SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Honda CBF150 (战鹰/FightHawk)

Simmz

gonna change my first motoroil at 1000km (now only 500km!). aft u changed at 90km, at what mileage r u gonna change again?

also a proper complete run-in for this bike is how long?

Bike run in is normally 500km.

I planned to changed at 50km one. But no chance coz I hollanded. So late by 40km loh.

I planned to change at 50km coz 80% of run in debris generated in the 1st 50km of run. 1000km change again. 2500km I change again but this time SJ grade semi synthetic oil. From then, every 2500km as per manual instructions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did my 1st servicing at boon siew. but aft my 1st service, discovered tat everytime i move off from 1st gear, there will be this 'tak' sound, and a small jerk from the rear spocket area. (never had tis problem before my 1st service)

brought it back to BS during lunchtime, and they said tat everything looks and sounds normal. i demonstated the sound to them, yet they say this is normal?

i was not satisfied, and so they asked me to bring the bike in again for them to check, where they will dismantle and show that everything is normal to me. what is the point of showing me everything 'looks' normal, when the bike is making such a weird sound?

any of u guys experiencing such a weird sounds as well?

the nature of what i'm experiencing :-

1. from neutral, shift to 1st gear

2. release clutch, mild throttling, bike begin to move

3. then 'clack' + slight jerk felt near rear sprocket

4. bike continue to move off, no problem in Gear2, 3, 4 or 5

in my almost 20yrs of riding, i've never experienced such a weird occurence. i better get it straighten out else it may manifest into bigger problems aft continued usage.

so intend to bring it back to BS this Sat morn.

• 2 weeks later...
the nature of what i'm experiencing :-

1. from neutral, shift to 1st gear

2. release clutch, mild throttling, bike begin to move

3. then 'clack' + slight jerk felt near rear sprocket

4. bike continue to move off, no problem in Gear2, 3, 4 or 5

in my almost 20yrs of riding, i've never experienced such a weird occurence. i better get it straighten out else it may manifest into bigger problems aft continued usage.

so intend to bring it back to BS this Sat morn.

to be fair, Boon Siew Honda has rectified the weird sound that i hv been having wif my cbf. the solution is so simple, therefore, not a design problem with the bike.

what they did was they tightened further the engine block to the frame, therefore upon moving off, there are no longer the 'tok' sound upon moving forward at 1st gear.

now my bike is just perfect :-)

• 3 months later...

This thread is for Honda CBF150 riders & lovers to exchange knowledge and get their enquires answered on this China-made beauty. Cheers!

>>> ASIAONE / MOTORING / TEST DRIVE / STORY

Zaihan Mohamed Yusof

Sun, Jun 17, 2007

The New Paper

Honda CBF 150: Cheap, but you can ride it hard

====================================

THE brief from Boon Siew Singapore was simple: Ride the new CBF 150 hard and tell us what falls off... well, something along those lines anyway. Fortunately, nothing came off the 150cc motorcycle.

Boon Siew gave us the motorbike for a long-term test to find out how the CBF stacked up against the competition.

In Singapore, the motorcycle market is dominated by commuter-type motorcycles below 200cc.

They are popular because of their inexpensive price, fuel range and hassle-free maintenance.

The China-made CBF 150 aims to penetrate this market segment.

The half-faired CBF 150 lookssleek.

Unlike other 'old school' Japanese transport bikes, the CBF's headlight and analogue clocks are hidden behind a fairing.

Its signal and brake lights are fused into the CBF's plastic panels, giving it an aerodynamic look.

Honda has kept the cost of the electric-start bike low by using bulbs instead of LED lights, and rear drum brakes instead of disc brakes.

We took the motorcycle on a 1,600km haul, with a combination of street and highway riding.

We didn't push the single cylinder, air-cooled CBF during its first 500km run-in period.

However, during this time, we noticed that it was hard to shift into 'neutral' after coming to a stop.

But after an oil change, the problem disappeared.

Perhaps the new gears in the 5-speed gearbox were not 'seasoned' yet.

The 140kg CBF is like most motorcycles in its class. It's light and underpowered.

But to those who ride commuter-type bikes, fuel savings is more important than brute force.

The way to pilot the CBF, which costs $3,200 (machine price only), is to ride it using the engine's momentum.

You've got to keep the revs close to where the engine makes its maximum power.

Gear changes way below 7,000rpm make the 12HP CBF less eager to 'run'.

3-LITRE RESERVE TANK

On street-riding mode, the CBF travelled a distance of 341km before hitting reserve.

The 13-litre fuel tank has an estimated 3-litre reserve tank.

On the highway, holding a constant speed of about 90kmh, the CBF covered about 100km more

If all this sounds confusing, just know that the CBF gets about 40km to a litre of petrol.

While the mileage is similar to other bikes in the same class, some of these fuel-saver bikes either have frustratingly small fuel tanks or enormously large ones.

The CBF's tank size sits in the middle of this range.

The motorbike's mild power delivery makes it ideal for beginners and seasoned hands alike.

Its upright seating position and easy-to-reach controls add confidence.

A small rack just behind the pillion seat allows you to secure a small travel pack should the need to go long-distance hits you.

The gear position light sits beside the tachometer and fuel gauge.

We tested the vibration-free CBF in the rain and found rust forming just below the ignition keyhole on the steering cone area.

The rain water also caused the rear drum brakes to squeak - a common ailment among motorbikes fitted with drum brakes.

At the present gearing, the CBF can attain only about 110kmh in fifth gear.

Don't expect longer legs from the CBF because it's meant to be a motorcycle for comfortable cruising and day-to-day use.

The motorcycle shares the same strain of DNA as Honda bikes assembled in Japan, Brazil and Thailand.

The CBF's engine is bullet-proof.

cbf1.jpg

cbf.jpg

Actually, I just went to the bikeshop today to get this bike. Initially I have no idea of what bike to get. But after a series of price negotiation for some of the 2nd hand bikes within the workshop, I saw this beau. It may not be that big size as compared to the maxi scoot which I am currently riding but it is consider decent enough for lanky chaps like me. Immediately, I told the saleman that I want this machine without a 2nd thought. I will be collecting my new baby tomorrow. Will update with pics. Looking forward to riding it... :thumb:

What a coincidence. I just ordered this bike (blue colour) too, collection tomorrow as well haha ...

Able to share what price u got the bike? Got mine for $4750 OTR, not sure if it is considered cheap but too lazy to shop around. After riding for several years, just need a economical transport bike lah, this one seems to fit the bill best.

What a coincidence. I just ordered this bike (blue colour) too, collection tomorrow as well haha ...

Able to share what price u got the bike? Got mine for $4750 OTR, not sure if it is considered cheap but too lazy to shop around. After riding for several years, just need a economical transport bike lah, this one seems to fit the bill best.

Haha... ya... what a coincidence indeed. :cheeky: I am also looking at it as a economical transport bike too... as lazy as well... haha. I got mine at $5400. Yours is consider quite cheap as compared to mine. :sian:

Today is the first day that I rode my CBF150. I must say that I was a bit uneasy initially maybe due to my prolong X9 usage that resulted in my clumsy gear shifting. After topping up petrol at the nearest petrol kiosk, I was able to get rid of the initial clumsiness and handle the bike much more smoothly. I find that the gears are pretty smooth and shifting them feel similar to my Vtec1 which I rode several years ago. The bike is also quiet and I can bearly hear the engine rev when coming to a stop at the lights. However, like what mentioned in the report posted by Theforce, the bike does not have much power. I only gently rev the bike up to the speed of 70km/h as the bike requires run in. The upright sitting posture is comfortable. My only complain is the the workshop mechanics didnt align my clutch lever to the properly which I had to adjust myself. But at the end of the day, I am still happy to have chosen my ideal bike. Now looking forward to riding it daily. :thumb:

Very interesting pics...tks. Looking that the location of the sparkplug; it doesn't seem well position/covered, leaving the possibility of water entering on rainy days.

The possibility is rather minimal as the spark plug is positioned inward and considering that there is a front crowl on top shielding off much of the rain. The plug position actually allows easy plug replacement which is something great for riders who perform DIY maintenance. :thumb:

Haha... ya... what a coincidence indeed. I am also looking at it as a economical transport bike too... as lazy as well... haha. I got mine at $5400. Yours is consider quite cheap as compared to mine.

Bro, how come yours so ex, u asked for comprehensive insurance and fitted some stuff? Where did u get from? PM me if not convenient to reveal in the open... My price is now $4950 cos I upgraded the insurance to TPFT, heard from my fren Bike Production will be cheaper leh ... sianz...

Me first day riding the bike too, very smooth engine! I would say its a very comfortable ride for a naked bike but I felt that the front brake is kind of weak :/ Still running in so didn't push it too hard, but I reckon it should do 0-100km/hr quite quickly, top speed of course don't ask for too much lah. Our bike is considered quite heavy so I guess the clumsiness is normal .. Btw register your warranty at Boon Siew website and get extra 3 mths warranty, there's also 3 free oil changes. Cheers!!

Bro, how come yours so ex, u asked for comprehensive insurance and fitted some stuff? Where did u get from? PM me if not convenient to reveal in the open... My price is now $4950 cos I upgraded the insurance to TPFT, heard from my fren Bike Production will be cheaper leh ... sianz...

Me first day riding the bike too, very smooth engine! I would say its a very comfortable ride for a naked bike but I felt that the front brake is kind of weak :/ Still running in so didn't push it too hard, but I reckon it should do 0-100km/hr quite quickly, top speed of course don't ask for too much lah. Our bike is considered quite heavy so I guess the clumsiness is normal .. Btw register your warranty at Boon Siew website and get extra 3 mths warranty, there's also 3 free oil changes. Cheers!!

I also don't know how come my one so ex. The sales person added a number of items to the bill and therefore total up to the amount which I have mentioned. But from what I know is that the bike comes with AXA TPFT at $374 (something which I think quite costly as compared to my X9 at only $263 under NTUC with 15% NCD), fitted IU, box, road tax, transfer fee ... blah blah blah. I wont mentioned the bike shop's name to avoid getting myself into trouble. However, I can say that I got my bike from one of the motorshops located at bukit merah. :sian: Well, that's the only place I can think of out of laziness to run around so I just anyhow grab lor.

Anyway, I cant really bother by that couple of dollars extra. But I make it a point to get something that is worth the bucks that I am paying. I would say that fortunately I got this bike. Like I mentioned, I was actually quite "blind" when I was selecting my next transport bike. Thought of just get one 2nd hand bike and that's it. But I doubt that I will be as satisfied if I done so.

Thanks for your info about the registering at Boon Siew webby. I also saw the promo sticker on my bike and had done the registration upon seeing your post. Btw, they mention that the promo only valid till end of 2007 and the online registration should be done within a month from the date of purchase. So for those who just got the bike and still havent register, gotta hurry~

still running in mine./.. ha

Haha... all of us are running in... :cheeky:

CBF 150 Riders List

1) theforce (CBF 150 Blue)

2) Yeoman (CBF 150 Black)

3) Merboy

4) DelusiOn

Hi bros,

any vibration when u guys go at high speed?

cheers!

Because of him the lame walked briskly,

And the songless through him burst into melody.

//////////////////Algazel (1111AD)//////////////////

I also don't know how come my one so ex. The sales person added a number of items to the bill and therefore total up to the amount which I have mentioned. But from what I know is that the bike comes with AXA TPFT at $374 (something which I think quite costly as compared to my X9 at only $263 under NTUC with 15% NCD), fitted IU, box, road tax, transfer fee ... blah blah blah. I wont mentioned the bike shop's name to avoid getting myself into trouble. However, I can say that I got my bike from one of the motorshops located at bukit merah. Well, that's the only place I can think of out of laziness to run around so I just anyhow grab lor.

Anyway, I cant really bother by that couple of dollars extra. But I make it a point to get something that is worth the bucks that I am paying. I would say that fortunately I got this bike. Like I mentioned, I was actually quite "blind" when I was selecting my next transport bike. Thought of just get one 2nd hand bike and that's it. But I doubt that I will be as satisfied if I done so.

Thanks for your info about the registering at Boon Siew webby. I also saw the promo sticker on my bike and had done the registration upon seeing your post. Btw, they mention that the promo only valid till end of 2007 and the online registration should be done within a month from the date of purchase. So for those who just got the bike and still havent register, gotta hurry~

Well I got my bike from a shop in the North (quite popular one), frankly I'm not too pleased with it either. Straight away after I paid the deposit the fellow tell me the price need to top up cos insurance more expensive for people below 31yo. Then promise me box with matching colour in the end fit one black one for me, those no-brand one somemore, looks damn flimsy. Now I'm quite pissed cos I thought the box (its glossy) looks weird on my bike which is blue. Sianz...

Anyway, don want to spoil my day over the stupid shop lah, I will try to make some noise about the box when I go and collect the logcard on Fri but I doubt they will even bother ...

I was quoted $5300 OTR, TPFT insurance for this bike in a bike shop in the North.

Think the price quoted to me was on the high side..

Looking ard for the best price.

------------------------------------------

1996-1999 Hurricane 400cc

2000-2007 CB400 Vtec 1

2007- CB400 Vtec 1 / CBF 150