SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Armoured jackets

Steppenwolf

Armoured Jackets - Is it practical?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Armoured Jackets - Is it practical?

Originally posted by duracellb@Nov 10 2006, 10:16 PM

i'm interested in the redwing boots. paiseh, was trying to figure out what you mean. will you be posting when there is sales, or are you suggesting that we head down and try our luck?

Thanks again. Learned so much from you here.

I 'll probably go down to the redwing warehouse soon & ask them roughly when their warehouse sales coming... who knows it might be year end...clear old stock to bring in new stock for christmas.

I really interested in the redwing riding boots cum safety boots. Not only is it water proof during heavy rain, the steel toes & other reinforcement actually give better protection than wearing conventional safety boots as riding shoes.

:smile:

John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

-- it's true & it really works for me. :)

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the jackets i wear i still like the denim type, more versatile even though i still like the feel of leather:thumb:

In the 1980s i had a leather jacket, wore it until so season that the colour fades.....:cheeky:

http://x3f.xanga.com/df409bea462b710806617/z8012352.jpg

hi guys, im currently using this.

http://komine.ac/catalog/images/product_images/03-652_BK_F.jpg

compared to my adidas jacket, its actually more cooling and quite comfy to wear it. however the removable plastic inner lining (or whatever it) isnt very good. during heavy rain, water still sips in, and when during normal riding you will get wet by your own sweat cause the whole lining blocks the air circulation. guess its meant for wind resistance. i took it off =)

okay now im lacking of a pair of good pants and boots

http://i44.tinypic.com/54c3gg.gif

it is more than practical... it is a necissity

when I was in Perth June this year, even fast food delivery riders wear them (provided by the company of course with logos and all)

and if i hadn't worn one yesterday i think i'd have a lot more injuries right now coz it saved my back from road rash even for a 5m slide / self skid in the rain...

so please do wear it...

Grounded... :/

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi dudes, question on: any body armour that is waterproof in heavy rain available?

If my price limit is $150, anyone has recommendations on a value-for-dollar armour? Preferably one that is normal-jacket looking.

Where can I view these gear?

bro erm.. the Rjays ones will be consider one of the cheapest ba...but price wise i think might stil lack quite abit..

2c worth

Gooner For Life

Wat u see might not be wat u get...

Preception is reality

Hi dudes, question on: any body armour that is waterproof in heavy rain available?

If my price limit is $150, anyone has recommendations on a value-for-dollar armour? Preferably one that is normal-jacket looking.

Where can I view these gear?

rjay octane lor, bought mine for 170 or 180 cant rem. Come with a water proof liner, which u can insert when u need it. But i find it a hassle especially when ur stuck on the Eway in the rain, would be easier to juz put the rain coat over. Value for the bucks jacket