solve most of e problem u mentioned...

:pray::pray:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bro I think your bike problem is mostly carburetor problem, try to clean the carburetor and tune correct setting.

Because your bike mileage is 20000 only 60% no change to engine spoilt, try clean and setting your carb before overhaul.

About 2A bike u have more money spent to maintenance, I just down grade from 2A bike to CBF 150. My bike is 2007 model. I feel very smooth and economical bike. Power wise this bike loose.

Hope u get useful information All the best bro :)

About the overhaul thing, I did an overhaul about 1 year ago.

For the pros, definitely smoother engine now, not 'rough' sounding anymore. Pick up and revving is better too.

For the cons, based on my own experience( don't know about anyone else's), my Fuel Consumption was affected after the overhaul. Pre-overhaul, I managed the usual 38-42km/l. But lately I've only been getting around 33-36km/l on average. Don't know whether it's because of my increased gung-ho attitude on the bike ( good mileage when I just passed, more scared, never speed) or due to overhaul.

FYI, my bike is a 2007 model.

Again, just something to consider. Always good to have first-hand accounts spread around right? :)

same opinion as mrkyn83, might be ur carb not tune properly... Go get it clean and tune properly shld solve most of e problem u mentioned...

Thanks for the input guys! I'll get the mech to check and clean the carb first before deciding on whether to do a overhaul.

For me, I've been using Petronas from JB

Their 95 and premium one really really'smooth'.

In Singapore , I only get that smoothness with Caltex 8000(the silver one i think). But the most fuel-efficient fuel i've had in Sg is with Esso 95. The 98 quite rough, no discernible improvement in fuel savings , so for me Esso95 in Singapore works well.

But then again, depends on own preference ! Smooth or not smooth, sekali all in my head only ah! Haha..

i used to use esso 95 too, but switch to spc 95, but the FC seems to drop.

not sure it's the way i ride or the fuel. maybe i should switch back to esso95 for the next few topup and monitor the FC.

@altya nvr go jb topup before. later go dont know how to come back =X

@d515s23 yah, 92 cheaper abit. think by around 10cents/l+-

which engine oil you guys using ? just change mine, the mech told me got $12,14 and 22.

so i pick 14 and it's 15w40, is it okie? i saw somewhere the recommended was 10w40 or 10w50.

please correct me if im wrong, im a noob =D

Haha I'm a noob too. Used a $12-14 semi-synthetic engine.oil (Honda brand or something ??) Think it was 15w40 also.

Now been using fully-synthetic Motul 7100 20w50. Pricier , but worth the riding experience

Very smooth gear change, good to go from coldstart in thw morning(previous semi-synthetic needed some time to get amooth)

Worth a try for fully synthetic engine oils like Motul

If you're willing to part with a bit more monthly, it's good. Changed my riding experience haha

Haha I'm a noob too. Used a $12-14 semi-synthetic engine.oil (Honda brand or something ??) Think it was 15w40 also.

Now been using fully-synthetic Motul 7100 20w50. Pricier , but worth the riding experience

Very smooth gear change, good to go from coldstart in thw morning(previous semi-synthetic needed some time to get amooth)

Worth a try for fully synthetic engine oils like Motul

If you're willing to part with a bit more monthly, it's good. Changed my riding experience haha

the motortiam i went doesnt have motul product. my is a new bike, still under warrenty so normally i go back to the same shop for "

chop".

btw which shop you guys go for servicing ?

the motortiam i went doesnt have motul product. my is a new bike, still under warrenty so normally i go back to the same shop for "

chop".

btw which shop you guys go for servicing ?

Many brand for u to choose, just choose those big brands and u won go wrong... Like Motul, Maxima, LiquidMoly, Elf and more...

Personally I am using Elf 10w40 from JB... I mostly service at JB coz labour is cheaper there...

For new bike its better to use mineral to run in first, later one just use 10w40 oil as its the recommend viscosity for our bike....

Only if u do long distance travel most of the time den can try 10w50 oils as they are much thicker so can endure higher temperature but it will affect ur pick up and fc abit...

Every bike is different so just keep trying diff brand of EO until u find the one that is best value for u, last longest and feel smooth-est, haha

Many brand for u to choose, just choose those big brands and u won go wrong... Like Motul, Maxima, LiquidMoly, Elf and more...

Personally I am using Elf 10w40 from JB... I mostly service at JB coz labour is cheaper there...

For new bike its better to use mineral to run in first, later one just use 10w40 oil as its the recommend viscosity for our bike....

Only if u do long distance travel most of the time den can try 10w50 oils as they are much thicker so can endure higher temperature but it will affect ur pick up and fc abit...

Every bike is different so just keep trying diff brand of EO until u find the one that is best value for u, last longest and feel smooth-est, haha

my bike is around 2 months old. too late for the mineral oil run in ?

how do i know it's time to change eo? any indication ? or just follow the schedule on the manual ?

smooth-est as in smooth pick up ?

do you guys lube your chain after the rain when parked at car park ?

Hmm, think best to check your mileage. How far have u travelled in that 2months? Someone can help with the initial oil change intervals? I forgot the distances.

Same thing for.changing of EO, normally people would change anything from 1500km or 2500km travelled

Some indicators you need to.change EO would be rough gear changes, middling performance at higher speeds, some stuff like that.

And yeah, smooth as in pick-up, changing gears, constant high speed for prolonged distance.

I.personally use a chain spray to lube my chain every few days just to ensure optimum performance, with regards to gear shifting etc. It's some Swiss brand, silver-green can.

Hmm, think best to check your mileage. How far have u travelled in that 2months? Someone can help with the initial oil change intervals? I forgot the distances.

Same thing for.changing of EO, normally people would change anything from 1500km or 2500km travelled

Some indicators you need to.change EO would be rough gear changes, middling performance at higher speeds, some stuff like that.

And yeah, smooth as in pick-up, changing gears, constant high speed for prolonged distance.

I.personally use a chain spray to lube my chain every few days just to ensure optimum performance, with regards to gear shifting etc. It's some Swiss brand, silver-green can.

changed OE twice, once at 900km another at 2.7k, now should be somewhere near 3k.

i'm using maxima chain wax. heard review the wax it's quite sticky.. btw do you remove your left side cover to clean Front Sprockets when cleaning chain ?

I've been using this one, Motorex Chain Lube. Lasts very well and one normal-sized $12-$15 can has so far lasted me about 6 months plus at about 4 days each usage. (for both me and my dad).

motorex_racing_chain_lube_detail.jpg

Here's a link to it being sold on Revzilla. http://www.revzilla.com/product/motorex-racing-chain-lube

And I haven't actually cleaned my chain ever I think. Just when go for bike wash, after that I spray the Motorex Chain Lube after that. I really should get those grunge brushes to properly clean it one day..

I've got a red tank bra for cbf150!!! Anyone interested? Bought it frm turkey forum.... $100neg.. Brand new..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wah, if I had a red CBF I would be super itchy to get this..Haha...really rare/almost-impossible stuff to get in Singapore!

Can anyone give a review on the second generation cbf150 ? Thinking of buying one.

Can't say I have first hand experience cos mine is one of the 2007 first batches to come into SG..

But from what I've heard from mechanics and friends is that the new one (2011/2012 batch) comes with an improved exhaust, supposed to give cleaner emissions and a biiit more power(not sure if true). You can see a slight bump in the middle of a newer generation exhaust as compared to the older generation.

Secondly, the new batch has a sliightly improved dashboard, with an RPM meter added into the dashboard display. However, I heard they took out the gear indicator.

(Edit:) Also, the newer generation has a new decal scheme, with a much bigger "CBF" print at the sides of the bike. Might work for some people, though I prefer the older, understated design. Not too ostentatious or anything..

All in all, I think second generation or not, one common trait is that this bike does simply what it's supposed to - get you from point A to point B, with little to no fuss in terms of maintenance and a gentle fuel sipper at that (~40-45km/l).

Edited by wathell

how much for the new CBF150 now?

price as of april

boonsiew with COE(1812) w/o insur around 6.5-6.7k, insur can get through BS or source outside.

authorized dealer

6.0-6.2k with COE w/o insur. depending on type of box they are throwing in.

insur must get from them, if full payment, can get 3rd pt at around 300+.

if paying by installment, must get 1st/2nd at 500/600+.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/23/u6ygu8yb.jpg

Tank bra for sale... Price neg.. SMS or whatsapp at 93697741...

Ups for the bra...

Sent from my INO_ONE_PLUS using Tapatalk 2

PasSion for rIdinG burns as long as my soul lives...

RidEs

_____

Kymco Zinc150..Honda TA150..Suzuki Despardo400..Honda CB400 PB1..Yamaha Spark110..Suzuki V_Strom 1000k3..Yamaha Majesty Yp250..Suzuki DR650 SE..Honda Sonic125..Yamaha Fino'08..Honda CBF150'07..Honda Deauville 650..B-Bone125..

Tank bra for sale... Cheap cheap..

Ups for the bra...

Sent from my INO_ONE_PLUS using Tapatalk 2

Perhaps it would be better for u to just post a sales thread in e market place instead of posting multiple post here?

• 4 weeks later...
I've been using this one, Motorex Chain Lube. Lasts very well and one normal-sized $12-$15 can has so far lasted me about 6 months plus at about 4 days each usage. (for both me and my dad).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]282882[/ATTACH]

Here's a link to it being sold on Revzilla. http://www.revzilla.com/product/motorex-racing-chain-lube

And I haven't actually cleaned my chain ever I think. Just when go for bike wash, after that I spray the Motorex Chain Lube after that. I really should get those grunge brushes to properly clean it one day..

Try holt or penray. It's awesome with no fling application

Monster Energy......CBF150........

"'Chances Favored The Prepared Mind"

"Your Ambition outweighs Your Talent!"