SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Slippery Road

Ritmo

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any ways to improve it?? Almost slips on one occassion while making a right turn at the junction after a heavy rain. When my tyres touches the yellow box markings, i can feel my entire bike is wobbling.... my speed was ard 30 to 40km/hr. :pity:

hi Ritmo....check your tyre pressure(follow tyre manufacturer recomendation) also

check your rear shock absorber & swing arm for defect.....bearings..brake touching or not......if front wobbles....same....check tyre pressure....front suspension....cone bearing(steering)...............

..........decided 2 do?.....then do it!.......2 do nothing is 2 get nothing..........

the tire model also plays a part...try to get a grippier tyre when it's time for a change..

ur tyres might also be worn out?

...home is where the front of my wheel is. - striking viking

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2066/2077175805_ba8dd2dcfa_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2074/2077981830_a5948902e2_m.jpg

When I got my 2B bike, I have also encountered the same problem......checked the tire, thread was good, pressure also good......then realised that it was because the tires had harden as the previous owner did not changed them for a while. so you might want to consider this too.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/uploads/photo-588.jpg

Home of Kruzers

The ugliness we see in others Is a reflection of our own nature.

Hi, my bike also terriblely slippery on the rear when road is wet. My only advice is dont speed, dont lean your bike to much when cornering.

Try avoid man-hole or road-mark if possible.

ride save :smile:

VT250Z / Steed 400 / Dragstar 400 /Shadow 400 / VMax 1200

1992 -----1996--------1999-----------2003-----------2006 ..|

//ameblo.jp/grassmere

Originally posted by grassmere@Oct 5 2006, 01:04 AM

Hi, my bike also terriblely slippery on the rear when road is wet. My only advice is dont speed, dont lean your bike to much when cornering.

Try avoid man-hole or road-mark if possible.

ride save :smile:

Ya manhole are extremely slippery as well on rainy days!!

Went to checked my cone bearing at the shop where i bought my bike, the mechanic say there is nothing wrong with it instead he did some adjustment on the big nut juz below my handlebar.

After the adjustment, my cornering was quite stable but the thing is my bike tends to sway to the side whenever moving off and about to stop at a low speed.

What actually went wrong??

• 5 weeks later...