SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki ZZR-1100

porker

Anybody else riding this bike besides me?

I'm riding a 1994 ZZR-1100D1.

:smile:

Why I ride....\"Modern travelling is not travelling at all; it is merely being sent to a place, and very little different from becoming a parcel.\" -- John Ruskin

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Gixxer1

Used to be the World's Fastest Production Bike until the Honda BlackBird took over the crown! Tried my friend ZX-11D3 on the North-South and hit its top at 285km/h.

I never really tried the top speed of my bike. The Fastest I went was about 270kph on the speedo. Didn't really dare to look at the speedo much. The bike was still pulling though. The bike wobbles alot at that speed which is terrifying. The wobble should be caused by the old tyres I had.

Why I ride....\"Modern travelling is not travelling at all; it is merely being sent to a place, and very little different from becoming a parcel.\" -- John Ruskin

The ZZ-R1100 is named Ninja ZX-11 in the US. D1 to D7 is the versions of the same bike starting from 1993. Mostly colour changes only. And from D3 onwards, The bike is de-restricted to 147hp stock.

Guest Gixxer1

Incorrect tire pressure also contributes to the instability of a bike

Old tires too. D1 seems to have a different headlight from the other models.

There is no difference between the headlights of D1 and other d models. Maybe you saw a C model. C model has smaller tyres and only one ram air hole.

The wobble can be due to many factors, low tyre pressure(need to put higher presure if traveling at higher speed), wheel not balanced properly. tyre tread pattern, Suspension setting, side breeze.

At that speed, my bike feels like it is floating, The rear is not gettin enough grip, and the front feels like it is bearly touching the ground. It IS horrifying! I don't think i will try it again, at least not intentionally. :D

Guest Gixxer1

Saw it in a Japanese magazine of the evolution if the ZX-11. How it changes from one model to another. Always thought that the headlights are diferent, maybe its the camera angles.

:confused:

Well, The ZX11D used to be GPZ900R in 1983. evolving into GPZ1000RX(Ninja 1000R) in 1986, and then into ZX-10. In 1990, ZX-11C model was born and became the world fastest production motorcycle. In 1993, ZX-11D evolved. This model lasted till this year(2002). ZZR-1200 is out in the market now. though I still have not seen one in singapore road.

I've been ridding this bike for nearly two years now. It's been a great bike. The engine is bullet-proof. very solid. Some people hate the look of the bike saying that it is dated.. I think it still look great. It's a very heavy bike though...eats through rear tyres and rear brake pads like no other bike.

The blackbird is probably a better bike.. Fuel injection, linked brakes, Digital speedo in newer models, quiet engine, Lighter in weight, etc...

The ZX-11 Used to be King of the road before Blackbird landed. But ten years of production shows that there is nothing wrong with the bike and has nothing much to improve. That's why i bought the bike. Most ZX-11s lasts more than their COEs. More-ever, I bought the LEGEND which Honda took seven years to beat. :bounce:

Everything about kawa is loud. when riding hard, you could hear the ram air intake whistle, the air box loading with pressure, the engine vibrating swiftly to redline, the tone of the exhaust from bass-y low to Formula 1 high. Not only you feel the pull, you hear and feel it too!

A blackbird sound like a electricity powered bike. no vibes, no character. But somehow, I WANT a blackbird. Getting sick of the loudness nowadays. Somemore, neighbours are complaining liao.

A kawa is raw, The Blackbird is more refined.

Guest what_the_fuk

Glad to see another ZX-11 rider, furthermore a D1 rider as well. Original D1's are the fastest of the lot compared to the rest of the Ds. e.g. D2-D7 (purely subjective of course, but nevertheless true) ;)

I have been riding a D1 for the past 3 years, and I must admit that I love the bike more and more each day.

Tried the PGM FI Blackbirds and while I must admit that while the engines are smooth, and the speed higher (abt 3 - 5 kmh) than the 'old' ZX-11 and handles better, the Kawa engine has a visercal feel and a serious bite that is extremely addictive. Put it next to the Blackbird, and you'll find the Blackbird to be rather bland and clinical next to a ZX-11

It is a heavy bike from the 1990's and weighs much more than the new fangled R1's, Gixxer 1k's, and CBR954's of this millennium. However the weight and the stability paired with the bulbous fairing lets you ride the bike at 230/kmh onwards ROCK STABLE (moderate buffeting). Tried a 2000 R1 in M'sia recently and was going at 235/kmh, and felt constantly assaulted by the wind, the miniscule screen offered little protection from the elements and after a while had to throttle back due to the heavy buffeting. The Kawa lets you ride hard and ride fast for a prolonged period of time. And the bike is confortable enough that you do not feel like hell when you get your ass of the bike in Ipoh or Penang after a day's ride from S'pore, you will still be able to face the bike the next day. You cannot say that for too many bikes.

Through the twisties, a stock ZX-11 is mediocre, this is due to a mushy front fork and a very basic Kayaba emulsion shock. However a visit to Sporting M'cycle and a 1.5K hole in the pocket provided me with firmer fork springs and a fully adjustable rear shock courtesy of Ohlins. After installation, handling was much improved with niftier cornering, and stable long sweepers.

Changing the needles and airfilter also added some horses to the engine. Steel braided cables for better braking as well.

The second hand market has made the ZX-11 price very attractive, so much so, that I am currently looking for another ZX-11, hopefully a D7. This way, I can ride in S'pore a LTA approved bike, while working on a project bike that will be wickedly modified (drool...) for use in M'sia.

Guest what_the_fuk

I got the same rust problem as well.

can you tell me where u sent your tank for repair? I prob need to do the same.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest GuiNNeSS

The end of the road....... :weep:

The bikes that bowed out in 2001 [extract from MCN]

Kawasaki ZZR1100 1990-2001

What is it?: Intercontinental ballistic tourer that set the standard for seven years and has been in production for nearly twelve. During its long reign, the Big Zed has held numerous production speed and acceleration records, not least of which was the honour of being the fastest production motorcycle for six years.

Why has it gone?: The Honda Super Blackbird beat the ZZR at its own game, and the ZX-12R superseded the bike as Kawasaki’s flagship model. Kawasaki’s new ZZ-R1200 carries many of the 1100’s genes, but the " ZZ-R " badge has lost its link to headline-grabbing performance.

Will it be missed?: Oh yes. The ZZR1100 was a milestone motorcycle, whose styling and specification hardly changed over 11 different models. It brought near-180mph performance to the masses in a time when few machines topped 150mph, and goes to show that manufacturers really can get it right first time.

Guest Maxlean

watch our for con-rod bearings....oil starvation is a common problem at high speed.

Suspension set-up: For the forks try a pair of RACETECH emulators with stiffer OHlins or Racetech springs. Some brazing have to be done to the fork internals. Subsequent adjustments on rebound damping will required the emulators to be "fished" out using a wire. with the correct viscosity of oil used, it furthers improves the handling of the NINJA.

Rear is simple.....OHLINS type 4.

DAvid from TEck Thye should be familiar with the job.

Race Tech does provide excellent suspension mods for the ZX-11.

More information can be found at http://www.racetech.com

The front fork's rebound damping can be made still adjustable after installation of Racetec's emulators with some modification according to the website.

Guest GuiNNeSS

Wah Porker, the site got lots of cool stuff man. What have u installed in yours?

Hard to imagine this D versions are approaching 10yrs and still not getting left behind.

Saw two today along along Still Rd. Both in immaculate condition and the engines sounded sweet man! of course i didn't listen for very long cos they both VRRRrrrooooommmm away. Want to take closer inspection also cannot :?

I never do much to my bike... I feel that it is not needed!!! The bike in stock form has more than enough power you can ever use... handles better than you can handle it... Has looks that kills, and even sounds great with stock exhaust!!! What other bike can you find on the market that matches these qualities than the legendary ZX-11...